September 16, 2014 | 1174 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lj9401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am super pale, and it is incredibly difficult for me to find foundations/BB creams that don't make me look orange. I walked into Sephora and asked the sales girl to show me the lightest BB cream in the store. At first, she swatched some Clinique options on my wrist, but those were way too orange-y. Then she showed me this BB cream in the shade Fair. It was perfect! It's slightly darker than my skin tone, but if I blend it out well onto my neck, it gives me a nice natural looking glow that's perfect for summer. It gives my skin a nice dewy finish without making me look like a grease ball. My skin actually shows through, and I don't look like a white sheet. I typically just put some translucent powder on my T-zone and this BB cream will last me all day! It's a bit pricey, but it offers good coverage and I only need to use about a half-dime size worth to cover my entire face. I will definitely be repurchasing this, probably forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great BB cream for the summertime. The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is way to greasy for me for the summer months so this product is a great alternative. I like to keep my makeup very light in the summer and this BB cream delivers some SPF and a nice matte finish. No shiny T-Zone! It's a BB cream so it is less coverage than a tinted moisturizer - but it preps my skin for under-eye concealor, a light dusting of bronzer and blush. Actually, my make up lasts a long time with this BB cream! The only beef I have is the price ($50 for a small tube).

Well done, Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ycust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on my research, this was a most recommended BB cream for oily skin, so I bought Medium color. I'm between NC35 and NC37 and it looked medium was perfect match. In fact, this medium was darker than other's medium; however, once I spreaded it on my face, OMG I looked like a ghost or zombie. I had to use bronzer as face powder to match my skin tone. I know now that I need to mix Dark with Medium during the summer.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream had thick texture and matte coverage than I expected, but it was not sticky. It lasted for a long time controlling oily T zone as advertise said. My face didn't get shiny all night and I got a picture to prove it, so it worked to serve my purpose.

I will continue to use it when I go somewhere, but I'm glad that I bought it in a small travel size. Would I buy again? I don't know...since I'm new to BB/CC cream, I think I will try one from Korea or Japan before I decide; however, I would never spend $40-50 for any BB creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is an okay bb cream but it does not give much coverage and it attaches heavily to any dry patches on the skin so it accentuate imperfections. That is not a good look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

Impressive coverage, good array of shades and does absorb oil. I did love this product until I stopped using it for a few weeks and my acne cleared. I thought my troublesome skin was due to a new birth control method. My derm told me not to use products with dimethicone (a form of silicone) in the top 3 ingredients because it can be very aggravating for acne prone skin. Dimethicone is the second ingredient in this. This product is probably wonderful for people not prone to acne but it you are, steering clear of high concentrations of silicone in products may help you avoid breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LoryM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the positive reviews, I just had to buy it! Unfortunately, this product isn't for me. I have very oily skin, and this BB cream does nothing to control my oil. The other thing that I don't like is it has virtually no coverage, and just makes my skin look shiny. Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream for oily skin is a much better fit for me... a much cheaper!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by LifeOnCloud8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant to try another BB Cream, after bad experiences with drugstore formulas and tinted moisturizers, but Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream changed my mind!

It took a while to get used to the product and how to apply it. The product is quite thick and does not spread easily; As such, I initially used much more than was necessary, which resulted in it looking a caked on and unnatural - not what you want from a BB cream! However, I eventually learned to use a much smaller amount and apply it in dots on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. From there, I just quickly blend it in before it sets. The result? A wonderfully even and smooth skin-tone without the appearance of wearing makeup! And the finish is perfect for warmer climates! Even in the heat and humidity, my face stays almost perfectly matter throughout the day, with an occasional blotting here and there.

I can't rave enough about this product! For someone who likes a light to medium coverage without looking "made up", this product is perfect... and being able apply my makeup and sun protection all in one step makes it my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by jhylton4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product if you're looking for something lightweight and natural. I don't even have to set this with a powder and it lasts all day. I'm an nc50 and this is a perfect match, however I must say that the price is a bit much. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gtwc

I picked this up at Sephora after reading reviews about it online. I was skeptical about a product that 'does it all' and was actually expecting to break out like I have with other moisturizers and bb creams that were too rich for my skin. THIS WAS AWESOME! I am using the light/medium shade which matches my skin perfectly. It evens the skin but doesn't cover actual acne. I am always on the run (hectic schedule) and dont usually spend too long on my make up (love anything that is no fuss and quick!), I usually slap it on and use a bit of pressed powder just to hold it in place. It is really hot where I live so I was happy that this product was able to hold up in the heat and I didn't have to stress out about being oily or having the product slide off during the day. Did not make me break out at all, seems to control oil better than any other bb cream I have tried. You don't get that 'foundation-y' feel on your face and i think my skin is able to breathe through this. On extremely 'tired' days, i use a little concealer under my eyes but this product pretty much takes care of the rest. The only downside is that it is a little steep for the price and you don't get a lot in the little tube. Beautiful product, would not use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by judyee

This was my first high end beauty purchase and I did extensive research on the product to ensure that it would truly benefit my skin. I know that the product is a little on the expensive side (and when I mean a little, I mean a lot!). It also has a limited amount of color selection but the color really conforms to your skin. The product absolutely makes your skin glow! I love the coverage, it's medium to full coverage. It makes your skin look flawless and is definitely worth the price. When ever I use this product my skin looks amazing when I take it off. It doesn't make me break out too. Whenever I try a product and it makes me breakout I end up going back to this to cover the the acne up, and whenever I take it off at the end of the day, my skin looks absolutely beautiful and the acne actually begins to clear up! I am surprised that my acne actually clears up a bit when I use the product! Although it says it doesn't clear up acne, it does! I am in love with this product and although it is expensive I recommend this product to anyone and everyone! You may have acne-prone skin, sensitive, dry or oily skin but with this product your skin will took flawless!