NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

on 9/21/2014 1:06:00 AM

I have this in Alaska and overall I do like it a lot. I wish there was a slightly darker yellow shade, but I tried a sample of St. Moritz and it was WAY too dark on me so Alaska it is. It is awesome for just evening out skin and giving a glowy look. I love it especially in the summer, sometimes it is harder to use in the winter because of my dry flakey skin so I have to make sure I moisturize well first. It gets really oily so I always follow up by buffing on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium to set it and then I'm good for the whole day! Even after a full day of work and then going to the gym afterwards. I'm almost done my first tube and will rebuy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Finally a product that matches my skintone!! I wear this in the shade Cuba. Great for everyday wear, light and non greasy/heavy feeling. You can build this up for medium coverage if desired, but light enough to let natural moles/freckles come through if desired. May need to be touched up after 8 hours+ wear if you are going from your job to night out.

Also it has SPF, a great skincare bonus imo.

on 9/17/2014 11:32:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer has a great light yet some what covering consistency. But it is very dewy, if you have oily skin, stay away from this, it'll just make your skin more oily. It looks good for the first few minutes of putting it on, put it has to much shine. Very natural and smooth finsih though that I love. Better for dry skin. The color I have is pretty warm and orange. Not a lot of coverage. But provides some.

on 9/17/2014 10:49:00 PM

This tinted moisturizer is really a 2.5 in my book. 1 lippy for the SPF30, 1 lippy for the good color match (terre neuve) and 1/2 lippy for more coverage than other TMs--between light and medium. However, I am just not a fan of how it looks on me. It accentuates dry patches and just doesn't go on very smoothly. I have tried using fingers and numerous brushes and in my opinion, fingers work best with this TM.

on 9/10/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Light 3/Groenland. It is a decent match for NC25, but I think there may be a better match with a bit more yellow in it. This was just the shade Sephora matched me with. It does not cover redness, esp my red nose, but does a decent job of evening out my skin otherwise. I can see it really working for someone with better skin who just wants to even it out. Packaging is very nice as are all Nars products.

on 9/8/2014 9:13:00 PM

I got this in a sample at Sephora and I LOVE it!!! This is the best tinted moisturizer I have tried. It has great coverage almost like a foundation with the feel of a tinted moisturizer. The color is beautiful and it gives you a dewey moisturized look. It doesn't take much product at all to get the coverage you need. It lasted all day and still looked great. The only thing I don't like about this is the price but that's how it is with all Nars products. They are amazing but expensive!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am seriously not that impressed with this product from NARS. My shade is Alaska (Light2) and it is a perfect match indeed for my fair, yellow based skin tone. I have however two main gripes with this product:
- sunscreen (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate is the main sunscreen here - it is not a photostable sunscreen so in theory you should be reapplying your tinted moisturiser every 2 hours to retain the sunscreen factor stated on the packaging. PA+++ ? I don't think so.)
- the packaging - a black flip top tube with large brand's logo is visually appealing until one tries to open it without ruining a manicure - while you are fighting with an awkward opening of the tube, the product will squirt uncontrollably out of the packaging dirtying everything.

I am quite happy with how it looks on my skin for first couple of hours (I have seriously dehydrated skin and I thought it would be perfect). Gives me a dewy, perfected look, but my t zone requires powdering which kills off all the glow that I am getting from the product. It is perfumed but I did not have any reaction to the fragrance in it. I am suspecting it is a culprit of some blemishes on my cheeks, forehead and nose after wearing this product on my face for three days straight for more than 10 hours a day (I work loooong hours sometimes). I have not had any reaction like this after my usual Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (worn over a double layer of Avene sunscreen) or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat/Encre de Peau, L'Oreal Nude Magique etc. I double cleanse at night.

Also beware if you are hugging your boyfriend or husband as it is transferable and not long lasting.

I will not buy it again, quite frankly it is an average product.

on 8/31/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i have been surprisingly happy with this foundation. perfect for these hot summers. slides on and blends so well. i layer it on in the areas where my skin is more red, and it does a great job concealing these areas. i noticed my usual clogged pores are gone now that ive switched from a heavier foundation. color matches flawlessly, i wear st. moritz.
only pitfall is it doesn't have as much staying power as i would like. but given it's a lighter formula, i think it's understandable.
would buy again. highly recommend.

on 8/29/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is amazing for everyday wear. If you don't normally like tinted moisturizers because they're too sheer, then this is for you. It's more like a really moisturizing light foundation. The wear time is really great for what it is, and I just like it for everyday because it isn't harsh on the skin. I wear the shade Alaska which matches up to nc 20-25 really nicely. I actually blend this in with a brush instead of using my fingers abd it's just enough coverage for most of my face, and then I highlight/conceal where I need it. It smells great too!

on 8/21/2014 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am very very impressed with this product!

I use it with a RT stippling brush, and also sometimes apply it with the nars primer (light reflecting one) that gives it a lovely glow.

I use this everyday for work, as it take less that a minute for me to apply.

Coverage is excellent for being a tinted moisturizer.

I brought this nearly a year ago, and I reckon I am only half way through. Very very very impressed!

I am in the colour St Mortiz and It suits my winter shade (pale) and summer shade (where I go very dark). I will be buying this product again when it runs out.