BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I must be on my 4th or 5th tube of this mascara, I like to try out different ones in between with varying success but I always end up going back to this which speaks for itself I guess. Mixed reviews on here but personally I really like the brush - I find the little ball on the end helps me get to the lashes right in the corners and is good for bottom lashes, and the formula makes a real, noticable difference to my lashes compared to others I have tried. As with all benefit products it is probably a little overpriced - your paying a bit extra for lovely packaging which is unnecessary but still, girly and nice to have and so I'm usually happy with that as long as the product inside is still good! I'm sure I will continue to repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

There are 1000's of reviews on this mascara so my opinion probably doesn't matter. So here goes. First of all, I like this mascara for the most part. The brush is tricky and as one reviewer said, it does resemble a medieval torture device. That being said, it does take some practice to get used to this brush. I admit I have poked myself in the eye a few times trying to reach the inner corner lower lashes. There is also the glop factor. It does deposit glops of product at times so quite often I have to wipe the end of the brush off which in turn does waste some of the mascara. It is semi-buildable. But it's a fine line between full voluminous lashes and clumpy spider legs. With practice, I have been able to get the full look without looking like a tarantula. I do love the dark pigment. It makes my lashes look dark. The price is expensive. Yet I have repurchased this at least twice because I do like how it works when I get a new tube of it. Be aware though, I have noticed slight flaking at the end of the day. It seems to work better with a new tube but after a couple of months the formula becomes drier and seems to flake more. I wouldn't say it's HG and in fact I am still searching for the perfect mascara but I like it enough to use it interchangeably with other mascaras.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ugh...I wanted to love this mascara SO badly. The wand is amazing - it gave me the fullest, yet most feathery, separated lashes I've ever had with a mascara. The only problem is that the formula is extremely smudgy and flaky after a few hours. I not only had raccoon eyes (despite my dry eyelids), but also big clumps breaking off. I went a little light-handed with the product, so at the very least, I shouldn't have had pieces flaking off. I thought a waterproof formula might be less smudgy, but alas, they don't make one for this exact product. I also found the formula to be difficult to remove, which is another bummer for me. This promptly went back to Ulta. Very disappointing indeed.

When I first used this mascara I loved it! The brush is a small comb that has small hairs that are spread apart so you don't end up with clumpy eyelashes which I love. I think it does a good job at lengthening your lashes. But when I take it off the product tends to sting my eyes a little and I don't like the price too much. I found a dupe for it that's much less. If you can spend the money than sure it's a good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Thank God I didn't pay full price for this mascara. It definitely is not worth it. I received a smaller version in my Birchbox and have been trying it out for about a week now. It does separate your lashes, and yes may add a little volume but that is where it ends. After a work day, I noticed where it has flaked, and smeared on my upper lid. And even worse, my lashes have been coming out more with this mascara than even the cheap NYC brands. The term "you get what you pay for" isn't always true as in this case. Save your money. There are better drugstore brands that perform better than this.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I like the way it separates my lashes. The wand is great, it gets to the inner corner lashes. There's no smudging and it lengthens my lashes. my only complaint: it doesn't much for volume

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've seen a lot of hype about this product and I was just entirely underwhelmed by it. I want my mascara to do it all, without smudging or getting all over my face, and They're Real just didn't do it for me. The formula is too wet for my preference and the applicator is mildly terrifying - every time I use it, it takes me forever to apply because I'm busy trying to not stab myself in the eye with the wand. With a couple of coats the result is pretty good, but nothing mind blowing or fantastic. I don't mind spending the money on a high-end mascara if it preforms well, but I feel like there are better (less dangerous) products available at the drugstore.

I really love this product simply for the brush. I am a strong believer most the time in not buying high end mascaras just because I find no point when drug store mascaras work just as great for way less.

The reasoning for a lower rating is because although I love the brush and the mascara works great, for me this mascara dries out soo quickly for me. I have others that last me until I need to get new ones and this one usually dries out within a month!

Benefit is a great brand but I don't see myself repurchasing this mascara anytime soon.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara gives ALOT of drama to your lashes! I LOVE the look it gives! The only reason I gave it an overall score of 4, is because it flakes under my eyes, smudges a little, and sometimes I can feel it in my eye. I do think this mascara is AMAZING, but I would expect it to be perfect by the end of the day, considering the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There was a great hype with this and i bought the sample size to try it out since the regular one was quite pricey.

It tried on a few methods of applying :

1) my usual method which is two coats - It works fine like so , nothing special but my lashes aren't as curly like the maybeline one.

2) the method taught by benefit's - it was SOOOO clumpy and my lashes looked like the legs of spiders but if this is the look you want the achieve then this is the product for you.

Popular Mascaras