Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This palette is really my love/hate palette, and my least favorite out of the Naked palettes.
Well, the colors are lovely and do have good color payoff.
They would suit many people, and many people would love them.
But they just don't do it for me. As a pale girl with green eyes and black hair, these shades just don't really go with anything. There aren't enough mattes to do an entire makeup look with.
Sure, the packaging is hard and will be perfect for travel. And some will love this palette. Just make sure to try it out for yourself before purchasing it, since it's one of my palette regrets.

on 6/5/2014 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This palette is holy grail! These shadows are so creamy and beautiful. They last forever! Is there fallout? Sure. I just tap off my brush and clean up afterwards or do my eyes first before makeup. Here are a rundown of the colors..
Foxy is a yellow based matte color great for base
Half baked is a beautiful gold glitter. Lovely to add warmth to a look
Bootycall is a pink based shimmer I mix with foxy and put all over
Chopper is just blah for me. Too orange for my skin tone
Tease is the most gorgeous matte purply brown mauve shade. Great crease color
Snakebite is a nice shimmery brown color. Good crease
Suspect is a wonderful light gold color.. Soooo pretty
Pistol is a greenish grey color.. Doesn't suit me
Verve is a gorgeous oyster color. Too cool on its own but gorgeous warmed up with tease
Ydk is a glitter pinky brown. A good bit of glitter
Busted is a dark brown similar to hustle. Has a slight reddish undertone
Blackout is a matte true black

My favorite combos are foxy Bootycall and tease in crease
Suspect and verve mixed together with tease or snakebite in crease
Ydk all over lid, busted in crease

This pallete is so amazing. I love to pair it with the naked original. The only two colors I'm not crazy about are chopper and pistol. Both are usable for me in moderation. I will never be without this palette. I'm in love.

on 6/2/2014 7:35:00 AM

I love this! The colors are extremely pigmented, especially if you use a prime beforehand. They are so versatile as well, you can easily take them from day to night. I love every color on there, and the brush that comes with it is pretty good too. Definitely recommend this for anyone! Love it.

on 5/18/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No complaints at all, it's my fave of all three. I use tuapey shades a lot so I knew I'd be drawn to it. The liners are long lasting. I fall asleep with my makeup on sometimes and my eyeshadow looks practically identical. Large mirror, brush included, and eyeliner since the black shade works as a black powder liner that I use anyway. I just got back from a mini vacation and it was all I took with me, great buy.

on 5/13/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok so... I completely changed my opinion about this palette and i'm gonna tell you why:
I bought it and first, i HATED this palette.
I'm NC35, C4.... And when i used the e/s, for like a month, all it transfered for my skin was the sheen, the glitter part. And very light. The colors didn't pop...

I HATED, UNTIL THE DAY THAT AN ANGEL FROM THIS FORUM TOLD ME THIS:

Try to rub several layers off from the e/s with a tissue, then you'll see the color. I had the same problem.

AND THAT WAS IT!
It totally worked for me, and i can't see my makeup without this palette anymore.
I think that this is something that they should improve, because how can someone guess that after a month of using, i still had to rub it to make the e/s color pop?

But even though this palette is amazing!!!!!! This was hate at first sight and then i fell in love!!!!!

Totally recommend, and don't forget: If you tried for eveeerrrr and the e/s color didn't pop in your naked palette, rub it with a tissue!

on 5/6/2014 7:53:00 AM

Naked 2 Palette... Naked 2 Palette... Naked 2 Palette!

Everywhere I turned I seemed to hear this being said on youtube like a year or two ago. Finally got around to buying it and now I know why everyone talked so highly of this product!

The colours are a mixture of matte and shimmer.
All in the natural colour selection so it can suit anyone!
Hardly any fall-out!
The colour looks amazing! (especially with the urban decay eyeshadow primer)
The brush works wonders!
And the packaging is simple and good quality, nothing moves in this case!
I have had this palette for over a year now and I have not seen pan yet (dont know what that says about me)

For something that is great quality and you are wanting to start with neutrals, I SUGGEST this palette!

on 5/4/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this palette. I have had it for about 2 years, this is the only eye shadow that I use and I always like to put at least some shadow on my eyes however I have been trying to use my naked 3 since that came out. Anyway, I have only hit the base with one of the colors so it has lasted me a very long time so well worth the price. The colors I think are quite pigmented so there's no need to put a lot of product on your brush just make sure you're using a good brush. These shadows are all mainly shimmer except the highlight, black and a matte brown. I find that they stay put all day and night so there's no need for me to touch up. :)

on 4/29/2014 4:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a gift from an amazing friend. I truly believe I could trash almost every other shadow I own, and this would keep me covered. There are enough options, matte and shimmer, lights and darks, to accomplish almost any look. The colors are very pigmented, and glide on amazingly. Made sure you tap your brush before applying, or you will get fallout when applying. I use this palette nearly every. There is not a single color in Naked 2 that I haven't found a use for. I can even use Tease to fill in my brows, and Blackout makes a great liner. All of the colors are just beautiful, and would likely flatter almost all skin tones.

on 4/27/2014 2:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really love the colors in this palette. Very nice for a neutral look. My only complaint is that it includes a repeat of Half Baked from the original palette and there aren't enough mattes.

However, I don't know if it's just my palette but I've noticed a few of the eyeshadow pans falling out from the palette as if the glue used was really cheap or the material of the packaging can't hold the pans properly? Regardless it's annoying. I have to stay careful when I open the palette when one of the pans aren't secure and I have to remember to glue it back in, which is inconvenient. All of my other palettes don't have this problem so it's definitely this one. Otherwise it's a great palette, but since it can't stay still I wouldn't recommend taking this on a trip.

on 4/27/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The Naked 2 is definitivly a must-have, with alots of matte or glittery shades that let you create a natural, neutral to smokey eye makeup. The colors are amazing, my fav's : ''Chopper'' - ''Half-Baked'' - ''Tease'' - ''Snakebite''. But they ate soooooo fally!! It is thought a little expensive, but can be affordable for some.

Video Reviews & Tutorials