December 19, 2014 | 1587 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I bought some Artliner as kind of a lark. I worked myself up to three colors I would occasionally use. I was using gel liners because they stayed a little better. I have greasy eye lids and in the winter my eyes water a lot, so the more liquid liners would run a little.

Then a few weeks ago I bought the Too Faced eyeshadow primer, which is as awesome as everyone says it is. I had the idea to put it down before I put my eyeliner on (I'm a little OCD in the order I put things on, so that switch was a big deal for me, common sense for everyone else). I put a little in the out corner of my eyes (I do a modest cat eye) and put on the Artliner. BAM! I had all day, super great staying eye liner. I think it stays great on normal people, I'm just not normal.

I now have it in four colors - Smoke, Amber, Brown, Aubergine. The Aubergine tends to flake a little, but it might just be a bad batch. The Smoke is my general go-to, though the Brown might replace it (just got it over the weekend). I love them because they go on so quickly compared to gel liners in the morning and nothing beats that liquid look. Buy it, it's totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by seakin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this a four star even though it really is my favorite eyeliner ever. The reason I'm giving 4 stars is twofold:
1- the lack of intensity in the black version, I wish that they had an "intensely black" color. the options are black and ice black and lighter colors but nothing like the intensity in an eye pencil like L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail in Black or the Clinique eye pencils.
2-Because it's so good, I only tried a few other brands of in the last 14 years eyeliner before going back to Artliner without experimenting a lot.

So what are the pros?
First of all, extreme long wear, at the very least lasts for a day. in a few select occasions it lasted well through 2-3 days. And even though it's longwear it's also very easy to clean. so if you make a mistake while applying it, it's not so difficult to fix. Which brings me to my last point: it's incredibly easy to put on. The tip and the amount that you can get from dipping in the container make it incredibly easy to use this eyeliner. Definitely my favorite since I was 15 years old and will be until the better one comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by chelsie614

I've only used this a few times since I only received it recently, but I can already tell this is my HG liquid eyeliner. The felt applicator is perfect for creating thick or thin lines and works great to create the perfect cat eye liner. Its a rich black that dries matte which is a plus for me because I don't like liquid liners that dry shiny. The only con for me is that its a little pricey, but I don't mind too much because it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up yesterday after some extensive research! I love liquid eyeliner and would like to wear it everyday - but most of the liners i have tried have failed me (boots no 7, MAC, L'Oreal, Natural Collection, Rimmel).

The closest i got to a nice liner was L'Oreal Superliner. This is very similar to the Artliner, but the ArtLiner is just superior. It is so easy to get a smooth medium line without having to dip back in the pot! I have used this this morning and am very happy.

I am glad i listened to all the rave reviews for this one and so glad i did some research before parting with even more cash! I know it is expensive at 20 a bottle, but you save so much time and effort with this liner and i can't see how the product could dry out so i'm hoping this will last me around 6 months, if not longer.

If you are looking for a liquid liner that is easy to use, has great colour and lasts then i would recommend this x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by lacuna

This is the only eyeliner I go back to, time and time again. It will not smudge/budge on my eye - and I have extremely oily eye lids. This stays on perfectly (highly pigmented) throughout the day and usually nothing will stay on them - no mascara or eyeliner I have ever tried (except my HG which is the Lancome Artliner and Estee Lauder Doublewear Zero Smudge). Would definitely recommend to all the girls looking for an eyeliner that will just stay put!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got this in black as part of a set but since I didnt like the other two products I ended up returning the set. However I plan to purchase the liner individually soon. Ive had issues with these types of liquid liners in the past and couldnt seem to get the hang of using them but this one is so easy to use, looked good and lasted a good amount of time too. I didnt like the packaging -short and stubby and i may have been confused as to which end was up a couple times at first so I would prefer a longer sleeker tube but other than that I cant complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by pinkmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This liner is so great!! I have had such trouble with precision, I have never and will never be able to use a pencil for example because I just don't have the patience for it and my eyelids are not as plump as other people so when I try to draw a line I just get a jagged thing happening because the skin bunches up along the way, if that makes sense.
That being said, this liquid liner makes it so easy to create a nice line and I can even make a wing!! Since the applicator is dipped into the color rather than it coming out in the form of a pen, you don't have to worry about the end being dried out.
This liner is worth the price if you struggle like I do with most other liners.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i REALLY wanted to love this liner knowing that it's HG for so many people. it just didn't work for me. i have monolids that completely fold underneath so after i applied the product, i had to keep my eyelids stretched to allow the liner to dry and even after doing so, it was a complete mess...got all over my eyelids. ok...perhaps i have to wait longer...fixed it w/some eye makeup remover and went about my day. it didn't last on me AT ALL. i dont think i got even 4 hours w/primer. it was so disappointing for me cuz it's definitely not cheap. i just don't think the formulation works for monolids bc it takes too long to dry and rubs off against the constant rubbing from my eyelids, but i can see that it would work for others w/"normal(?)" lids. w/that being said, i do love the felt tip. it's not rock hard so that it pulls on the eye nor so flexible that it's hard to have a steady line. i love that it's tapered and how evenly it distributes the product. i've tried stila's waterproof liquid liner that also didn't work for me. so far, the only one that has lasting power on my lids is the hourglass calligraphy liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lovilyest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a week ago. I really wanted and smudgeproof eyeliner and I got just that. My lids are so oily and everything I've tried in the past smudged. This eyeliner is not only smudgeproof, it is very black and doesn't have a shine like most liquid liners. I am so happy with this purchase. It's a little expensive but I think it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is really nice for people with unsteady hands to get a nice line. It won't be super thin if that's what you're going for, though.

I loved it at first, but the staying power was just crap. My eyeliner always rubs against my eyelids so sometimes it gets a little oily and sometimes it won't last in the corners of my eyes...