November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupglitz1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the softness and moisturising feel of these lip butters, however I don't think they last very long lips still dry out throughout the day. They are pretty inexpensive so can afford to reapply whenever needed. The creme brûlée is my personal favourite. The packaging is good with a quilted look to the cover this product would look good on any dressing table <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Revlon Lip Butters with all my heart!!! Mac lipsticks don't even compare to these babies. They are super moisturizing, very pigmented, and look beautiful on the lips. Mac lipsticks are awful on my lips, they look super nasty due to my lips being quite dry. On the other hand these are relatively inexpensive (half the price of a Mac lipstick), are very moisturizing, provide a good amount of pigmentation, and don't transfer all over my face. The only downside is they loose their sheen after 3 hours or so. One cool thing about this product is if you don't reapply it throughout the day it doesn't just disappear, it lingers on your lips and provides them with an even stain of color. I've tried several shades: Cotton Candy (love this one except it has glitter chunks in it), Creme Brulee (didn't like this one the shade made me look ill), and lastly my favorite Cupcake (beautiful baby pink color with no glitter). I plan on buying a ton more of these, but I would recommend checking online to see if the shade your thinking of purchasing is exactly what you want.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I am not a fan of these butters. I have a couple of different shades, but I don't find them to be very moisturizing. When I think of lip butters, I think of products that coat the lips and leave them feeling smooth and soft. I don't find that these Revlon ones do that. The colors are nice, but nothing that doesn't already exist in a "real" lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by tahliarose18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently just bought four of these , in the shades pink lemonade , wild watermelon , sorbet and cupcake. Very moisturising products , however they tend to fade quickly depending on how much product you apply. I have very dry lips and this lip butter does not sink into the cracks on my lips which I love !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pinklauren

Only own this in 'Creme Brûlée', absolutely love the shade, consistency and packaging. One of my favourite lip products! Yes the longevity isn't great but I absolutely love smoothing this stuff over my lips so it's a pleasure when I realise it's worn off a bit at work! Honestly one of my top 5 lipsticks, high end quality for a drugstore price. Thank you Revlon!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I bought this in Peach Parfait and it is horrible. I'm pretty sad because I love the idea of a lip butter balmy stain type lipstick. but unfortunately the shade I got is just a crunchy, sparkly lipstick. Yuck.
It is so glittery that I find it gritty and crunchy to apply. The colour is awful. I wish they had testers available where I purchased it, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was so sparkly.
I will likely try another shade in this lippie, but definitely don't recommend Peach unless you want to look like a 13 year old with dried out glittery pastel lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by SarahLouise1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging is cute.
Makes your lips soft and moisturized. Lovely colors and it tints your lips beautifully. I love raspberry pie, i love bright colors.
Smell is like all lip products.
I never leave the house without wearing one of 6 i own
I wouldn't by the baby pinks or neural colors as it makes my lips crack and not very appealing on the eyes.

highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I love this lipstick. I got it in cupcake and it is a gorgeous light pink colour which is wearable with almost any makeup. Pros: the feel and look, absolutely ADORE IT. Cons: the whole tube is only about 2/3rds full and it wears off so you need to really a fair bit, I feel like I am going to go through it very quickly. It's not pricey but given the previous con, it's also not great value if you were to use it often. I find myself reapplying almost as much as if it were a lip gloss. Honestly amazing on though its my new favourite lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I am not a big fan of lipstick because it can feel heavy on the lips, and lip glosses can feel too sticky for my liking. These Lip Butters are the perfect lip product for me. They are hydrating, pigmented, and come in tons of shades. I have 9 shades (Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, Brown Sugar, Cherry Tart, Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Sugar Plum, & Tutti Fruity) and love them all! Some of the Lip Butters have a cream finish (like Pink Truffle), some have glitter (like Berry Smoothie), and Peach Parfait has a lot of glitter (it can feel a little gritty but the color is so pretty I can live with it).

Pros:
-Lots of different shades.
-The packaging has a clear window on top, so you can see the actual color of the Lip Butter.
-Affordable.
-Hydrating.
-Good pigmentation (some of the darker colors leave a nice stain).

Cons:
-Not long wearing.
-Not a lot of product in the tube.
-Melts easily.

Tips:
-Although this product is hydrating, it is not a substitute for a lip balm. I always apply a lip balm before putting on a Lip Butter.
-I noticed the glittery Lip Butters tend to emphasize the lines in my lips, so you might want to keep that in mind.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

After watching a ton of videos on Youtube, reading reviews, and looking at swatches, I felt I simply HAD to buy those. I got two: Peach Parfait and Candy Apple (Tutti Frutti was not available). I could not wait to get home and try them on. Peach Parfait is almost exactly the color of my lips. After a few swipes, all I could see was almost clear gloss with shimmer. The more I put on, the more shimmer was visible, but no real color. So, Peach Parfait was a total failure for me in terms of color pay off, due to its closeness to the color of my own lips. To my mother it goes...

The second one I tried, Candy Apple, is a pretty wearable red, with slightly darker undertones. If you put on only a few coats, it's not very bright. I am a strictly "natural look" person, but I will keep this one, as it is wearable and works for me.

It has to be said, though, that both Peach Parfait and Candy Apple do not last long at all. If you eat or drink, they are gone; if you don't touch anything, they last no longer than a couple of hours. Also, I noticed that Candy Apple bleeds pretty badly.

In terms of the formula: it's great. Its moisturizing and glides on very nicely.

So, after watching all the beauty Youtube-ers and reading rave reviews, I am a bit disappointed (sacrilege, I know). Perhaps I was expecting too much after all the buzz. I will not be repurchasing: I feel that there are better options out there, both in terms of a) lipstick; b) lip balms; and c) tinted lip balms.