November 29, 2014 | 928 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging is nice because it's a tube...but that's about it for this one. It was very thick and oily feeling. caused a huge breakout all over my chin. I ended up returning it...it was that bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on an endless search for a bb cream that gives me good coverage, sun protection, ease of application, and one that doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask. This bb cream did not fit my criteria, unfortunately. I'm an nc30-35 and chose the shade 03 because 02 was a little light. The 03 to me, has a red/pink undertone that no matter how much I blended never seemed to melt into my skin. I tried different moisturizers underneath, to nothing under, and still the shade was just off. Plus no matter how little product I used, it always felt like I was wearing something on my skin, which I really don't like. Even after using several different setting powders (MAC msfn, Makeup Forever HD, Maybeline dream matte powder) this bb cream just never set, so I could feel it on my skin,& if I ran my fingers on my face (or my sons scratched my face by accident) then it would come off. I liked the ingredients, the clean tube packaging, the fact that they have more than one color, but all the cons outweigh the pros for me.
I really tried to make this bb cream work, but it just didn't, so I would not recommend & def. would not repurchase. I really like Clinique's products, love their brush on cream liner, but just not this bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that it does what it says: give you sheer coverage without making you look like a kabuki doll! I am not wild about the price but we shall see if it works in the long term.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by shmonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shades 01 and 02 tried.
For my skintone neither worked well (matched to NC15 on Mac pro concealer): Shade 01 with pinkish undertones makes my face look a little washed out/grey, Shade 02 with yellowish undertones is too yellow.
Possibly because of the bad color-match, the product never fully blends into the skin -- although I warm it up in my fingers as per instructions. Once on the skin, it feels a little tight and heavy, like I am wearing a lot of make-up, although the actual coverage is minimum. It does smooth out pores. It does look better after approximately 15 minutes, but still too imperfect to take place of a foundation. I can not say that the foundation looked better on top of this product, rather than by itself.
Overall, was not worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by christina36182

I've been meaning to try out a bb cream for a while and I finally did! I tried clinique because I really liked their skincare line and they are a reputable brand! I did what everyone else said and used a pea-sized amount which was surprisingly enough. I applied it to clean skin after putting on a little moisturizer and was very surprised with the results! It immediately covered all the redness on my face! It covered all the blemishes I have a little, but they were still visible but not as noticeable! The product was kind of expensive for what it actually is, but if I use a small amount everyday I'm sure it will last me a long time! It's an easy step to getting nicer skin on those days when you don't want a heavy, full face of makeup. It's light and doesn't feel cakey if you use just a little! I know this and maybe some bronzer and a tiny bit of coverup will be my makeup routine everyday for class next year! Pretty decent product that I would recommend to anyone with redness, acne scarring, or acne, as well as anyone looking to even out their skintone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have bought this BB cream 2 months ago, when it just launched here. I was really looking forward to trying it, because I love Clinique and tinted moisturizers and products with sheer coverage as my skin looks quite good and I don’t need any high coverage. I also like that it has spf 30, I am very pale and have a sun-reacting skin and the usual spf 15 as found in many foundations and powders is not high enough for me. I decided to buy the lightest shade 01 (MAC NW20), I am really pale with pink undertones and it works perfectly for me. I cannot really say, if it works against the aging except of the high spf, I have hardly any wrinkles yet.
I use it after my 3-steps Clinique routine (I am type 2). After squeezing it out of the tube it might appear a bit grayish, but when applied it looks very natural on me and is easy to blend. The finish is just right, not too dewy and glowing and also not completely matte. The skin tone is even and I can just use a little bit of concealer for a spot, otherwise I just put a bit of blush on and I am ready to go. Even after a long day it still looks good, sometimes I just need a bit of powder in my t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, as I have had ugh experiences with Clinique foundations. First, it is very matte on my normal/aging skin, which is different than most BBs, and I kind of like that. However, it does not provide as much coverage or have that magic make-stuff-disappear-with-very-little-product quality that the Korean BBs have. It works best with a light coverage mineral or powder foundation over it. On the plus side, it does not look gray like Korean BBs. The reason I am not all 5 stars on this is that the stuff oxidized on me- and I really only get a tiny bit of oil in my t-zone, and only when it's hot out, so I can't figure out the shades. I'm probably a MAC NC30, 35 with self tanner, and I bought the 3 because 2 was too light. But 3 turns orange on me. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The product gave medium coverage on me. It was very moisturizing. I enjoyed using it, even though I normally hate anything resembling a liquid foundation.

I felt that I still had to use finishing powder, which kind of defeats the purpose of a BB cream. I haven't tried Asian BB creams, but this reminded me of a tinted moisturizer.

Overall, I thought this product did most of what it promised. However, I found myself using more of the product than I would like. I could see myself finishing the product in a few months. To that end, the product becomes really expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using for a month, I've determined this has broken me out. It is the cause, when I take a break from it, my face clears up. So, I'm returning it today and going back to my beloved LM oil-free TM. This is nasty stuff if you are acne-prone

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by abjhogan

I really liked this until it started to break my skin out....badly. I had contacted Clinique customer support who assured me that this was non acnegenic (their terminology). I think they lied because the longer I used it the worse my skin got. Initialy I did love the way it made my skin look ( I have a light to medium complexion so I used shade 2). Aside from that you really had to rub it in and it had a tendancy to set into line and pores.