September 1, 2014 | 1045 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by JessGnmr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. It wears really well, the shade i have matches my skin really well and the shimmer really brightens my complexion. However i do find that this foundation breaks me out when i wear it. I still use it on special occasions because it is really great, but i can't wear it every day because my acne gets too bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ameleahlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I honestly don't see the hype over this foundation! It gives good coverage but it's so obviously shimmery and cakey! I know the point of this foundation is to 'wake you up' however I really hate shimmer, I just like radiance and sheen. But if you don't mind that, it's an okay foundation for the price, it's just really not for me. The packaging is good though, with a hygienic pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to wear foundation daily in university when my skin was more prone to breakouts but haven't been wearing much foundation for the last 3-4 years. Recently, my skin has been breaking out more frequently due to stress, and I've been looking for a foundation with good coverage and lasting power. After reading the MUA reviews, I bought this foundation, and wow, this is amazing and definitely HG worthy!

I live in the Netherlands, and there is a terrible selection of cosmetics here so I do all my makeup shopping online. The toughest part is selecting the right shade, which I have to rely on reviews. I have tanned Asian skin tone with yellow-based undertones, and I usually have trouble finding a good shade match. Given that the shade selection for this product is quite limited, I was amazed that I was able to find one that matched my skin exactly - 303 True Nude. It's a way better match than any other foundations. This foundation usually sells for £9, and I bought it from ASOS for £5.5.

First off, the packaging is really cute - love the orange colour and pump applicator. There is no weird scent or anything. The foundation itself is fantastic! It's very creamy with a medium to buildable coverage. I can never find a concealer in the right shade so I just layer foundation to cover blemishes. Even several layers of this one doesn't give you a cakey look. The foundation dries to a slightly dewy finish on my normal/combination skin. I find that it can emphasize the dry spots so make sure to moisturize very well before putting on the foundation. However, it's not a problem for the more oily parts of my skin. My nose is extremely oily, and most foundations do not stay on for very long. This one, however, stays put on my entire face for 8 hours with setting powder. Even without setting powder, it doesn't smear off/transfer easily. While I have slightly sensitive skin, this foundation hasn't cause any breakouts on me so far.

Overall, it's a HG foundation with great coverage, finish, and lasting power! True Nude is very yellow-based and suitable for tanned Asian skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by remyhay

Although I'm not much of a foundation buff, I can openly say I was pretty disappointed with this product. I had heard a lot of hype about it, and did my fair research before purchasing, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
To begin, the fairest shade still transferred sort of orange on me. That was a bummer since I thought (in the store lighting) that it was a fairly close match - not so. It also had a habit of clinging to the places where I did not want it - namely, the dry patches around my nose, and it really awkwardly covered some acne I had on my chin in the same way. The effect wasn't as glowy as I had hoped, as I'm pretty big on the dewy look. As well, and this is just a preference thing for me, I found it was a lot heavier than I expected. Although it didn't cover my acne, I felt no matter how much I buffed and buffed it was still really evident that I was wearing foundation.
That being said, it's a great price for how much product you get, and I really love the packaging - the colors are fresh and fun, and the pump applicator is absolutely genius. The formula just isn't my thing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I purchased this foundation when I was looking for a cheaper brand as I felt like venturing away from high end make up. However I did not like this foundation firstly the packaging is not good when you take off the lid there is a long stick attached with I do not see the point in. Also the lid broke within 2 days so I could not put it in my bag without it spilling every where. moreover the product itself does not have a wide enough range of colors so i found it difficult to match my skin tone as i am between medium fair and light olive. I thought i found my color when I tested it until I got home and it came out darker. it has an orange undertone which I do not like.
I will not be repurchasing this foundation in fact I did not get a quarter through the bottle and I usually try to use up products regardless as to whether i like them or not due to not being a fan of wasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by immyhopee

For a while my YSL Touche eclat foundation has been my absolute favourite as i dont like foundations that are too full coverage and matte i like something that will leave you with a nice dewy finish which sounds funny as i do have a oily T zone.
Anyway about a week ago i purchased the Rimmel wake me up foundation and in no way am i saying it is a dupe for the YSL touché eclat but it does have a very similar effect but at a way cheaper price, when i tried it i thought it looked even better than my touche eclat and fell in love but was sure that with my oily T zone and price of the product it would just fall of through the day but it was the opposite i found that it last at least up to 8-9 hours without touching up throughout the day.
I love this foundation for a natural look and have been waring it everyday, i usually apply it with a real techniques expert face brush for best results. I would defiantly re-purchace

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I LOVE this foundation! I just bought it and after applying it I went into a well lit room and my skin looks sooo healthy and glowing. Yes, it has a slight shimmer in it- but its a nice natural shimmer. I'm someone who is very picky with foundations, if it looks cakey or actually look like I'm wearing foundation then I take it all off and go bare face. I tried YSL's touche elait and makeup forever's HD foundation> Makeup forever looked like I was wearing foundation and was mean to my dry skin :P though YSL's was better It wasn't super nice to my dry skin either. This foundation I would purchase in a heartbeat again and I think I've found my holy grail foundation. I'd say its longevity isn't amazing--then again I haven't found a foundation that has lasted a long time- but the fact that it looks this amazing on my skin is worth it. The packaging is super easy and its clean because of the pump. I normally don't write reviews unless they're amazing products.Overall, I love it and go try it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was a little bit skeptical to try this product, as I have oilier skin. I know that this foundation is for normal to dry skin, but I'm so tired of products designed for oily skin making me look cakey and dull. After speaking to a rep who had previously worked for Chanel, YSL, and other high end brands, I was sold on this product as she told me it was the best foundation she's used in her life. I apply it with the expert face brush by real techniques and buff it out. This foundation looks so nautral while managing to provide medium coverage to cover any imperfections. I've heard complaints about the sparkles looking obvious and over the top, but I've been using this for over a month and in no lighting have I once detected them. Which is funny because they're very apprent on the back of my hand if I don't wipe all of the product off. But I"m not complaining. This foundation is super long wearing, but I didn't expect it to be. It might hold up better on someone with less oily skin then me, but even then, I get a solid 6-8 hours of it. So I use it alone on shorter days, and I mix it with my Revlon Colorstay on longer days just to add a bit of a glow. Great foundation, love the pump, no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by amourfashion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS:
-matched my skin colour (bronze)
- medium coverage
-covered blemishes and partially covered my undereye circles
-staying power 6 hours +
-moisturising
-non cakey
-didnt make my acne prone skin react
CONS:
in summer/spring and in direct sunlight your face sparkles, NOT glows.

i loved this foundation,like it was my hg in winter, it didnt break me out and it did not cling to the dry patches around my nose, it made me look brighter and made my overall complexion nicer. But when spring came i could not go out wearing this on sunny days the glitter was obvious and it was embarrassing. ive tried mixing it with a darker matte foundation and topped it with my revlon nearly naked powder but the glitter is still significant and it sucks cause this is the only foundation that suits me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mikaelabryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay for a starter I DO NOT like wearing liquid/cream/mousse foundations. It's powder with a little concealer for me. I wanted a liquid foundation for a function I was catering at for long lasting wear the whole time (10 hours). For someone who STRONGLY DISLIKES liquid foundation, I LOVED THIS FOUNDATION SOOOO MUCH. Great coverage, long lasting (I just touched up with powder on my break), and not oily at all! Very pleased