October 1, 2014 | 1278 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by doesitcomeinblack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am unimpressed with this mascara. The formula is very wet and leaves my lashes clumpy no matter what I do. It takes ages to dry and gets visibly crusty when it does. It's messy to apply and I always end up having to clean up all around my eyes, especially since it takes forever to dry and gets everywhere when I blink. It adds a medium amount of drama but I don't even like having attention drawn to my eyelashes when they're a clumped, crusty mess.

It feels like Elmer's school glue going on to my lashes and dries to feel like superglue. This makes it a pain and a half to remove. Each eye requires at least 3 cotton balls loaded with makeup remover and even then I still wake up with mascara smudged under my eyes.

The brush has some really cool features, though. I love the spikes on the end of the brush because it helps me make sure I'm coating every single lash and catching the ones on the outer corners. The packaging is nothing special but it's not ugly or especially childish looking so I have no real complaints there.

This mascara works best for me when I layer it over Benefit Bad Gal (another unimpressive Benefit mascara). I'm glad that I only got the sample sizes because I definitely won't be going back for more. Right now I'm working on finding a drugstore mascara that works for me because there is simply no way to justify selling a mascara for over 20 dollars when there are much better options being sold for 8.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by hgotsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is way too wet, your have to try and stop yourself from blinking for ages, it smudges way too easily and the bristles are too far apart so all it does to me is make it look as though I have about 5 lashes as its such a wet consistency, my lashes all stick togther.

I will be sticking with my Maybelline Great Lash forever more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by fairynah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is great for lengthening lashes but not for volumizing.. I used my mac mascara first for volume followed by this to my lashes longer.. What I like it is that it's easy to remove..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by rachferg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Junk. Such junk! Bristles are to long & separated for the wand to make a difference. I was hoping this would rival the rocket to restore my faith in higher end products, but drugstore products are reigning supreme the past couple years! Sorry, not sorry!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Claudiakao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the formula, it is a bit wet when first use but it's still a good and very black consistency. however, I do not like the plastic bristles, I think each individual bristle is too long and far between to properly deliver the mascara to the lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cinnamongingersnaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A very wet formula that took ages to dry. It doesn't lift, curl or volumise. It just darkens the lashes, but doesn't do much else. It's not suitable for Asian eyes, as the brush is too big and unwieldy.

It also smudges like crazy, if you wear contact lenses and need to put eyedrops, definitely stay away from this.

I would go back to the ZA Killer Volume mascara that costs 40% less, only needed two coats to volumise and holds the curl like a dream. I live in the Tropics with extremely high humidity, The ZA one does not smudge even for a whole day in the sun with the terrible heat and humidity, They're Real! mascara can't even last me a day in the air-conditioned comfort of my office or shopping mall without smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

Best mascara ever. It gives excellent length and separation. It's quite pricey but worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is okay, but I prefer Benefit's BADgal mascara to this one. The formula is really heavy on my lashes. It gives a nicely dramatic look (good length and volume) but I just don't like the BULKINESS of it. And I love a dramatic mascara, but this one just goes on a little too thick for my liking.
No problems with flaking or smudging. Doesnt clump either. This isn't so horrible that I won't finish up the tube, but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

this is one of my all-time favourite mascaras, it provides excellent length! volume! and it does not clump or irritate the lashes, if you put enough layers on it provides the look of false lashes to some extent! the best property is defintley the length and volume! the only minor problem i have is now that ive had it for quite a while i find its drying out making the application less effective and it does not look as volumous and lengthy! however it never fails to make my lashes look full and long! this is a brilliant mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works more as a everyday natural look. Gives good length, some volume, lifts and holds curl. I don't have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes either. Being available in mini sizes is also a plus point for me because although I do have some favorite I rarely repurchase these days as there are so many mascara out there to try. So smaller tube, shorter commitment.

Personally I'm a fan of super dark, dramatic lashes with lots of volume and this mascara lacks the oomph so I probably wouldn't repurchase.