Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 8/20/2012 11:09:00 AM

I received 2 deluxe samples of this of a lovely sales girl in Debenhams when i purchased the Hydramax lip balm. I have to say, i'm VERY particular when it comes to foundations, i've tried many, mainly ones MAC, Armani Luminous Silk, Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown, however out of the 15 i've tried the only one I've give 5 out of 5 for is MAC face and body which is why I'm so shocked to be giving this 5!

It's so similar to mac face and body in consistency and finish however i find this has just a tad more coverage and is a bit silkier on application, i mix in my armani fluid sheer in 3 to give me even more radiance on a night out and i just find this looks gorgeous, dewy, glowy and translates great on to pictures. I got the shade natural which is perfect for me, especially for summer. There's literally nothing i don't like about this foundation except the price tag but due to it being so good and the packaging being so beautiful when i next have some money to spend i'll be treating myself to this and the soleil tan de chanel! Also i find this lasts about 9 hours if you prep your skin with a good serum and moisturizer before it starts to slip off. If you like a dewy, glowy foundation or if you like MAC face and body you will LOVE this! If you like a matte foundation try the aqua version, but for me, this is holy grail!

on 8/16/2012 7:07:00 PM

Although the finish of the foundation is dewy, it offers no coverage for acne or discoloration and only draws more attention to very dry skin. Layering the foundation does not solve the problem. It's highly transferable and does not last all day. During the fall my skin becomes very dry, and my skin absorbed the foundation within two hours (and that's with Lancome primer and Cetaphil cream moisturizer).

YSL Teint Majeur and Cle De Peau Silk Cream Foundation offer much better coverage and hydration.

For reference: I wear B30 in Vitalumiere, 04 Sand in YSL, and O20 in Cle De Peau. NC 25-30 in MAC.

on 8/13/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation, but I must admit I prefer the Mat Lumiere. Vitalumiere gives sheer to light coverage with a natural look and a slightly dewy finish (I typically prefer matte). I think this would work best for someone with dry skin, with no real issues to cover up, as it gives fairly light coverage, similar to a tinted moisturizer. I do really like this foundation for days when I want lighter, more natural makeup. It lasts nicely, especially when set with powder, and it doesn't seem to settle into lines or pores or cause breakouts. I think it is a nice foundation overall.

on 7/10/2012 10:11:00 PM

I like how easy it is apply and blend, it has some coverage but not a lot, overall I liked how it looked on my skin, it felt very light compared to Estee Lauder Double Wear which I use all the time and love but wanted a lighter look.
I was given a sample and I'm glad it was free as it turns orange on your face after a couple of hours, this may be because the sales assistant gave me the wrong Colour although the sample I got matched me perfectly. I'm going to try a shade lighter and see what happens.

I am NC20 in MAC and #10 Limpede goes on slightly darker, which is fine due to it's sheerness. But after 3 hours the whole thing turned orange. Not good. I live in a humid environment and no matter what I use underneath, this foundation ends up greasy and shiney after 3 hours. I guess I can make it work with setting powder but I just don't like the foundation enough to make that much effort. It feels sticky for the whole time you have it on and if you have long hair it will stick to your face.

on 6/28/2012 3:08:00 AM

Hi all,
I just love this foundation. My skin looks amazing and feels like it had nothing on it but then I have very dry skin so it may not suit everyone. I do use translucent powder with it but just on certain spots- forehead, nose etc.
The only thing I would say is that as a fair girl, the lightest shade number 10 is too dark for me! It's a great summer look when i have a bit of fake tan on (well moisturiser with fake tan in it) but when i don't have that on I use Sally Hansen Airbrush legs on my neck and decolletage in the lightest shade to match me up.
Wearing it on my wedding day in a few months.
Thanks pixiwoo!

on 6/24/2012 9:16:00 PM

I think Vitalumiere is definitely geared for certain skin types, but on the right skin it is gorgeous. Best for dry to very dry skin, mature skin, maybe some fine lines. I have all of the above. I was a little nervous to try it, knowing that Chanel's shade range is very limited in darker shades (I'm an NC42 for reference). I went with the darkest shade they carried at Saks, #50 (Naturel) and found it to be an absolute perfect match - not too yellow and not too orange.

The best aspects of this foundation is how it doesn't set into fine lines, it feels weightless and it gives an amazing luminous glow. It does have a dewy finish, but I prefer dewy to a matte one.

I would say the one downside is that it doesn't feel like it's "set" once it's on - I presume it is due to how moisturizing it is, but I don't have an issue with it transferring to clothes, phone, whatever.

on 6/20/2012 6:46:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! It's so beautiful on my skin. It gives a really natural, healthy looking finish withous being too shiny or greasy. I need to set it with a powder (I use Chanel loose powder as Mac MSF looked awful combined with Vitalumiere on me) I think you need a quite good skin as the coverage is light (you can layer a bit but not too much). Overall a great product if you have normal/dry skin. Really recommend this one.

Great foundation for winter! A bit too heavy for summer day time, might work during summer evenings.

on 6/16/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation! I've had very dry, sensitive skin with ezcema my whole life, and some products will cause itching and rash. I ordered this after seeing the Pixiwoo girls reccomending it for dry skin. It feels very light on my face. I hate that tight feeling I get when wearing foundation, but this does not have that feeling. I don't get much of a dewey look, but I think it's because my skin is so dry and I live in a very dry climate as well. I will have to see how this holds up in the high humidity when I travel this summer.
Overall this is a good foundation for me. The colour I have is a little dark on me (30 Cendre) , but I just bring it down my neck. Revlon Colourstay in Sand beige is perhaps a better match. My teenage daughter loves Vitalumiere on me and says I look like I"m in my 20's! I don't know about that, and I probably will try other foundations, but I will re-purchase this one when I run out.