April 23, 2014 | 1785 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by VNova

It feels smooth, and does correct my skin a bit. I am acne prone so it helps before i put on my foundation. I use EL double wear so this primer creates a nice shield, therefore the foundation cannot get into all the pores.
It is a bit pricey for a DS brand. But overall is ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by amypoppyflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This primer is wonderful. It mattifies the skin, and seems to blur our enlarged pores. Even before you apply concealer or foundation, you can see the nice results of this product. I'm not too sure about it's staying power - but it is a nice product and I would recommend this if you're looking for a product that will give your skin a flawless finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Blondieofthetown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is garbage. Loreal has a way better product but I thought what the heck I'll try Revlon's Photoready primer because I had a $2 off coupon.

It feels nice on the skin but it does nothing visually & I am in my late twenties so it's not like I'm way up there expecting miraculous results, however with a name like "photoready" I am expecting something! It's too thin also it just seems to smear too easily, making things harder to cover and having to apply much more than I would expect.

If this was your first primer & you didn't like it, don't give up! Some primers really do a fantastic job, just not this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hershayla

PROS
-gives off slightly white and balanced skin tone for an okay base for foundation
-blends well
-light-weight
-no break outs or irritation
-love the pump for packaging
CONS
-sinks into smile lines
-it's not very good, but not very bad
-doesn't do "much" for your skin
OVERALL
It's not what I am particularly looking for in a primer. I don't think it's worth buying again. It's not bad but it's not good either. It doesn't really do anything for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

ONE THIRD of this will go to waste because the pump design is simply made inefficient. The primer eventually stops coming out & no tilting/shaking/readjusting can change that. No matter how great the product itself is, being on a budget this is most definetly a deal breaker for me. Having said, that the 2/3 I did use, I enjoyed. The texture is different then most primers, its not as siliconey to the touch. Its more like a thicker lotion that emulsifies as you apply it, leaving a very non-sticky, non-shiny matte finish. It did a great job at filling in my forehead & frown lines. My pores were minimized around my nose, but not did not completely vanish, which was also a disappointment since that is more of a concern for me personally. The pump disperses a small amount & so I would usually need 2 pumps to do the areas mentioned.

I liked the clear bottle as I could keep track of when I was running out, unfort I never got to that & could only stare from afar to the primer being lost. Thought I'd clean the container out & use with some other ds foundations that are pump less but great, but the pump didn't twist open to even clean (or use!) the inside out. Such a shame! :O

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by heinebaby

bought this cause my sephora primer ran out. and i figured that i would try something a little bit cheaper. so far so good. does what it says and then some. i dont know why other people are having issues with it. if u apply it with a light hand and downwards so that it doesnt clog your pore. and of course waiting just a little bit for it to dry and then apply your foundation it would not be a problem. it is a bit expensive for a drugstore brand but still cheaper than sephora. mos def repruchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by CeliaMakeupAlley

I recently repurchased this for the second time. I think it's more for helping keep your foundation on all day which it does. It lasts for a good amount of time and makes my foundation apply easier. If you want it to cover more I'd say buy the foundation in the series of "photoready" products so that the foundation is consistent with the base you put under it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by NoirAngelx

I've tried a number of primers this year, including Guerlain Meteorites Pearls primer, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Clarins Instant Smooth, Benefit Porefessional, etc. For reference I have oily skin with large pores around my nose and the center of my face. While all of the aforementioned primers were nice, none of them 'wowed' me like this one. This one is most similar to the Hourglass Mineral Veil, but $40 cheaper, performs better, and has a greater blurring effect over pores. I would not recommend for dry skin unless you use a good moisturizer underneath. I tend to favor this primer when using creamy, long-wearing foundations, such as CoverGirl Stay Fabulous, or MUFE Mat Velvet. It really gives that extra-polished look. For water-based, lightweight foundations, I like to use my Guerlain primer which gives a bit of a glow underneath. But for this price, you can't beat this primer for oily skin and large pores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by nc2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I generally trust Revlon, but it's mostly just okay. It goes on rather nicely and definitely evens out my skin, but I'm not convinced that it makes applying my foundation (Revlon colorstay with softflex) that much easier. I suppose it helps with longevity but I don't usually wear full makeup for more than a couple of hours so it's hard for me to say. Sometimes I wear it by itself to work (not allowed much makeup so it's a good way to improve my skin with a natural appearance) and it looks nice for most of the day.

Packaging is quite nice but if I don't use it for a couple of days, there's a big dried out bit at the top of the pump which is a waste because you can't use that. Also, this smells a bit funky but the smell goes away quickly.

In general I'd probably buy it again, but only until I find a better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Plopsiebear1

Having read the reviews I was sceptical but I am very pleased! Thought I would try it after bring disappointed with smashbox primers.

Very smoothing on the skin, and I can't smell anything, seems fine to me. I can also apply my foundation almost immediately after and reduces but does not eliminate my need for a powder after.

Doesn't cake on my face or feel heavy, you could wear it by itself, but I need foundation for coverage. You don't need very much, a few pumps is more than enough!

Bit pricey for what I consider to be a budget brand but I would definitely buy again!