Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

I bought it the first time in Pink Truffle, I didn't love the color but Target was out of almost everything else and I was desperate to try it and see what the texture was like. It was nice but the color wasn't for me, so I gave it to my mom she loves it. I bought Creme Brulee and Sugar Frosting next and they are awesome!! I haven't worn lipstick since I first wore makeup in jr. high. I have always been a gloss and liner girl because lipstick it so drying and heavy. This lipstick is perfect amount of color with a teenie bit of shimmer/pearl and super easy and soft to wear. love them and wanna get Creamsicle and Cupcake next.

I originally bought this in Peach Parfait and really didn't like it much, the giant glitter in it was drying and it wasn't really peachy, more like pink on my highly pigmented lips. I decided to try buying some more in different shades and picked it up in Creme Brulee and Tuti Frutti (BOGO 50% at CVS so they came out to about $5 each). I LOVE the creme brulee as it is moisturizing and adds a hint of shimmery nude color (I'm a NC30-NC35). I really love layering it over tutti frutti for a beautiful peach color. Would buy again, but do wish they would re-design the packaging since they are kind of hard to open.

on 4/11/2012 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love this lip colour. At first I thought that it would be too dark a nude for my skin tone (I am very pale) but it actually looks lovely on me. I can't wait to see how it will look in the summer when I have a tan! I love the consistency of this lipstick, but I find the name to be inacurate because it is not moisturizing. However, I am still giving it a 5 because I love it as a lipstick, and it does not dry my lips out at all, but it just doesn't moisturize.

on 4/9/2012 10:04:00 AM

I like this. To be honest it's not what i thought it would be like when I saw it in the tube. It's paler and more glossy than I expected but I'm actually happy with it. It looks darker in the tube but when applied it's actually a lovely nude.There is nothing dramatic or show stopping about the creme brulee shade, just a nice daytime lipstick.Unlike some reviewers I don't find this glittery at all. Glossy yes, glittery no.I don't think this would be much good for very fair skin tones(some people do)As it might make you look washed out. We can all carry off different looks, I'm a dark brunette where as I can't carry off pale frosted pinks which I imagine would look great on blondes.

on 4/7/2012 9:17:00 AM

I love this lip butter and its quickly become one of my favourite lip colours to wear on a daily basis. It looks like a brown/beige in the tube but it turns out to be a perfect everyday nude colour.

I've been on what seems to be a never ending search to find a product that gives me the perfect nude lip as my lips are very pigmented (as in red!) so as you can imagine, not very many lipsticks and glosses show up on me, they just look clear without a layer of foundation over the top of my lips.

I bought MAC Myth lipstick thinking it would do the trick, it shows up but it looks horrible on me and gives that concealer lip look which I don't want. Creme Brule however is perfect and very pigmented and is what I have been looking for all along. I love these lip butters so much that I now have nearly all of the 14 shades available in the UK.

The lip butters are all very moisturising and also very pigmented and I would definitely recommend them and also purchase again.

WHY GLITTER!!!! WHY!?

It might not be moisturizing, but I'm fine with that... but the product kind of evaporates leaving only the stupid glitter which I think it dries the lips...

The colors are relatively pigmented, the smell is acceptable, but if you reapply it during the day, the glitter kind of exfoliates your lips... and maybe that's why it settles into lip lines and dries the lips etc..
(The same thing with colors PEACH PARFAIT and LOLLIPOP)

on 4/3/2012 12:45:00 PM

This thing dried my lips worse than winter itself! ive never gotten a bad reaction to any product like this lip product ...i mean serious cracking and driness!! what a waste!

on 4/2/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this a lot! Revlon has really upped their game over the last few years! I got this 40% off at Ulta and what a great deal! I thought it would be like one of those color lipbalm with no color. This actually has good pigmentation. Nice light peachy golden nude color. I would definitely be open to more colors when on sale again.

on 3/29/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Meh. Bought it on sale at SDM for $4. I'm in love with the formula, but I barely like the colour on me. It's so pale, it makes me look washed out. Then again, I've never really found my perfect nude- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm is the closest I've ever come. I'll finish this, but won't repurchase.

on 3/27/2012 7:43:00 AM

Am I the only one? I wanted to love this product. I tried it for 3 days and while the colour was nice enough and the consistency was ok, it did not smell of anything offensive - but I HATE the way it tastes after about 15 minutes. Plastic....burnt chemical plastic. Ugh. I had to toss it. I also got the L'Oreal Le Balm in Nourishing Nude and it is not much better, dries my lips out but at least does not taste like I licked a burnt margarine tub! ewwww.

Recommended for Medium Skin