April 19, 2014 | 1836 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

I was a little hesitant to try this after the Olay Total Effects Dark Circle Minimizing disaster (that product is hideous), but was getting desperate when I used up the last bit of my Bobbi Brown eye brightener (the old version) and finally caved. Bought this in the neutralizer shade, which is about 1 shade lighter than my skin tone (medium beige, BB's Natural). It really is neutral beige...not too yellow, pink, or peachy. My dark circles are not super bad, lean towards a bluish/bruise color, and are easily covered with a small amount of BB's eye brightener or Cinema Secrets concealer. The product is on the thinner side, but sticks to skin well and stays put. I actually like the spongy tip. Its very soft, and glides over skin without tugging. I like it best when there's not a lot of product in the tip, so only crank it 2-3 times to get just a small amount of product. I lightly dot it on in 4-5 spots around my eye, then use the sponge very lightly to blend a bit, including my eyelids, then pat it gently to seal it and blend in any edges. Only takes 30 seconds. It really brightens my eyes, definitely covers the bluish circles, and doesn't crease, migrate, disappear, or irritate at all. Eye shadow goes on smoothly over it and doesn't crease either. I rarely have to use any concealer over this, and it doesn't give you raccoon eyes in pictures. Its a total bargain at $13 since I've been using it for 3 months and haven't made a dent. Also love the ingredient list, which has tons of hydrating ingredients and antioxidants. It also contains octinoxate so if you're sensitive, you should avoid this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by JennStang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this concealer last night, and so far I am loving it. I have tried so many concealers that I haven't been happy with for various reasons. Some I've tried look cakey, while others look nice but don't cover up the slight darkness at the inner corners of my undereye area, then there's the concealers that look great when first applied but mysteriously disappear at some time during the day.

This concealer works great for me, though. It covers well without looking noticeable, has a nice creamy consistency, and doesn't settle into fine lines. It did a pretty good job of covering up my dark areas too. I was very happy to find a perfect color match for my skin; the "fair" color has a slightly pinkish tinge that's perfect for my cool skin tone. I feel like this concealer makes my undereye areas look brighter and more refreshed than any other concealer I've used. I like the applicator on this one as well; it seems to get the concealer on evenly. I do still go back over it with my BeautyBlender though, just to make sure it's perfectly even. This concealer seems to stay on my skin very well too, which is another plus for me. I hate a concealer that just seems to slide off and disappear during the course of the day.

I paid almost $10 for this at Kmart, because it just happens to be close to my house. I'm sure it's probably a little cheaper at Walmart. Even if it wasn't, I feel like this product is definitely worth the price. 2.0oz is a good amount of product for the price, and I think it will last me quite awhile since I'm just using it under my eyes. It's great to find a cheaper concealer that works as well if not better than some of the higher-end concealers I've used! I really hope they continue to make this product for a long time to come; it's definitely one of the best products they've ever made in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best drugstore concealer I've tried in many years!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by adikted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay first off this is exactly the same coverage, color, etc as the Maybelline Double Instant Age Rewind, which was discontinued. The only difference is that the highlighter has been removed and you get more concealing product. I personally found the highlighter part of the old product to be useless so this new version is better.

The product is perfect! It covers beautifully and does not settle into fine lines. Although I do not have wrinkles I do have slight lines under my eyes and this does not bring them out. It doesn't even feel or look like I am wearing concealer.

Pros:

- I used to use Laura Mercier concealer and this works the same way!
- covers redness
- does not settle into lines
- blends well
- perfect color options
- creamy consistency perfect for dry under eye area
- long lasting and does not fade throughout the day
- inexpensive

Cons:

- The sponge tip/cover (I removed it because it doesn't seem hygienic)

Over a 5/5 !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great product for undereye concealing. Like many others I got this due to TiffanyD's review on YouTube. I don't have wrinkles, but do have the beginnings of tiny fine lines around the outer corners of my eye. My normal undereye concealer can get cakey or completely rub off during the day. This concealer really brightens the area and does add some coverage. I wouldn't say it's a full coverage concealer like MAC would be, but the brightening effect is amazing. I've tried other brightening products (Smashbox) and they don't compare. I really like this and would def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is AMAZING. I bought it because TiffanyD just raves about it, and I was really starting to notice my regular concealer (Mac studio finish) settling and creasing under my eyes. I'm only 22, I don't have wrinkles yet but when I smile, my eyes crinkle up, and after a few hours any makeup in that area gets really creasy. Obviously I can't comment on how well it works on older skin or over deep wrinkles, but for the fine little lines I do have, it's perfect. Truly awesome. Doesn't settle, doesn't crease, I don't even need to use a powder over it, lasts alllll day. New HG. Told my mom about it, and she loves it too (and she's 50!) I bought it the lightest shade and it's the perfect color for my syper fair, NW15 skin. Love! The only thing I would change is the applicator... I don't find it super hygenic (it says it's supposed to be anti-microbial, bu still) and I'm not really into gimmicky applicators. I'd prefer it if it was just in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

Wow, I haven't been this excited to write a review in a looooong time. Probably since Maybelline introduced the Instant Rewind Double Perfector concealer, my former HG. Sadly that is discontinued, hopefully Maybelline won't pull another bone headed move again and discontinue this. Word to MU companies, you can have have more than one concealer in your arsenal and you don't need to keep mixing it up.

So, my initial hesitation in purchasing this product to replace the Double Perfector concealer was that I assumed this product was supposed to be a competitor type product to the Garnier anti dark circle roller. Have it like it, but didn't want or need another supplement to that as my circles are so dark I always needed to add concealer on top. Also, sorry girlies, but I ain't going to listen to a concealer review from some YT pop tart that is barely legal to drive with just a smidge of purple underneath her eyes and this was getting so much hype on YT it also turned me off from this. Boy was I wrong...I finally gave in because I was just intigued and had to give it a go. This is in no way like the dark circle roller...AT ALL. This is an excellent standalone concealer for those with truly dark circles!! It is not as runny as the roller, it is liquidy, but creamy. Perfect consistency. It is also an excellent concealer for those of us that...ahem..are victims of the inevitable aging process.

So here is my routine. I use the neutralizer shade 1st. 1 maybe 2 layers depending on how bad my circles look on a given day. Note: They are always bad, but somedays when my daughter wakes me up at 5am I am full on exorcist type scary vs. just normal night of the living dead scary. So this neutralizer has a yellow undertone beware...I have yellow undertones in my olive skin so it works like a charm, if you are pinkie you prob won't like this as much. It covers...alot just right there. But when you got serious circles, you know this is a layering process. One product won't do it all, have yet to see one, and I have tried it all. Then I use the concealer shade in Light on top. Again depending on the day 1-2 layers and I am good. I set with my BE Matte foundation and I am good. No creasing, no settling, not drying. Like I said, nothing can totally cover all my circles, but this combination gives me pretty good full coverage. I was not expecting that really. If its a super duper bad day, I use the 2 concealers and then Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light just to brighten, but that is a rare occurrence these days as the coverage in this concealer is wonderful. Sorry for the novel, but this product I feel really lives up to the hype. I would definitely recommend to those with serious dark circles and fine lines. New HG for me...at least until they discontinue it :)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really loving this concealer so far. the packaging is a bit of a pain, I had to turn it 100+ times to get the product to come out the first time and it takes a dozen or so turns to get more out. Other than that, I like the sponge applicator. I don't use it to blend the product it, only to place it and I blend it with my finger. I have shade 20 Light which works well for my NW20 skin. It doesn't feel dry to me and doesn't settle into my fine lines, it lasts a good long time and is very easy to use. I am always looking for good under eye concealers but I think this one will give others a run for the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I RAN out and bought two of these after reading the reviews here. No luck :( I bought the brightener and the medium shade concealer. The medium is way to dark/muddy for my light skin. I wear no. 2 in YSLs touche eclat and medium in Benefits Erase Paste so that is why I bought this in medium. I cant comment on the coverage/wearability of the med. concealer because i never even put it on my under eye area after swatching it on the back of my hand and seeing how dark it was. I did use the brightener for a few days and it really irritated my eyes. Of course I am careful not to get the product into my eyes when applying but it somehow migrates there throughout the day? I had an eye exam the other day and my eye doctor said my eyes looked irritated. She looked into my eyes with a light and said there was a glittery oil-based film over my eyes. It was from this brightener product I am sure. She gave me an eye wash and I quit using this product immediately. My eyes have been fine ever since. I am going to roll the dice and try this concealer in the fair and light shades next but the brightener went in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sara2008

I love this stuff! I love the packaging, even the sponge at the top is so soft. I do finish blending with my fingers. I have the fair which brightens under eye area.