NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

okay, i have def tried some crappy bases, but among my favorites are my nyx ones, I have a potted type one, that is white, and then there is this tubed one!! I love this one!! the formulation is amazing, it goes on so smooth, and it really holds the shadows in place, even helps my liners! some i have noticed will crease!! yuck!! this one does not!! the only thing i dont like is the applicator.... I like the newer UD ones that are squeeze tubes, and wish they'd do taht with this, then there's no concern with germs... but i like this product too much to not repurchase!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is a pretty good primer for anyone on a budget. This primer keeps shadows on all day long without fading. Also,I don't get much creasing from this primer. I do get a little creasing by the end of the day but that is pretty typical for my oily lids. The only con is that this doesn't cover my tea stains that well so some dark shadow shades will come out a bit muddy looking. But, overall, this is a good primer. Out of some of the well known primers, I rank them as best to least.
1. UDPP
2. NYX HD
3. Lorac
4. Pallaido
5. TFSI

on 10/15/2012 5:55:00 AM

I bought this together with E.L.F's Eyeshadow Primer, & prefer that to this.

The texture is smoother & glides across the eyelids, & it does keep eyeshadow on. However, because it's so slippery & because I have hidden double-eyelids, it really messes up my eyeliner, causing it to immediately transfer to the crease of my hidden eyelid. :(

Good for eyeshadow, BAD for eyeliner.

on 10/14/2012 8:47:00 PM

I received this in my Glossy Box, in a NYX palette. I have not tried a ton of eye shadows bases/primers but I must say I enjoy this very much. It goes on very smoothly and I have noticed a longer wear with my eye shadows. It makes them a little more vibrant as well. Its not a huge difference compared to my ELF shadow primer (which is $1) so I doubt I would repurchase, but very nice all the same.

on 10/14/2012 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not as good on me as UDPP, but still a very nice creamy primer at a good price. Takes a minute or two to dry and a little goes a long way. Has a doe foot applicator.. which I actually prefer to a tube, but some do not. Keeps shadow from smudging all day. A little hard to blend on top of if you do not give it enough time to dry or put too much on, a little base color or face powder will solve that problem. Shadows look great on top so I do believe it improves the pigmentation. I have not done any direct side by side comparisons though. A great everyday primer if you do not want to spend on high end.

on 10/8/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is currently my HG eyeshadow primer. Let me tell you, ive used about every primer under the sun...ELF, infamous UDPP, TFSI, Nars, Smashbox, Lorac, Loreal, Palladio, Cargo...the list goes on. Eyeshadow is my main focus in makeup. I'm always told i have nice eyes, and since eyes are the window to the soul, why not make that window nice and decorative? (figuratively) I have very oily lids, hence why I've searched for a tried and true primer, and its been hard to find one that wont crease on me after 3 hours or so. The consistency is quite creamy, but it never fully dries on your lid, which i dont mind. The tube packaging is really the only negative, hopefully NYX will change the tube and doefoot to a squeezy tube. I have to admit, its definitely more convenient when trying to use every bit that you paid for. Everyone and their mother loves UDPP, which can range from $20-$30 dollars. Im even going as far to say that the NYX primer is better than UDPP or TFSI. Keep in mind the NYX primer is about $5-$7 dollars depending on where you get it. If you are trying to find a primer that works fantastically, try the NYX one before any other high-end brand primer. I would recommend the NYX primer before any other primer that i listed above.

on 9/19/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This goes on very smooth and keeps my eyeshadow in place for a while. It is comparable in quality to the Too faced primer, but costs 1/3 of the price.

You really have to be careful with how much of this you use. Literally, the smallest swipe is plenty. Otherwise, you run into some of the problems other folks have mentioned, like being too heavy or caking up their brush. I didn't have any issues once I figured that little bit out. This primer does wonders for my eyeshadow and it stays put ALL day long. I even did an experiment where I used this on one lid and the LORAC primer on the other. Couldn't tell a difference!! My only beef is the packaging. It's not as bad as UDPP, but you can't tell how much you have left! Oh well. It's cheap enough that that isn't too much of an issue. Love this stuff!

on 7/31/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is quite an awesome product and at an affordable price too. I was quite sceptical about it seeing that it was an eye primer at a low cost. When I first applied it, it was smooth and easy to spread and I thought to myself, would this make my lids even more oily during the day? will this really hold my eye makeup up? Well, I was pleasantly surprised that this does hold my eyeshadows up through the day, at least 8hrs without smudging. That is just the eye primer and eyeshadow. What I found best to work for me is to apply some of this base and then lightly dust some loose powder over it to set it and then start applying your eyeshadows. This makes my makeup last and my eyeliner stays put too. Would purchase this again! I have tried UDPP but it wasn't as good and for that price, I expected it to perform much better. Just as well, this saves me some money. :)

on 7/25/2012 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

the problem with this product is that it doesn't really work with light colors. overall, it's good.