July 31, 2014 | 1898 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've splurged on the Chanel Soleil Tan Bronzing Makeup Base after watching the Chapman sisters aka Pixiwoo and DRBrooklyn in YT videos in which they were using it and/or raving about it. But I got the best use of the product after I watched Lisa Eldridge's one (link =>

I love this product. Love its consistency and its scent. It's about one or two shades darker than my skintone (MAC NC40/MUFE HD 128) so I can use it for contouring (though I find it a bit orangey for that puprpose) but by using Lisa's method of application, it really brightens my complexion ( => swirl a kabuki brush into the cream and put most of it on the back of the hand to sheer it out, before actually using it on your face). In the morning, I look very ashy, with a dead-like face (no kidding here, it's that bad!!) but the Soleil Tan gives me a beautiful glow without any shimmer, which I really like.
I sometimes use it in place of my foundation and mix my concealer with what's left of product on the back of my hand to get a perfect color match. A touch of blush to complete and I look as if my complexion is naturally good (which is not the case of course).
At 37.50, this is not a cheap, but since you really get a lot of product - which will last you a long time - I don't think it's *that* expensive at the end. I've been using this regularly for 6 months now, and I'm still far from reaching the half of it.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dartchic0006

What a product! I love it and use it almost every single day. It gives my skin a healthy glow. I don't use it as a bronzer, but rather all over the face with a focus on my cheekbones. People tell me that I look like I have just come out of a spa all the time. I get comments on my glow and my skin. The product does not look like you have anything on, yet you can build on the colour to make it bronzer. Would recommend it again and again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this product for about 6 months and don't use it that often really. It gives a nice colour, not orange and you can build the coverage. To be honest I use it mainly as a contour for special evening out. But I might go back to powder for this. Will try it as an all over face bronzer again and see if I can love it more. Right now, won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Bought it 7 months ago and forget to use it since I was religiously using powder bronzers like my beloved Laguna and Hoola. And since I get more oily during summer, reallly hestiating to use cream bronzer but this bronzer is the best!
I either use my Sephora silver blush brush, real technique buffer or Sephora #45 brush to apply, any dense brush will do. Color is very subtle, natural and dries matte. I purchased at Saks for $50 but this bronzer will last you a longtime.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

Another product I got because of the hype and I am glad I did!!

I am NC30 and VERY oily. So I was very hesistant about trying this but it gives me a very subtle sheen and not so plastic one dimensional look. I love this product right after foundation and mineralize finish. I use this and then use my blusher and highlighter.

Did I mention how much I like the smell??

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Hook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a MAC NC20-25 and I love this bronzer. I use a very high spf sunscreen in the summer, but I don't want to look like a ghost. After watching the Lisa Eldridge video and the Pixiwoo video I know I have to buy it. This bronzer gives a nice natural but heathly glow to the skin. You can build the colour up and a little goes along way. I use my MAC 134 brush with it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it could appear a little orange if u use to much. but its a really great product. i would repurchis this everytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I am a neutral 20-25 and I am very happy with this product. I usually just embrace my paleness, but once in a while I love a bit of a glow. I never would have tried this, but after watching the Lisa Eldridge video (like everyone else, right?) I gave it a shot. I followed her method and voila, nice glow and no orangey look. I only use a very small amount so this will last forever. I would love if it came in a compact to make it easier to travel with. I use my mac kabuki with it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by knicks

For reference, I'm an MAC NC 37, MUFE in #53, BB in #4.5 Warm Natural and Nars in Barcelona. This bronzer is probably 2 shades darker than my skin tone. I love it because it's not too red, orange and it doesn't look dirty on me. But just a natural gradual warmth on my cheeks and it just warms up my complexion. I like to use it when I'm on those days with light coverage base because it just looks natural and I top it off with my HG blush, the MAC gingerly. OMG the perfect glow, it just makes me look like I had a good tan on the beach. I only took off one lippie for it's packaging cos it wouldn't fix inside my makeup bag. Overall, I do love this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator is the old name for this product and older reviews can be found under that listing.

Love! Absolutely Love this product! I was using N.Y.C. Sunny because it too was a light bronzer with no shimmer, but I started breaking out from using it daily. When I purchased Vitalumiere Aqua I went ahead and added this to my cart and hoped for the best.

It's not a mousse or a cream, but a slightly harden cream that depending how heavily you swirl your brush on it equals to how much product you get. So very easy to get as little or as much that you personally need. I don't need that much in the winter so just a few dabs of my brush is enough in the Winter, one complete swirl enough for summer. You do need to use a brush with this product, I prefer the MAC 168 since I use this in place of blush.

Also this is a bronzer base so it will add dimension but look like you haven't really applied anything at all. So for daily use that's great, if I want to kick it up a notch I apply MAC Gold Deposit over top to get a deeper color and the highlight from the MSF.

I'm a Neutral 20-25 so depending on what I'm wearing (cloth-wise) can really determine if it will be to warm for me. I prefer to wear browns and I don't have any issues of this looking orange. But if I wear black or cooler colored clothing I start seeing the orange that some mention.

The only issue I have is the size of the container, we travel to the beach a lot in the summer and this is just to big to travel with. So after hearing that Too Faced Aqua Bunny is a dupe of this I went and picked one up. Aqua bunny is the same texture but darker and has a slight shimmer to it, for travel I'm just going to use N.Y.C. in the place of this until Chanel re-releases the small container they did in their 2009 collection.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No