Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 8/2/2012 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Works wonderfully for me

on 8/2/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

As BB creams are trending, me and my mom decided to try out a few. We got the Maybelline one, the L'Oreal UV Perfect one and this one from Clinique. I must warn you to use VERY sparingly as pea size can be a bit too white on your face (at least mine) due to the SPF. I didn't quite like it as it does not photograph well, and even in day light it casts a greyish tone on my face and gives the illusion that I am either sick or dying, lol. However, I liked that it was very oil controlling and delicate to the skin. I have sensitive skin and I would immediately breakout if it's too fragrant. I guess maybe I ought to give it another shot and work with bronzers or blush, but I am hoping that BB creams would quickly come with a broader selection of color to match skin tones of all ethnicity. :|

on 7/30/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I've been on a BB cream kick but have been skeptical to buy any high end ones since I can't find out to work with my oily skin. It was between this and the Estee Lauder version and this won out since it was in stock that day. The SA told me that this actually controls oil and I got this is in shade 3 (there's only 3 I'm NC42) and she said it looks to light but will blend with my skin tone. I was convinced since all drugstore BB creams I've tried have blended really well with my skin. It was a no go the first day but I was in denial since I shelled out almost $40 bucks for this. First off I was absolutely white as a ghost, used RT buffing brush and Beauty Blender and this sat on top of my skin and I even overdosed on bronzer but still felt my skin looked stark white. As for the coverage, it's very sheer, it has an SPF of 40 which I love but has a very strong sunscreen smell, it eventually tones down. For longevity, I was so oily after about 3 hours, but the coverage didn't disappear. So I figured like the others I could keep this as a primer. I've had this for 2 mos and I've tried this as a primer under all my foundations and nope no help at all, I'm just as oily if not worse. This got returned yesterday,

on 7/22/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm Asian w yellow undertones. Light-med. nc30.
I got a sample in shade 2. Pros: great coverage-light to medium- looks natural and feels good and long wearing. Con: as w all Clinique face makeup, it's too pink and has a grayish cast that makes me looks a bit sick in certain lighting. I've read online that a lot of BB creams have a slight grey tone.
I normally wear Bobbi Brown face makeup because it has the perfect amount of yellow undertones. I got her BB cream online at Nordstrom in Medium and it's awesome! Great coverage, long wearing and no pink/grey tones.

on 7/16/2012 3:35:00 AM

I like this product a lot because it minimizes my blemishes and redness. It evens out my skin complexion and as everyone said ... Pea size amount is good enough for the entire face. However, I like to mix my bb cream with my moisturizer to give a more creamier texture .. It also has SPF to prevent aging and the shade is perfect for my color cause usually most foundations never match me 100%. Also I received compliments saying my face glows :) One thing that worries me is that I heard anti-aging products have a reverse effect on younger skin

on 7/11/2012 2:07:00 PM

My skin definitely isn't good enough to wear this alone, but I'm told it can be worn alone or as a primer. I use it as a primer, and I really like it. The smell isn't so good, but it fades quickly. I like the consistency - no greasy feeling! It helps my make-up last all day and adds a little bit of coverage to my blemishes. And a little goes a LONG way! I only use about a pea size for my whole face, let it dry for about a minute, then apply my foundation. Expensive, but good stuff!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

Being a 'ginger', it's always hard to find a product that evens out my skintone without hiding my freckles too much. So, when I was at an airport in London, I decided to try this BB-cream, as it is only available in the Clinique webshop in the Netherlands.
I love this stuff! I bought shade no 1, and it works great with my skin tone and freckles. It looks really natural and healthy. I like the creamy consistency, as my skin is about as dry as the Kalahari desert.

I use it after the Clinique 3-step programme, as Clinique intended. I can imagine some people experience problems if they use different cleansers and moisturisers previous to applying the BB cream, as the chemicals may react with each other in a different way: the BB-cream is non-comedogenic, but that doesn't mean it won't interact with your other products and form some components that will cause acne.

I also love the fact that it has SPF30. This makes my vampire-like-sun-fearing life a lot easier.

If I need a bit more coverage, or when I'm going out, I use it with a bit of my Lancôme teint miracle foundation and a little dust of mineral powder on my T-zone. At least 10 hours of natural looking, glowing perfection!

I don't think it's too expensive: Clinique always lives up to its promises.

on 7/5/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The packaging is nice because it's a tube...but that's about it for this one. It was very thick and oily feeling. caused a huge breakout all over my chin. I ended up returning it...it was that bad.

on 7/5/2012 12:59:00 PM

I am on an endless search for a bb cream that gives me good coverage, sun protection, ease of application, and one that doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask. This bb cream did not fit my criteria, unfortunately. I'm an nc30-35 and chose the shade 03 because 02 was a little light. The 03 to me, has a red/pink undertone that no matter how much I blended never seemed to melt into my skin. I tried different moisturizers underneath, to nothing under, and still the shade was just off. Plus no matter how little product I used, it always felt like I was wearing something on my skin, which I really don't like. Even after using several different setting powders (MAC msfn, Makeup Forever HD, Maybeline dream matte powder) this bb cream just never set, so I could feel it on my skin,& if I ran my fingers on my face (or my sons scratched my face by accident) then it would come off. I liked the ingredients, the clean tube packaging, the fact that they have more than one color, but all the cons outweigh the pros for me.
I really tried to make this bb cream work, but it just didn't, so I would not recommend & def. would not repurchase. I really like Clinique's products, love their brush on cream liner, but just not this bb cream.

on 6/30/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like that it does what it says: give you sheer coverage without making you look like a kabuki doll! I am not wild about the price but we shall see if it works in the long term.