August 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the one in the black jar. I love this stuff. First time I used it it tingled an alarming amount but I left it on. We great results. I've used it about 8 times now and love love it. It clears the pores so well. Makes my skin feel great for a few days afterwards too. It's pricey but damn I love it. I think it's cheaper than a facial at the spa once a week and this makes your skin feel like you had a high end facial
I leave it on 5-10 minutes and exfoliate it off gently.
Update - I am down to about 3-4 uses in my jar and it really dries out. I even had left the seal on under the lid. A tube would be much better for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by LanaAM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The review I'm writing is for the glamglow clearing treatment mud mask. The one that comes in the white packaging. I've been using this for only 2 weeks now after a lady at a beauty counter in selfridges sold it to me. I never really buy into these beauty fads and have a very simple all natural skin care routine. However I walked in looking for a liquid exfoliant for my acne prone skin. Although my acne has all cleared up I suffer from dry skin which tends to block pores and has resulted in an unsmooth appearance all over. She recommended the mask because of the acids it contains and its strange pore extraction ingredient.

Anyways after the first use I absolutely loved it. It tingled slightly but that made me feel like it was working away at the dead skin, when the mask starts to dry you then see loads of little dark 'dots' where you have large blocked pores/spots, apparently this is due to the pore extraction ingredient that pulls all the dirt out of your pores into the mud. After rinsing my face was silky smooth and a lot brighter, my pores were much smaller and face less red where I have hyperpigmentation from my acne scars. I use this mask 3 times a week and when I run out I'd definitely buy it again.

I'm always very skeptical of trying out new products due to the sensitivity of my skin and I've tried mud masks in the past that have dried me out and actually blocked pores but I really do love this one. Only downside is the price. Quite pricey at fourty pounds for such a tiny tub. But well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mask has some lovely qualities. The mask dries quickly and has exfoliating qualities when you remove it. I do experience tingling with it, which boarders on uncomfortable so I only use it on my nose which I have no problem with. However the price is way to high for what it does, or well....doesn't do. This will not transform your skin or cure your skin woes. If you have VERYsensitive skin, skip it. Over all, an okay face mask that is way over priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by amandam3

I have very oily skin with blackheads that pop up around my nose and on my chin. I splurged on this and am glad I did. I use it 2-3 times a week and my face after about a month of use is completely clear of blackheads and rough patches. I have my glowing skin back. The only thing I hate about is the big chunks of tea leaves in it. They flake off as you are trying to apply the mask to your face and it is very annoying. I will definitely continue to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Review is for the one in the black jar. Paid almost $20 for a tub the size of an eye cream. Supposed to be tingling and exfoliating....um no. Noticed neither. Basically this is an expensive mask that doesn't do anything more than any other clay mask does. Does my skin look better after? Kind of. But it does after I use something from Queen Helene or the like for a fraction of the price. And those masks don't leave weird pieces of green stuff all over my face and sink. I looked like a head of romaine lettuce exploded all over me. Will I buy this again? No way. Sorry I was suckered into buying it in the first place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this product in the white pot, and all I have to say is that it is fantastic! Literally sucks the oil out of your skin helping it feel soft, clean and smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for those who have extremely sensitive skin, as it can irritate it slightly but it does really clean your pores. Minimizes their appearance, too! Highly, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this in the white jar, blown away by how good my skin looks after 2 uses! I'd suffered an allergic reaction to a well known HD foundation and struggled for a couple of months to get my skin back to how it was. This stuff is an amazing blend of acids and clays. Completely different to the usual mud mask in terms of the complexity of ingredients, I thought it may be too harsh for my skin but I didn't even get a tingly feeling from this. It's really powerful but gentle. My scars have faded and blackheads have significantly reduced. Skin is smooth and glowy. My only gripe is the size of the packaging compared to the jar, a little misleading but I won't let that put me off repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT:

Ok so I am going to break this review down. One is for the White jar and the other is for the Black/Pink jar.

Summary - The white jar is pure evil for skin. It is awful. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The black/pink jar was seemingly good, but now I am having second thoughts.

Myskin is combo, used to be acne prone in my teens and early twnties, slightly dehydrated, sensitive to too many chemicals.

So, I've been really into masks. I haved tried a number of clay masks. Rhassoul, french green clay, fullers, aztek, mint julep, nutriganics. I was intrigued by glamglow because of it's reputation and blog reviews. I always wondered why the MUA reviews were so low. I decided to go to Sephora and get a sample of the black jar version.

BLACK/PINK JAR: Decent.

Now mind you, the black and pink jar are the same product. The pink jar just gives a portion of the proceeds to breast cancer research.

I loved the black jar version enough to purchase the full size.

BLACK JAR Pros:
leaves pores clean
Skin glows
Skin looks visibly smoother
Skin tone is evened out
Skin is softer

BLACK JAR Con
The cost
Tingling feeling can be painful for some
Wondering if a cyst was caused by the black jar. I don't break out much, so that's why I am suspicious.

BLACK JAR Good for
People who want something to give them smooth radiant glow who dont have super sensitive skin and are willing to spend money on a mask.

BLACK JAR Not for:
Ultra Sensitive skin types

WHITE JAR REVIEW: Summary: MASK FROM H*LL.

Now, when I purchased the black jar, I asked for a sample of the white jar. I decided to try some as a spot treatment on the cyst (which somehow showed up after I used the black jar mask.. hmm...) that I had. I *thought* my cyst looked smaller, but I think it was just my imagination. I put it on my nose to see if it would suck out gunk from my pores. Now mind you, when I washed the mask from my nose, my nose looked clean and super poreless. I then wanted to try it on my face. When I washed the mask off my face, I noticed some grey residue on my face. But overall, it looked pretty ok. Flash forward 10 min, I notice my face covered in a slight rash. Few hours later, I break out!! There are RED SPOTS on my face. I have not broken out for years so I know it's because of this product. My pores look big, my NOSE looked like it's studded with blackheads. THIS MASK IS FROM H*LL.

I gave a super low rating, even though the black jar version is fine, because the white jar is from H*LL and no one deserves to have to deal with it.

WHITE JAR PROs:
You can get a refund

WHITE JAR CONS:
Broke me out
Caused rashes
Made pores look worse after a few hours
Made skin looked damaged

If you want to try these masks, get a sample from Sephora. Try it and made a decision a few hours later. Like I mentioned, at first, the results look great. After a few hours, you will see what it really does to your face.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by stacic

This review is for the mask in the white jar.
This product is approaching HG status for me! I cannot express how much I love it! I have hormonal acne as a wonderful side effect to my Mirena IUD and I've gotten on a regimen to control it that the Glam Glow mask is a very important part of. It almost instantly dries out any fresh blemishes and seems to fade scars really quickly. Any products that I use immediately afterwards absorb really well into my skin.
Recently I was sick, had my period AND the season was changing - which would normally make my skin a nightmare because that's when my immune system says "Oh hey, face. You're not my priority right now!" but with the help of Glam Glow, my face has stayed in check and that's something I never thought would be possible!
I completely acknowledge that this is a splurge product for many, due to the price and I recommend getting a sample if cost is a barrier to you - but it is worth every cent to me!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tishaflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several masks and treatments for my oily/ acne prone skin. I received a sample of the acne version of Glam Glow. I left it a recent breakout for an hour. The next morning my breakout was almost completely gone. This stuff is amazing, I will be purchasing the full size.