December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I received this foundation and the Cover Girl & Olay Pressed Powder as part of a recent BzzAgent trial. I've read some of the reviews and hope people will first sort by their skin type and/or tone, otherwise products can be so subjective based on your skin type.

I have dry/combo skin--very dry under-eyes and cheeks, normal to oily in the t-zone. I find it's best for me to wear something that suits my dryer skin and then use powder or blot papers on my t-zone to tamp down any shine, as needed.

This foundation really surprised me with a lot of positive qualities to recommend it, especially as I don't typically wear drugstore foundations. Following are my thoughts broken down by Pros/Cons.

Pros:

Packaging: Love! This comes in a cylindrical, light-weight plastic bottle with an easy-to-control pump...perfect for travel, won't spill, truly hygienic and dispenses as much or as little product as you want. I wish all my foundations came in similar packaging!

Colour: While the colour Buff Beige was a hair too light for me, [I'm about NC 20-25, Armani LSF in #5] I think it's a somewhat forgiving, flexible base that could probably work for a variety of skin tones in the lighter warm/neutral range. It stayed nicely in believable skin tone territory--didn't pull too pink or too yellow like many drugstore foundations can.

Texture: Easily blendable and smooth with fingers and/or a variety of brushes. My favourite being a slightly damp BeautyBlender sponge. I didn't experience any separation or oxidizing with this. The colour went on smoothly and stayed true.

Finish: Probably both a pro and a con for me. Although my dryer/combo skin liked the not-too-matte, not-too-greasy finish, I prefer an undetectable foundation that's sheerer than medium in coverage. I expected this to have more of a tinted moisturizer look to it based on the inclusion of serum, but it was more medium/full-coverage on me. I could tell I had foundation on--something I'm not used to or fond of. The finish has a slight sheen to it, hard to describe but almost a low-wattage metallic glow that on my pretty good skin read more obvious than luminous.

Wear: I never use long-lasting foundations as they don't work with my dryer skin type. For me this had average wear, it faded evenly to a more natural finish as the day wore on.

Cons:

Scent: I'd rather any face product be fragrance-free. The scent isn't unpleasant and doesn't linger after application but it's there and noticeable when you open the bottle and apply this.

Lack of Sunscreen: Although I own several foundations that don't include sunscreen and I'd never rely on the sunscreen in foundation alone, ideally any anti-aging base should have some sun protection. This one doesn't.

Overall I think this is strong contender for a drugstore foundation, probably best suited to someone with normal/dry or normal/dry/combo skin looking for a solid medium coverage and slight sheen.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this product as a BzzAgent to review. The color I chose was buff beige. I wear Kevyn Acouin SX05, Ocean Mist Cosmetics Shell, & Revlon Photoready Nude for comparison. This color matched my skin tone very well.
Application with my fingers was streaky and a lot of product was needed to get good coverage since I have very pink cheeks. I also applied with my stippling brush. This way worked MUCH better. Only one pump was used for nice, medium coverage. It blended well.
As the day progressed, The foundation began to wear off and pool into the larger pores on my cheeks, leaving my with a slightly spotted look. Not pretty. I have oily skin which probably does not help. By the end of the day, my cheeks had no makeup (from constant blotting) and there was little left anywhere else on my face. People with normal or dry skin may not have this issue.
Since I was doing a review in this foundation, I wore it daily for 2 weeks. I use a primer, which may have helped lasting power only slightly. I also ended up taking the foundation and corresponding powder to work for touch ups. After two weeks, I had to stop. I rarely have issues with acne since I have a good skin care routine, but this product has really caused me to break out badly. I will not purchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

It has a nice shade selection, and I picked "tawny"; I have to admit I'm impressed by how well it blends with my skin tone (I can be jaded about drugstore shades and how hard it is to match to my skin tone). It's a light/light-medium coverage, and since I have combo/oily skin and this has a serum in it I don't need a moisturizer underneath.

My main thing, which is what a lot of people have already stated, is the oily factor in this. I can't complain because it doesn't say anything about combating oil as a purpose, but it really is a dealbreaker for me since halfway through the day my face gets way more shiny looking than I prefer (even when I put on oil absorbing powder as a finish afterwards). If I wear a moisturizer underneath it makes my face look dirty as well. Since I wear sunscreen everyday and this makes it hard for me to do that, it's a dealbreaker. However, winter is coming, so this may work for the months where the air is drier. Still though, I'd rather not rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cindybarjak

This is a wonderful foundation! Provides great coverage that doesn't settle into the fine lines around my 53 year old eyes! Pair it up with the Covergirl/Olay pressed powder and you're good to go for the day!

I spent a lot on department store brands in the past, but this is soooo much better and less of a drain on my pocketbook!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by allureveil

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have spent a fortune in the effort to find my HG foundation. First purchased a shade that was a little too light, but the texture and coverage was so wonderful that I went one shade darker (#132 Nude Beige), and gave the light shade to a fairer friend. Now I'm about to spend a lot of money buying quite a lot of the Nude Beige for fear it will be discontinued by the company without warning. I am over 60. This is the only -- repeat, the ONLY -- foundation that does not emphasize fine lines on my cheeks, below my eyes, etc., and leaves no chalky residue, etc., etc. Well, we all know the flaws in most foundations. For me, this has none. It goes on smoothly, a tiny bit goes a very long way, and it has very, very good staying power. Hope it works for you, too.
Update: This is still my HG, and I switch from Nude Beige and Medium Beige.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by SHuck

I had the opportunity to try this product as a BzzAgent. I normally prefer to use powder foundation, specifically MAC Studio Fix, mainly because I can apply it easily in my usual morning rush. However, I was actually quite impressed with this product. I like the pump packaging, makes it very easy to not use too much and it is hygenic. I also find this foundation gives me natural coverage, not too heavy, which is just what I like. The foundation matches my skin tone perfectly as well. The one downside for me is that this does not work well to control shine, as I have combo/oily skin, though shine control is not something this product claims as a benefit. The price is quite reasonable, considering I feel it performs at the same level as much higher priced liquid foundations. I also feel this lasts through the day just as well as any other expensive foundation I have used. Overall, this foundation performed considerably better than I expected. I would repurchase, though I see myself using this more for special occasion when I want a bit more polished look rather than day to day work/running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ssbeauty93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells wonderful, i get pretty good coverage, then again my skin is not horrible. i have oily skin. and this did add to it. Not heavy, looks natural. I would purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by tlscalif

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pretty expensive, but I wanted to try it. I loved it enough to keep buying it, even if it's $20!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SandiPop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
-Goes on nicely
-Pump
-Smells good

Cons:
-Terribly oily
-Makes me look shiny
-Made me pink pink pink!
-No Coverage

This has been the biggest disappointment of foundation I've ever had. It looked fantastic on my hand, and completely different on my face. It has no coverage, and just tinted everything on my face (even my few acne scars!). I have relatively clear skin with one or two pimples and a couple of acne scars, and this just wasn't any help. It also made me feel like a constant source of oil - not fun.

I rated this 1 because it smells good - I really enjoy the floral scent, although this may irritate some people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree when people say that when swatched on the hand it looks amazing ut different when worn on the face. The coverage is medium buildable and does give a dewy radiant finish. I'm combination/oily and after a few hours, my face turned into an oil slick, even though I set it with powder. The color is great GOLDEN TAN, pump bottle is fantastic and one pump is way more than you need for full face. I won't repurchase due to it turning too oily and clamy on the skin but would recommend to someone with dry skin.