October 1, 2014 | 974 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at my Post Exchange at 22.50 USD. I have had my eye on it for awhile and finally give in and I'm glad I did.
It comes in a really pretty, classy black tube with like a floral and ivory pattern and has the name on the cap.
The wand is a cone shape with the smallest part at the end of the wand making it easy to get into the inner corner of your eyes while the larger end of the brush fans out and separates the lashes on the outer corner.
The formula is a tad drier than your average mascara but I tend to like drier mascaras versus wet ones. This mascara is virtually not able to clump on my lashes no matter how many coats I put on.
I have fairly oily skin and eyelids and this mascara doesn't flake or smudge on me throughout the day. I'm also a contact lens wearer and this doesn't irritate my eyes either.
With a combination of the cone brush and the clump free, drier formula I feel like this mascara really does give me big, doll-like lashes. I love it and will definitely repurchase it when it runs out.
*Update: after finishing my tube, I have decided to explore other options. I did like this mascara but I also like to try new things constantly. I might repurchase but I might not with all the new things on the market all the time*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The brush is awkward. The formula weighs my lashes down and flakes as the day wears on. Terrible. I'm glad I had a sample size because there is no way I would buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lourlou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it in some kind of gift box, and was looking forward to try it. Unfortunately, it did disappoint me. It's just.... not good, and besides that, it's expensive too. I wouldn't buy this. However - the packaging is pretty haha

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got it as a sample, wasn't too impressed.

Kind of clumpy, heavy, and greasy. Added a fair amount of drama but gave a lot of clumps and it also seemed to weigh down my lashes. Additionally, the bottom mascara seemed to smear.

I've used much better formulas for cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

If someone were to ask me what company consistently makes the best mascaras on the U.S. market, my answer would almost certainly be Lancome. Having tried this mascara, though, I might think twice about that answer, because this is frankly one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. CoverGirl Lash Blast has it beat by a mile (or two), along with several other mascaras at various price points, including Lancome's other offerings. I am not so sure just what made this mascara so clumpy from the very first day I opened the tube to the day I threw it away in frustration, but the clump factor made it a true nightmare to deal with...and it wasn't helped by the shape of the brush, which I would describe as a little pine tree (Lancome says it's "cone-shaped"). The brush just doesn't worth well with this overly thick mascara formula, leading to clumps galore. In its defense, I can say that this mascara does not run or flake, and it's a nice dark black. That's where the compliments end.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by laurenevans23

Overall this is a pretty good mascara. It does what its supposed to - it adds volume, lengthens and curls my lashes to achieve a 'doll-like' appearance. However, I think for the price of the product I was expecting it to have the wow factor, and it doesn't. Although it is a good mascara, I think there are others out there for a fraction of the price which can be used to achieve the same look. For that reason, I would not repurchase this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by daisyduke30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a formula that would dramatize lashes and not flake, this was not it. This totally flaked all over my face, i have to look in the mirror every hour to brush them off. It is a really dry formula, making my lashes brittle. My lashes didn't look that dramatized either. Oh, and it clumps!!! For mascara that cost almost thirty bucks...garbage!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by shannenroan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think this masacra is really nice, it doesnt take alot to get the look i want to achieve with Doll eyes, i have quite long lashes anyway and i need more volume. Alot of people say they prefere "drama" however this gives me spider like lashes and i prefer long volumed lashes, but i think its personal preference to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by krsgarcia

A little background info: My lashes are thin, short, pin-straight, and sparse.

I initially bought this mascara with a biased: the design on the tube looked pretty. The price on the other hand, not so much. I was very wary when I purchased this from Sephora; $31 CAD for mascara?! I had buyers remorse after I walked out of Sephora, but my boyfriend urged me to at least try it out before returning it.

PROS:
- The saleswoman at Sephora instructed that when applying the mascara, to do so in a zigzag motion. This separates your lashes.
- It has a nice scent to it, possibly Lancome's perfume sprayed into the formula?
- The cone-shaped brush is able to reach each lash from one corner to the other.
- The bristles on the wand does NOT clump!
- The mascara retains the curl, and it almost looks as if you're wearing demi lashes.

CONS:
- The price. That is all.

Essentially, if this mascara did not deliver I would have returned this in a heartbeat. But for the price you're paying, this is definitely worth every penny. I would repurchase this, but not anytime soon. I'm using this mascara on special occasions, not for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging very very much! This is why I bought this mascara. As far as the result is concerned I wasn't excited. It did provide some length and volume but not much. It was an ok mascara but nothing special. I think that it was too expensive for what it offers.