Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Maybelline always seem to have awesome mascaras. They are great value for money, and are by far better than some of the more expensive ones I have tried.
I recently bought the Volume Express The Falsies, Flared after my original The Falsies mascara ran out. The Flared version is even better in my opinion, it still goes on nicely and doesn't clump, but it looks a lot more natural. It barely looks like I am wearing any mascara, and yet my eyelashes look fantastic.
Added bonus is that it is easy to remove and I don't wake up with it smeared all over my face. It might not be the most awesome mascara out there, and I do have naturally long, full lashes so that probably helps a lot. But for the price, I have to say, I love this mascara!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara did not work for me. The mascara does not apply evenly, leaving me with clumpy lashes. My worst problem with this mascara is that it flakes through out the day. After about a week of using it, I threw it out.

on 4/23/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this. But I really like the huge brushes in mascara, ie Revlon Grow Lucious, which no one else seems to care for.

Very volumising, and does what it says it will, flares out lashes. I'm not huge on the curved brush, but its not difficult to work with...cough cough, I'm looking at you Colossal Cat Eyes.

I say try it if you like big brushes. Minimal fall out and great mascara.

on 4/8/2013 12:06:00 AM

I didnt like this at first because im used to straight mascara brushes. This works for my lashes. I've never owned any curved brushes before and glad that the curved side hugs and gives my medium length lashes a lift. I get alot of length and some volume. For the price of $5.04 + tax and formula I would definitely repurchase!

I thought I really liked this product, but after a while of usage I have decided that I do not. After one coat it clumps pretty easily and it will only extend your lashes to a minimum. Not bad, but not the best.

I expected too much on thus product. It helps curl my lashes but let it go into weird directions. Also, the formula smells weird. Only gives a bit of volume.

on 4/1/2013 4:31:00 PM

i love this mascara totally makes my lashes look like falsies. love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I purchased the Maybelline Volum Express Mascara and was extremely disappointed. After two coats on my naturally long lashes, I noticed throughout the day how uncomfortable the product was becoming on my lashes. It just made my lashes brittle, and washing it off at night proved so. I noticed an increase in lash loss and was just unimpressed with their voluminizing mascara, since it made no difference and only clumped. I love Maybelline shadows, but their mascaras are just not for me.

on 3/29/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was just a pretty average mascara to me. Here's the breakdown:

Pros:
Very black, nice pigmentation
Lengthens as well as volumizes
Buildable
No fallout

Cons:
Definitely does not "fill in gaps" as it claims
Other mascaras volumize much better
Curls the tips of lashes in weird directions if you apply to much/use it to lengthen

Just an okay product, not my favorite.

on 3/23/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Truly horrific. I've never liked maybelline mascaras and I remembered why when I purchased this. The formula is so watered down, it really does nothing. Flakes like crazy too. I just purchased Max Factor's false lash effect after a month of struggling with falsies flared and it's a breath of fresh air. Finally! A mascara that actually does something!!!