August 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by remyhay

Although I'm not much of a foundation buff, I can openly say I was pretty disappointed with this product. I had heard a lot of hype about it, and did my fair research before purchasing, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
To begin, the fairest shade still transferred sort of orange on me. That was a bummer since I thought (in the store lighting) that it was a fairly close match - not so. It also had a habit of clinging to the places where I did not want it - namely, the dry patches around my nose, and it really awkwardly covered some acne I had on my chin in the same way. The effect wasn't as glowy as I had hoped, as I'm pretty big on the dewy look. As well, and this is just a preference thing for me, I found it was a lot heavier than I expected. Although it didn't cover my acne, I felt no matter how much I buffed and buffed it was still really evident that I was wearing foundation.
That being said, it's a great price for how much product you get, and I really love the packaging - the colors are fresh and fun, and the pump applicator is absolutely genius. The formula just isn't my thing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I purchased this foundation when I was looking for a cheaper brand as I felt like venturing away from high end make up. However I did not like this foundation firstly the packaging is not good when you take off the lid there is a long stick attached with I do not see the point in. Also the lid broke within 2 days so I could not put it in my bag without it spilling every where. moreover the product itself does not have a wide enough range of colors so i found it difficult to match my skin tone as i am between medium fair and light olive. I thought i found my color when I tested it until I got home and it came out darker. it has an orange undertone which I do not like.
I will not be repurchasing this foundation in fact I did not get a quarter through the bottle and I usually try to use up products regardless as to whether i like them or not due to not being a fan of wasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by immyhopee

For a while my YSL Touche eclat foundation has been my absolute favourite as i dont like foundations that are too full coverage and matte i like something that will leave you with a nice dewy finish which sounds funny as i do have a oily T zone.
Anyway about a week ago i purchased the Rimmel wake me up foundation and in no way am i saying it is a dupe for the YSL touché eclat but it does have a very similar effect but at a way cheaper price, when i tried it i thought it looked even better than my touche eclat and fell in love but was sure that with my oily T zone and price of the product it would just fall of through the day but it was the opposite i found that it last at least up to 8-9 hours without touching up throughout the day.
I love this foundation for a natural look and have been waring it everyday, i usually apply it with a real techniques expert face brush for best results. I would defiantly re-purchace

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I LOVE this foundation! I just bought it and after applying it I went into a well lit room and my skin looks sooo healthy and glowing. Yes, it has a slight shimmer in it- but its a nice natural shimmer. I'm someone who is very picky with foundations, if it looks cakey or actually look like I'm wearing foundation then I take it all off and go bare face. I tried YSL's touche elait and makeup forever's HD foundation> Makeup forever looked like I was wearing foundation and was mean to my dry skin :P though YSL's was better It wasn't super nice to my dry skin either. This foundation I would purchase in a heartbeat again and I think I've found my holy grail foundation. I'd say its longevity isn't amazing--then again I haven't found a foundation that has lasted a long time- but the fact that it looks this amazing on my skin is worth it. The packaging is super easy and its clean because of the pump. I normally don't write reviews unless they're amazing products.Overall, I love it and go try it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was a little bit skeptical to try this product, as I have oilier skin. I know that this foundation is for normal to dry skin, but I'm so tired of products designed for oily skin making me look cakey and dull. After speaking to a rep who had previously worked for Chanel, YSL, and other high end brands, I was sold on this product as she told me it was the best foundation she's used in her life. I apply it with the expert face brush by real techniques and buff it out. This foundation looks so nautral while managing to provide medium coverage to cover any imperfections. I've heard complaints about the sparkles looking obvious and over the top, but I've been using this for over a month and in no lighting have I once detected them. Which is funny because they're very apprent on the back of my hand if I don't wipe all of the product off. But I"m not complaining. This foundation is super long wearing, but I didn't expect it to be. It might hold up better on someone with less oily skin then me, but even then, I get a solid 6-8 hours of it. So I use it alone on shorter days, and I mix it with my Revlon Colorstay on longer days just to add a bit of a glow. Great foundation, love the pump, no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by amourfashion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS:
-matched my skin colour (bronze)
- medium coverage
-covered blemishes and partially covered my undereye circles
-staying power 6 hours +
-moisturising
-non cakey
-didnt make my acne prone skin react
CONS:
in summer/spring and in direct sunlight your face sparkles, NOT glows.

i loved this foundation,like it was my hg in winter, it didnt break me out and it did not cling to the dry patches around my nose, it made me look brighter and made my overall complexion nicer. But when spring came i could not go out wearing this on sunny days the glitter was obvious and it was embarrassing. ive tried mixing it with a darker matte foundation and topped it with my revlon nearly naked powder but the glitter is still significant and it sucks cause this is the only foundation that suits me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mikaelabryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay for a starter I DO NOT like wearing liquid/cream/mousse foundations. It's powder with a little concealer for me. I wanted a liquid foundation for a function I was catering at for long lasting wear the whole time (10 hours). For someone who STRONGLY DISLIKES liquid foundation, I LOVED THIS FOUNDATION SOOOO MUCH. Great coverage, long lasting (I just touched up with powder on my break), and not oily at all! Very pleased

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I love this foundation! The only thing that sucks is the colour range. I have NC15 skin, and ivory is still a bit dark / orange for me. It works better when I'm self tanning. It's medium coverage, and blends / applies nicely.. and the finish is beautiful. I looked in my car mirror (if your makeup looks bad the lighting in the car will let you know!) and couldn't believe how nice my skin looked.. like, really nice. Even though I was breaking out. It has a natural & glowing look to it, not shimmery or oily just glowy. The foundation does have shimmer in it but I don't find it noticeable. It's not a long wearing foundation (at least not on my oily skin) so I tend to wear it when I'm only out for a few hours. Sometimes I mix it with revlon colorstay to get a better match / longer wear. If you can find a colour match I do recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by monkeynuts

I read/watched so many good reviews of this I snapped it up when on offer somewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't love me like it does so many others! I found the shade, which would've been ivory, just didn't look natural on me. The coverage was not enough for my crap skin so I didn't look healthy wearing this. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it. I will pass it on to my sister with clearer skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I bought the lightest shade and was very happy with color match and the way in blended on my skin, but on pictures I was horrified to find out i turned out white as a ghost.