July 29, 2014 | 1928 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hottamales

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is in my makeup bag, and I alternate with a tinted moisturiser some days. It's an absolute staple - beautifully natural-looking (looks great in daylight), perfectly photogenic, dewy finish, long lasting (about 8 hours for me) and easy to pop on with your fingers for a quick application on the go. I'm about a MAC NC20 and wear shade 52 Vanilla, colour match is perfect - most people think I've got no makeup on. Price is affordable - I got it on sale from Priceline for $24. I've tried the original Healthy Mix and don't like it as much, most likely because I have very dry skin and find that the Healthy Mix serum just sits better and appears much more radiant and dewy than the original. Totally recommend for a light coverage for dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear shade 51, and I'm usually NC15. The shade is a tad on the yellow side, but on my asian skin, it looks very neutral. What I love most about this product is its consistency and blendability. I use a tiny pea-size amount, and there are never any streaks, no dry patches, no cakiness. The best way to apply this foundation is to really massage the product into the skin with clean hands. If I apply it this way, the product really becomes undetectable and doesn't slide off throughout the day. I often mix this with a moisturizer for easy application.

Some people describe this foundation as dewy and not suitable for those with oily skins, but I disagree. I think it dries to a skin-like finish, not sticky, but not velvety. If I use a silicone primer, the finish is velvety. I powder my T-zone with MAC Invisible Set powder, and I get all-day wear.

I took off one lippy because it DOES settle into your pores without a primer. I have visible pores on the sides of my nose, and foundation will just set up camp there after only an hour. Not all foundations do this for me, so this is the only downside. What I do is apply a very thin coat of pore-primer on my nose and cheeks, and the problem is solved.

As this is marketed as being a "serum foundation" with some sort of skin care benefits, the only thing I have to say on that topic is that it does feel soothing to my skin upon application. The feeling lasts for a few seconds, but I feel like it cools down the redness in my skin both in coverage and in the formula. I don't feel like it does anything negative to my skin... it's so lightweight that it I feel my skin can breathe. I would definitely buy this again and again to use casually for light-weight wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lauracullen

I can't describe how much I love this product! I've been looking for a good coverage, moisturising foundation that isn't too orange/dark for so long and this is it! Although it say light to medium coverage it provides a pretty full coverage especially went built up it also eliminates redness really well! I also find it makes my pore look smaller and my skin very flawless (covers little spots really well). The scent isn't strong but is very pleasant. I've tried mac, bare minerals, max factor etc and never found a foundation so good. The foundation isn't too matted and isn't drying which means it has a little shine however I prefer foundations like this as I think it makes the skin seem much healthier. Also when I remove the foundation my skin feels really soft and seems to be in better condition from using it! Must buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Caitlynmaeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is quite dry and I found that the original Healthy mix foundation would cling to dry patches (definitely not attractive!) so I was reluctant to try this one. Then on one of my regular trips to the drugstore I decided why not and I am so very glad I purchased it!
It smells absolutely divine and gives a beautiful dewy finish which is great for my dry skin. The cover is light to medium, unfortunately for me as I prefer full coverage, but it is quite buildable and very very blendable. The shade selection is limited for cool tones but luckily I have warm toned skin and shade 53 was perfect. My biggest con for this product is its longevity. It only lasts maybe 5 hours on my skin which is not great when working 8 hour days but primer, setting powder and setting sprays can do wonders. Overall a great product at a great price, definitely recommend to other dry skinned gals!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

I never had such a experience. It is my dream foundation but even the lightest shade is not light enough for me and it is a yellow under-toned!! And worst part is it oxidized on my skin! I was so so upset because it has medium-coverage, nice smell, not cakey look, oil-control, shortly everything people said about it. I wish that they would produce more shades so some people like me could find a proper one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Nice! Medium coverage, more than 10 hour sleep one, and not oily, balance so well! I love it! Nice smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I have not worn a foundation in over 8 years now as I avoid them at all costs. I hate that feeling of heavy foundation and the look of "caked on" face.

To my surprise, this foundation surpassed all of my expectations. I read so many good reviews on this site and decided to give this a try. I am pretty fair skinned, so 51 Light Vanilla was a perfect match for my skin tone. The smell is very fruity and pleasant and I personally do not find it overpowering. The texture is very light and blends in very nicely with the skin. I love how this foundation feels on my face, it's as if I am not wearing anything at all, very lightweight. Due to that fruity smell - its feels really nice to apply the foundation.

I have worn this foundation for 5 hours straight and it looked wonderful. I do not care for "16 hour lasting power" because I do not tend to wear my foundation for 16 hours. But having a combination skin (normal on my cheeks and oily t-zone), this foundation created no problems for me whatsoever. I dusted with the powder after I applied this foundation and did not retouch it since.

The coverage is light-medium. It evened out my skin tone, covered up my redness and that was about it. Nothing less, nothing more. I am sure you can build it up, but I chose not to as I was happy with just the first layer.

The finish of it is not matte which I liked, however I would not call it dewy. It's rather semi-matte and looks quite natural. I would definitely recommend this foundation to those who are looking for a lightweight and natural product. It is pricier compared to other foundations ($27) but it is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Rikkebrochner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is great! especially for yellow-toned gals! In an everyday foundation, i tend to search for good longevity, natural-finish and blendable. This is what i get with this foundation. It has a gel consistency, and blends beautiful with fingers aswell as with brushes (RT expert face brush, buffing brush, stippling brush) and it looks natural, healthy and nice covered on the skin. Its a light-medium for sure, and on me it covers my small imperfections with no concealer needed. If you like foundations such as the YSL Le Teint Touché Eclat - i think this one might be for you. Not great for really oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does nothing to cover any spots and slides off in 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

This is so great! Finally a drugstore foundation that fits combination skin so well! I bought the lightest shade and it is perfect for me in summer, but on winter it is a bit dark so I mix it with moisturizer to make it lighter. It stays for hours and I don't feel like I have to put powder on it, but I do because I have oily T zone. I put it with my hands or beauty blenders, doesn't blends so nicely with brushes.