Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 6/16/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this! I got the Midnight in Paris color and it lasts all day on the upper lid, and longer than any other gel liner I've tried on the waterline. I doesn't smudge, is pigmented and cheap. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 6/8/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

AMAZING!!!!!! I do the top cat eyeliner look almost daily and have struggled finding a good brand. I must have gone through at least 6 different drugstore eyeliners in the past year. Some work the first few times and then the felt brush weakens or the product smudges on my face. I have tried elf, revlon, almay, NYC...the list goes on. They're not cheap either. My favorite line of makeup is MAC but my bank account was low and I didn't feel like paying $15 for a gel eyeliner alone, nevermind the brush. I asked a girl who's cateye always looks flawless what type she uses. She said gel essence in midnight in Paris. It was two dollars online, so I said why not try it! I ordered it from Ulta, along with a brush (fine liner brush by real techniques). The results are amazing, I'll never use anything else. It goes on really smooth and the brush gives you great control. This gel eyliner allows you to get really close to the lash line. I'm also a contact lens wearer and it does not sting or irritate me eyes. This does not smudge, and provides hous of wear and looks crisp. Some reviews said that it takes a while to set, but I did not experience this, it dried quickly, and was mess free. Most liquid eyeliner users know what a relief this is, it's the worst when you're in a rush and the product is not cooperating. It looks like tere is a lot of product in the little container. It is also vegan and cruelty free. I am in love!!!

on 6/6/2013 12:45:00 PM

OMG I really wanted to love this eyeliner after finding them in Watsons Singapore. I bought the Midnight in Paris, which wore so well in the humidity that is characteristic of Singapore.

However, at the same time, I also realised that my right eyebag was swollen! It seems to be an allergic reaction as this was the only new thing i had applied on my eye area.

OMG. It's weird that only my right eye reacted negatively. I'll see if it's possible to apply it when the swelling disappears. Will definitely update - i can't believe i'm allergic! I've never been allergic before to any cosmetic or facial product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty great gel liner. I have tried a few different gel liners, and this one is just as good as any of the better ones I have tried, but it costs much less. I have only used the black color of this liner, and I had it for about a year. The price is very affordable, and you really don't have to settle for a product that is lesser than any other gel liner. So why pay more? It comes in a little glass jar with a plastic lid. The packaging is very durable, and I never had a problem with it breaking, chipping, or coming undone in my purse. The reason that I would not repurchase this product is because of it's lasting power. I do not mean lasting power on the eyes, because it does stay all day. I am referring to it's lasting power in the jar. I have forgotten to put the lid on this liner maybe 3 times in a whole year. It didn't really affect this liner too much when I did so. However, the last three months or so of this year the liner has really changed. It is clumpy, impossible to work with, and is a very dull black. It is not the rich, deep color it once was. Nor is it creamy and soft anymore. I cannot even work with it any longer and apply it. I believe this is due to me having it for so long. I did use this almost every day, but I still have some left (which is usually a good thing!). I would prefer to find a gel liner that I can own for a long time without having to throw away the remainder of the product once the product gets too old. So, it's by no means a "bad" product. I am just looking for my HG gel liner, and want to try another gel liner first before I commit to this one forever. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone, so go for it!

on 5/26/2013 3:05:00 AM

This is an absolutely wonderful gel liner and for $3, everyone should try it! The black applies as a true matte black and the formula is very soft. Since the formula is a lot softer compared to similar products from L'oreal, Maybelline, and MAC, it does require a little longer time to fully set. In the beginning, I didn't like this at all because it would smudge all over the bottom of my eye. Once I started giving it some time to set (less than a minute), it stayed on beautifully. It does still smudge a little at the end of the day but it's minimal. The glass container is pretty sturdy and the lid closes tightly. I've had mine for months and it's still very soft. I like that it's cheap enough that I can just buy a replacement (for hygienic reasons) every few months and it's not a big deal.

on 5/20/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used many gel liners from low to high end and this stuff is ok.

It goes on nice & smooth and imo is very pigmented. My only tiny gripe is that I notice after a few hrs it tends to fade a lot!!

**Update**
After going through a few jars of this I notice it tends to dry out super fast!!!

on 5/19/2013 10:52:00 AM

I bought the black one (Midnight in Paris). I like the texture, it is really easy to apply! Also it is waterproof.
However I think it could be higher pigmented, because you need a thick line if you want it REALLY black. Also it needs some time until it is completely dry.

on 5/14/2013 6:46:00 AM

I love this product. It's cheap but it works great! It is long lasting and beautiful. In the future I will use it instead of expensive eyeliners.

on 5/11/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the only gel eyeliner I have tried, so I can't compare it to any others. It's cheap and works great. It lasts all night on the lids. I use it with an angled brush.

on 5/7/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I have been through my fair share of gel liners. I have bought MAC fluidline in black track, bobbi brown gel liner, the maybelline gel liners, etc., and I must confess that this gel liner is by far the best gel liner I have tried to date. It's long lasting, creamy, smooth, all the things that you look for in a gel liner! It goes on like a dream and I've had it for a good month and it still has not dried up on me.

Long story short, save your cash! (I've done the testing for you!)

Top Rated Essence Products