April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40/42 and wear Medium/Dark in this product. It's a real time saver in the morning since I can use this one item instead of layering on three others (moisturizer, sunscreen & foundation). I have combo-oily skin and only had to blot one time in a 12 hour period. It applies and blends quite easily. The coverage is pretty good... not too thick and not too sheer. I definitely took off a lippie because of the limited shade range. I mean I'm about the coloring of Nikki Minaj and wear the darkest shade offered. Crazy. Especially since Bobbi is known for being a great line for women of color.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I feel a need to write that I've only tried one other BB cream. I tried the Maybelline one and the color was off. So, I don't really know how the Bobbi Brown BB cream compares to other brands. All I can say is that I think I have found my HG foundation(like) product.

I've tried Bobbi's Tinted Moisturizer and Skin foundation, and I couldn't find a match in either. So, I was nervous to see that this only came in 5 shades. The Medium to Dark matches my skin perfectly.

It gives the perfect amount of coverage for me. My skin is pretty clear, but I have some dark spots where pimples have healed. This does cover the spots just fine. Overall, it makes my skin look bright and flawless. I do use a light dusting of finishing powder over this.

The only drawback to this BB cream is that it does not photograph well. That is to be expected since it has a rather high SPF. So unless you are being photographed, I highly recommend this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first shot at a BB cream and I think I will stick with my Nars TM, I know both are 2 different products for different skin types.But I thought I should put that out there :P For ref I have normal skin.
Colors - Choice is very limited, has only 5 shade options. I am NC40 and was matched to Medium/Dark which is the darkest shade in the range.
Texture - Non oily, absorbs way too quickly for my liking..mind you this is my first BB cream..I dont know if this is how all BB creams are.
Coverage - Not that great, somebody with already perfect skin who does'nt need much coverage is a perfect candidate for this product.This did not do much for me in terms of coverage.Smells like the suncreen.
For the 42 dollar price, teeny looking tube..I will pass on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by AsagaonoHana

skin type is dehydrated and oily
I am in the shade Extra Light which is the lightest shade
Claims to hydrate/moisturizing , oil control , brighten , even out skin tone , target wrinkles and offers UVA/UVB protection.

Does it hydrate/moisturize?
Yes my oily skin felt really comfortable not too dewy and not too matte ( offers the right amount of hydration and moisturization for my oily skin )

Does it control oil?
By midday my skin is always shiny and greasy but with this I found that the shininess and greasiness was a lot less noticeable ( it's quite good )

Does it brighten?
I can't say it did because I have always had radiant skin.

Does it even out the skin tone?
I can't say it did anything for me because I don't have uneven skin tone but I did notice that my acne marks were fading a lot faster than usual ( my acne marks big or small take a month to fade completely )

Does it target wrinkles?
I cant say because I am only 15

Does it offer UVA/UVB protection?
Yes I found that it protected my skin quite well in the sun for two hours and forty seven minutes ( under constant harsh sun exposure )

Coverage wise it's very light to medium
It's medium coverage when I apply it using a damp sponge ( enough to make the appearance of my acne marks almost disappear )
And it's very light coverage when I apply it using my fingers ( enough to blur the appearance of my acne marks )

I cleansed my face using organic ( grinded ) oatmeal and toned with an ice cube
and then followed applied this BB cream

Would I buy it again ?
Maybe it's a good buy if you have the money but I know of BB creams that could offer the same degree of benefits for 30% less of the price

The packaging is ok

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tiffyrosh

Over the last 10 years I have tried hundreds of foundations, concelalers, tinted moisturisers etc. I don't really know what "bb" means or what makes this "bb" but i dont care. this stuff is AMAZING. it covers, it's not oily, it doesn't break me out (my skin reacts to everything), the colour matches and it is spf 35!! it's almost unbelievable. pleasee buy it so they don't discontinue it ever!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm new to bb creams and i was curious, and as i need a daily sunscreen (i'm a fair-skinned NW20 australian) and i like the bobbi brown brand i thought i'd give it a go.

because of the limited number of colours offered i imagined it would be more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation - relatively quick and easy to apply and forgiving colour-wise - so i was surprised to find the opposite is true. it's a lot stickier than a moisturiser (you can feel the sunscreen in it), and like a foundation it needs more careful application. i generally use spray foundation (applied with a brush) which has a very high water content and goes on like a dream, so i found this cream a bit stiff to apply (fingertips worked the best). and as with my foundation i needed to blend two colours (Fair and Light) to get the right shade. but it doesn't give the coverage a foundation does. it reduced uneven skin tone and looked natural - maybe a bit too natural ;-) - but i can get the same look with light foundation, or TM and concealer, so i'm not convinced i need bb cream as well. i will keep going with it though as the moisturiser / sunscreen combo could give it the edge during the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by polarbearmagic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ALL DAY
oil control 3.8/5
(still need a touchup powder for t-zone)
balances moisturisation 5/5
brighten dull skin 5/5
UVB UVB protection 4/5
great choice for oily skin 4/5
lightweight buildable and flawless 5/5

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Beeforth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm in Extra Light and when it was time to buy a replacement I thought I would give this new product a try.
Unfortunately although I chose the same shade - Extra Light - this does not suit me at all. The colour is far too pale - it looks almost chalky white and clown like. The colour of the BB cream is much paler than the moisturizing balm. Such a disappointment. The texture is otherwise good and it is nice to have the high SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by moor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, it could be that the Bobbi Brown consultant chose the wrong shade for me - but I always go for the lightest ones anyway- it just does not do anything for me. I look tired, I feel like it exagerrate the redness, generally unheathy and less smooth the without any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

This is the first BB cream I've ever used and have to say I'm loving it so far! The finish is incredibly natural (looks like real skin), hydrating and yet controls oil. I do get a bit of oiliness in my t-zone by the end of the day but nothing that some pressed powder or blotting papers can't handle.

Coverage is light to medium (more than a tinted moisturizer, less than most foundations). Consistency is thick, creamy and blendable. I found this extremely easy to apply with a flat foundation brush.

I tested wearing this with photos and did not notice a whitening effect despite the high SPF (35).

Love the skin care benefits associated with this product, but haven't been able to see any effects due to my limited use. Regardless, I think this is a happy medium between a TM and foundation. Great for every day use.