October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LuvBaxter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely my signature fragrance!!!! I love the vanilla scent mixed with spice. It is not overly sweet and has just the right amount of spice added. I have been asked by numerous men in passing what fragrance I am wearing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice in theory I guess, but I agree with the reviewer who said it's straight cookies. I had to scrub it, it was way too sweet and foody for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this for a while, but it never became my favorite. Why? Because when I wear this it smells like cookies to me. Not just cookies actually, but that Cookie Crisp cereal. Some time after I swapped it away, I got a new coworker who wears it, and I always think of Cookie Crisp when she is standing near. I don't hate vanilla or foody scents, but this one is just straight cookies on me. Personally, I'd rather smell like the ocean than someone's dessert.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I originally smelt this on the most unlikely person. My university roommate who was a "reborn again virgin" yes.... feel free to roll your eyes. At first I assumed it was on of the other girls because it was so deep and sexy.... but alas my prude of a roommate was wearing it. Years went by and I spray it once and while at the malls. I love this scent. It's one of my top ten. If you like smells like Classique or Pure Poison you will probably like this. Oriental, rich, steamy and sensual. It's slightly dirty feel to it, as in you want to be naughty! If you hate oriental scents, you will hate this. I can smell vanilla and sandalwood along with other florals. I know it doesn't have musk, but it is kinda musky on dry down. It has a trapped heady feeling to it which I love, others who prefer soft florals won't like this. It is provocative and sexy. As you wear it throught the night it really heats up and works well with my body chemistry to have a raw sexual smell. I am an Addict! It has decent lasting power (3-4hours but maybe thats because I get used to it), but I spray this two or three times and five hours later I can't pick up with my nose so I carried it with me to reapply. I really don't care if I suffocate others around me. My boyfriend says it isn't that strong and thinks it's sexy. So I'm glad that he likes it because he's the type of man who doesn't like cologne. I can pick this scent up on anyone and I gravitate towards them.

It is the most seductive scent without being too sickly or cloying. Apparently it has an orange start when you spray but it's nothing like Pure Poison. It is more sweet (not sugary) with a heavy dark vanilla and has a hint of spice but its mostly creamy to me. Very lust filled, but it's not trashy.

I did like the ad for the scent, but Dior is all about marketing and packaging but I don't like the bottle for Addict. I wish it didn't have the weird gold thing on top like all their makeup does.

UPDATE: Onto my second bottle! It's great scent when you want to spice things up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm truly curious as to whether the people describing this scent as "intoxicating" really mean intoxicating = it's killing me (??) HOW can anyone like this?? True, I do prefer clean, natural scents but I also gave this a million chances to work, and it failed miserably.

Once, in the wee morning hours I was shopping at Walmart, walking behind some lady who obviously hadn't showered (or even combed her hair). Sad to say, the scent wafting behind her smelled EXACTLY like this perfume: a combination of just-got-out-of-bed, unwashed hair/body scent. I almost puked. TRUE story.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this fragrance since I was 23 and I am now 32. WOW!!!! This is MY signature fragrance. I love, love this perfume. Everything from its sleek midnight blue bottle with the gold sprayer to the intoxicating and oh so addictive smell. Since the very first time I've used this I've gotten nothing but compliments. There have been a few that have advised my that its more of a winter scent. Haha. I dont care. I use it all year round. I've found that this is one of the very few that when sprayed on my clothes its very penetrating and I can smell it the next day. I truely wish that they never discontinue this fragrance. I'd reccomend it to anyone, although I really dont give my secret away....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpink88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To some of the other reivews, I love fruity clean scents but I also love this one, which as previoulsy stated in nothing of the such. Very musky, oriental scent. A little goes a long way and its last a very long time. This scent is totally a scent for seduction. Every time I have worn it, which is at night I am always asked what I am wearing. I have been told it is intoxicating ( for the good). Its one of those scents that when someone smells it on you when they smell it again that are going to have flashbacks of you. I have repurchased this several times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love everything about this perfume. I am a huuuuge fan of musky, oriental scents and this is exactly that. It's a heavy rich scent which makes it perfect for winter and fall for me. I agree with other people saying that people who love clean or fruity fragrances will probably not like this. I cannot stand clean or fruity scents, so I love this. :) Honestly, this is probably my number one favorite scent of all time. I don't tend to repurchase expensive fragrances simply because they are so pricey and there are so many others I'd like to try, but this is one that I will ALWAYS own. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this to the point of distraction, but it seems to be a polarising choice. Those who seek fruity or "clean" scents may hate it, but I yearn for long lasting sweetness & spice with warmth and depth, and Addict is heavenly to me.

The opening is quite alarming - top notes of silk flower and mandarin leaves which are strong, heady and to my nose, bordering on incensy. I detect a smidgen of the rose soon afterwards. There is a bit too much going on at once and it's somewhat overpowering. It smells very good 20 minutes later, and gorgeous after 1 hour. So you must let this dry down to enjoy it IMO, but it does then last for an entire day, 12 hours plus, and the drydown is well worth the wait.

Addict dries down to an intense, smoky, spicy vanilla, droolsome but not actually foody, laced with sandalwood, rich florals (just a trace from the previous phase) and I swear I smell dark chocolate. It's so distinctive that it's hard to describe. It has character and could never be mistaken for another fragrance. I don't recall ever catching a whiff of this on other girls. Perhaps it's not as popular as it was a few years ago...I was late on the bandwagon with this one, but I'm glad it isn't everywhere because it feels like mine.

In Dior's defense, the Addict name and images are not just obnoxious marketing. There really is something intoxicating and addictive about this perfume. I've had people grab my wrist repeatedly throughout the day to take another whiff. Incidentally, it's true that men absolutely love this one, but that's not why I wear it at all. It is rampantly sexy but to me it's also comforting. I always find that with vanilla-based perfumes, and I honestly crave this one when it's not around. I love how it lasts for an entire day or more, and leaves traces all over my home and on my clothing. True love. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Initially I was really attracted to this perfume. It strongly appealed to me through sexy advertisement, sleek bottle and everyone was raving about it. I've waited until CD had GWP and got the smallest bottle (30 mls I think). The smell was really strong yet sexy and I would wear it everywhere - to work, during day, at night...Then I got really sick of it so I gave it to my mum. Then I couldn't stand it even when she was wearing it - it was way too strong and heavy. I don't know what happened but be careful with this perfume and don't wear it to public places because there are people like me who can't stand it!!!