Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 1/1/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay I really wanted to like this foundation because I read some reviews and heard it had many great things for your skin in it and also that it was cruelty free (yay!) I also like to have a nice full flawless natural coverage, which I thought I would achieved from this foundation. I thought wrong. The coverage is more of a medium coverage that's not very buildable without it looking VERY cakey. Also, I have SUPER dry skin and I feel like this foundation made my skin even more dry (if that was even possible) and it clung to my dry patches SOOOOOO bad!! I'm pretty sure if someone with oily skin tried this it would be perfect for them because they wouldn't have to worry about dryness and the oil control is phenomenal (I get a bit shiny in between my brows). It also has very nice lasting power!! It just wasn't ideal for my dry skin.

on 1/1/2015 11:16:00 AM

When I sampled this on my hand at Ulta, it looked great. The minute I put it on my face when I got home, I knew I was going to be disappointed. The coverage wasn't very good, especially considering full coverage is in the name. I have very fair skin and large pores. This foundation settled into my pores right away, even though I use a primer, and caused dry patches around my nose and cheeks. I use natural oils (most often jojoba or grapeseed) to moisturize my face, which has dramatically improved my skin. It took a decade to realize that the reason my face would get so oily so fast wasn't because my face was naturally oily, but actually dry/dehydrated and my skin was simply over compensating by producing too much oil. I went from having to blot or powder my face every 30 minutes to being able to wait two or three hours, which is very impressive for me. With this foundation, it completely dried out my skin and was obvious I was wearing it. I had to go back to blotting every 30 minutes. It made my skin look both very dry and oily in the same areas and at the same time, which is not a good look. I couldn't set this or powder my face once without it looking cakey and drying it out even more.
I did realize a few days later though, it wasn't AS bad if I went a little light on this stuff but I personally need a heavier coverage due to my large pores, because I've yet to find a primer that completely evens out my face. Aloe vera has surprisingly worked the best so far.
I forgot to get a new foundation before New Year's Eve. Working 60 hour weeks made it hard to immediately take this stuff back. So I sent my husband to the Ulta to trade this in for another foundation I read about while I got ready. When he called to tell me they were already closed, I sent him to Target to get me the Revlon Color Stay instead, which is way better and cheaper than this stuff.
I'm sure this foundation would look great or at least decent if you already have great skin, on the oily side. Like I said, it looked great on my hand. But for me, this was not worth the money and even if it was cheaper, I still wouldn't buy it.
Fail.

on 12/29/2014 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got a sample, and not even two hours after applying it I got myself a nice looking cystic pimple right on my chin. :D I don't get cystic acne...

Sign. The search for a foundation continues!

Despite it breaking me out from just a sample, the texture is really creamy and interesting, I would have to learn how to buff that into my skin properly, but I actually liked it. No odd scents and nice coverage. Recommend for those who have less sensitive skin.

on 12/26/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am a nw15 I use the shade Ivory, I have extremely dry skin but this foundation does not dry my skin out or look cakey, maybe it's duo to I live in a high humidity country that's why it still works for me as I have heard it's made for oily skin. It doesn't oxides on me, I do think this foundation doesn't have a good color range, the shades are always either too yellow or too orange, I don't really found a shade that is pink undertone tbh

on 12/26/2014 9:04:00 PM

Got a sample of this with my Ulta purchase. Strange, thick texture. It blended in pretty well, but it felt like it would make my skin break out (yeah - pushing 60 & still have oily skin! ). I wouldn't buy this.

on 12/20/2014 3:46:00 PM

This foundation is really heavy and it really is full coverage. I didnt have any problems with it breaking me out but I do not recommend this for fair/porcelain skin tones. Even in the lightest shade its about 1-2 shades too dark, Im equivelant to NC10 (almost nc5 in winter) and the lightest shade is more like nc20. Just a warning for your light skinned folks : ) I wore this long enough to get a feel for it but after that I had to throw it away because the shade just wasnt working for me.

on 12/14/2014 2:30:00 AM

This is a review for this foundation in the colour Fair. I am NC 15, with dry + combination skin.

This foundation is $38USD in Sephora, with 50mls of product! Very good deal in my opinion. It has a very thick formula, and is very pigmented. I use a pea size amount for my entire face, and it is easily medium coverage, with a little more product, it is truly full coverage. It looks very natural too, even on my dry skin, it does not cling to dry patches as I thought it would. The texture feels and looks like mousse, and it spreads easily across my face. The one thing I very much love it for, is that it stays looking fresh and pretty throughout the day! it doesn't oxidize or separate. It remain looking freshly applied, and the coverage stays as well.

It has not scent, which is a big plus. Also it contains SPF 15, and all the sunscreen in here are zinc oxide and titanium oxide, with no chemical sunscreen. If you have sensitive skin, this is great choice for a lightly SPFed foundation.

I have filmed a review of this with a close-shot demo of how it looks like on the skin, if you are interested, you can click on it. I also compared to the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory, and I think Tarte wins the battle!

on 12/11/2014 8:55:00 PM

The only other foundation that doesn't oxidize on my skin and is a perfect color match is the ELDW.
I really love this one because:
1. the consistency is very creamy but not drying at all (I have combination skin toward drier in the winter)
2. It applies very easily
3. It is not as full coverage as the ELDW, but it smooths and brightens my skin very nicely (I have light sand).
4. Tube is fine.

It is moisturizing at least for me and my skin glows when i wear it, it just really looks very natural and velvety.

It doesn't last 12 hours, but except for the ELDW, I haven't found any other that lasts that long --without a primer or setting primer anyway.

And it doesn't attenuate fine lines at all, I just love this one.

on 12/7/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing. so in love with this foundation. full coverage but it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.

on 12/7/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Tarte! All there products are great! This foundation was the one ive been searching for going on years now haha. A nice creamy, full coverage stay all day foundation. I have light sand color and it matches me beyond perfect. It comes out so air buffed into my skin and covers any acne or redness i have using only a little product. Other reviews say it causes oily skin? some days when i wear it though i do get a little oily around my nose after about 9 hours of wear its no big deal, Apply some powder and good as new. Usually that isnt the foundations doing but my own for not applying my clinique 3 step that morning! Its also nearly double the amount that a other brand foundation gives you in a bottle (1 oz) tartes is 1.7 oz. so you get alot of product for your buck! try this you will love it. And if oil issues occur try using a toner and moisturizer before applying it may help!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom