July 23, 2014 | 1472 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this product in the white pot, and all I have to say is that it is fantastic! Literally sucks the oil out of your skin helping it feel soft, clean and smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for those who have extremely sensitive skin, as it can irritate it slightly but it does really clean your pores. Minimizes their appearance, too! Highly, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this in the white jar, blown away by how good my skin looks after 2 uses! I'd suffered an allergic reaction to a well known HD foundation and struggled for a couple of months to get my skin back to how it was. This stuff is an amazing blend of acids and clays. Completely different to the usual mud mask in terms of the complexity of ingredients, I thought it may be too harsh for my skin but I didn't even get a tingly feeling from this. It's really powerful but gentle. My scars have faded and blackheads have significantly reduced. Skin is smooth and glowy. My only gripe is the size of the packaging compared to the jar, a little misleading but I won't let that put me off repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT:

Ok so I am going to break this review down. One is for the White jar and the other is for the Black/Pink jar.

Summary - The white jar is pure evil for skin. It is awful. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The black/pink jar was seemingly good, but now I am having second thoughts.

Myskin is combo, used to be acne prone in my teens and early twnties, slightly dehydrated, sensitive to too many chemicals.

So, I've been really into masks. I haved tried a number of clay masks. Rhassoul, french green clay, fullers, aztek, mint julep, nutriganics. I was intrigued by glamglow because of it's reputation and blog reviews. I always wondered why the MUA reviews were so low. I decided to go to Sephora and get a sample of the black jar version.

BLACK/PINK JAR: Decent.

Now mind you, the black and pink jar are the same product. The pink jar just gives a portion of the proceeds to breast cancer research.

I loved the black jar version enough to purchase the full size.

BLACK JAR Pros:
leaves pores clean
Skin glows
Skin looks visibly smoother
Skin tone is evened out
Skin is softer

BLACK JAR Con
The cost
Tingling feeling can be painful for some
Wondering if a cyst was caused by the black jar. I don't break out much, so that's why I am suspicious.

BLACK JAR Good for
People who want something to give them smooth radiant glow who dont have super sensitive skin and are willing to spend money on a mask.

BLACK JAR Not for:
Ultra Sensitive skin types

WHITE JAR REVIEW: Summary: MASK FROM H*LL.

Now, when I purchased the black jar, I asked for a sample of the white jar. I decided to try some as a spot treatment on the cyst (which somehow showed up after I used the black jar mask.. hmm...) that I had. I *thought* my cyst looked smaller, but I think it was just my imagination. I put it on my nose to see if it would suck out gunk from my pores. Now mind you, when I washed the mask from my nose, my nose looked clean and super poreless. I then wanted to try it on my face. When I washed the mask off my face, I noticed some grey residue on my face. But overall, it looked pretty ok. Flash forward 10 min, I notice my face covered in a slight rash. Few hours later, I break out!! There are RED SPOTS on my face. I have not broken out for years so I know it's because of this product. My pores look big, my NOSE looked like it's studded with blackheads. THIS MASK IS FROM H*LL.

I gave a super low rating, even though the black jar version is fine, because the white jar is from H*LL and no one deserves to have to deal with it.

WHITE JAR PROs:
You can get a refund

WHITE JAR CONS:
Broke me out
Caused rashes
Made pores look worse after a few hours
Made skin looked damaged

If you want to try these masks, get a sample from Sephora. Try it and made a decision a few hours later. Like I mentioned, at first, the results look great. After a few hours, you will see what it really does to your face.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by stacic

This review is for the mask in the white jar.
This product is approaching HG status for me! I cannot express how much I love it! I have hormonal acne as a wonderful side effect to my Mirena IUD and I've gotten on a regimen to control it that the Glam Glow mask is a very important part of. It almost instantly dries out any fresh blemishes and seems to fade scars really quickly. Any products that I use immediately afterwards absorb really well into my skin.
Recently I was sick, had my period AND the season was changing - which would normally make my skin a nightmare because that's when my immune system says "Oh hey, face. You're not my priority right now!" but with the help of Glam Glow, my face has stayed in check and that's something I never thought would be possible!
I completely acknowledge that this is a splurge product for many, due to the price and I recommend getting a sample if cost is a barrier to you - but it is worth every cent to me!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tishaflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several masks and treatments for my oily/ acne prone skin. I received a sample of the acne version of Glam Glow. I left it a recent breakout for an hour. The next morning my breakout was almost completely gone. This stuff is amazing, I will be purchasing the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kmmcgee

I really like this mask! I bought the smaller size jar and was a bit disappointed in how small the jar was (my fault, since I didn't look at the jar before I bought it). I didn't want to buy the full sized product until I determined whether or not I liked it. This product did burn for a few minutes when I first put it on, not unbearably, but not too comfortable. I left it on 10 minutes then rinsed it off (using circular scrubbing motion to remove the product). My skin felt amazing afterwards!!! I followed up with eye cream and a day moisturizer and haven't felt any dryness or tightness at all. My skin still feels amazing today! When I finish up this tiny jar (comparable in size to Kiehl's avocado eye cream), I will invest in the large jar!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the mask in the black jar. Hmmm gonna go ahead n sum it up. I think a battery acid mask followed by a good sand blasting may have been more comfortable. My skin is not sensitive in the least, and this product still burnt and stung almost unbearably for a good 5 minutes. The "tingle" in the product description didn't feel very tingly to me! It was downright painful. I toughed it out, thinking I was just being a wuss, but it truly wasn't worth it. The gals at Sephora push this stuff like crazy so I thought I couldn't go wrong, but I'm SO glad I only bought the trial size instead of dropping $70 bucks on the full size. I even used it a number of times in order to properly test it...but every time I ended up with dry uncomfortably tight skin that took two days of babying to get properly rehydrated. Did I glow afterward? Sure....but think about it. Anytime you shock or traumatize your skin (ie, burn it, slap it, whatever) it "glows". It was more the body's reaction to damage than "healthy glow". But hey, that's the premise behind DermaRoller, Dermabrasion, and a ton of other treatments...so if you're into that sort of thing, you may be on board with this product (ok I was being sarcastic...I'm NOT comparing results or even treatments...simply stating that some treatments, in fact, damage the skin purposely in order to cause it to go into "healing mode" and regenerate. Those treatments are done by trained professionals in a sterile environment. This mask will NOT produce the results of the treatments I mentioned, nor is it even on the same spectrum...just trying to get a point across.) The exfoliating agent is horribly coarse and jagged, and if you do your skincare research, you'll find that type of texture isn't optimal for safe, non damaging exfoliation. They stuck chunks of green tea leaves in it, made it smell amazing, and basically gimicked the heck out of this product....and the advertising fluff is working because its flying off shelves. I'm just not sold. It's rare that I give something a totally scathing review, but I find it appalling that people are being charged this much for a quirky gimick. I've gotten much better results from WAY less harsh products that were far better quality...thumbs soooo far down. :(

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used both the masks for acne prone skin and for anti-aging. I love the mask that's for acne prone skin because it's a lot thicker than the regular mask in the black jar. I usually leave mine on for a good 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. My skin feels a bit smoother and it just glows afterward! I follow it up right away with moisturizer--either jojoba, argan, or marula oil--because it can be a very drying mask. The anti-aging mask is great (the black jar) if you want a good scrub after leaving the mask sit. It's got a lot more grit to it than the stuff in the white jar. I suggest following that one up with moisturizer as well.

I don't use this mask very often because there isn't a whole lot of product in the jar for $70, so I tend to use it as a spot treatment rather than an all-over mask. I think you can get one good all-over mask out of it and then spot treat with the rest of the product until it's gone. It's a good way to make it last and feel like you've got your money's worth. I'm hesitant to buy again simply because of the product/dollar ratio. I love this mask, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

There are two versions of this mask- One is a clarifying one for oily/acne prone skin, and one is a more revitalizing kind of thing... I got the latter, since I'm dry and NOT acne prone... It really doesn't DO much, like everyone else is saying :( However, when you have it on your face, it is such a wonderful sensory experience! There are like, chunks of basil-looking herbs and weeds all blended in this stuff, so yeah, you have chunky things hanging off of your face, and once it's washed off, there's no amazing difference... Maybe some slight glow from a deep cleansing, but the only great thing would be how lovely this stuff smells- it's like fresh picked lavender was mushed into this formula. I don't know. But I'm not sure how they think they can charge as much as they do for this mediocre stuff. Ah, well, it was nice to try it out... Won't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

The last time I checked the reviews, they were pretty good, and I actually forgot about this. I purchased it quite a while ago, before there were any reviews of it at all. First, I can tell you that it didn't do a blessed thing for my skin, except perhaps irritate it due to the scratchy texture. It also looks weird on--with all of the seaweed hanging off of my face, I looked like a deep sea creature from a horror movie. It is very messy. Not only that, it dried up. I tried to revive it by adding warm water, but the results are so unimpressive I just had to admit I wasted my money and time and I threw it out.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No