October 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by yunbean

This is my first L'Oreal mascara and I was eager to try it because of the packaging. The gold packaging however, was a bit awkward since it had some weird edges around it. I like that the wand separates my lashes and is not too bulky to use. It was easy for me to get to my inner corner lashes without making a mess on my eyelids. Overall, with a good curl, this mascara lasts on me 10+ hours. It was also very easy to remove. I saw smearing on my lower lash line at first and thought it was the mascara but it was actually just my eyeliner. With no eyeliner and just mascara, the mascara smeared very little on my lower lash line and still kept my curl after 10 hours. I repurchased one more for backup once I'm done with this current tube. Not my HG but definitely one of the best in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by melissafoisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I read all the reviews and decided to try it. I JUST went to Shoppers Drug Mart, and applied it on. It is AMAZING! If you look at the 8th picture, that's me. It's really easy to apply on, no messes what so ever! I love the packaging, it's really nice and easy. I will for sure keep on buying this mascara. Although it is a bit pricy, I got it for 13.99$, but definitely worth every penny! You should try it, no clumps, and it feels like your not even wearing mascara! Very pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by slkeeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore L'Oreal Voluminous mascaras, and this is no exception. The False Fiber result is pretty spectacular after 2-3 coats. Lots and LOTS of length and volume, but not spiky or clumpy. This is one of my favorite mascaras, hands down.

I will say, this formula does smudge a bit more than the "regular" Voluminous mascara. However, if you are careful to just peek in the mirror and clean up any smudges a couple of times during the day, you can have crazy huge lashes without wearing false lashes. I have tried many mascaras that claim to give you a "false lash" result, and this has been the only one that really impressed me. I liked it much better than their Voluminous Millionize or even the Carbon Black formulae.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by SmashKetchum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of all mascaras! My mom has worked in the world of cosmetics since I was five years old, so let me tell you, I've tried loooooots of different mascaras from all different companies, incl. Lācome, Lise Watier, Dior, etc. Not only does this mascara add volume, but it also separates my lashes, while making them super long! Every mascara I've ever used use to leave me with raccoon eyes, but THIS ONE DOESN'T!! I use an eyelash curler before applying the mascara, which may aid in lengthening, and I wouldn't recommend using the curler after you've applied it, because the fibers with stick to it and make it clump. But overall, this is my all time favorite mascara, if they discontinue this, I'd probably cry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I was told to buy this product by the sales lady because she said this product was to prevent smudging... and for me it did work =) however it didn't add volume to my lashes, but it did lengthen it.
So if you want longer but thin lashes this product is worth trying.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by deanabailey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed! It does SMUDGE. The only thing this was waterproof on was my skin. However, it does give volume but would not buy again because it smudged and was really difficult to get off my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by middy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this stuff, but I just can't. No matter how much I curl my lashes beforehand, this mascara straightens them out immediately! If it weren't for that, I'd like it. Nice dark black, thickening/volumizing effect with not-too-bad clumping if you wipe off the brush beforehand. I like the tapered wand as well, which allows for some precision in applying. Also, the tube is very nice-looking and looks expensive. I much prefer the original Voluminous formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by makeupalleyjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love fiber mascaras so I was really excited to try this one! The application was a little messy, so I wasn't thrilled. But after I got rid of the clumps and cleaned it up the results were beautiful! I have fairly long, thick eyelashes with a natural curl but this vamped it up! Gave me the right amount of volume and length. It did seem to flake after a while, so I probably won't be repurchasing based on that and how hard the application was. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LexiLuthor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite mascara, which is saying a lot because I had tried nearly every mascara in the drugstore before deciding to shell out a bit more on Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme. I love my Sumptuous Extreme, however I ran out and needed a cheaper/more convenient alternative, so I purchased the False Fiber Lashes. And I'm glad that I did because this mascara is lovely!
False Fiber Lashes leave my lashes looking nice and fluffy (volumized and lengthy, with a natural to sort of false lash look), but since it contains fibers, if you use too much it will look clumpy and flakey. I've noticed that some reviewers are miffed because it doesn't wash off well, but I've never had this problem and it comes of pretty easily for me (for reference I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser). I gave it a four overall because of the flake factor, a two for price because I believe it was about 8$, a five for packaging because it was alright and didn't conflict with mascara performance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Agentdouble0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is deff a special occasion only mascara! It takes FOREVER to get off. It does make my lashes extremely long, full, and dark though. It just takes too much to get off. I'm still in the process of finding my everyday mascara.