Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

on 8/17/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Crap!! So glad I got a sample and I did not invest in this product! For me it was thick, coverage was ok but I don't like the finish. You look like your wearing makeup and I hate that. Did not blend well either. Still have not found a better foundation than my MUF HD foundation.

on 8/12/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this now, but I didn't love it at first. In fact, it was in my "probably going to return" box until I figured I'd try it again. I really wanted to love it -- spf 35, oil control, good color match. Turns out I was applying it all wrong (for me, anyway). I was using the foundation brush, then my fingers, and neither quite gave me the finish I was looking for. Then I tried a slightly damp makeup sponge, and, it turned out to be just right.

So, grab one of those round makeup sponges you get at the drugstore, run some water over it, squeeze it out -- it just needs to be a bit damp, not wet. I squirt a little drop of the BB Cream onto the sponge, dot it on my cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose (in that order, so my cheeks get the majority of the product), and then lightly swirl it into my skin. If I need more coverage, I add a little more and swirl again. It just disappears, as does the ever-present redness in my skin. And then I set it with a teensy poof of MUFE HD Microfinish Powder, because I love the stuff.

As for shades, well, I'm a PPP with light chestnut hair and green eyes, generally NC15, and the Extra Light works well with my fair skin. In Bobbi terms, I'm not Alabaster, and I'm slightly darker than Porcelain (and I do mean just slightly -- Warm Ivory and Sand are way too dark for me). In Bobbi's Skin foundation, I wear Porcelain, just because my neck is lighter than my face. So, Extra Light is my color in the BB Cream. I'm surprised Bobbi Brown hasn't added an Alabaster, though. I think Extra Light, the lightest option offered, would be too dark for the truly palest among us.

As for coverage, well, I don't have scars or acne to cover up, just redness and sun damage. I wish I had worn spf 30+ every day of my childhood and teen years. It's surprising what kind of wicked splotches show up when you hit 40. The BB Cream hides those really well without making me look like I'm wearing a mask. My sweet co-worker, who's an esthetician in her spare time, says it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all -- that my skin just looks smooth and even. I like that review!

This tube has lasted me about 8 months, used two or three times a week, and there's about a quarter-tube left. I alternate wearing BB Cream and Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation, just depending on my mood. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose the BB Cream. And I'll buy it again when this tube runs out ... along with more makeup sponges!

on 7/30/2013 1:17:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB Cream - this is a definitely HG product! I bought it after having read rave reviews and after trying the Tinted Moisturizer, which frankly, was not a great product even though it has a similar price point as the BB Cream.

This BB Cream really does live up to the hype - it feels lightweight but covers (most) imperfections without looking like one has a faceful of makeup on. Wears decently well even in humid climates for those of us with oily-combination skin. However, it is not a long-lasting foundation by any means, so if that's what you're looking for, this is not your product. This BB Cream does impart some moisture, so if this is the only product you have in your bag, you'll be fine for the day. I almost layers lightweight moisturizer or skin treatment underneath. The best part, though, is the SPF 35! How can you beat that?

I am a NC30-35, and I own this in both Fair and Medium; Fair is usually the better shade for most of the year, but Medium works in the summer. It's Bobbi Brown, so her colors are really good, not overly orange or pink, designed to suit a range of skintones. I bought these right when the product debuted, so I only recently realized that there is a new "Neutral" color in between Fair and Medium, which might be perfect for my skin tone!

ETA (Nov. 17, 2014): I had to take one lippie off for two major reasons. 1) After discovering Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream last year, I have completely stopped using the Bobbi Brown BB Cream. The Garnier stays truly matte throughout the day, and gives me a much more natural finish than the Bobbi Brown BB cream yet covers minor imperfections just as well. 2) Also, the price of this BB cream is absolutely RIDICULOUS! They recently raised the price to $44 (a $2 increase), which is unjustifiable for what is essentially a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I plan to save my money in the future and buy the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream or Dr. Jart's BB creams, which are better and much cheaper than the Bobbi Brown product!

This cream has a nice texture, pleasant smell, and overall light-medium coverage. I have very fair skin so the SPF factor was also a plus. That being said, I found that the product didn't sit on my skin well, and was flaky near my dry patches, even though I moisturized well before application. Also, the cream had a very dewy, oily finish, even though I usually have pretty dry skin. It's not terrible but definitely not worth the price.

on 7/23/2013 11:17:00 AM

I wanted to love this product. It looks great on, perfect coverage, nice dewy look... but... it made me break out like I was a teenager again. By midday my face was an oil slick. I'll probably continue using it on days I know I will be outside, but for day to day, I'm afraid not.

on 7/22/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was my first BB product purchase, and I was sorely disappointed with it. I swapped it away very quickly and vowed to never buy into the BB cream hype again.

It's just not phenomenal as many online reviews suggest. First, I failed to realize that it is for normal to oily skin. I have dry skin, combo in the summer, and I first tried this in the spring when my tzone wasn't oily. It was a huge miss for me, even though I know people who love it.

First off, the amount of product you get for the price is ridiculous. I am the type of person who has no problem dropping 50 bucks or more for a foundation, face cream, etc if it does what it promises. I wasn't looking for major coverage, and this didn't give me any to boast about. I was looking for something to just even out my skin tone.

My main gripe with the product is how unflattering it is on the face, texture wise. While a BB cream, it gave my complexion this strange mask-like effect, as if I was wearing full coverage foundation that accentuated my flaws instead of hiding them. It wasn't moisturizing enough to wear alone, and didn't play well with my moisturizer when I wore some underneath. It pointed out my forehead wrinkles when I have none (unless I exaggerate my facial expressions, I'm still young) and settled into clumps around my nose. The worst part is that it couldn't even last 3 hours.

The color range is alright, I do like BB for having very yellow toned products. I got this in Fair for my NC20-25 tone at the time and it still seemed very grey cast. Is this just a common trope with BB creams?

If you're looking for a BB cream, just try a tinted moisturizer that matches your skin tone. Don't buy into all of this BB hype because the majority of people I know that wear BB cream look pale in the face or like they're suffering from motion sickness.

on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB cream. The Bobbi Brown specialist did inform me that this product is for normal to oily skin, which was perfect. I I definitely have oily skin and uneven skin texture. One of the claims of this product is that it helps to minimize pore appearance with the application and it did just that. My skin looked smooth and even. She also mentioned that, although it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, I should always moisturize my face before any type of coverage. It's a wonderful product.

on 7/21/2013 6:40:00 PM

waaaay too chalky and thick. I have it in Medium, I am Fair to Medium and this was a good match for the summer as I tend to pick-up color easily.

It also settles into my skin making it look too much like a mask.

I live in a dry climate and have normal to dry skin. I found I had to use a moisturizer under this, so it's not the all -in-one product I hoped for.

Don't like...and even though I can buy it with a discount I would not repurchase.

I prefer Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

on 7/9/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked my tube up when it was launched in July last year (2012) in the UK. Back then they were only offering 4/5 shades and i have just noticed that there are now 9 shades to choose from!

I went to the BB counter to get matched up and they said medium was a little too ash for em and so advised me to go for Medium-Dark. For reference i am NC30-35 in winter/start of summer and then NC40 with a tan. I couldn't use the Medium-Dark shade before my holiday in August 2012, but then used if for a few weeks afeter i got back. it then stayed on the dressing table until i returned from my 2 week summer holiday a couple of weeks back... I have been using this shade now for the last week and am very very happy with the results. Firstly, it applies so easy - streak free finish with a stipple brush and in one step - so no need for moisturiser and primer!! It also provides more coverage than my other BB creams and also contains the highest SPF - great!!!! I just put soem mattify powder over the top and am good to go!! So glad i decided to give this another go :-)

I have decided that i will pick up the medium shade when my tan starts to fade and then mix the 2 colours as per my skintone. Perfect for everyday x