Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 11/8/2014 12:26:00 AM

Bought this because of all the rave reviews. I have extremely oily skin with dry patches. There's not a lot of colour selection but the one I chose matches my skin pretty well because it has yellow undertones. The foundation looks and feels nice on (it does have a fruity scent that I could got without, but it's not that offensive) but my biggest gripe is that it doesn't last at all. The foundation probably only lasts 3-4 hours on my skin. Now I'm not putting on a lot because I don't like the look of heavy makeup, but I would expect it to last longer than that.
For the price ($28 at Shoppers in Canada) I was really hoping for something that would last longer.
Update April 2015: Realized that this makes me break out in hives and pimples. I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin, I have never experienced this before with other products. It happened 2-3 times when I applied this more heavily. At first my face feels fine but as the day goes on it starts to tingle in not a good way! I would definitely stay away if you have sensitive skin. Too bad because the formula is not bad. What a waste of $30 :(

on 11/2/2014 12:42:00 PM

This foundation is great for ladies that like a natural lightweight foundation yet still hides any slight imperfections. I tried this with the bourjois healthy balance powder and the bourjois healthy mix concealer and it was great!
At the time using this i was in my early years of high school and this was amazing as in my school make up isn't really allowed however they are quite lenient towards people who don't look heavily made up and this was perfect.It hid my blemishes yet didn't cake up my face. it is a nice formula and didn't break me out.
This foundation ranges from around £8.99 too £10.99 in places like ebay or boots so isn't too expensive for some people.

on 11/2/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

pro: cheap, smells alright, glides on smoothly, not thick, skin feels comfy after application
con: seems to fade/oxidize quickly, not much coverage, heard that it accentuates lines from some bloggers, not sure about it though..?

basically this is good for daily use but not enough for a night out/special date.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Initially this foundation seemed fantastic, but after a few months of use I found the constant re-application tedious. It only lasts about 3 hours at best on oily skin, but is very forgiving of dry patches and lasts a decent amount of time on dry or normal skin (Finding a foundation for combo skin seems impossible!)

The foundation gives a light-medium coverage but can pretty easily be built up to a decent medium coverage. It gives a lovely 'glow' look to skin, but if you are very pale like myself it can make you look a little too yellow/orange. I'd love bourjois to come out with some more shades.

All in all, it's a nice foundation. It's so easy to apply, gives a healthy look to skin and is forgiving of dry skin and spots. Unfortunately though, even the light vanilla is too dark for me- That and the combination skin problems mean that I probably won't buy this again.

on 10/27/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation ever!!! Every time I wear it I get compliments on my skin

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

this is my go to day to day foundation. gorgeous even application, great light to medium coverage and such a nice feeling on the skin.

I apply this using a Real Techniques expert face brush or a Real Techniques miracle sponge.

It is amazing on my dry skin. I am rating this as a 4 because although I love it, without powdering it does give me a slight shiny nose, although if you're somebody that usually powders anyway this wouldn't be a problem!

on 10/11/2014 1:55:00 PM

After a severe reaction to YSL touche eclat, i had to go on prescription grade Elidel to cure the red bumps and eczema. After two days of prescription, i still don't dare to use any cover ups, including coverfx, nars, stila, chanel etc etc

I turned to this old foundation deep in my drawer, and it worked!!!!!!!!! i could still look great to go to work with a thin layer, no reaction whatsoever and come home to wash it off and put on prescription cream.

Saved my life

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

The regualr Healthy Mix was so good, I panicked when I heard they were re-formatting. They also had this version out so I decided to pick up a bottle just in case I hated the new formula. I got my regular 53 from HM. Good color match. The finish is very light and on the sheer side. A very good everyday foundation that is light and has a clean finish. There is very slight color transfer, like if I blow my nose on a tissue, but it does not affect the finish on my face, which is great. Another great foundation by Bourjois!

on 10/5/2014 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This was my go-to foundation for quite a while. Bourjois actually has pretty decent stuff and I think their prices are considered mid-end. It's no wonder that they have such great quality as they are a sister company to Chanel. My foundation shade was in 52 and I am around an NC20-25, closer to 25 though. The great thing about this foundation is that it's yellow-toned, yellow-toned foundation tends to give the skin a more healthy sheen thus the name really does what it claims to do. It blends effortlessly on the skin and it comes out as a gel first but as you spread it it becomes into a creamy texture that is just heavenly.
I don't think it dries to a powder finish though, this foundation was geared more to the normal-dry skin range but even though I have combination skin, it doesn't make any of my oily parts oilier and doesn't cling to dry patches either. Overall, this is a fantastic product. The coverage is medium but can be built to medium-full.
I recommend this product to anybody because it really makes your skin look wonderful!

on 10/4/2014 7:28:00 AM

My all-time favorit foundation! living in a country when the majority of people are yellow and olive, having a fair skin (tend to be pale) is considered cool but actually painful because it's really hard to find a foundation that matches my skin tone. The choice is limited to whether the expensive high-end products or drugstrore ones but with a strange tone. But Bourjois healthy mix serum matches my skin tone perfectly, and it gives a really healthy yet natural tone (I use the lightest shade no. 51). It's sheer enough for daily use and buildable for a natural glowing look on special occassion. My search for foundation is over and definitely will be using it for the rest of my life, as long as the company produces it!