October 31, 2014 | 1731 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rachelcohen19

I have struggled with bad skin for YEARS, and I have used every product imaginable. This foaming cleanser is just what I needed, I think it's gentle enough to do the trick. If you've been killing your skin with harsh products like I have, try taking a break from it all and using this. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rachdach01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel like this cleanser has gotten a bad rap on this forum because people don't understand how an acne cleanser is supposed to work. When you begin using a new acne treatment, even if your skin is relatively good, the salicylic acid will cause more cell-turnover which bring up the clogged pores UNDERNEATH your skin. your skin will purge and will probably breakout immediately after beginning to use the cleanser, and this does not make it a bad product, it makes it EFFECTIVE. if after 3-4 weeks your skin is still purging, yes the cleanser is probably irritating your skin.

That being said, I use a clarisonic which has already purged my skin and cleaned very deeply, so this cleanser was a nice addition to help prevent new blemishes. Also, there is SOY in the product. Many, many people are allergic to soy. I'd recommend testing the product on your inner arm and waiting overnight and if there's no reaction there, you're probably fine.

Overall, I love using this in the morning with my clarisonic mia and it's done a really great job at clearing up the few stray blemishes I get one week per month.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff!!! Not only does it prevent breakouts but it treats them and gets rid of them as well! I've seen a lot of people say that it really dries their skin out but that's the salicylic in it for ya. I dont recommend that people who don't have breakouts use this as it may be too drying. But it is very gentle of sensitive skin like I have. Overall I love this and I've been repurshacing it for 2 years and my skin is amazing! I'm on my 4 bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by RandomDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was the worst. Believe it or not, I actually used this to PREVENT acne. I had never had a single breakout before I started using this and I thought this would help keep my skin clear. Big mistake. My skin got so dry and I didn't know anything was wrong at first because I'd never used a wash to take care of acne before, and before the first week was over my whole forehead was breaking out like never before. Literally never before. My acne has caused me to become super self-conscious about my face and feel so completely ugly and my skin no longer has its clear complexion. I don't use it anymore, but the damage has been done. Not only did it not do what it said it was supposed to do, it did the complete opposite and did more damage to my self-esteem than anything. I promise I will never, ever buy this again and I recommend no one else does either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by 1993baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really want to say this product did wonders for me but it didn't. I had high hopes for it but it didn't live up to m expectations. If your someone who doesn't have acne and needs a simple cleanser that removes dirt and oil then this should work well but if your someone like me who occasionally gets acne and needs a product that will make it go away then I suggest u find another product. All in all it removes dirt and oil but doesn't help with acne. And I would buy it again because it does remove dirt and oil

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by madgei

This stuff worked at first, but then my skin became so dry it was painful. And it made my skin hot, even though there were only a few pimples left (cleared some acne) but I couldn't bare the pain anymore. I would have rather had pimples than a firey red sandpaper face.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Rae1707

I got this cleanser for my slightly oily/ slightly dry skin. I have oil on my T-zone and temples. Blackheads are a problem for my nose. When I first used it, it worked well. It's a light foaming product with a pleasant scent. After awhile, it began to make me break out and make my skin dry. I gave it to my friend to try. She has very oily skin and breaks out on her forehead. Her skin was beet red and hot to the touch! I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

I have sensitive skin that, if I bombard my skin with too many medicated products, it FREAKS OUT & i end up with WAYY more acne & stressed skin than to begin with. Let me just say that now. I use this cleanser every other day since it is medicated & it definitely just feels nice on my skin. I enjoy foaming cleansers just because of the lightness & texture & how it feels like it really gets my skin clean. his stuff is gentle enough that it doesn't stress my skin out. Does leave my skin a BIT dry, but then again, nearly everything leaves my skin dry, haha. While this is not my main cleanser for day & night, it definitely helps to have on hand for times when my skin's not doing so well. Not sure if I'll repurchase just because my acne's been going away. But def worth a go for us sensitive, acne prone gals:) Aveeno is great at soothing & using natural ingredients & they don't animal test:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as my morning cleanser. I love this stuff! I wouldn't say it's more harsh than the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser (my nighttime cleanser), but I can definitely feel that it's not as calming. My face feels firm after I use it, not as dramatically as other cleansers might though. All I need are 2 pumps and I'm good to go. Controls my oil for at least 3 hours, which is a huge deal for my skin. Keeps acne at bay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good product for me. It didn't make me break-out which is a major plus but it didn't help with my pimples much so I took off one lippy. I've used this for 6 months but then switched to Kiehl's and then did some research and realized Aveeno does animal testing and that took off another lippy. Overall, it was a good product but I will definitely not be repurchasing because I don't support animal testing.