Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an ok mascara, but I found it quite clumpy. I don't use it anymore as I've found that other mascaras work better for what I want (definition without clumps).

on 6/15/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've had one hit and one miss with this mascara. The first tube I bought was amazing, went on perfectly, didn't clump/spider, dried quickly and didn't smudge, though it was a a bit dry/solid and I'm assuming it had been on the shelf for a while. The second tube I bought is more liquid and seems fresher, but now it smudges terribly if I don't give it at least 2 minutes to dry and clumps worse than almost any other mascara I have ever tried. If the second tube had been like the first I would have given it a higher rating. I'm still willing to give it one more repurchase before I give it a definite yes or no.

on 5/30/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this mascara. My favorite from the drug store. I have short asian eyelashes that grow straight down and this mascara keeps the curl all day and gives great length. However, does not give as much volume as I'd like but it's definitely buildable. However, when reapplying, I don't recommend you let it dry completely. Overall, great product. Been using this in the waterproof form for several months.

on 5/27/2013 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This used to be my go-to mascara. I used it for many photoshoots. But that was about the point where the usefulness ended. This isn't really an all-day kind of deal. Sure it looked great at first. I was able to build up some pretty dramatic length and volume. But after a couple hours, the volume is totally gone and it starts flaking off. You could keep reapplying it but then you get really clumpy lashes. Some girls like that. I dunno. This was probably the first product I used with a stylized brush. I liked the swoopy curve, Great coverage with that, I was very impressed. But that's a common feature now. I think I probably would have had better luck with the waterproof version, but both times I went to buy this stuff I couldn't find it. Probably because the packaging is all so similar!!! Last time I went to look at the display of this, there were at least six different very slight variations in packaging that made absolutely no sense whatsoever!!! I despise Maybelline's packaging!!! Ugh. Never again. I hated having the fallout from this mascara all over my face for just a couple hours of beautiful lashes. Constantly running to check it and reapply is not my thing. If the company made it easier to distinguish between the different kinds, I'd give them a try. But for now, I'm done. Not going to buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me just begin by saying... I am very easy judging when it comes to different makeup products however, this has to be the WORST mascara I've ever tried in my life! And I have tried a good variety of different mascaras. This is so clumpy and such a dry formula, it dried in so little time that it was already flaking off before I tried to apply a second coat..

I'm not a fan of the spider lashes but I know people who like the look on them and I know a few people that can actually work it, but it looks crazy on me, and I prefer lashes that are not all clumped together or super black, and this did just that. I normally buy the blackest black of all mascaras but this was just way over the top for me. I love the regular falsies by Maybelline but the falsies flared were just horrible .

on 5/25/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this without properly consulting MUA....needed a mascara, was overwhelmed, took my chances. I wanted to find something a little cheaper than my go-to, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes.I like thick lashes and thought the brush would deliver, especially since I like curved brushes, but nope. Falsies? Apparently the name refers to its false claims, and not to any similarity to false lashes. Oh and it flakes. And the worst part: the smell! Like when a pen explodes or when red wine goes bad. I can smell it for a long time after I apply it. Might have to return to Beauty Tubes for a few extra bucks.

on 5/19/2013 2:42:00 PM

Love love love. The only mascara I've ever repurchased. Long fluttery eyelashes with out clumping or spiders

on 5/18/2013 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is my HG mascara. I cannot leave my house without mascara so I have tried quite a few since I am basically a mascara junkie! I like this flared version better than the regular one because of the brush. I feel like it works better for me. I have fairly long lashes and I just need something to give me some volume. This mascara applies easily, the formula is very wet. I think the best way to use this is to apply ONE very good coat. Take your time applying the coat and get it right the first time. I think if you try to apply more coats, it may get a little clumpy. I also throw this out as soon as it shows signs of drying out, because it definitely gets clumpy then. I'm on my 4th or 5th tube already!

on 5/13/2013 10:42:00 AM

Gives long looking lashes. Does not really add a ton of volume.

on 5/8/2013 8:39:00 PM

What can I say? I'm a mascara junkie addicted to Maybelline

Price: $7 CAD
Formula: wet, not really goopy
Length: very buildable; falsies effect
Volume: after 4-5 coats, dramatic
Wear time: all day

Even the original formula is slightly waterproof, as in, it won't smudge into raccoon messiness upon contact with water. Very black and not so much your no-makeup look type, if you're into that type.
As the formula is wet, let it dry overnight or two for maximum effect.