Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 2/2/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like this because of all the hype it gets on youtube, but it just creases on me after an hour. Maybe it depends on what kind of shade i got. I might go out and buy a different shade.

on 2/1/2015 3:32:00 AM

I wanted this to work so, so, so badly and it kinda does for about half an hour. Then it just sinks into my fine lines, creating a few that either weren't there to begin with or were previously so minute they were not visible to the naked eye on the way. In short, it gives me the under eyes of a 150 year old.

Contrary to other reviewers, I kinda liked the applicator. It's great for no fuss, quick and easy touch ups on the go and if i could somehow pry it open to replace the actual product with my HG concealer, I would. The little applicator blends the product in beautifully.

Coverage wise, and here's where it really goes downhill for me, it's okay... for about 5 minutes. And I'm not the type of girl that pops on a concealer, walks out of the house and expects it to not run off my face during the day. No. I'm meticulous with setting my under eye area with a powder (Ben Nye's fabulous powder's to be exact) and still, this product just didn't cut the cake. If anything, it made my dark circles even more noticeable which is a shame since the colour of this concealer really is beautiful.

on 1/31/2015 1:40:00 PM

Holy grail drugstore concealer .
Only concealer that doesnt crease or flake . Suppeerr blendable . Meduim coverage does cover dark circles completely tho but doesnt look thick like mac pro long wear does
Everyone should have this staple beauty item

on 1/26/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great concealer. It provides medium coverage. It covers dark circles really well, but doesn't work well as a concealer for blemishes, etc. If you need a FULL coverage concealer, keep looking!

on 1/24/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't like Maybelline very much but this was on sale and something drove me to buy it. I'm glad I did because I actually like this a lot. I have this in fair, which is actually too light and a bit pink on me so next time I think I'll go with light.

I know some people find the eraser unhygienic but I find it so convenient and I take comfort knowing that I use it purely for under the eyes and not to cover pimples and other blemishes. I find it interesting that some describe this as thick as I find it to be quite thin in texture and easy to layer and build up. I haven't used a concealer with this kind of texture before but I really like it. It isn't cakey, doesn't make my under eyes look flaky and dry, nor does it settle into fine lines. It is also easy to blend out with your fingers.

It covers under eye circles pretty well and although I don't use the brightener shade, I still find that it has a brightening quality. Out of all the concealers I have tried under the eyes, this creases the least.

on 1/23/2015 11:52:00 PM

I love this. I've owned three colors and for my NW20 the light works best. It's pretty thick and blends well. I don't care for the sponge part, a tube would work fine, but I was truly shocked by this concealer. It works just as well, if not better, than most high end ones I've used. I'm on my third one and am probably going to stick with it for awhile.

on 1/23/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite low end concealer and compares highly against many much more expensive alternatives. It is so creamy without being to thick and covers my dark circles so well without being too caked up. It is also great to cover spots and redness. The dispenser is a little bit gross, because it gets really dirty. Also the cap is something that gets lost easily and then the sponge can get dirty and ruin the concealer. But I really do like the sponge applicator because it glides the product on and feels really nice. The way you can see how much product you have used is really good and also the way the product is pulled up and then the rest is pushed down by the mechanism (if that makes sense) means no amount of concealer is wasted, its all used. No scraping the tube here or wondering how much there is to go!!! The only downside is that it doesn't last very long (for me anyway) and that's strange because there is a lot of product in the tube. But in a way its actually satisfying to see it go quickly (because its that good). Definitely a no brain buy, so cheap so good.

on 1/22/2015 5:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this concealer in medium, and its undertones are far too pink for my yellow based skin. The coverage is great as well as the packaging, but unless I find a better colour, this just doesn't work for me.

on 1/21/2015 8:14:00 PM

I really like this for my under eye circles! Of course it's not as good as MAC's, but I love the brightening one! It does seem to last pretty long. It's a bit thin but does a pretty good job for a drugstore concealer! I never tried the other colors because the brightening one is also good to highlight. I often use my MAC Pro longwear concealer first (NC15) first and then this one over it.

on 1/20/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really lives up to the hype! Beautiful texture (lightweight, SUPER blendable), long-lasting, non-irritating. The shade Light would better match my skintone (I am NC/NW20-ish), but I got this in the shade Fair because I really wanted a more pinky-toned, brightening effect. I have a pretty pigmented/purple undereye area, although thankfully my "circles" are only consigned to my inner eye. This is NOT a full coverage concealer and definitely doesn't cancel out my circles completely, but I almost like it better that way since it looks more natural. I usually apply it under my eyes and down my upper/inner cheeks a wider "V" shape, because it works well to counteract any redness there also. And needless to say, foundation blends beautifully on top of it, but even on "no makeup makeup" days it looks 100% natural on its own.

Re: the sponge applicator, I actually really like it, but I know it's not the most hygienic way of applying the product. I feel okay about using it because I ONLY use this product on my undereyes/tops of cheeks, where I don't get acne. (And I guess this isn't something intended for use on acned areas anyway, but if you're going that route, I'd put some on the back of my hand first. I know some people have removed the sponge entirely, but I think that would make a mess! :) I also don't feel like I'm losing any product to the sponge, because the click-up tube visibly delivers the product and shows how much there is left, which is SO much preferable than scraping the insides of a concealer tube with a wand.

Video Reviews & Tutorials