October 31, 2014 | 1042 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by MelJS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm surprised by how much I like this. I've tried a couple of primers before (Smashbox Light and Benefit The Porefessional), and while they made my skin feel nice and helped my foundation go on smoothly, they didn't do much to help its staying power. I have oily skin and foundations tend to slide off throughout the day, even with powder. With this Revlon primer, my foundation stays on ALL DAY, and I'm a lot less shiny throughout the day (I still have to blot with blotting paper a couple of times but it's much better than without). In fact it's so good at holding on to make up that you have to be careful not to be too heavy-handed or it can look a bit cakey - I've found that I'm using less foundation and a can use just a light dusting of powder. The one downside is the horrible packaging - every single day when I pump out the primer, I have to fish out a little crusty pellet of dried primer that has solidified in the nozzle (which feels wasteful of primer as well as being annoying). If they could fix that it would be amazing! Oh also, it does have a slightly odd smell when you first put it on (maybe a bit solventy?) but that disappears pretty much straight away once it's on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer and Korres's Silicone-Free Face Primer, and I think that Revlon's photo-ready primer is a good in-between. Tarte's silicon-based primer is thick and sticky, but does a GREAT job concealing my pores and gripping foundation. Unfortunately, it makes my dry/combination skin itch something terrible, and feels very heavy. Korres's primer feels like a dream--moisturizing without oiliness, and foundation smooths on more easily than without; but it does a mediocre job of pore minimizing or making my foundation last longer.

Revlon's does a better job of covering pores than Korres and doesn't feel nearly horrible as Tarte's. And at half the price of either, it's budget-friendly. I like Tarte's better for occasions where I need to look flawless, and Korres's for days when my skin feels extra-dry, but Revlon's is what I wear to work most days. Nothing to get really really excited about, but better than wearing foundation alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

This isn't a miracle product by any means yet it's the best primer for my oily skin & large pores that I've tried. In the past I have bought Benefit's Porefessional, Too Faced Primed & Poreless, Palladio herbal primer, L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base, NYX Pore Filler, Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, & several others that were so mediocre I can't recall. Revlon's has blown these out of the water.

What I like about this product... it does a *decent* job hiding my GAPING pores. And it controls my super oily skin quite well. The drugstore price is quite awesome. I would shell out a lot of money for a good primer. If these pros don't sound like much, keep in mind primer is a low thrill deal. Revlon Photoready Perfecting does its job...I can't ask for much more.

Now for what I dislike about this product... if you have normal to dry skin, forget it. This will stick to every dry patch in sight. I also found that this primer doesn't play well with all sunscreens or moisturizers. The trick to making this work is you have to apply foundation over the primer IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise it will ball up. My last complaint is it can make my skin look like a mask. Be sure to apply very little in order to avoid this issue.

I'll definitely repurchase. Yeah, it has plenty of cons. But I don't think there's anything better out there given that my biggest skin issues are my pores & oil production. Well worth it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by KatarinaBallerina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I was looking for a foundation light enough to use on my skin, which Revlon PhotoReady Mousse Foundation in Vanilla was so I thought I may as well buy the primer, too. Although I haven’t broken out or had any other nasty side effects, this isn’t the best product I’ve used. It is very drying so I need to use a good moisturiser underneath to stop it caking on my face and definitely need to exfoliate thoroughly before using it as any dead skin on my face is even more noticeable after using it. Also it has the tendency to settle into pores and so accentuate them even more.
It wasn’t all bad though, I now only use it on my t-zone to control shine, which it does do quite well, but I have also noticed it lightens the colour of my foundation and I have to use a slightly darker shade of foundation on my nose. Also, because the Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation in Vanilla is too dark for my skin—somehow the liquid foundation ends up darker than the mousse, not sure why—this primer makes it slightly lighter on my face. So too negatives turn into a plus!
I’ve used this with the Revlon photo ready liquid foundation and mousse. From my experience, it seems to work better with the mousse.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not do much for your face or make up. The quality is really not all that great either for the price that it was sold for. I haven't been a big fan of revlon so I wasn't too surprised that this product was a big disappointment. I bought this product because I was looking for a cheaper alternative for my Laura mericier, so I decided to give this a try. It does make your face smooth and makes it easier to apply your make up, but my makeup definitely does not stay on longer, nor does it reduce my oiliness, in fact this product may have actually increased the oiliness of my face. The pump is really inefficient; there is always dried product right at the tip. I would not buy this product again as it did nothing for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by JustDee

I just got this no less than a month ago. I usually use MAC primer but just trying to save just a bit of cash, must say i liked it at first made my face look smooth prior to foundation. But it now makes me oily and a few break out. Gotta say its a toss up as to buying it again...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Way too slippery for me;Make up slid off my face. Did nothing to control oil or shine . Glad I got it for free..will go back to Shine Stopper by Paula's Choice

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Emitesoro

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although the product is quite good and does give a lovely glow to my skin, I find the packaging abysmal. I have had to throw out every single bottle I have bought (around 5) with approximately a third of the product unused because the pump no longer works. I have complained to the cosmetics departments where I bought the product : some replaced it and some simply sympathized saying it was a regular complaint. Complaints to Revlon resulted in dismissive denials. I find this totally unacceptable and have switched to Estee Lauder's Illuminating Perfecting Primer which is wonderful and incomparably better.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this primer! The texture is great and gives a nicer finish and lasting power to my foundation/concealer. Doesnt break me out at all. I picked it up on sale for a great price but I think it's worth its regular price if someone is looking for a primer that isn't too expensive. Packaging is nice, but the pump tends to have hardened bits and the cap falls off all the time in my makeup bag but other than that the pump design is convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeup4Ever

I love this primer and I give 5 lippies for price, packaging and overall rating. This made my oily t-zone matte. For days that I don't even wear makeup I still apply this cause it takes away shine and oil