BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1983 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 2/1/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to mascara. Very buildable (hence, you can go for natural-looking lashes to dramatic), voluminising and lengthening. I love that I did not have to choose between voluminising and lengthening, as this one does both! Some have remarked that this is rather a challenge to wash off; well, my experience has been quite the opposite. Maybe I say this in comparison to the other mascara I use: Diorshow Blackout. With They're Real, I manage quite well with soap and water. Really happy with this one!

on 1/31/2015 7:38:00 AM

My main issue with it: it makes my lashes SO SO hard like nothing i've seen before! And that's not something i usually notice in a mascara. But with this, it was unbearable, and it took me 3-4 uses to realise it. Whenever i touch my lashes or lightly scratch my eye it HURTS! That's how hard it makes them, like cement! It is hard to remove and i lose at least 4-5 lashes every time i do so (and i use a foaming cleanser mind you, so no rubbing included....i can't imagine what a nightmare this must be if you use a cotton pad or wipes)! So in that kind of rate i lost A LOT of lashes while using this. I visibly had LESS lashes! No, thank you.

It t did give me a lovely and almost fake result! I absolutely loved the effect it gave. But i stoped using it for the reason i mentioned above!

If it was more affordable i would consider having it for more special occasions, like nights out, but it's too expensive to have it just for that.

on 1/30/2015 2:00:00 PM

Absolutely amazing!! The best mascara I have ever used and I have repurchased a number of times. I've read a lot of negative reviews on here but I find this mascara works best when layered with another with is a bit annoying for the price but worth it because it's amazing! The other mascara I've always used is a Rimmel one and applied They're Real straight after giving a curled, long, dark amazing black finish :). My favourite go-to makeup product!

on 1/29/2015 4:21:00 PM

Hands down, the best mascara I've ever used. It lengthens and darkens lashes beautifully, combine it with a curler and you literally get a doll look. Packaging is nice too although I've never really cared about that.
Only problem is the price - it is a lot more than I would like to pay for a mascara. I think it's worth it though. I've re-bought several times. Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this a few years ago and thought it was amazing, but upon returning to the product this month, I'm finding it a struggle to use. The brush catches my eyelid and makes it quite sore, and the product tends to clump my eyelashes together if I try to use a curler about ten minutes after application. It also dies out something wrotten on my lashes, making it hard to top up later in the day, and I find it goes a bit bitty throughout the day and leaves little black bits under my eyes! Wouldn't purchase again for the price!

on 1/28/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely NOT my favorite and NOT worth the price.

on 1/28/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush is nice. The product is in my opinion overrated. The product did not perform for me. Cheap promises! The mascara does not hold the curl and no 'oomph' effect. A no go for me.

on 1/26/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this. I bought this last year and when I first put it on I really loved it. Made my eyelashes long and full but after using it a few weeks I had problems... Problem number one is taking it off. What a MESS you absolutely need a good makeup remover to get this off. Every time I shower or water hits my face it immediately runs all down my face and I have to literally scrub my eyes with makeup remover to get this off. I also found that it dries out on your lashes really quickly which makes it hard to apply multiple coats. There are better mascara's out there. Don't fall for this one!

I received a sample of this from sephora and it has got to be one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. I usually curl my lashes after applying mascara because I find that it holds a better curl. This mascara practically glued my lashes to the curler and I had a lot of difficulty freeing my poor lashes. Despite my efforts the curl didn't last an hour. Next I tried to curl them first and then apply mascara but that didn't work either. mascara is clumpy beyond belief

on 1/24/2015 10:42:00 PM

I switch off between this and DiorShow mascara, but lately I've been buying this more because I can't find DiorShow in a travel size year round. I've only noticed it available during the holiday months. I try to buy the travel sized versions of mascara because although I use it every day, I've noticed that normal sized mascara (of any brand) would go bad and start to smell funky before my usual three month disposal. They're Real travel size sells at Sephora for about $10 (USD). My only requirement of mascara is that it gives me volume. I'm Asian, and if you can't see my eyelashes in pictures with the help of mascara, then I don't buy it again. Thickness doesn't matter as much to me, but with They're Real I get both! I love it. Please note, I don't think that it lengthens, but again, that's not a priority for me. Definitely a HG product for me.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products