April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Love the color: a soft natural-looking mauve. The texture makes for uneven application at times but it can be smoothed out. I do recommend a liner--either colored or clear--to prevent it from bleeding off the lip into fine lines. It's not sticky or tacky, which is wonderful. Lips feel softer after wearing it. What would make this perfect would be adding some SPF to the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I like these butters - smooth feel and lovely color payoff when applied.

Sugar Plum is not different, although I do think this leans more towards a cool-toned plum-pink shade than an actual plum.

This lip butter is almost the exact color of my lips - so it's a go-to for me, as an easy finish, especially with grey or cool-toned metallic eye makeup.

I also love how as these butters fade, they leave a lipstain look, and they fade evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these lip butters. They feel like balm and they don't highlight dry lips

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging of this because it clicks into place and you know it won't uncap in your purse. The pigmentation is excellent but since it's emollient, don't expect it to last through eating or drinking. It doesn't feel cakey on your lips and if you're lips are slightly flaky, the formula won't highlight it as much as traditional lipsticks would.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I tried 5 shades of Lip Butter & found that Sugar Plum falls in the middle in terms of pigmentation, more than the lighter colors but not as much as the brighter/darker colors. I found that this true plum shade looks best when lightly applied, blotted w/a tissue & then applied lightly again; it entered garish old-lady territory when I applied too heavy a layer.

I only wish the formula was more moisturizing, especially considering it's a "lip butter" & supposedly contains all these hydrating ingredients. I expected it to be much more glossy & hydrating than it is. Also, be sure to exfoliate lips before applying, as the formula tends to settle into & gum up any dry skin - NOT an attractive look!

Bottom Line: I wouldn’t repurchase b/c I don’t think the color is anything special nor is the formula as hydrating as expected.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I suppose the pigmentation depends on how much you put on and what color your lips are to start with. on me this is a nice tinted lip balm with a raisin-y color stain.

would buy again. it's a nice everyday sort of thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, this color can be pretty strong in just a few swipes. I prefer less swipes for a more sheer look. It's not balmy in my opinion, and the color is a mauvey berry color with a hint of plum. When the lip butter wears off, it leaves behind a stain that lasts hours on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

When I wear this I get the berry bitten look on my lips. I really like it. Pigmentation is good and super moisturizing. Lasts for a good 2 hours, which is fine with me. You can't really expect long wear with something so moisturizing. Overall a very pretty berry color=)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I now understand the hype. These lip butters are so moisturizing, and give off the perfect amount of berry stained color! Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by CynthiaRae

Gorgeous color! The texture, color, wearability of this lip butter is perfect? Recommend