September 1, 2014 | 1986 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only bronzer I will ever use. Period. Perfect color, perfect texture, wears like a dream and luminous without a hint of sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Trumpet sound: Holy Grail for real. I'm on my 2nd jar and I use this literaly every single day. Let me tell you, since I purchased this I stopped using foundation. I don't wear it anymore, the bronzer has replaced it. I apply it with MAC big stippling brush and that's that. It looks natural and with foundation I never had that feeling. After applying the bronzer, I contour, apply blush and highlighter (see my reviews for Benefit highlighter) and that's it for my face. It looks fantastic, I cannot rave enough. Think it's expensive? This jar last you sooo long so do the maths. My absolute staple for my everyday look ! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd or 4th jar (can't remember) and still loving it !! Update 12/02/2013: I just started a new jar and I'm absolutely still using this every day.The jar last so long, I was excited to buy a new one at the Chanel counter.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never owned a bronzer before this one. All of the ones I looked at were either too shimmery or too orangey. Plus I've seen so many victims of bad bronzing it sort of scared me off. But after seeing all the rave reviews on YouTube, I decided to give this one a try. It was out of stock nationwide for a few months, but Bloomies got it back a few weeks ago.
To begin with, the packaging is very chic, as you would expect. It may not be easy to travel with, but it has to be wide or you wouldn't be able to properly swirl your brush over the surface. It does indeed have a nice, apricot smell which is rather intense.
When you use this bronzer, you HAVE to use a brush. I use the Sephora slanted contour brush which works very well. You can control the level of product very precisely and the color is sublime- somehow it would look perfect on almost any skin color.
My only caution about this, other than the preposterous price, is that it really does dry to a very matte, slightly powdery finish.
All in all, this is a beautifully crafted product. A must-try if you use bronzer and can stomach the price ($48US).

EDIT: This product transfers like crazy! Be really careful applying it or it will be all over your collar/clothes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer, if not the best make-up product I've ever tried! Yes, it's expensive, but it's also worth the money. The quality is excellent--- a little goes a long way, and I've been using mine for over 2 months every single day and there's barely a dent in it. Gorgeous gorgeous color, and this is coming from someone who loves bronzer and has tried many different kinds out there. Easy to blend (I use a Mac 188, but I think a contour brush would work best). Personally I like this better than the cult favorite Nars Laguna, but if it came in a powder version I'd probably like it even more. All in all, a perfect product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by pocahontas29

Ive had this bronzer for over 3 yrs now and been using it non stop day and night, it IS just as amazing as all the reviews suggest. i bought mine soon after seeing it used again and again on pixiwoo. it gives you a subtle glow in the summer and just looks very natural. Its a creamy consistancy in a tub ,sometimes when i want it to last and be a little deeper for contouring for example i will brush a little hoola by benefit over the top to help it set and last. As i have said i have been using this bronzer for well over 3 years now...and even though i have hit the bottom of the tub I am nowhere near needing a new one yet! yes it is pricey however well worth the money... if it cost a little more i would still pay for this product..it really is that good....HOWEVER...i have noticed, that at summer time when everyone is more naturally tan and warmer in complexion this bronzer does wonders to accentuate the natural glow...wintertime however...u DO get a slight orange tinge :( however its not too bad, i still use it in winter...and i'll DEF be buying this product again..however i AM on a lookout for a more winter friendly bronzer..currently i have my eye on the NARS cult laguna! will leave a review once it arrives in a couple days :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by marisamakeup18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a great product ! Of course this is expensive, but it is well worth the price ! You get a lot of product in here, the packaging is great and so is product inside. This is the best bronzer that I have ever used hands down. It gives such a NATURAL contour to your face it is unbelievable. The second that I applied this is looked amazing and so natural, like it was part of my real face. It is amazing and I cant say enough good things about this product ! Defffff worth the splurge !!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've splurged on the Chanel Soleil Tan Bronzing Makeup Base after watching the Chapman sisters aka Pixiwoo and DRBrooklyn in YT videos in which they were using it and/or raving about it. But I got the best use of the product after I watched Lisa Eldridge's one (link =>

I love this product. Love its consistency and its scent. It's about one or two shades darker than my skintone (MAC NC40/MUFE HD 128) so I can use it for contouring (though I find it a bit orangey for that puprpose) but by using Lisa's method of application, it really brightens my complexion ( => swirl a kabuki brush into the cream and put most of it on the back of the hand to sheer it out, before actually using it on your face). In the morning, I look very ashy, with a dead-like face (no kidding here, it's that bad!!) but the Soleil Tan gives me a beautiful glow without any shimmer, which I really like.
I sometimes use it in place of my foundation and mix my concealer with what's left of product on the back of my hand to get a perfect color match. A touch of blush to complete and I look as if my complexion is naturally good (which is not the case of course).
At 37.50, this is not a cheap, but since you really get a lot of product - which will last you a long time - I don't think it's *that* expensive at the end. I've been using this regularly for 6 months now, and I'm still far from reaching the half of it.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dartchic0006

What a product! I love it and use it almost every single day. It gives my skin a healthy glow. I don't use it as a bronzer, but rather all over the face with a focus on my cheekbones. People tell me that I look like I have just come out of a spa all the time. I get comments on my glow and my skin. The product does not look like you have anything on, yet you can build on the colour to make it bronzer. Would recommend it again and again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this product for about 6 months and don't use it that often really. It gives a nice colour, not orange and you can build the coverage. To be honest I use it mainly as a contour for special evening out. But I might go back to powder for this. Will try it as an all over face bronzer again and see if I can love it more. Right now, won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Bought it 7 months ago and forget to use it since I was religiously using powder bronzers like my beloved Laguna and Hoola. And since I get more oily during summer, reallly hestiating to use cream bronzer but this bronzer is the best!
I either use my Sephora silver blush brush, real technique buffer or Sephora #45 brush to apply, any dense brush will do. Color is very subtle, natural and dries matte. I purchased at Saks for $50 but this bronzer will last you a longtime.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No