October 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not a bad highlighter, it lasts all day and it gives a nice shine, just not to bright. I only have one concern with this product: the color! My skin might be too pale to handle it but it leaves a peachy-beige tint that just looks weird. That is why I am not using it to highlight my face. However I use it almost everyday just on the top of my cupid's bow to give my upper lip a little more volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never used a highlighter before using this, so I had no idea what to expect. It came in my Sephora birthday gift. It's tiny and Benefit cosmetics are super expensive but I liked it. It does exactly what it says it will do, nothing more or less. They should offer it in a range of skin tones though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

Watt's Up is THE perfect highlighter, and I'm a highlighter junkie! I own about 3 powder highlighters, Benefit High Beam, and just generally love highlighters in general. Something about a glowing cheekbone a la Benedict Cumberbatch makes me feel like I was born polishing my cheekbones. The best part is how easy it is to apply and how hard it is to over-do.

With other highlight powders, a slight heavy hand can take you into uncharted glitterbomb territory very easily. You always have to bend your face this way and that way, making sure that any angle you catch is demure and not obvious. Sometimes you walk out of the house thinking you're emitting a natural glow when you're really just a lighthouse for drowning sailors. It's really awkward and then you spend your time trying to smudge some of it off....ugh.

This product can be applied directly from the cutesy wand or taken onto your fingertip and patted onto your high points. I like how it is such a beautiful champagne color that is actually very rosey (read: warm and not ashy) when you see heavy swatches. I think it would work for a lot of skin tones without looking fake.

I don't like the weird foam end of it and rarely use it, but that's okay. The trick to making this look super au naturel is to pat it on little by little rather than sliding it on and then trying to blend out. This is better than High Beam which is just too liquidy and tends to bleed onto your entire damn cheekbone instead of staying concentrated where you want it to be. You can take the wand anywhere unlike a powder set, but you wouldn't need to touch up. It lasts all day even when your face is melting off and you're plotting Batman's death.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had bought this forgetting that I had something similar to it already from vs (the vs product has since been discontinued). the color is somewhere in between a champaign and gold color. it comes off very nice and smooth on the skin. blends very easily as well. this does last about 7 hours or so on my oily skin. this is a great product. the packaging and price are a different story. the sponge end is a bit useless. the price isn't horrible but I feel like I'm paying for the name. the staying power and the pack is what I feel makes this produt expensive. I ended up losing the cap for the sponge as well

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Typically I dislike BeneFit products aside from their mascara. I received a sample of this from Sephora and tossed it in the sample stash drawer. Finally dug it out the other day and wow! The warm champagne color is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. Not flashy and sparkly at all. I like that it's a cream so it blends easily and looks natural, not cakey or powdery. Seems to last most of the day, I am a little oily so my face my may be soaking it up a little towards the end of the day. The price is a little steep for a stick highlighter but I'll be purchasing after my sample runs out. I think this actually holds it's ground compared to my YSl touche eclat and that is really saying something!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I tend to shy away from cream products, since I have oily skin. However, this cream highlighter is lovely. It's a gorgeous shade of soft, warm champagne. It doesn't make me look greasy. Instead, it highlights my face beautifully. It is smooth and creamy, it blends effortlessly into the skin. I like to use my fingers to blend it on the tops of my cheekbones, down the ridge of my nose, and on the cupids bow on my lips. I'm on the fence if I will purchase a full size. Although it is a very nice, $30 seems a bit steep for a cream highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use those white highlighting powders with a primer and it got so oily in a few hours. I was hesitant to buy this because I'm not crazy about BeneFit products... (I've tried my friend's High Beam, but didn't think it was the greatest thing ever). This highlighter is great because there isn't an abnormally glittery line on the bridge of your nose when blended+ it can be worn for a couple of hours. It blends well and is a beautiful color. It suits my tan skin. The sponge tip is useless though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I received a sample of this from Sephora. It is a nicely coloured & pigmented silvery champagne highlighter. It's a *tad* chalky - but this is due to its convenience stick formula. I would say it's got a pronounced frosted finish rather than a natural glow. It's long-lasting and I do like its effect, but to get the effect I want I need to carefully blend whilst checking in the mirror. I won't repurchase this, because I know there are better highlighters out there (in powder form, my preference).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a cute little sample of this as my Sephora birthday gift, and I love it. The sample does not come with the blending end.

First of all, the packaging is adorable. I have this weird attraction towards stick applicators, but I had yet to find something I really like (stick concealers or foundations don't work too well with me) until I found this. The cute decoration of light bulbs on it and the metallic case make it easy to find in my purse.

The champagne color will complement any skin tone. I am very fair, and this gives me a very natural summery shine that looks very nice in photos. It's very light on the skin and doesn't feel sticky/chalky/flaky. I don't really feel the need to reapply either since it stays on for a very long time!

Definitely thinking of repurchasing after using up my itty bitty sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

I love this highlighter. It comes in a tube and has a buttery consistency, so it applies very easily to the skin (NC35). It also does not have a tendency to fade, like other highlighters may. On me, it's lasted through an eight hour day.

I think the only reason why someone may not like this is because the sparkle may be too much. I know that others may prefer a more subtle sheen on the skin. This is definitely a bit louder, looking great in both natural and unnatural settings.

This looks gorgeous under a satin/matte blush. I often apply this in a rounded v-shape underneath my eyes, and around my temples to my brow bone in a c-shape. This will really make your eyes pop in photos!

I have the trial size of this and I'm dreading the day when it runs out, just because I do not think that the packaging on the full size is as cute or nearly as handy. The tube looks too thick to apply it where I usually do without wasting or misplacing a lot of product. I'll update when I do but the full size, just because this highlighter looks so great on my skin I'm sure that it'll be impossible for me not to!