NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 10/5/2014 11:59:00 AM

I really like this - it's more of a light foundation compared to mercier. The color Alaska fits my nw/nc20 skin to a T. It's yellow based which I love to counter the red in my skin. Like I said high coverage for a TM and great sun protection! Lasts all day w a light powdering. I wouldn't go nuts on the powder or the nice finish will be too matted. Not as dewy on me as mercier original. This is oil free. I do feel like I need some bronzer/hilighter and stuff w this, wherein LM I feel lets my natural radiance shine thru. Good stuff smells like creamsicles and I'll repurchase! Oh and being a TM obviously you'll need to conceal under the eye/redness etc. For this I use my undercover pot by LM.

on 10/2/2014 8:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this tinted moisturizer -- my favorite so far. The best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried/used/owned. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very concentrated, and a tube lasts forever. The coverage is excellent for a tinted moisturizer, and it is long-lasting on my combination skin. The shade "Terre Neuve" is neutral, and perfect for my neutral skin tone. "Alaska" is too dark and yellow, and "Finland" is similar to "Terre Neuve", but it is more yellow. Besides, the sufficient UVA and UVB protection is a huge plus.

on 10/1/2014 8:27:00 AM

Love this tinted moisturiser! Perfect match to my skin and looks beautiful on the skin, very natural and dewy. I know some people don't like that look, but I do.
It is my go to weekend look when I don't feel like putting on a whole face of make up. It doesn't last particularly long (e.g by the time I get home on a Saturday afternoon it looks faded) but that is what you would expect for a tinted moisturiser.

Looks gorgeous on its own or under foundation.

on 9/21/2014 1:06:00 AM

I have this in Alaska and overall I do like it a lot. I wish there was a slightly darker yellow shade, but I tried a sample of St. Moritz and it was WAY too dark on me so Alaska it is. It is awesome for just evening out skin and giving a glowy look. I love it especially in the summer, sometimes it is harder to use in the winter because of my dry flakey skin so I have to make sure I moisturize well first. It gets really oily so I always follow up by buffing on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium to set it and then I'm good for the whole day! Even after a full day of work and then going to the gym afterwards. I'm almost done my first tube and will rebuy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Finally a product that matches my skintone!! I wear this in the shade Cuba. Great for everyday wear, light and non greasy/heavy feeling. You can build this up for medium coverage if desired, but light enough to let natural moles/freckles come through if desired. May need to be touched up after 8 hours+ wear if you are going from your job to night out.

Also it has SPF, a great skincare bonus imo.

on 9/17/2014 11:32:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer has a great light yet some what covering consistency. But it is very dewy, if you have oily skin, stay away from this, it'll just make your skin more oily. It looks good for the first few minutes of putting it on, put it has to much shine. Very natural and smooth finsih though that I love. Better for dry skin. The color I have is pretty warm and orange. Not a lot of coverage. But provides some.

on 9/17/2014 10:49:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer is really a 2.5 in my book. 1 lippy for the SPF30, 1 lippy for the good color match (terre neuve) and 1/2 lippy for more coverage than other TMs--between light and medium. However, I am just not a fan of how it looks on me. It accentuates dry patches and just doesn't go on very smoothly. I have tried using fingers and numerous brushes and in my opinion, fingers work best with this TM.

on 9/10/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Light 3/Groenland. It is a decent match for NC25, but I think there may be a better match with a bit more yellow in it. This was just the shade Sephora matched me with. It does not cover redness, esp my red nose, but does a decent job of evening out my skin otherwise. I can see it really working for someone with better skin who just wants to even it out. Packaging is very nice as are all Nars products.

on 9/8/2014 9:13:00 PM

I got this in a sample at Sephora and I LOVE it!!! This is the best tinted moisturizer I have tried. It has great coverage almost like a foundation with the feel of a tinted moisturizer. The color is beautiful and it gives you a dewey moisturized look. It doesn't take much product at all to get the coverage you need. It lasted all day and still looked great. The only thing I don't like about this is the price but that's how it is with all Nars products. They are amazing but expensive!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am seriously not that impressed with this product from NARS. My shade is Alaska (Light2) and it is a perfect match indeed for my fair, yellow based skin tone. I have however two main gripes with this product:
- sunscreen (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate is the main sunscreen here - it is not a photostable sunscreen so in theory you should be reapplying your tinted moisturiser every 2 hours to retain the sunscreen factor stated on the packaging. PA+++ ? I don't think so.)
- the packaging - a black flip top tube with large brand's logo is visually appealing until one tries to open it without ruining a manicure - while you are fighting with an awkward opening of the tube, the product will squirt uncontrollably out of the packaging dirtying everything.

I am quite happy with how it looks on my skin for first couple of hours (I have seriously dehydrated skin and I thought it would be perfect). Gives me a dewy, perfected look, but my t zone requires powdering which kills off all the glow that I am getting from the product. It is perfumed but I did not have any reaction to the fragrance in it. I am suspecting it is a culprit of some blemishes on my cheeks, forehead and nose after wearing this product on my face for three days straight for more than 10 hours a day (I work loooong hours sometimes). I have not had any reaction like this after my usual Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (worn over a double layer of Avene sunscreen) or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat/Encre de Peau, L'Oreal Nude Magique etc. I double cleanse at night.

Also beware if you are hugging your boyfriend or husband as it is transferable and not long lasting.

I will not buy it again, quite frankly it is an average product.