October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wouldn't buy this again for anything...

absolute WORST foundation ive used...and I've used some bad ones...didn't last on my face any longer than 2 hours max....

im oily, but this made me look very disgustingly more oilier than normal.

colors orange out... not worth the money...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and extreme combination skin. We're talking skin visibly peeling in the dry areas and the BP oil spill in the T-zone (I'm allowed to say that... I live in Alabama). My face is so acne-prone it breaks out if you look at it the wrong way. It's truly a fantastic mix. Honestly, I never thought I would find ANY foundation that didn't make me look like a greasy Oompa-Loompa at the end of the day, because for some reason makeup manufacturers seem to think that everyone has a tinge of ORANGE in their skin.

I stumbled on this foundation by accident because I tried another foundation (High Definiton Healthy FX) from this brand and positively HATED it and only used the whole bottle because I wasn't going to waste all that money. At this point, I've tried just about every brand I can think of and was getting frustrated, so I just grabbed this foundation in a tone that seemed logical (1.2 Warm Fair) and got out of there before I changed my mind.

OMG. I unwittingly grabbed my HG. This is why:
1.) The tone matched my weirdo skin perfectly. There was no difference in tone between my face and the rest of me.
2.) I think I looked in the mirror about one million times a day the first week I was wearing it expecting it to have turned orange. It did not.
3.) The oil in my skin doesn't ruin it like it does most foundations-- The makeup starts out dry enough that the oil actually helps it blend in my skin and look glow-y and pretty instead of shiny.
4.) They weren't lying about the transfer-free thing. I can put my face on anything I want (I don't, though; that's weird) and I don't see any beige stuff on the surface later.
5.) They also totally weren't lying about that 15 hour thing. Holy cow. One time I put it on at 6:30 AM, forgot to wipe it off before Zumba class that evening (yeah, I was totally THAT girl), and it was still pretty flawless until I showered it off at like, 8:30.

I only have two semi-complaints:
1.) The pump is fantastic because it's sanitary and my face goes into DEFCON 1 if germs join the party. However, it also pretty much ensures that you aren't going to get all of the product out at the end, which kind of sucks because...
2.) HOLY COW, this stuff is expensive! Well, for me at least. But I guess it's worth it considering this bottle is 8 weeks old and still 1/3 full because I don't have to use much of it.

Also, I keep knocking the bottle off my counter which causes pieces of glass to chip off and hide somewhere in my bathroom, but I'm pretty sure that's just my fault for being a klutz.

Regardless, this works fantastically for MY skin. Your mileage may vary, but I'm in love with it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, dehydrated, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin.
NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

I went with 2.1, the closest match but certainly not a great one. It blended ok shade-wise, there was no obvious difference but it looked slightly off. I really thought this would be what I've been looking for. Long-wear foundations tend to be for oily skin and while my t-zone can get pretty shiny, my skin is too dehydrated to deal with anything even slightly drying so the hydrating claims on top of being long-wearing drew me in. Neither claim was true :(
I tried multiple application methods but all left me with light-med coverage that looked cakey and fake and patchy on dry spots. After applying, as it started to set, it felt very tight. I could feel this just sucking the moisture right out of my skin and sure enough, a quick look in the mirror proved that my face looked like the Sahara. Even Revlon CS doesn't feel like that. Not only was my face dried up, the makeup itself had seemingly disappeared. I know it didn't, I could feel it (heavy!) but there was no sign of coverage at all left.

So, a big fat NO from me on this one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for almost a year and am on my third bottle. I love this foundation. I've tried a couple different things in-between bottles, including Make up forever HD foundation, and Bare Minerals (which I did NOT like). It doesn't feel like makeup is on, it melts right in, no lines or anything. I do use my fingers to apply as I do not like using a brush or sponge. It lasts all day if I use a powder, and about 9 hours without a powder. I would say it is a light-medium coverage, but I can put on two layers for a medium-full coverage, but with powder it is perfect with one layer. I use the smash box primer with it and it works well.
I do not like the packaging. When you get to the bottom, be sure to unscrew the pump and scrape the sides! I had another weeks worth just sitting on the bottom and on the sides. I prefer a squeeze tube for this reason, but it would never be a reason for me to not buy again. One bottle lasts me 3 months. This one has got me hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation wasn't the best for myself. First off my skin is medium oily more like teenage oily but no acne, this foundation claims to be hydrating but made my face so dry. This clung to dry patches and made them look awful & hard to blend out the foundation. The main part that drew me into buying this was it was yellow toned & was long wearing certainly not the price not to mention. The long wear part about this is true it does stay on with it's medium to full build able coverage. The problem with this foundation is I think the smash box company wanted to make it long wearing so there really is no moisturizing affect or oil part about it they just need to find balance between long wear and hydrating. Also another part about this foundation is it can make you a bit flat looking , if you're looking for a more dewy foundation this isn't for you. Last but not least the packaging also drew me in , it had a pump and was sleek looking. But this isn't worth a whopping 45$ revlon colorstay is probably a bit better then this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I really don't have the best luck with high priced foundations. I tried MAC Studio Fix and it broke me out and I tried a Lancôme which was immediately discontinued. grrr. Now I've tried Studio Skin and it broke me out with a lovely cystic under the skin zit. It's big and painful. :( I would also say I was disappointed with the coverage. It took a lot of product to build any coverage. I applied it over a smashbox primer and with a Real Techniques buffing brush. When that didn't work I used my fingers and while I got more coverage, it still left even my lightest acne scars looking very obvious. I guess I'd compare the coverage to Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, the new one, not the old one which I liked. Buildable, but light to medium coverage.

I don't think f my skin as particularly oily, it combo with dryness and an oily t-zone. This stuff disappeared within 4 hours. I checked my face at lunch and it was gone. At least it didn't go patchy. I did apply it with some of the Elf HD powder to help it stay. Nope, no going there. I will say that it works better with a different primer. The MUA at Ulta applied it with a different primer under and while she used at least 3 pumps on half my face, it did last from 3 PM to after 10 PM. I don't remember what she used though and with the breakout(which I suppose could have been the primer even though I'm blaming this based on how many other people ion here it broke out) and disappointing second day performance, I took it back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by jenzie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow! My new HG! I bought this foundation on a whim as I've been on the lookout for a new foundation to replace my beloved Colorstay, which unfortunately is too beige for my skin tone, and no matter how many times I've mixed it with a yellow toned foundation, it's always irritated me! So I checked out some reviews and I read one where they said that it was exactly the same as E.L.D.W before the formula changed, and I loved that foundation! (Oh why oh why did they have to mess around with the formula?!). But it really is similar in all aspects! It's got medium to full coverage - buildable, not cakey, perfect staying power (lasts about 6 hours before I need to touch up my nose area - the only oily part of my face) and the lightest shade is identical to 1W1 Bone - or an NC15. Perfect amount of yellow undertones for my warm but light skin and it doesn't oxidise either which is always a welcome aspect! It applies beautifully with my real techniques expert face brush in downward strokes, then set with my MAC mineralize skinfinish! I love it, thank you Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hibiscus806

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation for about 48 USD (I live outside of the US and have to deal with higher prices).

Pros: The coverage of the foundation is amazing, its is build-able but dries very quickly. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation, redness, and acne marks and this foundation reduces the appearance of it at about 70-80% sans concealer. It is definitely long wearing. I wear make up for long hours (7am - 5pm) and it generally held up.

Cons: It oxidizes on me like crazy! I do not know why. but at about 2-3 hours my face looks so orange. It broke me out, nothing major but I have had a few spots her and there. I don't know if it is the foundation or the combination of primer (smashbox classic photofinish primer) plus this foundation but it made my skin even oiler throughout the day. I have naturally oily skin, but my face has never been that oily! I have never felt the necessity to blot (I could live with a slight shine) but with this one I had to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Miisssyy

Wow.. this is an awesome foundation and one of my favorites! Im always always on the search for a new foundation. I have tried Bobbi, Laura Mercier, Revlon, Tarte, Mac; you name it I have tried it, and this is by far by favorite. I had acne when I was a teenager and still occasionally get a little pimples here and there, my skin is normal to dry, and I have a little hyper-pigmentation-- this covers it all with out looking like i'm wearing a mask. It gives me the beautiful skin I have always longed for. I have worn this for over 10 hours and it still looks great-- even fell asleep with it and it was still awesome after my nap. Its Med- to full coverage you can build it up if you want or play it down-- either way it covers and looks great.. so happy I found this gem! Try it out if you haven't; hopefully it works for you!

** I wore this in the hot hot sun at a baseball game all day, and I thought I would be a hot mess after but this foundation proved me wrong once again...I looked like just put it on!
This foundation is awesome

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyelaineee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, i have dark spots and it covers them really well. The only complaint I have is that once it settles into the skin there's no doing some last minute blending, i have to get some moisturizer and blend it again. Even though I love this product, some people find it "too sticky," so i would definitely get a sample first.