Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

I bought this last summer. Even though I have 5 or 6 different BB creams, i find that I usually reach for this the most but not sure what the reason is. It's pretty easy to apply as I can just slap it on with my fingers and provides good hydration. I do find that I have to be careful to blend it around my nose areas since it does have a tendency to streak around there. Overall, i'm kind of indifferent about this since it's really neither bad nor good and so i will not buy it again.

on 5/15/2013 3:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This BB cream is DIVINE. It has become one of my favourites in my daily makeup regimen and I tell you, it took me a lot of tries with other brands in order to choose BB creams that really suited me. It comes in more than 2 shades (as compared to other brands) so you really get the freedom to choose the right shade to suit your skin tone. It covers pretty well and doesn't cake in the middle of the day. I do notice at first that it kind of smells like Coppertone sunblock and feels a bit greasy when you first put in on but it's no problem. One bigger issue I had with it, however, is that it shouldn't be used for hot summer days since it gets really mucky once you sweat. Its staying power is also not so good. Despite its setbacks, this is a product I still love since the shade really looks good on me but it's something I suggest you should use on lighter cooler days.

This is the best bb cream I've tried. I don't have to set it or worry about oil and it works nicely to unify my skin tone. Definitely doesn't cling to any dryness I may have, and a little goes a long way, but perhaps not enough to justify the price, hence the 4. I would recommend getting colour matched if possible, as I was a shade lighter than I originally would have thought (speaking of, there is a good range of shades), and it really helps to avoid just wasting money.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I did a lot of research before buying this product. I thought it would suit my skin well, so I bought it in Medium. I had a prefect color match and my skin looked flawless. Lots of people complimented me with my skin, thinking I wasn't wearing anything... Why 3 lippies you ask? Well, I think this product caused break-outs on my face. After a few weeks use I started to develop clogged pores on my face and trust me, I haven't had those in years. I have normal skin with hardly any comedones, until I started using this product, and the BB-cream was the only change in my skincare routine. It has been a few month since my last use and my skin finally starts to clear up, thank God... So I loved how it looked on my skin, but I'm not going to buy this product again.... Maybe I'll use the BB-cream for special occasions for I have lots of product left, but not every day like I used to.

on 4/24/2013 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have pretty high expectations of brands Bobbi Brown, being high end and all, unfortunately this bb cream hasn't quite lived up to them...

However, my main gripe with this product is the lightest shade named 'extra light' (the one I bought) is around an NC20, hardly extra light at all!

I'm just a tad lighter than NC15, so I have to mix this down with something lighter - which is not uncommon for me to have to do with a foundation or bb cream, but it's still frustrating that it's not a proper color match.

So all in all, not so great for the incredibly pale, I didn't really touch on this but the retail price is *quite* expensive, but great coverage and great formulation. But probably wouldn't repurchase unless I get more tanned (not likely considering I like being pale!).

on 4/16/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with some of the previous reviewers, the color was a little too light for me, but the next one up was a little too dark, so I couldn't find a perfect match, however after an hour or two it matched my skin a little better, but still looked pretty unnatural. Not bad...just unnatural. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, which I was hoping for due to the price, and the fact that I have pretty dry skin!
Not a terrible product, but not excellent either. Won't purchase again, but I still suggest that you try it out, cause BB creams are different for EVERYONE!

on 4/15/2013 12:19:00 PM

I am a huge fan for Bobbi's products. However, I was disappointed by this BB cream. I have combination/dry skin and this product coated my face like a mask. The case is even worse when I tried to set it down by powder, my face was "cracked" into white pieces!
One hour after my makeup, the color oxidized and started to match my skin. However, the unnatural look was still there.
It was very dry and hard to spread even with the help of per-moisurization. I have fair skin and some acne scars, the BB cream does offer a nice medium coverage and moisture I desire. However, consider the price of this product, I expect more than that.

on 3/21/2013 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my first "Western" BB cream that I use and contrary to some people, I prefer Western ones to Asian ones such as Missha, The Face Shop, even when I'm Asian. I just think that with Korean BB creams you still need to apply base/primer first, otherwise the BB creams tend to oxidize or make your skin darker and duller, in short and long term.

About this product:

Pros:
- Nice medium coverage
- Balanced moisturizing level (good for normal/combination skin)
- SPF35
- Easy to apply, smooth finish

Cons
- Price is a little bit high, esp when you have to use a decent amount each time to get the needed coverage >> Edit: I actually used it almost everyday but the tube lasts for a long time!, over 1 year.

Overally a good product. My skin is NC20-25 and Fair is a little bit dark, Light would be a better match (this is tricky as normally with other brands Fair is often lighter than Light).

on 3/17/2013 11:43:00 AM

This is a great product! It feels so light. It hardly feels like I have make up on. It also gives good coverage, more than tinted moisturiser but less than foundation. Plus, I have received compliments about my skin while wearing this. It lasts quite long for me as well and doesn't look cakey at all on me, even after several hours. I only have good things to say about this. I use it everyday. Granted, it's the only BB cream I have tried so cannot really compare it to the Asian brands but I really like it. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Meh, I tried this BB cream for a week and now I'm going to return it. I thought this would be comparable to the more traditional Asian BB creams but it acts more like a poor quality light foundation. My main issue is when I first apply this, I look fresh, hydrated but not oily, awake and even toned. After 4 hours, this breaks down terribly. Patches of product fade in some areas while collecting and caking in other areas. By noon time, my skin appears rough and tired. This BB cream can go on the crap list with the many other American BB creams that I've tried.
What I liked about the product:
1. Shades. Most Asian BB creams don't have darker shade choices and often leave a grey cast. I love that Bobbi Brown created a Medium to Dark shade which matched my NC42 skin nicely. But beware, the Medium shade (next shade lighter than the medium to dark) is very PINK toned.
2. No skin reactions. I didn't get any breakouts, rashes or clogged pores w/ this.
3. Packaging. A sleek slim tube.
Overall, I feel that this is an overpriced product at $44.94 (US) for what it delivers. I would much rather pay an extra few bucks for Missha.