Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

on 5/22/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this to look tanned over some of the lighter( bought by mistake) bb creams that I have.I wanted a cream version so that powder will not hinder the dewy look that bb creams give. Alas, the bronzer is not for medium-dark or olive skin tones as it does not give a bronzed look but looks more red or pinkish. I have medium to light dark skin tone.This bronzer works best on light-medium skin tones. I have been using the estee lauder soft matte bronzer( which is a powder form) but it does not give the powdery matte look and evens out the light look of the bb cream and gives a light olive or bronze glow that I am loving currently.Also, I think the Chanel Bronzer is overpriced, but maybe for light to medium skin toned women (or men), it is worth the price?

on 5/16/2012 2:20:00 AM

I admit that it took me awhile to figure out the best way to use this product but everyone raved about it so much that I just had to get it. I love the texture and color on my NC20 complexion. I use it in two ways. At times I just contour my cheekbones with it and then I also mix it with a very sheer foundation to create a little more tannish glow to my face.

You get a lot of product for the money and even though I alternate this with Nars Laguna (which I admit is still my favorite) I feel like it brings a nice bronzy glow to my skin. Great for spring and summer - worth the investment, I believe.

on 5/15/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best bronzer I have tried. Like his way more than nars laguna. Melts onto skin looks natural even on my fair nc20 skin. It is pricy but it will last you forever....the tub is huge!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I had this for a long time and couldn't quite get it applied correctly i tried a bunch of different brushes and my fingers.. welll i put it up for swap then a while later i got super sick of my UD bronzer turning orange on me and decided to try this baby out again ..i discovered the only brush i can use for this is a coastal scents brush its a kabuki brush but with a regular longer handle and it works wonderfully im so glad i decided to try it again :) Although I love the product and the packaging I would say its too pricey for me to re purchase.. i have discovered some other bronzing gems recently as well

on 3/23/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Looks like I'm one of the few that feel differently about this product. After all the rave, I was really excited to try this product and really wanted to love it like everyone one- especially because I love Chanel. It was a bit hard locating the product but when I finally found it at Nordstroms, it looks really orange in the container. But, I bought it anyways hoping it wouldn't be so orange on my face. Yes, this bronzer has a great texture, an amazing scent, and no shimmer . But, it pulled extremely orange on my skin. I've tried LOTS of bronzers (hoola, smashbox, nars, bobbi brown,....) and this is the orangest bronzer I have ever tried. I'm sticking to my smashbox suntan matte.

On the bright side- even though it is $50, it's actually a great deal. They give you 30 grams, which is much more than what smashbox gives.

on 2/17/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best bronzer ever! Beautiful colour. Product feels like a primer, very smooth and glides on easily. No shimmer, so it's perfect for contouring. Very expensive but worth the price, and comes with so much product that it will definitely last me a long time. Doesn't leave me muddy looking like a bronzing powder does when I apply it on top of my foundation. Just mixes perfectly with my foundation. Apply with a synthetic foundation brush, I tried using a fluffy hair powder brush and ended up messing it up with stray hairs that fell off my brush and into the container. I have super oily skin, and doesn't break me out either. Love, love, love!

This is my favourite make up base!I use it all year round,during winter mixed with my moisturizer so it gives me a soft sun kissed touch and in summertime,that i use total sunblock for my face,as it is so that my face/neck has the same color with my body.I have combination skin and this product does not feel greasy even in hot greek summer temperatures!I even think that it has a light covering effect and as i dont like heavy coverage on daily basis,this bronzer, plus concealer and blush and i'm off to work!It is not cheal ,but it' worth it!

on 1/21/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the only bronzer I will ever use. Period. Perfect color, perfect texture, wears like a dream and luminous without a hint of sparkle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Trumpet sound: Holy Grail for real. I'm on my 2nd jar and I use this literaly every single day. Let me tell you, since I purchased this I stopped using foundation. I don't wear it anymore, the bronzer has replaced it. I apply it with MAC big stippling brush and that's that. It looks natural and with foundation I never had that feeling. After applying the bronzer, I contour, apply blush and highlighter (see my reviews for Benefit highlighter) and that's it for my face. It looks fantastic, I cannot rave enough. Think it's expensive? This jar last you sooo long so do the maths. My absolute staple for my everyday look ! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd or 4th jar (can't remember) and still loving it !! Update 12/02/2013: I just started a new jar and I'm absolutely still using this every day.The jar last so long, I was excited to buy a new one at the Chanel counter.

on 12/30/2011 12:34:00 AM

I've never owned a bronzer before this one. All of the ones I looked at were either too shimmery or too orangey. Plus I've seen so many victims of bad bronzing it sort of scared me off. But after seeing all the rave reviews on YouTube, I decided to give this one a try. It was out of stock nationwide for a few months, but Bloomies got it back a few weeks ago.
To begin with, the packaging is very chic, as you would expect. It may not be easy to travel with, but it has to be wide or you wouldn't be able to properly swirl your brush over the surface. It does indeed have a nice, apricot smell which is rather intense.
When you use this bronzer, you HAVE to use a brush. I use the Sephora slanted contour brush which works very well. You can control the level of product very precisely and the color is sublime- somehow it would look perfect on almost any skin color.
My only caution about this, other than the preposterous price, is that it really does dry to a very matte, slightly powdery finish.
All in all, this is a beautifully crafted product. A must-try if you use bronzer and can stomach the price ($48US).

EDIT: This product transfers like crazy! Be really careful applying it or it will be all over your collar/clothes.

Popular Bronzers