October 2, 2014 | 1743 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must admit I was a bit dissapointed when I got them in the mail. I think they are a bit too small to use for foundation - especially the stippling brush! Or maybe I have a big face? ;-) But I have found other use for them and I now love the pointed contouring brush, it's the best for applying concealer, because it blends so well! I love love love that!

EDIT:
These are some great quality brushes. But I find them way to small and I rarely use them anymore. The only one I have used regularly is the contouring brush for applying concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for a great price from amazon, even cheaper than superdrug with student discount. I use all of them pretty much everyday- the buffing brush for foundation, the pointed foundation brush for spot concealing, the contour brush for contouring, highlight or under eye concealer buffing, and the detailed brush for spot concealing or inner corner highlight. The brushes are so multi purpose so it's a great set for anyone starting off with brushes. They're fantastic quality and cruelty free

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of my best purchases thus far. Has anyone tried a product and was completely wowed by it that you beat yourself up for not getting it earlier? Yeahh that was totally me. I bought it at £16 on Amazon and that's a steal if you ask me. The versatility of these brushes are beyond phenomenal and not to mention the value for money! I personally use the buffing brush for my liquid foundation, I haven't noticed any shedding at all but I love the airbrushed effect it gives me. I also use the detailer brush for spot concealing on my forehead and sometimes defining my eyebrows with concealer for that ultra sharp look, again - amazing brush for the versatility. The contour brush though... oooh outstanding. I was considering purchasing the MAC 138 but the hefty price tag put me off, the Real Techniques counterpart however outdoes itself, I'm able to really define my cheekbones as softly or as harsh as I want, the really soft bristles aid this too. I'd definitely recommend these brushes, people who have yet to buy: don't sleep! feed into the hype!.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dorianaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loveeeee. There's 4 brushes in the set: contour, foundation, detailer and buffing. The contour brush is great but don't really like it for contouring great for under eye concealer! Foundation brush is useless, however it may be because I personally don't use the "paint brush" style of brush because I don't have the patience to use it properly, I'm too lazy :P. the detailer I like to use for the eye area, detailing of course. The buffing brush is great! My fave from the set, I love it for foundation, bronzer, powder and I could use it for blush too, but I tend to only use it for one thing between washes because I wouldn't wanna use a brush I've used for bronzer, for foundation, it'd make my wash orange! If I lost this I would repurchase for sure! Don't use the foldout case, I keep all my brushes in cups :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Kali89

These brushes are a godsend. Before these I rarely applied all of the traditional steps when doing my daily makeup. I would simply do my eye makeup and then concealer. I have used other brushes before, but was always let down with the outcome. Now I put on foundation, contour, blush, and highlighter in less time than it took to just conceal. Now that the infomercial portion has concluded: The product contains a case (which is kind of meh to me) and four brushes that are of great quality. None have shed a single hair on me and its been 9 months. The buffing brush's bristles are a little over medium-densly packed. I use the buffing brush with a liquid or cream foundation, and it always looks very natural. I sometimes use the small paddle-type brush with a cream corrector for my under-eye area (this is my least favorite brush in the set). The concealer brush is alright, buy I prefer a slight different brush for that particular job, so I mainly use it as a lip brush. But the contour brush! Oh sweet merciful Jesus! That brush is a dream, it is the perfect size and I love it. It is some kind of unicorn magic and I'm pretty sure, for a second, Beyonce with her illuminati witchcraft possesses me and I actually BECOME Sasha Fierce. In all seriousness, I have two of these sets. Because the buffing brush and the contour brush are just that awesome. Plus when comparing the price with MAC it is much better deal and the quality is better than some of the Sonia K brushes I've used. I would also recommend the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for foundation, but that is sold seperatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Jennygxoxo

Loooove all of the brushes in this set. Contour brush is the perfect shape and size and does a good job at both a strong and lighter contour. Foundation brush is a bit small but still works well and I also used this brush for concealer. Small concealer brush get blemishes really well and small areas. And buffer brush is amazing. Works well with both liquid and powder foundation. Such a good set. I got it at ulta for 19.99

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MarieV96

I am so happy with these brushes! I ordered them on iHerb and ever since I got them I can't stop using these. They are so amazing! Especially the buffer brush and the contour brush, they are like my holy grail make up brushes, I'm so happy I got them! Also the packaging that comes with the brushes is so nice, it's very useful for travelling and stuff. After I tried the core set out, I also ordered de blush brush which is de softest brush I ever owned! I really want to get the travel set, the stipling brush and the powder brush too! Also the price is very fair for what you get for it. I'm really excited about the Real Techniques brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by YENSUONG

I love these brushes! I use the buffing brush for my everyday bb cream. The brushes are very soft and high quality! They blend very well! I definitely recommend it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by racheljeffrey

These brushes are by far my favourite. I heard about them from my friends and also I've heard lots of beauty guru's on YouTube talk about them and use them in tutorials. I went on about them for ages and received them for my birthday in March! I've been using them ever since and I have been extremely impressed. The core collection comes with a detailer brush, a pointed foundation brush, a contour brush and a buffing brush. I don't use the detailer brush very much at all and whenever I use the pointed foundation brush I use it for blending I concealer as it is quite a small brush and I feel it would be a bit too small for foundation. However it works extremely well for concealer and blending. I use the contour brush and buffing brush every day! I use the buffing brush for my foundation it works brilliantly spreading my foundation equally across my face. Then I use the contour brush for bronzer to define my cheekbones and blend it out with a kabuki brush. I would definitely recommend these brushes to anyone!