December 22, 2014 | 1505 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is genius! The sponge applicator is the best thing about this product. Using my fingers would only fade the concealer and not really blend it out like I wanted it to.

The sponge applicator paired with the product inside makes this concealer the best DS concealer Ive tried. It's not too moisturzing nor too overly drying. I was slowly giving up hope in finding a good concealer after trying an almost 13$ concealer from Revlon and only to find the coverage fading within 10 mins and creasing within 5 or less actually.

I shrugged at the thought of having to try a highend concealer after being so dissapointed in many DS ones, because I thought for a sec I'd have to...

Although as my last desperate attempt I saw the ad for this on TV and did the whole why the hell not thing and wow... I'm so glad I did!

I adore this concealer. I love putting it on during my makeup routine, the applicator makes it simple & easy and I love to watch with each *click* my dark circles just fade away and my redness on my eyelids as well.

I light handed dust left over face powder from my kabuki brush on my eyelids to set as a primer & not to crease. As for the under eye area it is not too moisturizing (no creasing) and not too overly drying (no cakeyness or flakes). It has a very impressive balance of both which I thought I'd never find in a DS brand.

I really cannot understand who wouldn't like this. It is great stuff, really. Try it, try it, try it. Cannot recommend this enuff folks. About to buy my 2nd little tube!

Cons: 1 con, you must be CAREFUL on how many clicks you click it for, starting off I was clicking this thing like a hundered times and was being very impatient but burned by own flame I was! The product took its time alright to come out and when it did, there was way too much... It just takes time for it to purge out I guess. I only click it now 3 to 4 times and it does the trick, but you must be patient with this thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I really like this I bought it because i read about it in Cosmo and they said so many good things about it and was kinda skeptical but I'm always looking for a concealer that will top my last. I have this in shade medium I like to use this and use the garnier roller ball concealer under this and they work perfectly together. It hides 90% of the darkness which is good enough for me. it blends in perfectly and doesn't cake which I love that's a constant struggle for me lately everything I've tried has been caking on me and by the end of the work day I look disgusting, which with working in sales isn't the best thing. It's very creamy and I like the applicator I tend to pat it on so I don't rub off the other concealer under it the I blend it in and use the triangle method, so far it's been working like a charm and I've had it for maybe about a month month in a half, I can't complain as of right now I definitely will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by DameEmma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll add my good review to the pile. Well-priced, well-pigmented (not as pigmented as pan-type pastes like Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Benefit), doesn't settle into fine lines, lasts all day. Surprisingly, the dab on applicator is pretty neat. I use my fingers to blend, however. Excellent investment of $8. I use Colorstay foundation in Medium Beige, and chose Light--perfect match. Another MakeupAlley hive mind winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have rashly fair skin that makes my dark circles stand out like crazy, and I've had a hell of a time finding something that would cover them, and stay put on my moderately oily skin. I've had great luck with higher end products, benefit's erase paste was my go-to concealer, but I was running out, and looking for something that would be a little easier on my wallet.

The first time I tried this concealer, I was blown away. It's so easy to work with, and has such great coverage, considering how thin the consistency is. It doesn't budge on my skin (nothing is as unsexy as makeup settling under your eyes) and makes me look wide awake. I usually dread allergy season because it makes my dark circles so bad, but with this as my secret weapon, I won't sweat it any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by I0minutelovesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I typically stick to pricier pan concealers (like Benefit's Boing), but I ran out of product last weekend and needed something ASAP. I'd read some positive reviews of this product, so I took a chance.

The texture here is what's really special. My under eye circles are really dark and quite deep, so I need opacity. A typical doe-foot or brush on liquid concealer doesn't cut it. Age rewind is creamy and thick, but still liquid enough to blend easily. It feels very smooth and soft, too. I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but it doesn't feel dry.

Application is easy and mess-free, too, with the little puff thing. The makeup doesn't come out uniformly, but if you're careful, it's not an issue. You can do about 95 percent of your blending with the puff; I don't use my fingers at all, as I follow up with foundation.

Wear is really great, too. I can generally go from about 8-4 without touch up. After 12 hours, my circles are still lighter than they would be naturally, though not visibly concealed.

This is a no brainer. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

I was a little hesitant to try this after the Olay Total Effects Dark Circle Minimizing disaster (that product is hideous), but was getting desperate when I used up the last bit of my Bobbi Brown eye brightener (the old version) and finally caved. Bought this in the neutralizer shade, which is about 1 shade lighter than my skin tone (medium beige, BB's Natural). It really is neutral beige...not too yellow, pink, or peachy. My dark circles are not super bad, lean towards a bluish/bruise color, and are easily covered with a small amount of BB's eye brightener or Cinema Secrets concealer. The product is on the thinner side, but sticks to skin well and stays put. I actually like the spongy tip. Its very soft, and glides over skin without tugging. I like it best when there's not a lot of product in the tip, so only crank it 2-3 times to get just a small amount of product. I lightly dot it on in 4-5 spots around my eye, then use the sponge very lightly to blend a bit, including my eyelids, then pat it gently to seal it and blend in any edges. Only takes 30 seconds. It really brightens my eyes, definitely covers the bluish circles, and doesn't crease, migrate, disappear, or irritate at all. Eye shadow goes on smoothly over it and doesn't crease either. I rarely have to use any concealer over this, and it doesn't give you raccoon eyes in pictures. Its a total bargain at $13 since I've been using it for 3 months and haven't made a dent. Also love the ingredient list, which has tons of hydrating ingredients and antioxidants. It also contains octinoxate so if you're sensitive, you should avoid this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by JennStang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this concealer last night, and so far I am loving it. I have tried so many concealers that I haven't been happy with for various reasons. Some I've tried look cakey, while others look nice but don't cover up the slight darkness at the inner corners of my undereye area, then there's the concealers that look great when first applied but mysteriously disappear at some time during the day.

This concealer works great for me, though. It covers well without looking noticeable, has a nice creamy consistency, and doesn't settle into fine lines. It did a pretty good job of covering up my dark areas too. I was very happy to find a perfect color match for my skin; the "fair" color has a slightly pinkish tinge that's perfect for my cool skin tone. I feel like this concealer makes my undereye areas look brighter and more refreshed than any other concealer I've used. I like the applicator on this one as well; it seems to get the concealer on evenly. I do still go back over it with my BeautyBlender though, just to make sure it's perfectly even. This concealer seems to stay on my skin very well too, which is another plus for me. I hate a concealer that just seems to slide off and disappear during the course of the day.

I paid almost $10 for this at Kmart, because it just happens to be close to my house. I'm sure it's probably a little cheaper at Walmart. Even if it wasn't, I feel like this product is definitely worth the price. 2.0oz is a good amount of product for the price, and I think it will last me quite awhile since I'm just using it under my eyes. It's great to find a cheaper concealer that works as well if not better than some of the higher-end concealers I've used! I really hope they continue to make this product for a long time to come; it's definitely one of the best products they've ever made in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Best drugstore concealer I've tried in many years!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by adikted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay first off this is exactly the same coverage, color, etc as the Maybelline Double Instant Age Rewind, which was discontinued. The only difference is that the highlighter has been removed and you get more concealing product. I personally found the highlighter part of the old product to be useless so this new version is better.

The product is perfect! It covers beautifully and does not settle into fine lines. Although I do not have wrinkles I do have slight lines under my eyes and this does not bring them out. It doesn't even feel or look like I am wearing concealer.

Pros:

- I used to use Laura Mercier concealer and this works the same way!
- covers redness
- does not settle into lines
- blends well
- perfect color options
- creamy consistency perfect for dry under eye area
- long lasting and does not fade throughout the day
- inexpensive

Cons:

- The sponge tip/cover (I removed it because it doesn't seem hygienic)

Over a 5/5 !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great product for undereye concealing. Like many others I got this due to TiffanyD's review on YouTube. I don't have wrinkles, but do have the beginnings of tiny fine lines around the outer corners of my eye. My normal undereye concealer can get cakey or completely rub off during the day. This concealer really brightens the area and does add some coverage. I wouldn't say it's a full coverage concealer like MAC would be, but the brightening effect is amazing. I've tried other brightening products (Smashbox) and they don't compare. I really like this and would def repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No