July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by SHuck

I had the opportunity to try this product as a BzzAgent. I normally prefer to use powder foundation, specifically MAC Studio Fix, mainly because I can apply it easily in my usual morning rush. However, I was actually quite impressed with this product. I like the pump packaging, makes it very easy to not use too much and it is hygenic. I also find this foundation gives me natural coverage, not too heavy, which is just what I like. The foundation matches my skin tone perfectly as well. The one downside for me is that this does not work well to control shine, as I have combo/oily skin, though shine control is not something this product claims as a benefit. The price is quite reasonable, considering I feel it performs at the same level as much higher priced liquid foundations. I also feel this lasts through the day just as well as any other expensive foundation I have used. Overall, this foundation performed considerably better than I expected. I would repurchase, though I see myself using this more for special occasion when I want a bit more polished look rather than day to day work/running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ssbeauty93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells wonderful, i get pretty good coverage, then again my skin is not horrible. i have oily skin. and this did add to it. Not heavy, looks natural. I would purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by tlscalif

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pretty expensive, but I wanted to try it. I loved it enough to keep buying it, even if it's $20!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SandiPop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
-Goes on nicely
-Pump
-Smells good

Cons:
-Terribly oily
-Makes me look shiny
-Made me pink pink pink!
-No Coverage

This has been the biggest disappointment of foundation I've ever had. It looked fantastic on my hand, and completely different on my face. It has no coverage, and just tinted everything on my face (even my few acne scars!). I have relatively clear skin with one or two pimples and a couple of acne scars, and this just wasn't any help. It also made me feel like a constant source of oil - not fun.

I rated this 1 because it smells good - I really enjoy the floral scent, although this may irritate some people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree when people say that when swatched on the hand it looks amazing ut different when worn on the face. The coverage is medium buildable and does give a dewy radiant finish. I'm combination/oily and after a few hours, my face turned into an oil slick, even though I set it with powder. The color is great GOLDEN TAN, pump bottle is fantastic and one pump is way more than you need for full face. I won't repurchase due to it turning too oily and clamy on the skin but would recommend to someone with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love olay products and covergirl too, and I really enjoyed the covergirl and olay simply ageless cream foundation in the little twist pot, but this for me was just terrible. My girlfriend and i were makeup shopping together and when we swatched this on the back of our hands it seemed AMAZING. It was creamy, smooth, highly pigmented for what appeared to be full coverage, and i had to buy it. I think I paid around 13-15 dollars for it which is probably the most expensive drugstore foundation I ever bought. When I applied it to my face - it was nothing like the swatch on my hand. It applied quite greasy, and had an extremely strong floral scent that gives me a headache. The coverage was NOT impressive at all. I am only 19 years old so i have no wrinkles or fine lines, i don't have much to cover at all - and still this product was just a huge disappointment for me. I have dry skin and this was super oily/greasy on me even when I set it with a powder. I'd love to wear it just to get through the bottle because it was quite expensive, but i just can't reach for it anymore, its not good and turns my face into a grease pot. My friend who bought it as well (shes one year older than me, 20) she didn't like it either. It didn't live up to my expectations. I like the packaging though and the fact that it comes with a pump, but other than that, the product itself isn't for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been trying to love this product for months now, but alas I have failed. It goes on so smooth and creamy and matches my skin so well, it's hard to not like it. With Olay inside and all the benefits of serum I wanted to love this.
The problem I have continuously run into with it has been oily skin. I have normal skin, it is not dry nor oily all summer and into autumn. Winter and spring it is a little dry on the cheeks, but mostly from the air and I moisturize a lot. This foundation turn my face into a huge oil-slick, lol. Especially in the summer! two hours after I apply it, it is shining and I mean shining. I could get a good reflection off my face with how shiny it gets with this. It feels greasy and uncomfortable when it starts getting this oily and I get annoyed.
Recently I tried putting bare essentials Mineral Veil over it to set it and that seems to help, but again, after a few more hours it becomes oily. This foundation seems to be aimed at very dry skin/mature skin, which is fine, so I wont be purchasing it again. The one I have still I will use in the winter when my cheeks are dry from the wind, otherwise its in my drawer til then.

Edit*** I started using this in winter now and I love it. Its very hydrating and makes my skin look dewy almost. I am editing the rating because I think this is a winter foundation for me. I can rely on this when my skin is very dry to look natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this quite by accident. The walgreens SA has a big box of testers for just about every product and while looking for something else I spotted this in the box and swatched it on the back of my hand. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful finish but knew I'd need to try it on my face for a real result. I bought it. Tried it. LOVE IT! I'm incredibly hard to match (somewhere between NW30/35 but found the perfect shade in "soft honey". I waited a couple weeks to review this because I see quite a few reviewers liked it at first but fell out of love with it. I'm more enamored of this foundation the more I wear it! For reference my skin is mature with a few fine lines around my eyes and some unevenness, from my early days in the sun, and smallish pores. But for the most part my skin is looking pretty good....knock on wood. This foundation evens everything out and leaves the most believable dewy finish while still looking a little matte...not overly, though. It can be sheered out for minimal coverage but even with my heavy hand it looks natural. The finish lasts all day if I set it with a little powder. I alternate between Maybelline's age rewind perfecter and ELF's HD powder. I get a perfect finish with either one. This is heavily fragranced but it's a pleasant smell. I'm typically sensitive to fragrance but this one doesn't bother me at all. The first day i wore this my 21 year old daughter raved about my skin and said i was "glowing and radiant". This is a really great foundation if you're in the market for one and want to try something else. It's my new HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and was really disappointed. It smells heavily like green tea perfume. It was moisturizing and when I applied it, it looked great and matched my skin tone perfectly. But within an hour, the color changed and it turned orangy and blotchy looking.
Totally horrible and bad quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lindsayalexander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really loved this product right off the bat. Good coverage, worked perfect on my super dry skin... unfortunately, after a month of using it, I've determined that the little red bumps under my eyes are being caused by this makeup. And so, I'm tossing it in the trash. I've never had an allergic reaction to foundation before, so I really wonder what's in it.

The pros about this product: smells great, goes on smooth, hydrating, good coverage, covers fine lines, etc etc.

The cons: can't use it if I'm allergic to it!!! wth.