November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

I thought this was okay until I tried Urban Decay's Perversion mascara, which kicks BeneFit's butt! This is not bad, but does tend to clump on me a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by bridgetcowles

I've previously said that the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara was my holy grail but I take that back.

I was given a small sample of this product when I purchased some other items from Benefit and I fell in love instantly.

This mascara does exactly what it says it's supposed to do and works really well on my lashes as they are already naturally long and thick.

The only downfall of this product is it's price (NZ $43) and it's availability (there's only one Benefit counter in NZ) so I have to buy it online and pay for shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kris11842

The best mascara I have tried so far, I purchased mine on this app on my phone, I wanted to try it first before getting one from Sephora so I bought it used, it is REALLY good and everything as described. This is great. Will definitely buy again. Makes lashes appear longer and adds length and volume. Awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't like this mascara. You'd think that with all the hype this mascara would be the one mascara that will change my life. No. This mascara makes my lashes clumpy and droopy and everything I don't expect coming from this product. I was told to apply it on clean lashes. And boy did I clean mine like I've never cleaned my lashes before. Pretty sure I've scrubbed half of my lashes. And it still didn't work. Now I know there's no such thing as perfect mascara that caters to everyone's needs, but with a price that goes that much I'm pretty sure I can demand a lot more. Good thing I decided to get the sampler size first. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by triplejjj

love this mascara ! it doesn't clump up your lashes, very easy to work with, finishes with a very natural look. so probably not ideal for those that want a dramatic lashes finished look. Although I feel like it works better when the tube is almost running out, because the less the better, the more natural etc.
i love benefit packaging. can't remember the price for this but im pretty sure its on the pricey side, but defs worth it ! defs repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Wizkid12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is super! The small brush is meant for length, meaning you would need another mascara for thickness (assuming that's what you want, if not disregard the second mascara) it really makes your lashes longer, and since no mascara really makes lashes longer and thicker, I use Size Queen from too faced. I've found that two work the best. As the small tip equals longer, the thicker tip equals more fullness. But altogether it's an amazing product, this is my third purchase of it. As for application I usually coat twice, and I start at the base wiggling the brush upwards towards my tips and then for the second coat I only focus on the tips and a little further down the tips.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by catwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't like this at all. Makes my lashes flat, mixture is really clumpy and doesn't last very long. I love benefit but I feel like I've wasted my money with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jmad122

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this mascara for The first day or so. Then, I developed itchy eyes. It became a horrible allergic reaction. I don't have sensitive eyes, so I'm not sure what the ingredient is, but it was awful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by spunj

I bought this mascara in the US as it was so much cheaper here and out of the three times I've used it so far I'm far from disappointed. I have very thick black hair but disappointingly fine lashes that grow stick straight and downwards. Most mascaras have very wet and very heavy formulas that weigh them down therefore making it hard for my lashes to hold a curl. I'm also crap at applying false eyelashes and when I do manage to get them on well they look horrible and just... fake.

So I bought the mascara. And I went home, curled my eyelashes and applied it. The other one that I currently use it L'Oreal's Voluminous which was doing a great job so I wanted to see if this one could top it. And it did. The L'Oreal one did weight my lashes down a but but They're Real was so light and I could pile on layers upon layers and my lashes wouldn't look like spider legs. It also had great staying power even in the heat and humidity of Texas and when I checked on it after my first full day of wearing it my eyelashes were as curly as when I first applied it and there was little to no smudging which surprised me as my eyelids are oily and I tend to squeeze my eyes a lot when I blink. This staying power does make it difficult to remove which is why I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars but nonetheless, this product is great. Maybe not for everyone judging by some of the other reviews here but I still do recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by coco2006

I have short thin lashes and this mascara is absolutely the best I have ever used. As you age, your lashes become brittle so I use Loreal Makeup remover and go over the lashes a couple of times and the mascara comes right off. The mascara holds up all day long. I love it.