October 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this. Not bad for a DS powder, but I have since moved on to MAC Blot powder which I like way better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lexilou712

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I've had this powder for quite some time now. This powder is fantastic but it would be so much better if N.Y.C. came out with some more SHADES! I've only seen one, two at the most different shades and both are for lighter skin tones. So this is a fairly light for me but I still use it for my under eyes sometimes and it works pretty well. As many have said, the packaging is very cheap but it still holds. Mine hasn't broken yet and neither has the powder. And if N.Y.C. changed the packaging to be a bit more cuter, added a few different shades, then this product would be fantastic!

Lexi

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I love this pressed powder compact! I dont use it to set my makeup but I keep it in my purse to touch up my nose if it starts to look shiny. I'm fair skinned so it works perfectly. It isnt competely translucent so it may not work the best on darker skin. I probably will never run out of this stuff but if I break it or loose it, I would totally rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, OK, yes, the packaging is extremely cheap, but what do you expect for $2.99? The CONTENTS of the package are what it's all about, and they are wonderful! Translucent is a perfect match for my PPP Ivory skin. Mattes my foundation out nicely without looking in the LEAST powdery and chalky, and sets concealer around my eyes invisibly. No coverage, but that is not the function of this product. I use a latex wedge for application and chuck the cheap sponge it comes with. Excellent bargain product. Will repurchase again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by susjs

If this worked half as well for me as it has for others, I'd be thrilled to recommend it at only 2.99 - unfortunately, this was a complete tosser. Others have already commented on the cheap packaging so I won't bother - except to say my expectations were managed by the price. My all-time favorite is MAC blot, in medium-dark. [It has little to no colour payoff and runs very light.] NYC pressed in Translucent wasn't in the same league as Blot - it sat on top of my skin leaving a dusty, white-ish powder finish that looked like I'd set my face with baby powder. Very unimpressive. I didn't wear it long enough to test for shine control because the finish was just so chalky and unattractive on me. Oh well, sorry to drag down the high ratings but I really can't find any redeeming qualities in this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw a review on youtube so i had to try it

It absorbs oil very nicely, and it doesnt leave me looking ashy like I thought translucent powder THIS LIGHT would have. I got this on sale at Rexall/Pharma plus in Canada for under $3

amazing yes i will continue to purchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by petitepoire

this stuff makes me ashamed for buying high end powders! first of all i have normal/combination skin. the only thing i use powder for is for blotting, mostly t-zone. and for $2.74+tax at Target, this stuff is a steal! i looked at the ingredients before i bought it because sometimes i'm paranoid about cheaper brand putting random crap and this powder has almost identical ingredients to MAC Blot Powder! for a fraction of the price! and the translucent is very similar to mac blot powder in light. to me the powder isn't totally translucent when you apply it with a sponge. you can kinda see a light cast on the skin but once it's settled, it's fine. you don't see it at all. i found that applying with a brush is the best. it didn't leave a cast at all. i haven't broken out from it yet. but i did find that when i first opened it, it smelled kinda like nail polish which was gross. but after i used it a few more times, the smell was gone. i think the smell was just on the top layer or from the packaging. it works really well at controlling oil. the sponge it comes with is crap. i tossed it. the compact it comes in is crap too. it's a folded over plastic compact. it doesn't have a hinge closure so i find that the sides don't completely meet when it's closed so the powder can potentially make a mess in your purse. so what i did was i depanned it and popped it into my empty stila powder compact. depanning it was a total pain! mostly because, most drug store brand powders don't have a hole on the bottom of the compact for you to pop the pan out. so i tried just flexing the plastic to try to pop it out(the compact plastic is a little flexible) but i just got frustrated with it so... this sounds a little crazy and like a lot of work just to depan, but i took a utility knife to the back of the compact. and cut off enough plastic to get to the pan and pop it out. overall, i would buy this again. it's soo cheap and does the same thing as the high end brands. and you can always depan it from the crappy compact.

EDIT: it tends to sit in lines and cake up. i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad forb $2 bucks. Amost as good as the expensive stuff! This powder will give you a slight cast and can't keep all the oilie away. At this point Mac's Blot Powder or LM are still my favorite powders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by gabbster123

is very good at controlling oil and very translucent. very plesant purchase will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works really well; better than what I expected. I put it over my foundation and it controls my oily skin for hours. I have tan skin and this does not make it look white or chalky, it just blends into the color of my foundation. I do not use the cheap sponge it comes with but I use a kabuki brush or a powder brush. This is such a great value; why buy more expensive brands when you don't have to.