August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by missdiordior

This is such a great eyeliner gel! It doesn't smuge at all, lasts very long and gives a nice finish.
I will definitely repurchase,though this bottle takes quite a while to finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MoniSams17

Because of all the lovely reviews on MUA I decided to buy this product today (along with the cute brush)... I am absolutely 100% satisfied with this purchase. Once I got home I had to try it out immediately and I found that it's very "sensitive" for lack of a better term, but not in a bad way. What I mean is that you don't really need to push hard or rub the brush into the liner to pick up the color. One soft touch and it's on.
It's so much easier to apply than liquid eyeliners, which I've been working on mastering for a good 3 years -_-. With Essence's gel liner I somewhat mastered it the first time I tried it, giving it even more brownie points from me.
Now let's talk about the product itself: It is such a rich, matte black that only takes one swipe on the eye to make an opaque black line, which is awesome. It's waterproof (I actually didn't know that until after I put it on. I wondered why it took a good scrubbing to get it off and then I actually read the container. I honestly that it was just gel magic at first.) Lastly, it's long lasting. With other liquid eyeliners when I would wing it out, the wing would fade within an hour or more (I have watery eyes), but with this the wing stays for hours on end, until you take it off basically.
I will definitely be repurchasing and since it's cheap that makes it even more easier to. I'm quite positive that Essence eyeliners will be the only ones I buy for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Black as can be. Creamy, smudge proof, water proof beautiful. This is one gel liner that blows absolutely every single one I have tried out of the water. It's dirt cheap too. There's not much to say about it except. GO BUY it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by herroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why? Why on earth does a company discontinue hg products? I really love this eyeliner and i used mac, bobbi brown etc.. this was the best. I am so sorry to hear this will be discontinued. I couldn't have a chance to buy backups :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by waasp

I've been using this for around two months now and the formula is great as ever, it hasn't dried out or anything and there's still heaps left. I have really oily eyelids, like y'all don't even know, so of course this doesn't stay on for me all day, not even with the too faced eye shadow primer. It's wet so I have to set it with eyeshadow or powder before and after I apply it but overall for the price and compared to other products that are triple it's price, it performs better in my opinion. So don't expect miracles if you have really oily eyelids (like me) and it'll start smudging around the third hour mark and give you panda eyes on a really hot Australian day but it's wearable on an every day basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always avoided eyeliners because I'm not able to put it properly. Midnight in Paris was on sale so I decided to buy it for a silly price. Wow - even without a proper brush, I managed to achieve wonderful line that stayed and stayed for hours. Midnight in Paris is really black and I'm longing to try the brown one, but I can't find it anywhere :( Amazing thing, would definitely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow!! I'm so glad to see the good reviews for this, because it deserves it! For the price it is seriously amazing!! SOOO black! I bought a $3 brush from an art store to apply, and it applies amazingly. I have yet to master the art of perfect looking eye liner though, but obviously this isn't to blame for my lack of skill. It's really creamy, and just applies so beautifully. It is the first gel liner I've bought, but I've tried the Maybelline one, and it is nowhere near as creamy or black. And I feel absolutely no need or temptation to buy the Bobbi Brown or Mac one, especially not at ridiculous Australian retain prices. The fact that this isn't overpriced is such a bonus, because even brands like Maybelline and Covergirl are overpriced in Australia (compared to US prices), so I'm impressed that Essence has been able to maintain reasonable prices here. Recommend this 100%.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Why oh why did i ever paid more that 3,99$ for a gel eyeliner??
This by FAR the best i've used. And I was a big fan of the MAC one.
Now this is a long wear eyeliner. I mean from 6 am to 10pm. No smudges, no fading, no nothing. I am an eyeliner girl, it's part of my everyday makeup routine. I prefer gels than pencils although you have to master the angled brush (and buy a good one, like MAC)
The winning recipe for a perfect cat-eye is gel + brush.
Anyway the texture of this gel is much more watery than MAC's. Do not plunge the brush into it, you will end up having to wipe most of it before continuing.
It dries quickly so if you made a mistake, do correct it ASAP otherwise, you might have to remove everything and start over.

But really, this is HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by blueista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new HG baby! I have super oily eyelids (it takes 4-5 full oil blotting films per day for my face) and had real big trouble after my skinfood choco eyeline jam was discontinued. I knew I need to find a substitutable one that has good staying power, don't smudge easily, and not too expensive. Then I came across many positive reviews of this essence gel eyeliner and decided to buy one in '01 : midnight in paris'. It is really everything I want :) better staying power than my old liner, and can easily wipe out with creamy remover. It does smudge only a little after my afternoon nap, which is acceptable since I drew inner lines also. Dirt cheap like about $5 in my country. Overall this one is highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

WOW. Hands down the BEST gel liner I have EVER used. I am a huge fan of M.A.C., and their gel liner is good -- I've used Make Up Forever's gel liner, Sephora, and e.l.f. All of those are meant to be completely waterproof, but they are not really. Especially the MUF. Anyway -- for $3.99, you get a ton of product, and Essence's gel is a lovely consistency, soft and smooth, and glides on effortlessly. So far I've only been able to get this in black, but it is a gorgeous black, very dark and pitch black. Doesn't smear or budge at all, but still removes fairly easily with waterproof eye make up remover. (I use Sephora's waterproof eye make up remover). Would definitely recommend and repurchase! :)