September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by annisas99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm just at awe at the amount of hype this product gets. I got this as a gift and was initially very excited because of all the great reviews it had gotten. All I can say is meh. Doesn't do a great job. My lashes are average; not very thick and not long at all. I can get a better result from a cheap Maybelline mascara. It also clumps a lot. My tube of this stuff also dried up super quickly and I was left with even more dry clumpy lashes. It definitely isn't worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample from Sephora. My lashes curled nicely with one coat but clumped together with a second coat. Seemed to lose the curl within a few hours and looked even more clumped. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because i heard it was the best mascara in the store. I was disappointed because it didn't hold the curl on my eyelashes. They became straight and it seemed like i had no mascara on. I probably didn't know how to use the brush. It was not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by zetsuboukatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have many eyelashes, but Benefit succeed in creating such a hype around their products that my Mum bought one, a woman who would usually spend no more than 5 on mascara. She said she thought it was really good, but then said it was no better than any other mascaras she'd used. I got a mini of it in a set and everytime I try it, the formula is so wet that I get black smudges on my upper lids, and it will always clump on either the first coat or the second. Very overhyped...
If you usually use bristle brush or volumising mascaras, I would definitely recommend trying a plastic wand mascara from Maybelline first! I'm going to try the rocket to see if I get on any better with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

I got a sample size of this mascara and I've used it a few times, but I won't be buying the full size. I have sparse straight asian lashes and I just find that this mascara clumps them up after like 3 swipes. I've tried wiping off the product, using a different wand etc but it still has the same affect. I also need to curl after application since it makes my lashes flop back down after I put it on. It would probably work better on someone with stronger lashes. The only good thing I can say about it is that it actually lasts better on my oily eyelids than some of my waterproof mascaras like maybelline falsies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Josefinegr

This was a mascara i was so exited to buy because many people said it was the best mascara they ever bought and it's the most sold product on sephora. So I bought it at sephora for a very high price and I was so happy. I tried it and I got so mad because it was like any other mascara in the drugstore! I wanted to love this mascara but I couldn't. It was doing the job a mascara should do but it was nothing special about it. I like that the end of the brush cause it makes you get the lashes in the inner part of the eye. But I would not buy this again. I would rather stick to my maybelline New York the rocket mascara instead or my lumene blueberry curl insted. I don't think this product should be so hyped its like any other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by piggygirl6487

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed the volumizing and lengthening aspect this mascara had to offer. When I have a party or a family dinner I will always use this, but day to day no. It's rough on my lashes and is a mother to remove at night, I always lose at least 2 lashes. The price for it is understandable since it's benefit. I will definitely use this wand for another tube of mascara once this one runs out (the mascara wand is the best part).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara, personally.
It IS a little bit on the dry and flaky side, but I have oily lids so that's actually alright for me. It's definitely long wear! This stuff will NOT come off, unless you take it off!

Some people (like me) have the bad habit of rolling their mascara off their lashes. DON'T do that with this one. You'll lose all your lashes that way. LOL (I learned the hard way)

Using an oil-based remover it comes off just fine though. I use LUSH's Ultrabland, but Lumene works as well, it's $6 from Ulta if you don't want a LUSH price tag. : p

Don't sleep with this stuff on, either. It'll dry your eyes out and make them itch, especially if you have allergies like me!

All in all, maybe it's not an HG mascara, but definitely the best one I've tried so far! :) Looks Great! Lots of drama and flare. Definitely lengthens, volumizes, darkens, does everything it says.

5/5 Lippies! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sarahnicolette

I first got this as a gift, I was really excited to try this because everyone was raving about it and how good it was! I would always see this product in Sephora and I would always want to buy it but it was quite expensive as a mascara in my taste, so I stuck with the drugstore mascaras that worked quite well.

I got the full size as a gift from a friend, and when I tried it out I was kind of disappointed. I would not recommend this mascara for people who's eyelashes grow straight down, and aren't curly at all. I spend a while curling my lashes because for me it's a vital part in my makeup routine to do this in order for my mascara to look good. A few seconds after applying Benefit's They're Real Mascara, my curl drops immediately. This mascara does plump up my lashes and it gives a tiny bit of extra length, but for holding the curl it is not great at all. The only way for my curl to hold a little longer is if I blow dry my eyelashes for a few seconds after applying the mascara, while adjusting the curl. In conclusion, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO PEOPLE WITH LASHES THAT GROW STICK STRAIGHT DOWN. For people who have naturally long, curly eyelashes this would be a good product because this does not clump, or flake and it does voluminize. This product did last, but like I said it didn't hold the curl. The smell is normal, the texture is smooth and glides on your lashes easily . I would not buy this again as it did not work for ME, but it may work really well for you.
I think I'll just stick with the drugstore mascaras for now. (Maybelline Cat Eyes, Maybelline the Falsies Flared) Also, waterproof mascaras are really good for holding a curl. Maybe Benefit should make a waterproof version for this mascara.
( a good high end mascara is Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by vballgirl8981

This product doesn't do anything over the top for me, which is why I would not repurchase it after I run out of the sample I got from my Sephora birthday gift. Yes, they make your lashes look nice and pretty, but the same look can be achieved using drugstore mascaras that are alot cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that $27 for a mascara is overly expensive, I'm jsut saying that for this mascara, I don't exactly think its worth it. The one thing i do not like about this mascara is that its really hard on your lashes. at the end of the day even with my waterproof makeup remover, it's still a bit of a hassle to remove. But this could be because I use mascaras that have ingredients that help strengthen your lashes and all, like the Almay one. It's waterproof but easy to remove with remover, it makes my lashes voluminous and lengthens them and the price is great around $10 at a local drugstore. Don't get me wrong, but this product, Benefit they're real is a great mascara but personally I would not repurchase this product.