July 31, 2014 | 1972 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Miisssyy

Wow.. this is an awesome foundation and one of my favorites! Im always always on the search for a new foundation. I have tried Bobbi, Laura Mercier, Revlon, Tarte, Mac; you name it I have tried it, and this is by far by favorite. I had acne when I was a teenager and still occasionally get a little pimples here and there, my skin is normal to dry, and I have a little hyper-pigmentation-- this covers it all with out looking like i'm wearing a mask. It gives me the beautiful skin I have always longed for. I have worn this for over 10 hours and it still looks great-- even fell asleep with it and it was still awesome after my nap. Its Med- to full coverage you can build it up if you want or play it down-- either way it covers and looks great.. so happy I found this gem! Try it out if you haven't; hopefully it works for you!

** I wore this in the hot hot sun at a baseball game all day, and I thought I would be a hot mess after but this foundation proved me wrong once again...I looked like just put it on!
This foundation is awesome

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyelaineee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, i have dark spots and it covers them really well. The only complaint I have is that once it settles into the skin there's no doing some last minute blending, i have to get some moisturizer and blend it again. Even though I love this product, some people find it "too sticky," so i would definitely get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm getting closer to finding my foundation HG...in fact, this may be it. I received a sample of Studio Skin so I gave it a try. I'm very impressed. The product applies smoothly and blends well. I find using a damp foundation brush makes for the best application, but fingers also work well too. It feels light on my skin, like I'm not wearing anything. It also feels light to the touch as well, not sticky or oily. Coverage is buildable without looking flat or lifeless. I didn't experience any oxidation: the color I applied is the color I had all day. And boy, does this foundation wear! I didn't time it to see if it was exactly 15 hours of coverage, but it lasted for a full day at an amusement part and again on another day of running errands in hot weather. Didn't need to touch up with powder once on either day. Removing it can be a bit tough because it really lasts, but I use the oil-cleansing method and that takes it off easily.

A couple of minor cons...first, I don't think it's quite as hydrating as they claim. It doesn't dry my skin out but it definitely doesn't replace using a moisturizer or primer beforehand. The price is a little steep too, but it is a quality product so I can live with the cost. Foundation is one of the products one really can't skimp on.

The most difficult thing about this product was finding the right shade. For this foundation, I strongly recommend going somewhere to get color-matched, or shop at/order from a store with a great return policy. The sample shade I was given was 2.3 and too dark (it made me look tan). I went to the Smashbox website and told the Smashbox studio artist that I used to use UD Naked 3.0, and she recommended 2.2. However, 2.2 was still too dark. So I returned it and had a second consult with different Smashbox studio artist and this one recommended 1.2, but that was a little too light--it'd probably be my perfect winter shade, but it won't work at the beginning of June. So I got 2.1, which is perfect. I'm keeping the 1.2 because I'll need it in a few months, and I can blend it with the 2.1.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cathrinel

Did not like this foundation at all! I feel like it's something wrong with the foundation (or me, haha) since everyone seems to love it so much. I want a bit of coverage as I have a few blemishes and acne scars to hide, and this just didn't do the job. The texture is really weird and my skin looked like a mess after I applied it. Also the undertones were way too yellow for me. I had to clean my skin several times to get it off my face as well. However, since it did not work for me, I gave it to my mom, and she seems to think it's ok for her skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was skeptical of this foundation but boy, was I proven wrong.

First, I LOVE the glass pump bottle, it feels both sturdy and high end (although sort of boring-looking). Secondly, I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation is high coverage, skin-like AND buildable! Most high-coverage and long-lasting foundations (Revlon Colorstay, etc.) tend to look and feel heavy on the skin, but this one is super blendable and feels very light on the skin. I apply by either stippling the product on with a damp Beauty Blender or buffing it on with a flat-topped brush. I didn't notice any issues with either method. One layer gives you medium-coverage, whereas a second or third layer on top of trouble areas will give you full coverage.

The finish is ABSURDLY beautiful! The first thought that comes to mind is that it makes my skin look like silk. It has a dewy, skin-like finish, with a bit more glow than demi-matte foundations like UD Naked Skin. It sits well on top of my big pores and easily survives my long work days, although I have yet to try it out for longer than 12 hrs. I am oily-skinned and noticed that I don't have to blot nearly as early as I usually do (noon), only much later in the day. I might come back and edit this review once I figure out how long this foundation actually lasts!

My major complaint about this product is that the shades run both warm and dark, and most of the colors lean toward peach. I'm a very yellow NC25 Asian and the closest shade I could match to is 2.1. 2.1 is neutral-warm with some peachy-yellow undertones to it. It's NOT yellow enough for me and looks a bit too neutral on my skin, but it's passable because it's the right depth of color. 2.2 is darker and has strong peach undertones, while 2.3 is darker still and has yellow undertones. I tried mixing 2.1 with both 2.2 and 2.3 in varying ratios and all the combinations looked a touch dark on me (and still very orange or peach!) so I gave up and stuck with 2.1. (NOTE: This foundation oxidzies in the first minute or two. It goes on ashy and warms up considerably.)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by karlaliz

Okay So after being a loyal costumer of Estee Lauder for over 7 years and after they obvioulsy changed the formula (which is a fact look at the ingredients) I had to find the next best thing or the closest to it. THIS IS it! for those who seek a full cover foundation that doesn't look too heavy this is it! Long lasting and full cover (i use it with a beauty blander or a real technique foundation brush) It looks natural and you don't need layers of it, even without a primer. In fact I've found that without a primer it looks even more natural and still stays put. I have oily skin far from perfect with some dry areas. So i know what I'm telling you and I've used the best foundation out there this one is up there. Not as great as the Original Estee Lauder D.W but my #2. And that good enough for me : )

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I didn't have a beauty blender, I'd honestly probably hate this foundation. As another reviewer said, with dry skin this can look a bitch patchy...but with a damp beauty blender it applies very nicely, with a dewy flawless finish. I'm in the lightest shade but it is still too dark so I have to blend it with another lighter foundation, which is ridiculous considering the price of this. Smashbox foundations have always been dark on me :/

I've spent forever searching for a dewy foundation with actual staying power, and this is the best one I've come across so far. I will def repurchase! Just wish this line catered more to us extremely fair ladies!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this makeup at first. It's a medium but buildable coverage, the color was a deadon match for my skin. But the longer I wore it I noticed how bad my skin got. I mean really dry and cystsic nodules popping up. It got to point that I had to stop and seek help from my dermatologist. After doing a review of the ingredients we figured out it was the sunscreen components of this makeup that broke me out badly. I'm going on 6 weeks now of trying to get my face cleared up with lots of moisturization and Tazorac as a spot treatment, I also have to now use great caution with any makeup with sunscreen in it. I'm very dissapointed in this makeup. The Ingredient list is very comedegenic. Some are "5" on the come scale. Reminds me of MAC makeups. So if you breakout from MAC you may very well breakout with this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

great! good coverage, no caking, and nice shade. shade 1.1 was like nc20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jenaeb09

I love this foundation! I had been using revlon color stay for a while and I really loved it, however my skin started changing and it just wasn't working for me any more. After doing some research I decided to go with the smashbox studio skin and it is so worth the money! I need a full coverage foundation and this does the job! I am shade 2.1 and I hardly need any concealer after I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. It gives my face an airbrush finish and looks flawless! My new HG foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No