July 22, 2014 | 1232 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Cutieful

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sooo love these brushes! I ordered my Core collection brushes at iHerb.com and had to wait for 2 weeks to ship to Europe. When it finally came, I could not wait to try each one.
* Buffing brush - I used this to apply my Clinique BB cream. It glided on so smoothly and the result was sheer coverage. Love it!
* Pointed Foundation brush - I used this to apply my LancĂ´me waterproof concealer. Great!
* Contour brush - used it to apply Bobbi Brown pale yellow loose powder to set it in. Love it!
* Detailer brush - I used it as an eyeshadow brush. Perfect!
I also got the Stippling brush - what an awesome brush to use for foundations, BB creams, cream blushes and also to even out too much blush or bronzer. Real techniques brushes are awesome! So soft and easy to clean. I am also ordering the Eyes starter set and can't wait to get them. The set brushes come with a panoramic case - good to take in travels. You can order these brushes in iHerb.com. Please feel free to use this code MVK064 when you order from iHerb.com to get a 10% discount on your first order. Real techniques brushes are a MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put away all other brushes ( 25 brushes )and now use Real Techniques only. Started out with this set and I was hooked. By far the best brush quality for the price. Better then my Mac, Sephora, Eco Tools and others. I use this set for my primer, foundation, concealer and powder. I also picked up the stippling brush, blush brush and big powder brush. That's all I need !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the third set of Real Techniques brushes I purchased at Walmart (I live in Canada) and I love them as much as the first two sets I purchased, the Eyes Starter Kit and Travel Essentials. The brushes are well constructed, light weight, comfortable to hold, with the taklon bristles being densely packed, firm, and soooo soft. Brushes wash easily while maintaining their shape without shedding, plus the travel case is such a convenient and thoughtful bonus. Very versatile set that I use on a daily for either foundation, concealer, contour, highlight, and cream blush application/blending. I've already repurchased to give as gifts to my friends for their upcoming birthdays.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Rachel008006

RIGHT NOW FREE with $75 GPB purchase from LookFantastic, they also have a code on RetailMeNot for free next-day shipping. These brushes work fantastic, and the fact that I got them for free makes it super fun.

Also, I'm not a spammer I just wanted to share my fortune (5/30/2013)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by TeriNK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BOOM! Amazing brushes. Amazing price. I have all of her brushes. My favorite is the Contour Brush. I use it for contouring and highlighting. Its amazing. They're all amazing. And super soft and nice to your skin. I have a collection of them in my professional makeup kit also.

I recommend them to anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Really soft, durable, affordable and well shaped makeup brushes for the face. A minimal kit of basic face essentials that should satisfy any beginner or novice makeup lover. I really like how the brushes are colour coded, it's a nice, cute touch to each of the sets. I hope there are more brushes in the works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

So thrilled to have been able to finally buy this in Canada! I mainly purchased for the buffing brush and was going to get it off eBay for probably what this brush collection cost me. So I'm happy. Main brushes I use are the buffing brush and contouring. I use buffing brush for my Rimmel matte powder (doesn't work with applying foundation on me :( ). I use the contouring brush actually for applying blush. It works great for that! The foundation brush it comes with is useless. I have tried it with concealer but it just applied far to much product and I have yet to find a use for the other little brush that comes with it. Brushes r so soft and amazing to clean, they litteraly look brand new. I use shampoo too clean then I condition them. I've also yet to notice any shedding. I am extremely happy with this purchase and reason why it lost a mark is because I can't use all the brushes it's really to bad the buffing brush wasn't sold separately. But for $18 bucks it's more then worth it to buy the set even if all you want is that brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Dieuthuy

Love love love this brush colection! Especially the buffing brush (use it every day to apply my bb cream)! All these brushes are sooo soft and the price is really low. I haven't tried brush of other brands (like Sigma or M.A.C) but I can't imagine how better they can be.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great brush set from Pixiwoo's Sam Chapman. Comes in a nice brush holder that makes it really convenient to travel with, and also doubles as a stand on a vanity counter. I also use the brush holder to dry the brushes upside down.
Really great value compared to other makeup brushes. Favourite ones are the Buffing Brush and Contour Brush - two brushes I absolutely cannot live without now! Other brushes in the set are the angled foundation brush which is too small for actual foundation application but great for concealing the under eye area, and the detailer brush which doubles as a pinpoint concealing brush or lip brush.
Easy to clean, dries very fast, nice length of handles and the slightly rubberized ends give you a nice grip on the brushes.
Definitely would recommend this set along with the Real Techniques starter set collection if you're looking for an affordable, high quality and versatile set of makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Pixiwoo and other youtube channels/blogs like Kate's Beauty Blog, Gh0stparties and Essiebutton where they are always using these brushes. I didn't realize at first that Sam Chapman from Pixiwoo actually made this brush line, and thankfully they became available at Target and Walmart in Canada! I went out and bought this set for $18, which is a killer deal, as it has all of my basic face brush essentials. These brushes are soft and aesthetically nice looking, and after trying them I concluded that they definitely deliver!! I used the buffing brush to apply my Nars tinted moisturizer this morning, the concealer brush with my Mac Studio Finish concealer and I actually used the contour brush to highlight my cheekbones with my Mac Mineralized Skinfinish. I haven't used the foundation brush yet, as I don't often wear foundation, but seriously, these brushes are amazing!! What a great value. I have been purchasing Mac, Clinic and Bobbi Brown brushes for the past few years, and I can honestly say that these Real Techniques brushes are not only inexpensive, but they work better!! I will stay loyal to this brand forever and I look forward to buying the blush brush next. ;)