November 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a few samples of this and i thought to give it a try. I used it daily for a about a month. At first I was amazed. This is a serum has a gorgeous slippery texture applies on the skin effortless and leaves your face looking healthy and kinda rejuvenated with a healthy semi matte finish . I was using it at night and the next morning my face was just perfect. Fresh looking and glowing and my complexion was more even. Other than this fresh,even toned looking skin didn't notice any other improvement I must say. Then one night I applied the product as usual and I noticed that my fingers were covered in a gold- pearly tint.Didnt pay any more attention I just went to bed, The next night the same thing happened again, I applied this serum and my fingertips again had gold and pearly glitters on them, I finally realized that this gold/pearly tint was left on my hands by this product. That was a huge disappointment for me. I dont feel comfortable applying on my freshly washed skin a goldy pearly substance especially when the substance is sold very expensive as a premium skin care product.This product is more a fancy make up primer than a skin care product . I wouldnt buy the full size for sure

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kaylanault

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good - Smells a bit lemony-fresh, hard to describe haha, liquid has a cool look to it - kinda shimmery blue, feels refreshing, does it's job well but it's not amazing - I was only slightly shocked when I saw the difference in my skin after using it

Bad - Very expensive, does not moisturize (but it's not a moisturizer)

Would I buy this again? Maybe if I win the lottery or absolutely need an illuminator, which I don't at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by yvetteq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a full size sample of this from an online promotion. I used it only twice and I hated it. It made my face look weirdly oily or something and it felt like there was a thick coating on my face. It also broke me out, and after only two uses. I was shocked at what I extracted from a couple of pores when I used this. This product is supposed to make you look better, but it made me look a lot worse. Now I have a big bottle of this worth $85 just sitting there. What a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the only difference between this product and clinique's dark spot corrector is that this has some shiny crap in it and it costs more. it really doesn't do much of anything, and its price is just insulting. But it does look give a nice dewey glow when mixed with foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDeseray96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Huge disappointment. With the price you think it'd be great, but it did absolutely nothing for my skin. You're better off getting a prescription product from your doctor, which is exactly what I ended up doing anyways. I got Retin-A and it did much more to improve my skin than this waste of money did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This promises more even toned skin in just two weeks. This includes redness, acne scars, discolorations, etc. The thing about this product is that it VISUALLY improves the look of skin but there is no repair. For that you'd need to use the other Idealist Pore Minimizing Serum, or another product. If you want a product to diminish the appearance then this would be okay, but I find the radiance it imparts does not last long.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MKC1011

Have been using this for 2 weeks.... Don't see a hugh different so far..... I don't usually have break out, maybe once in a while..... but after using this serum...... I get break out everywhere on my face...... not sure if it's the product problem or it's not moisture enough for my dry skin......

Will keep using it until i finish the bottle to see if there're any result.......

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got mine a couple weeks ago, I use it daily, but I dont like it so far, I havent notice any difference. My redness is still the same and some scars also didnt get lighter. Maybe after a month or more of using it I will get some results. But the thing which I really hate is how it feels on my skin, it feels like i have a mask on my face, my skin just dont absorbe this product. Hoping it to change.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nicolejenn

I have only been using this product 4 days and im already seeing my acne scarring getting lighter...i also have not broken out, my tone is already getting noticeably even!!
In the morning i use:
Acne solutions Cleanser(clinique)
Acne solutions Toner(clinique)
Even skintone illuminator(estee lauder)
Superdefense Moisturizer with spf25(which directions state u must use an spf moisturizer.(clinique)

In the evening:
Makeup remover
Acne solutions Cleanser(clinique)
Acne solutions toner(clinique)
Even skintone illuminator(estee lauder)
Dramatically different moisturizing gel (clinique)
Acne spot healing gel (clinique)

I also use my Clarisonic face brush and 7 day exfokiating scrub from clinique, or duel action refinishing mask from estee lauder, all whick exfoliate very well.
I will update at 2 weeks mark and one month mark with pictures..i started using even skintone illuminator on september 30, 2011. 4 stars until 2 week update!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to slag an EL product off, because I normally love their skincare, but this product was just very disappointing for me. It broke me out several times during the two months I used it (no other change to my usual skincare routine apart from introducing this serum), and felt quite strange on my skin. I kept using it in the hope that it would get rid of the discoloration on my skin, and I must say that this has improved a bit, but the 'pearly' effect under my makeup never looked dewy.. just looked weird!
In the bin it goes...