November 26, 2014 | 1873 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by babad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've joined the BB cream bandwagon and have tried multiple BB creams out there, Bobbi Brown included. I wanted to love this because of all its great reviews.. but I was hoping for a more natural look. Unfortunately it made my face look cakey and didn't deliver as I was hoping. What I did like is it lasted longer than expected. I went a full 4-5 hours looking exactly how I did in the morning when I first put it on so hopefully I can find this same result in another bb cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this comes in an "Extra Light" shade. I get great coverage with this, that of a foundation, without the heavy feel. I've been using this in rotation with my Tarte TM since June, and I love it. It controls my oily skin well when set with powder. There is really nothing I don't love about this. As for skin care benefits, I can't really say I've noticed a drastic difference. My skin has been much happier since I've swapped foundation for BB creams and tinted moisterizers.

This held up great all summer long and continues to wear well through the winter. Well worth the money. I will repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally caved in and jumped on the BB cream bandwagon. I got a tube of this stuff on the flight home from Korea (gotta love duty free!) and Light was the darkest shade the airline had in stock. (I kept forgetting that the tanned look isn't big in that part of the world)

Surprisingly, the Light shade actually does work for me, at least in the winter. I think it would be a bit pale for the summer as I tend to get some colour on my face.

I use the Real Techniques buffing brush and work the cream onto my skin in sections. (the Real Techniques brushes are fabulous makeup tools)
The result is a beautiful, smooth and polished look.
My skin does look healthy and radiant with this BB cream.

How does it wear during the day? I have normal to combination/slightly oily skin and Bobbi Brown's version of BB cream holds up quite well, much to my surprise.
I touch up at mid day and it's still fine. My litmus test is how my eyebrows hold up during the day. I use Etude brow pencil and set it with Bobbi Brown's Slate e/s.
After the end of a long day, my brows are still nicely shaped and not faded at the ends. yaay!

I think this cream wouldn't suit the oilier skin types but if you're normal/combination, it might work.
No breakouts either.

Thanks Bobbi Brown!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by spiffingly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently made the switch from TM to Bobbi Brown's BB Cream and am in love!

I have some mild, old acne scars that I always cover up before I leave home and my old TM always made me break out, but BB is light and I've actually seen improvements in my skin since I've started using it. BB blends well and it doesn't feel like there's anything on my face. It doesn't give full coverage, though, so I do have to layer on some concealer/powder.

One of my favorite aspects of the BB Cream is that it matches my skin tone. As an Asian with light skin, I didn't realize that my old makeup made my face look unnaturally white in comparison to the rest of my body. Many of Bobbi Brown's products have yelllow undertones to combat that.

There is a slight sunscreen smell, but it's faint and not terrible.
It's also a bit expensive for how small it is, but I'm surprised by how long it's lasted. A very little bit goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by visee

What I liked: Light texture and natural coverage, reasonably high SPF so I could skip sunscreen, shade in 'Fair' was quite a good match for my skin.

The not so good bits: I think this broke me out? (still not sure) It also has quite poor oil control and leaves my t-zone shiny by the time I get to work.

Am still continuing to use this but I probably won't repurchase and will try another foundation after I've finished this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really torn on this. Some of Bobbi's products have been incredible (Skin and Corrector are my go-to products for my dressier makeup days), and some have been complete misses (the purple cream shadow comes to mind). This is somewhere in between.

I had seen all of the hype about BB creams on the boards here and was excited to try one, albeit in a US version. Since I've had success with Bobbi Brown products in the past, I figured I'd give this a try.

This BB cream has a lot going for it. I love how it has SPF 35 in it. It does give a lot of coverage, which is relative. I'm used to LM TM for everyday and BB Skin on my "heavy concealer days", neither of which is a full -coverage foundation. This does indeed even out my skin relatively well and I do feel like it protects my skin better than a TM. (Don't tell my dermatologist, as I know I'm supposed to wear a true sunscreen underneath my foundation).

What don't I love? No matter how I blend it and whether or not I'm applying it over a primer or moisturizer, it looks chalky and can be uneven. Now that could be user error, but I don't have that problem with Skin or LM TM. It also, as other reviewers have said, has a smell not unlike a full-body sunscreen. I don't mind that as much, but the chalkiness is a big problem. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has this issue. I also don't see any of the skin benefits that Bobbi claims that this delivers.

While this wasn't a complete failure, I'm not going to buy another tube when I finish this. There are a ton of BB creams on the market now, and if I'm inclined to stray from my everyday foundations again, I'll try another one instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lmkeane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this when my foundation was feeling too heavy earlier this winter. I'd tried BB cream last summer (Estee Lauder) and loved it - got TONS of compliments on my skin - but needed a lighter color for winter skin and this comes in 5 shades, plus I like Bobbi products generally. It's heavier than the EL - initially I applied with my fingers, but it was too sticky, so now I use a kabuki brush, which works well. It stays put REALLY well...I go to the gym after work and this stuff only comes off when I wipe my face kind of hard with my towel, and even then it feels like it doesn't want to budge. I would repurchase, but might try a sample of the lighter EL shade before I do. Overall a good BB!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was a little disappointed initially when I learnt that Bobbi Brown Singapore did not carry the Medium-Dark shade. They only had 4 shades, with the darkest being Medium. I bought the Medium shade anyway because I thought that it would be an okay match if I applied a darker shade of powder of it. Anyway, they have since brought in the Medium-Dark shade. I can only hope that makeup companies (especially in Southeast Asia) realise that people not only have different skin types but vary in colour too. Anyway, this product retails for SGD59, which is not cheap. I find that it looks best when my face is moisturized. Otherwise, it will leave dry and flaky-like patches which does not look pretty at all. I squeeze a pea-size amount at the back of my hand and dot it around my face and neck with my finger. I apply it with my fingers in a circular motion. When I am done, I rub my palms and place them on the various parts of my face. I find that the warmth of my palms "melts" the BB cream on my face. The application looks better that way. The BB cream has not clogged my pores. It appears to have a calming effect on pimples. No redness is obvious. Also, I think that this may assist in treating dark spots left by pimples too. Expect no miracles, though. It takes a while for the spots to fade. The BB cream provides medium coverage and I have not experienced a problem with it "disappearing" after a few hours. I work from 8 am till 9 pm and do not return home with an oily face. Overall, this is a good product which I will consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by yjkim14

Oh my lord. I cannot live without this product. I've been on the hunt for the best BB cream out there. I've used Missha, Faceshop, Lancome; you name it. However, all of the other BB creams just made me break out. Also, they all have a tendency to look cakey after a few hours of applying it, which made my skin look very flakey and gross. However, this BB cream saved my life! It does not look cakey at all, and makes my skin look great throughout the day! It also gives really good coverage. It even helped me reduce acne! Which is always a plus :)
I'm not sure if others will have the same opinions as me because we all have different skin types. However, I truly recommend this product to everyone! It's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

i bought this bobbi brown bbcream out of interest in the airport without any beforehand information about it, but as i used it for about a week i noticed that everytime im wearing this bbcream, people were always commenting on how my skin looked very sleek and clean :) i am totally in love with this product as will most definitely get seconds!