September 1, 2014 | 2035 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the only difference between this product and clinique's dark spot corrector is that this has some shiny crap in it and it costs more. it really doesn't do much of anything, and its price is just insulting. But it does look give a nice dewey glow when mixed with foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDeseray96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Huge disappointment. With the price you think it'd be great, but it did absolutely nothing for my skin. You're better off getting a prescription product from your doctor, which is exactly what I ended up doing anyways. I got Retin-A and it did much more to improve my skin than this waste of money did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This promises more even toned skin in just two weeks. This includes redness, acne scars, discolorations, etc. The thing about this product is that it VISUALLY improves the look of skin but there is no repair. For that you'd need to use the other Idealist Pore Minimizing Serum, or another product. If you want a product to diminish the appearance then this would be okay, but I find the radiance it imparts does not last long.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MKC1011

Have been using this for 2 weeks.... Don't see a hugh different so far..... I don't usually have break out, maybe once in a while..... but after using this serum...... I get break out everywhere on my face...... not sure if it's the product problem or it's not moisture enough for my dry skin......

Will keep using it until i finish the bottle to see if there're any result.......

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got mine a couple weeks ago, I use it daily, but I dont like it so far, I havent notice any difference. My redness is still the same and some scars also didnt get lighter. Maybe after a month or more of using it I will get some results. But the thing which I really hate is how it feels on my skin, it feels like i have a mask on my face, my skin just dont absorbe this product. Hoping it to change.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nicolejenn

I have only been using this product 4 days and im already seeing my acne scarring getting lighter...i also have not broken out, my tone is already getting noticeably even!!
In the morning i use:
Acne solutions Cleanser(clinique)
Acne solutions Toner(clinique)
Even skintone illuminator(estee lauder)
Superdefense Moisturizer with spf25(which directions state u must use an spf moisturizer.(clinique)

In the evening:
Makeup remover
Acne solutions Cleanser(clinique)
Acne solutions toner(clinique)
Even skintone illuminator(estee lauder)
Dramatically different moisturizing gel (clinique)
Acne spot healing gel (clinique)

I also use my Clarisonic face brush and 7 day exfokiating scrub from clinique, or duel action refinishing mask from estee lauder, all whick exfoliate very well.
I will update at 2 weeks mark and one month mark with pictures..i started using even skintone illuminator on september 30, 2011. 4 stars until 2 week update!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to slag an EL product off, because I normally love their skincare, but this product was just very disappointing for me. It broke me out several times during the two months I used it (no other change to my usual skincare routine apart from introducing this serum), and felt quite strange on my skin. I kept using it in the hope that it would get rid of the discoloration on my skin, and I must say that this has improved a bit, but the 'pearly' effect under my makeup never looked dewy.. just looked weird!
In the bin it goes...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product every day for the last 4 months on 3 very small sun spots on my face, with little to no results. I was hoping that a product like this would help to lighten the spots, but that has not happened. I will continue to use this product every day until I am finished the bottle, with the hopes that some lightening might occur, but I'm not hopeful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this after trying it out on one of the counters in Boots. I have redness around my nose and chin, and a couple of scars from spots, nothing major but cant go without foundation kindof skin. So far so good, my skin in really soft and smoother than before. Although I haven't noticed any major reduction in redness, I think thats mainly just because I haven't been using it long enough. I absolutely love the light-reflecting particles, I have a thing for 'dewy' skin, and this really sits well under my foundation. Although I'm still hoping for the redness claims to work, because it's a damn expensive primer otherwise!

Only reson for the markdown is the PRICE. I nearly had a heartattack (as did my partner) when the total for this and the eye serum came to 102.... so unless it really really does make my skin look even I'm definitely not going to repurchse.

EDIT!!!
*********************************************************************************

I've now been using this for 2 weeks, and I'm so damn pleased! The redness around my nose and chin has definitely reduced (to the point when takin my makeup off at night, my boyfriend commented on how fresh faced I looked and asked if I'd been detoxing!!).
My skin's texture is amazing, biiiiiig pores around my nose are so much less noticable, I now pop on a primer and BAM! Smooth skin :D
This did cause me to have a couple of whiteheads after about day6, but I perservered (it cost so much, I wasn't throwing it out!) and I'm so glad I did, the tiny amount of breakout is well worth the skin I have now (the skin I've been trying to get for the last 3 years!!!)
My acne scarring isnt as reduced as the redness, but its getting there. I'll report back after week 4. Loving this right now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: I will be 50 in December. I have mature skin. I have issues with sun damage. I also have fine lines and a few wrinkles.

I am on the last day of a 14 day trial of this product. I used it twice a day. AM and PM. I am in the process of switching all my skin care products to EL products. (with the exception of Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel Pads I will continue to use those for as long as they make them, I love them that much).

I won't be purchasing this but instead go back to Perfectionist [CP+]
Wrinkle Lifting Serum by Estee Lauder.

What this product will do: It will calm the redness and red blotchiness of skin upon application. Once removed the redness can be seen on my face.

This has a light and refreshing fragrance. When I apply it to my face I use clean fingertips. This product does have a subtle shimmer that I detect on my fingertips after application and I applied it to the back of my hands for freckles and age spots that I have there and out in the sunlight I saw golden sparkles.

The issues I have had with this product:
1. After a couple hours of wear under foundation it creates a very oily look. (I no longer have oily skin).I may be wrong but it seems as though when used as it is supposed to be under moisturizer it keeps the moisturizer from absorbing into my skin, thus making it sit on top and creating an very shiny look.

2. It took me a while to figure this out but it has broken me out with pimples. One large cystic pimple on upper cheekbone area. Painful and may leave a scar. I still get pimples now again but they are usually hormonal and on my chin and jawline area.

3. The other issue is that it really didn't perform as advertised for me. Yes the redness was calmed but the dark spots, age spots...etc. weren't effected at all.

Perhaps someone else will have better luck with it.