October 26, 2014 | 1182 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought a huge bottle of this because i ordered through the website and it seemed like the best deal. it has an earthy coconut scent to it which i do like. this does not condition that great for me though. it has a very thin consistency for conditioner and i can't see how it conditions enough for anybody, i have straight manageable hair and it's not moisturizing enough for me, i can't imagine it being enough for curly hair as it was designed for. i won't be buying more or even finishing my bottle

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mjnhgb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

From what the SA told me, this would moisturize my hair. She also said that the coconut smell is divine. So I bought it and tried it at home, and all I can say is: DISAPPOINTING. The coconut smell is there sure, if you can get past the overwhelming smell of smoke. All I could smell was smoke or pollution and maybe the tiniest hint of coconut. I don't want my hair to smell like I've just spent a whole day in a smoky bar when I've just taken a shower! I know the smell of coconuts and fresh coconut or coconut milk does not smell like this. As for what it does, it's okay. It made my hair softer, but frizzy. I don't have frizzy hair to begin with since I'm Asian and have straight black hair, but when my hair dried, my hair was frizzy as all get out. Heck, I've had better results with cheap drugstore conditioners. Would NOT buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kennie3377

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are at all sensitive about fragrance, this is not the product for you. Usually with a new fragrance I smell it on myself for a little while, then grow accustomed to it and it just sort of softens and blends into the background. The scent of Coolaulin never softened on me. It was too intense and was even commented upon by those in close contact with me. While some have raved that this is the best coconut smell they have encountered, I am afraid I am with those that feel the coconut scent does not smell natural at all, and I have smelled fresh coconut! As for effectiveness, another disappointment. The Lush website says "Use this one on curly, dry or processed hair when it's feeling a bit rough." My hair was a bit more rough after use than before I used it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LuvLola23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first time I used this conditionere I wasn't sure if I liked it, but now there is no doubt - I LOVE IT. I don't know what everyone else is talking about. I think the smell is HEAVENLY and it makes my hair very soft and fluffy. I use it with Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo which is also really nice. It was a windy day the other day and my hair kept blowing in my face and I kept getting whiffs of this heavenly conditoner. Awesome!!! If you think it leaves your hair tangled, you should put in a little as a leave-in. That really works. I will definitely repurchase and so should you!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by mswarzie

I really have to stop being duped by the product descriptions on Lush's website! They sure made this one sound like sweet coconut scented manna in a bottle! So, against my better judgment, I went to Lush and purchased this, but unfortunately, as many of you may agree, the overbearing smell of the Lush store makes it quite difficult to really get a good idea of a product's true scent. So, I guess I would say that I threw all caution to the wind and bought a big bottle of this, thinking that since I LOVE coconut that I would LOVE this.

Well, I was WRONG. This smells like rotten coconut. At first I thought that I had maybe gotten a bad batch but after reading the other reviews on here I am convinced that this is how it should smell - not like coconut! I don't really like it but have forced myself to use it a few times to justify my silly purchase. As a conditioner, it will dry your hair out completely but I found that if you use this as a leave in conditioner it works a smidgen better. The smell does not linger - this is how I justify having to use this occasionally. I definitely would not repurchase - can't wait to finish this bottle up - I think that I will pawn it off on my boyfriend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I too bought this conditioner because it was described as smelling like coconuts but it is so not true! As far as quality goods.... it is an ok hair conditioner for my thick, wavy, highlighted hair. It doesn't do a great job at detangling but my hair does feel a lot softer. I also like to use it as a leave-in but still not a fan of the scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this smell, smells like coconut milk, which I looove! Sorry gals, I didn't use this as a normal conditioner, it's just too expensive for that for my thick waist-length hair. Nope, I still use a normal (= cheap) conditioner, tons of it actually, to condition and detangle. But I use Coolaulin afterwards as a leave-in conditioner and it just makes my hair soooo gorgeous! And smells great too, not an artificial coconut odour, which I hate, but it smells like real coconuts. As a leave-in conditioner it makes my hair a lot wavier, I suppose because it helps define the waves, than when I don't use any styling product. It looks like I used a defining mousse but it doesn't leave my hair stiff and crunchy like mousses do, it leaves my hair soft and silky and natural. I also wash with LUSH shampoo, so probably that helps a lot too. - EDIT: Dropped it down a lippie, I committed the stupidity of throwing too much on once and the smell was totally nauseating and disgusting, in the end I had to wash it all out again! I find that often happens with Lush scents in general, lightly applied they are divine but if you use too heavy a hand they can be overwhelming and disgusting. I will use up the bottle that I have (I will no longer use it as leave-in conditioner because of the smell, ugh!) but after that I don't know if I would repurchase. I said I would but I am still trying out more Lush conditioners, so if I like the other ones better I will not repurchase. - UPDATE: I definitely will not will not WILL NOT repurchase this, ever! It is the most disgusting smelling conditioner ever out there, smells totally like plastic coconuts. It's excellent at detangling my bird's nest but the smell is totally nauseating!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi

Like all other LUSH conditioners, this left my hair dry and straw-like. And to be honest, I'm not a fan of the smell either... It smelt like burning tyres to me. Bleh, sorry LUSH, your conditioners are just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by joojifish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner and its natural coconut scent (not like the artificial coconut you get from suntan lotion). I have thick Chinese hair that's on the dry side, and Coolaulin leaves my hair soft and shiny. It took several uses for me to get used to the lack of silicones and the associated 'slipperiness,' but my hair took to the conditioner very quickly. ETA: I no longer use Coolaulin because I've found better, cheaper non-silicone conditioners by Nature's Gate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Tapir

I use this conditioner every day on my fine and fairly greasy hair. I love the fragrance and it lasts all day. It makes my hair easy to comb through, shiny and healthy looking.