September 2, 2014 | 1102 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by KimmyRM

Hello fellow make-up addicts! I bought this on impulse on Tuesday - and what a buy it was. I must admit - I was sceptical when the lovely lady at Chanel told me I would not be disappointed - after all, my other high end brands - Dior and Armani have not done well at all.

Imagine my surprise when I actually loved this foundation - I bought it and wore it to work today - 12 hours later - the foundation is still on, my face is not oily and the matt effect is still in full bloom. It also did not oxidise on my skin.

Some people might find the perfume smell a little odd - bit I welcomed it smelling of nice things rather than just boring old liquid foundation chemical smell. Coverage is medium - full but a little goes a long way. I didn't even have to use concealer! :)

The only drawback is the price - but after paying for Dior and Armani foundations, this is definitely worth its weight in gold.

Kx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kirbipittman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I think I've found my Holy Grail foundation in Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. Which is unfortunate because it's SO darn expensive! I really love the semi-matte finish and love how the makeup changes as it sets on my face. 10 minutes after I apply it it looks really good and makes my skin glow. It lasts about 8 hours- after that my nose and chin start looking oily and I really need a touch up. It is heavily perfumed but it doesn't bother me because the smell is to die for. I would definitely repurchase and even though it is about $55 I don't mind the price because it's wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by XMishiX

Recently bought perfection no 50 due to all the hype abt it.. Well am extremely disappointed. First of all why does it change to a darker orangey tint?? Looks like ive applied fake tan on my face! it gives medium coverage and does have a nice sheen but i really think you should get a sample first! This foundation really let me down. It doesnt control oiliness in my skin. I'll stick to my Mat Lumiere in 50. This one never let me down.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is beautiful on the skin , I have oily-combo skin yet still prefer dewy glory foundations! So this was a change for me. I do really like the finish of this foundation it's Matt, but still has a gorgeous glow. The shades are nice 12 beige rose matches me pretty well:) the packaging is of coarse amazing frosted glass bottle and signature Chanel pump make it very classy, but not the best for travel... And I wish the smell was more like vita lumiere aqua! But overall this foundation is great:)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Allylindsey

This foundation is way too matte for my liking, that being said It does provide a nice glow to the skin however you must must must have imperfection free skin! It dies accentuate dryness and is light to medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Good: Has a perfume (unlike other Chanel foundations), which I quite like the smell. Glides on, easy to blend, good packaging.
Bad: Performance. I have somewhat dry skin... and this would accentuate any little patches after say... 30 minutes? It oxidizes a little, too.. a little orangey after a while. Also, I am not too sure why this is marketed as a long-wearing foundation! It wears off to a level of non-professional look, I'd say around 3-5 hours depending on activity. Also, any oil produced will make a shiny look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reaaally wanted to like this foundation. I've used lots of other Chanel products before but this was the first time I've tried one of their liquid foundations. I got a sample first which lasted about 4 days and all was going well so I went ahead and bought the full size - big mistake. After using this for about 3 weeks now my skin has broken out so badly with both cysts and lots of tiny bumps under the skin. It's horrible!

I have sensitive acne prone skin which happened to be pretty clear when I started using this - so you can imagine my frustration! Although the label claims it to be non-comodogenic and oil-free this clogged up my skin terribly.

Okay so moving on from the fact this gave me the worst break out I've had in years... The actual consistency is good, it blends easily and leaves my skin feeling silky soft and looking smooth and it sets quickly. It does transfer onto clothes quite easily though which is annoying. The coverage is buildable but still has a natural, matte finish. By the end of the day the colour has oxidised a little but nothing major, and I did find my skin was getting oily by the end of the day which is weird for me because normally my skin is quite dry, but this is nothing a quick blot with some blotting paper can't fix so no dramas there.

Overall I'm really disappointed that this product has ruined my skin because I wanted to like it! But I'll be returning it and continuing to search for the perfect foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by sarah1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying this is possibly the worst foundation I have ever tried!!

I have combination/oily skin. My face gets oily in the T-section mostly, but I wouldn't say that I am EXTREMELY oily. When wearing this foundation however, after a mere one hour, my face turned into a complete oil slick. It looked disgusting. Never have I had anything like this happen before. First off, it is a NIGHTMARE to blend onto the face (applying with fingers OR a brush). Secondly, the woman who sold me this foundation claimed that it was 'mattifying,' 'oil-free' and their best mattifying/oil-controlling foundation. She assured me it would not get oily. While when first applied it has a very nice natural and illuminating finish, it just does not last. I was literally having to go and touch up my make-up ever hour and as such, my face just ended up looking like a complete mess by the end of the day. What I don't understand though, is how on earth this foundation managed to turn so oily on my face when my skin isn't nearly near that oily!!

Perhaps this foundation would work nicely for someone with dry skin, however I would not recommend this to someone with combo/oily skin. Having said this, it really is terrible to blend so I probably wouldn't even recommend it to anyone in all honesty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I am really liking this product. It stays on great, and it looks very natural. I can also put it on my under eye area, and it doesn't get in my fine lines!
Well done, Chanel!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Stonebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging/Price:

It comes in a sturdy, frosted glass bottle with a pump. One squirt is quite conservative which I like, because it means there will be minimal waste. The price is around $56-$60 and older reviews I watched state that a bottle lasts about a year to 18 months.

The Formula is:

Lightweight and blends like a dream. The way it plays with light to mask your imperfections is something I’ve only seen from this foundation and it’s glorious. I have hyper-pigmentation, which is lots of little brown dots scattered about my face, and with one pump you can still see them but not nearly enough for me to feel like it hasn’t done its job as a foundation. In fact I kind of like that I don’t feel like I’m wearing a mask. Alternatively, I can build coverage for a more flawless look without an issue.

What you may need to know is this foundation smells like roses… literally. And the scent lasts for quite a while after application. I actually don’t consider this a caveat as the fragrance didn’t aggravate my sensitive skin, but maybe you would. Try it out and see what you think.

Application:

I have applied this foundation with my fingers, a stippling brush and a flat foundation brush. All seemed to do a great job of an even, well blended application. I wouldn’t recommend using more than two full pumps because oxidation becomes an issue and the dewey glow turns into a slightly sweaty look. Not my favorite look in the world. Trust the Chanel: one or two pumps is enough.

How I applied it:

I use a stippling technique.

Texture/Finish:

Dewey, pearlescent, light, semi-matte; transfers much less than any foundation I’ve used before. I used MAC Skinfinish to set it and it definitely changed the finish into something extremely ordinary and created lots of transfer… just something to thing about.

Without setting powder it usually lasts about 5 hours before I need to touch up.

Pigmentation/Color Range:

Women of color know the struggle of obtaining high end foundation in colors that address our unique undertones and wide range of shades. This is an issue I think Chanel has (finally!) addressed comprehensively.

There are about 20 shades with neutral/beige, Ambre/Warm, and Rosy Beige undertones. My color matches my undertones perfectly: not too nuetral and not too orangey – even after oxidation.

Bottom Line:

I love it! I would suggest this foundation to anyone:

with oily skin
who prefers semi-matte/almost dewey finishes
likes light to medium coverage
hates the “feeling” of makeup on their skin
is willing to pay for high-end cosmetics
Similarly textured formulations at a cheaper price: