November 1, 2014 | 972 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by elisaleigh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi all,
I just love this foundation. My skin looks amazing and feels like it had nothing on it but then I have very dry skin so it may not suit everyone. I do use translucent powder with it but just on certain spots- forehead, nose etc.
The only thing I would say is that as a fair girl, the lightest shade number 10 is too dark for me! It's a great summer look when i have a bit of fake tan on (well moisturiser with fake tan in it) but when i don't have that on I use Sally Hansen Airbrush legs on my neck and decolletage in the lightest shade to match me up.
Wearing it on my wedding day in a few months.
Thanks pixiwoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lynnphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Vitalumiere is definitely geared for certain skin types, but on the right skin it is gorgeous. Best for dry to very dry skin, mature skin, maybe some fine lines. I have all of the above. I was a little nervous to try it, knowing that Chanel's shade range is very limited in darker shades (I'm an NC42 for reference). I went with the darkest shade they carried at Saks, #50 (Naturel) and found it to be an absolute perfect match - not too yellow and not too orange.

The best aspects of this foundation is how it doesn't set into fine lines, it feels weightless and it gives an amazing luminous glow. It does have a dewy finish, but I prefer dewy to a matte one.

I would say the one downside is that it doesn't feel like it's "set" once it's on - I presume it is due to how moisturizing it is, but I don't have an issue with it transferring to clothes, phone, whatever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by alley285

This is my HG foundation! It's so beautiful on my skin. It gives a really natural, healthy looking finish withous being too shiny or greasy. I need to set it with a powder (I use Chanel loose powder as Mac MSF looked awful combined with Vitalumiere on me) I think you need a quite good skin as the coverage is light (you can layer a bit but not too much). Overall a great product if you have normal/dry skin. Really recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by 2012makeuplover

Great foundation for winter! A bit too heavy for summer day time, might work during summer evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by coldnorth53

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation! I've had very dry, sensitive skin with ezcema my whole life, and some products will cause itching and rash. I ordered this after seeing the Pixiwoo girls reccomending it for dry skin. It feels very light on my face. I hate that tight feeling I get when wearing foundation, but this does not have that feeling. I don't get much of a dewey look, but I think it's because my skin is so dry and I live in a very dry climate as well. I will have to see how this holds up in the high humidity when I travel this summer.
Overall this is a good foundation for me. The colour I have is a little dark on me (30 Cendre) , but I just bring it down my neck. Revlon Colourstay in Sand beige is perhaps a better match. My teenage daughter loves Vitalumiere on me and says I look like I"m in my 20's! I don't know about that, and I probably will try other foundations, but I will re-purchase this one when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I shelled out for a HE foundation... this cost the equivalent of $86 USD in Australia. VERY EXPENSIVE!!

I am disappointed. I have colour 30 Cendre, which was recommended to me by the Chanel SA... but it is way too dark. It goes on very yellowy/orangey and then oxidises to an even darker shade of orange.

Further... no foundation, in the history of all my foundations (I have about 40!) has made me SO OILY. I mean, I put it on, I look orange but flawless for about 15 mins, and then literally, as it gets comfortable on my skin, the flawless look vanishes, and BAM... OIL SLICK.

I do have oily skin, but it's not the most shocking oily skin ever. And it's winter... I don't normally have such oily skin in Winter... but this makes my skin worse than i've ever had in Summer. When I wash it off, my face feels like it has a coat of oil on it.

No amount of powdering offsets this?! I powder... 5 mins later, OIL. I powder again... 5 mins later, OIL.

The only way I managed to make this work is mix it with a paler, less oily foundation. I don't feel that for $86 I should have to mix this with ANYTHING to make it 'work'. It should just 'work'.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by asiyah0408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I actually do! My dry skin adores vitalumiere as it is extremely nourishing!
But the coverage is extremely sheer, girls with faded acne and blemish marks, please try the pro-lumiere!
I currently still suffer from breakouts, especially around my chin, therefore i need a foundation with heavier coverage in order to hide everything!
This foundation is buildable, however it had the tendency of looking more 'fake'
I feel Chanel is a brand every girl needs to try once in her life, hopefully you may never look back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ChocoCat26

I've been using Vitalumière for 4 months now after watching the pixiwoo girls (love their tutorials, check them out on youtube!) rave about this foundation again and again. They were quite right: the best foundation I ever tried. Used Mat Lumière before - still like it but Vitalumière is even better: offers light coverage, is easy to blend and can be applied with fingers, sponge or makeup-brush equally well. The finish is natural, almost airbrushed, like your skin - just a little bit better. Does not break me out (many makeups do), does not dry out my skin and leaves me looking done but not dolled up. Can be a bit shiny, so if you prefer a more mat look you would have to use powder over it. Comes in a glass jar (not very practical). The colour range is not overwhelming but their lightest shade is a pretty good match for a pale Middle-European girl like me. As it's quite expensive (approx. 42 Euros) I woud get a sample before buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This wasn't a great foundation on me - it gave awful coverage, and slid off immediately, and usually I worship a lot of the Chanel products. However, I can see that this would be a lovely foundation on somebody older, perhaps middle age + who's skin is beginning to dry out and show the effects of aging. It is very moisturising, maybe a bit oily, but it would finish naturally on somebody with dry skin with light-medium coverage - not slide off like it did to me. I can see how it would look dewy and youthful, but that isn't the type of foundation I need. I wouldn't say it's a terrible product at all, the Chanel counter just didn't recommend this well for me. It's suited to a certain age, and I can see it being a great product for them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by beeps81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! Makes skin look young and dewy. Sets great with a little powder dusted over the top. Expensive, but you don't need to use a lot of product, as a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me about 6 months with everyday use.