April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh this was a gross lip balm. I had Pink Punch and the colour was awful on me as it was a gawdy pink sort of colour on my lips. Not to mention the taste was horrific - like plastic or maybe burnt plastic GROSS!!! And it dried out my lips big time. Its probably recycled by now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by iridescentlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

THIS is what I wanted the Revlon lip butters to be, moisturizing enough to be a lip balm and still provide color. It is not drying, feels very moisturizing on my lipstick (balmy texture), and I can't get enough of the scent! It smells like strawberry punch or something, smells soooo amazingggg. The color is a barbie pink (not too cool-toned either). Packaging isn't anything luxurious, but it's cute and practical. AND it's like half the price of most other drugstore tinted lip balms! Definitely getting more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by eciupak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased all of the Baby Lips line and at first I was excited with the product but after using the product for several weeks I am more disappointed with the purchase. I love the two clear ones in the line (10-Peppermint and 05-Quenched). Peppermint has a nice peppermint tingle and smell while Quenched has a very subtle fruity smell to it. They go on clear but glossy. I find myself applying often to keep the glossiness to my lips. It isn't as glossy as a lip gloss but it does give a nice sheen to the lips.
The tinted balms in the line I wish I hadn't purchased. The color starts to look unnatural the more applications you apply (30-Peach Kiss is the exception). I like to apply often to feel that greasiness on my lips too! The first application looks wonderful but it starts to stain your lips and look more like you drank Koolaid which looks awful if you were just looking for a balm to polish your look without going the lipstick route. And with the except for Peach Kiss, they also have an offensive odor. They simply smelled like medication and were VERY strong. I also found tinted balms to be on the drying side or else they leave a film that starts to peel off like dead skin. At $3 a piece, I think I'll cut my losses and toss them in the trash.
The packaging is on the cheap side and I found that the caps start to become easier to remove which means I can see it coming loose in my purse and causing some damage.
All-in-all, I will not be repurchasing any of the line. If I want a greasy lip, I'll go with Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by oliviasMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I understand how this color may not be best suited for older women. It is a very barbie, cute pink. But for young girls it's great. It gives the perfect splash of color to the lips without the hassle of layers of lipstick/gloss. It also softens so nicely. And smells delicious. Color looks great with a tan, too. I have this in Cherry Me which is much more natural and a little less pigmented but also amazing too. Will keep buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I love this color. it's not either heavy or dry like lipstick. and it's not glossy or not pigmented.

so pretty natural color but very well pigmented. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm based on good reviews from here.
I am always on the look out for a super moisturising pretty tinted lip balm.

This balm applies quite thinly and feels really greasy and I didn't feel there was any staying power and knew I would have to reapply often.

What was really weird was when I applied it, I didn't notice any real colour but then it started to oxidise like one of those mood glosses you get from NYX which I thought was pretty cool until I got out to the car checked the mirror and realised I had some pretty serious pink neon lips going on. Not a good look on a 46 year old about to go to work.

Within half an hour the balm was all gone and I was reaching for something to put on my lips as they felt very dry. I did not reach for the Baby Lips agains.

Not for me unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mama2veda

I love this lip balm! It makes my lips soft, smells terrific, and has a nice subtle color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by hustlababy09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I watch beauty videos on YouTube and Baby Lips was all the rage, so I wanted to try it for myself. I was skeptical because I didn't believe that a product that was so inexpensive could work so well. I was wrong. After using this product, I would definitely recommend it to everyone. It made my lips SO soft, and keeps them soft, not to mention it smells amazing!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+Pretty moisturizing (but not as good as some other balms)..
+Very pretty baby pink color that slightly stains lips
+Super cute packaging
+Smells yummy, but not really like punch..more candyish
+Reasonably priced, $4 (plus a lot of stores have Maybelline products bogo1/2 off quite frequently)

Cons:
None!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this and can say I was pleasantly suprised. I of course read reviews about this but also saw it in stores. It was only like $4 at walmart. Anyways, It applies smoothly and delivered a bright "pink punch" to my lips. As far as how well it worked it made my chapped lips strong and still smooth even on the days when I don't wear it. My sister even started calling me 'luscious lips', lovee it.