September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bessyleyh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have Gumdrop, Sweet Tart and Sugar Plum. They give me just the right color and shine I need. About the staying power, well it depends from one person to another. If you talk a lot and drink a lot it stays for up to 4 hours. But if you're like me who just sit around and listen to professors all day, it lasts up to 8 hours max. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sheer tints of pretty colours like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. They feel really nice on the lips, not drying. Sheer enough that you can add more without a mirror, lol. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. I haven't had any colour bleeding with the 5 colours I bought. Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle are my favourites. They're nudes, but prettier. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, they were a very good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Iriana74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in Romania and I can't find these anywhere. A few months ago I went to France and there I found and bought my first Revlon Lip Butter, in Pink Truffle.

I expected a lot from this lip product because of its price (16 euros, which means 21 dollars). I like it actually, but I regret paying so much money on it, I don't think it's worth it.
I read that in the US these lip butters only cost around 6$. At this price, I really want to try more shades. But for now, I can't help but be a little bit disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by rere111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip product. I have tried a few shades but always return to my 'pink truffle'. I think I am on my 4th tube of it! It's very moisturizing and the shade isn't too harsh- just the right amount of shine and color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dmc33003

I love these. I bought cotton candy. Its a very pale pink but not to pale where it makes u looks dead. In cotton candy there is a little but of shimmer. Which is perfect for my age. They are very moisturizing which i love. On my lips i feel like they leave a little bit of a stain as well which isnt a bad thing in my opinion. Would definetely buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by RANTRIMEIDIA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Revlon lip butters are my HG lip product.

I have very sensitive skin and for some reason most lipsticks and lip balms make my lips peel and it feels raw and sore for a day or two. :( This goes for drugstore AND high-end brands. I've pretty much worn only Vaseline for years, with maybe an odd lip balm or two for colour but not very often.

While I tend to avoid buying lip products, I gave this one a try during a sale. I was AMAZED that this didn't cause me any problems! I can finally wear some colour on my lips! :D My first lip butter was Raspberry Pie. It glides on smoothly and doesn't feel drying at all and the colour is sheer, but can be built up.

My ONLY problem is that the staying power is maybe around 3-4 hours (for me, anyway). But otherwise, this is an amazing product that I will buy again and again. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

okay this is weird.
I have most of the colors from this collection and feel that even though I do enjoy several shades, I'm not amazed at the performance of these overall.
first, they tend to bleed and spply unevenly because they are so buttery. this also means lasting time is an hour tops before I have to reapply. but when I do, the ptoduct dries up my lips and I get flakes. yuck.
the nude color creme brulee is actually pretty opaque, and I enjoy tutti fruitti and candy apple. the rest, the light pinks, won't do much to astound.
now I'm just thinking of a way to use then up or get rid of them but can only bring myself to store them as backup in my purses to layer over lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ADORE Revlon's Just Bitten line, so I thought I'd give these a shot as well. They feel like a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm. They last longer than a lip gloss but less than a lipstick or stain; I usually reapply every few hours, and definitely after eating.

Pros:
-heavenly vanilla scent
-packaging and feel seem more high end (much better overall first impression than, say, Wet 'n' Wild)
-applies like butter (as the name suggests), but not in an overly greasy way... very smooth and will not dry out over time, although I've never had a problem with dry lips
-color: I can only attest to Peach Parfait, but it's a gorgeous medium-dark pink with a hint of shimmer; very close to my actual lip color

Cons:
-again, I'm not blown away with the staying power
-I paid $8 which is pretty steep for a drugstore lip product

Other than that, I really enjoy this in Peach Parfait, even though I wish it wasn't so close to my natural lip color, as I was looking for more of a coloring balm and less of a nude one. However I enjoy pulling this out and applying it, because the packaging just makes me feel like a 20th century Parisian woman. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend told me I HAD to try this. I got a coral color. Looks okay, a little dry. Does not feel like butter, not as smooth as you'd expect hearing the name. Not shiny, but I'm not a big fan of shiny anyway...I'm sure a gloss would look great over it if needed. It was fine, just wasn't as great as my expectations.