Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/9/2013 9:28:00 AM

After seeing a youtube review on this product, I decided to try it out. Unlike a lot of reviewers, I actually like this product because I do find it to be Matte, or maybe not matte, but very natural looking. Perhaps it is the shade I buy (Shell), but I am not noticing any glitter or illuminating properties at all.

As for coverage - it builds well. I find if I am going to work or just out for the day I will apply a single layer, but for night time I will build another layer for extra coverage. It doesn't feel too heavy, which is a major plus for me.

I like the mousse consistency - I feel like I'm applying a lotion vs. a foundaction, and it spreads and blends easily.

I also use Revlon ColourStay, but find that it really clogs pores and can feel too heavy (although it does provide a very nice overall "look"). Revlon Airbrush Mousse does not clog my pores at all, but I still find it stays put fairly well even given my oily / combination skin.

Again, I don't think other reviewers are lying about their experiences, I really think it may have to do with the shade I have.

Good luck!

on 2/2/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wear NC15 in MAC but could wear something lighter if they made it! So I was at the store and saw the Revlon display, the lightest Airbrush Mousse makeup looked like it might work. Kmart will not let you return opened makeup, that's probably why all their stock is opened and tested....and I took advantage of that. I tested the lightest and the next lightest, on the inside of my arm. (The pump was a mess, it looked like this stuff just ran out with a little bit of foam) One looked like a total match, until I got outside and saw---the glitter.
GLITTER. What in the holy hell does glitter have to do with anything? It doesn't even advertise itself as 'illuminating'. If I had put this on my face and walked into daylight looking like a craft project, I would have been SO MAD!! You can't even see the glitter in the store---!! WTH REVLON!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and while I'm griping about it, this stuff smelled like dirty pantyhose. So there.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After over 6 months of using this product, I am finally ready to write a review! I was so excited for this to come out, because I so enjoyed the regular liquid form of this that I tried everything to make this work for my combo/oily skin. I am NC10/15 and the lightest shade worked perfectly. The best outcome, for me, with this foundation is to layer a light powder foundation over top of it. This method allows for fuller coverage, lets the luminosity of the foundation show through without being sparkly and helps keep it from sliding off my face so quickly. These are the following conclusions I've reached so far;

If you are looking for something heavy/medium coverage, this is not for you. I get 2-3 zits a month (give or take 1 or 2) and this does hardly anything to cover them or mask any residual redness from blemishes. It doesn't cover the pink around my nose or help with the very light circles under my eyes. I still need concealer and/ or powder foundation over top.

If you do not set with a mattifying powder or top with a powder foundation, you will sparkle like a pretty (or not so...) little glitter pony.

It is not long lasting on someone with combo to oily skin. It slid off my face and pooled in certain places (around my nostrils and in my laugh lines). It also somewhat magnifies any pores or flakes you may have on your face. I find that exfoliating really well helps with this.

The packaging stinks. The dispenser on mine broke really easily and was very messy.

I do wear this occasionally with a powder foundation over the top of it and it looks lovely. My skin looks perfect and glowy with that application. Most of the time, I can't be bothered with the extra effort it takes to make this foundation work though. I am giving this product a 3 out of 5 because I like it when I can take my time with it but I would not repurchase because I'm hoping that something better comes along.

on 1/11/2013 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

At first I was so excited about this foundation because they come in an array of shades that your bound to find yours. And I did.

Pros
Lots of shades to choose from so high chance you find your shade match
Can build-on coverage
With a sponge it goes on like a dream - flawless really
Light

Cons
Expensive for a drugstore brand - $42(NZ)
Sparkles in light a bit (definitely not very subtle)
Really hard to control amount pumped(pump more than you need)
Mousse is foamy and its hard to estimate how much is really there whether its air bubbles or foundation mounds.
Smells rank

I only say I would buy it again because when it comes down to it the coverage is great especially for night outs where a little sparkle never hurt. And it's my sure shade match.

on 1/8/2013 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The other day, I looked at myself in the car just as the sun hit my face, and I looked just like Edward Cullen sparkling like an idiot in the Twilight movies.

If you want a MATTE foundation, this is NOT for you. I had seen on MUA reviews that the sparkles were rather large and plentiful but got drawn in by the foam marketing, and a desire to try something other than Colorstay, which is impossible to remove at the end of the day.

PROs:
-Gives a nice, even finish when applied with a sponge
-Lots of color choices to choose from, with plenty of yellow-based ones for me!

CONs:
-sparkles. Some may like the effect. My husband said he really liked the look, but all I could see in the mirror were big, flashy sparkles saying, "HEY, look at my make-up!!!"
-lasting power is so-so
-expensive for a drugstore brand. In Canada, Revlon foundations can cost as much as $20 a bottle!

This product is just average and all gimmicky. I would just stay with my HG colorstay overall.

on 1/2/2013 11:25:00 AM

I bought this because I like Revlon's regular PhotoReady liquid foundation. I also like other foundations by Revlon so I thought this would be good too. However, it did not work out for me at all. My skin is oily on my nose and chin and fairly dry everywhere else. First off, the smell of this foundation is strange and unpleasant. Although that alone would not discourage me from buying a foundation, it certainly did not help. The consistency is light and foamy which feels nice on my face but wears off quickly. The first hour of wear, it looked great but after that it started wearing off in the most unflattering way I've ever seen. It made my face look patchy, greasy, and blotchy, I used Maybelline Age Rewind pressed power over top and it still made my skin look like a grease pit. In about 45 minutes all the foundation had come off my nose, in an hour and 30 minutes, it was off my chin and by 3 hours later I had no foundation on my face at all except for in the creases around my nose and the lines under my eyes. Yuck. I gave this two stars - one for the light feeling on my face (not cakey) and one for the shade Vanilla which matches my skin perfectly. Will not buy again.

Being in Australia this foundation had cost me $40 from Priceline. I see others in the USA buy this for as little as $10 and if girls in Aussie are reading this please dont waste your money.

It has too much shimmer, turns out orange after 30minutes of applying.

Only good for women with dry skin as it leaves my skin oily (which I hate).

It has no pump so when you squeeze it out it gets messy. You have no control over how much mousse comes out of the bottle and I just feel that its pathetic its $40 here.

The colour section is not that great so I switched to Revlon Photoready Liquid foundation and found that best for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Works well for my oily skin as long as I set it with a translucent powder, although some sheen does come through around the 4 hour mark. It doesn't photograph as well as my Nars Sheer Glow though, so I'd definitely like Revlon to refine the formula some more. The little shimmers are not visible to the naked eye when applied, so no need to worry about that. Overall, this is the first drugstore foundation I've liked.

on 12/30/2012 1:59:00 AM

I'm quite surprised reading the negative reviews on this product. I actually really like this foundation. It worked great for me...I have combination skin and it gives me good coverage, makes my skin look 'airbrushed'...I dab dots all over my face and then use a flat top kabuki to blend it in and it blends quite nicely. It leaves a matte finish and makes my face look flawless. I would definitely recommend this foundation.

on 12/26/2012 6:00:00 PM

I can only think of one good thing to say about this product - it looks okay in photos.
The shade matches my skin pretty well but it turns grey after about 30 minutes on my face which is very unattractive. I find I have to mix this with BB cream just so it will still look some-what okay for the whole day.

The container leaks and clogs quickly, the smell is disgusting, and I find even with a thin layer it looks extremely piled on.
I do not recommend.