November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First, I must comment that I recently bought my second tube of this, and I think the formula's changed. I pulled out my old one and compare the 2, and there are some differences. First, the new wand is black instead of white. Also, the product seems thinner, not as pigmented, and takes longer to dry on the lid. But, believe it or not, these changes are for the better. Now it really is IDENTICAL to UDPP. Before I always thought the formula was too thick and almost pigmented like a concealer for it to be an exact dupe, but not anymore! Great stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by fafarella

This eyeshadow base works wonders though it can't be compared to Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion. Absolutely no creasing with this and makes my eyeshadow lasts the whole day, even the cheap ones. It makes the eyeshadow colors vivid and vibrant which is amazing but this definitely doesn't waterproof the eyeshadow. The color will slide off if you get caught in the rain, splash your face with water but spritzing mists is fine. Overall, i love it as it's not too pricey and just a little is enough thus it's value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Frouwke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Was very happy to read the positive reviews: finally, a base for me! But nope. As vivid as the colours are when I apply, after an hour the intensity is gone and after 2 hours there's creasing. I don't have overly greasy eyelids, just hooded, so I'm very disappointed. Definitely not buying again and back on the look-out for a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by chunligirl

There was a sale at Ulta and I ended up picking up this base for about $3.00 after coupons/discounts.

I personally like it. It is not as tacky as UDPP but works just as well. My lids are not too oily but there was no creasing with this primer at all and I generally wear my makeup for at least 8+ hours when I go out about time.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this base,it works well for me. Even though I have oily eyelids it does keep my shadow from creasing all day! At $7.00 it was well worth it! It's not too dry or too wet :) i only gave it 4 lipsticks because I am sure there are even better primers out there that I have yet to try! i would reccomend this and repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe it's because I have oily lids, so for dry people, there's a chance. As for me, this product creases wayyy too easily! I applied this primer, left it by itself for 10 seconds, then this thing gave me lines throughout my lids!
I thought applying setting powder over the primer would help it crease less because I do in fact like the other features of this primer, like the fact that I don't break out and that eye shadow applies pretty well.
However, I still creased a lot, as if I put grease on my lids. It's actually worse for me to apply this than to wear eyeshadow alone!
I don't get the love on this product, sorry everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

This is a great eyeshadow primer!!! I don't have much experience with eyelid primers so don't have a whole lot to compare this too, but it does everything I want. I apply a tiny amount with the sponge tip directly to the eyelid, then use my fingertip to spread and pat it across my eyelid, up to the browbone. It dries to a slightly tacky finish in seconds. I then apply my eyeshadow and bam, strong colour for the rest of the day and ZERO creasing on my crazy oily lids. Skip the expensive brands, this one does the job for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I've used UDPP but this has better staying power. My shadow was still in place with zero creasing after 18 hours! The other great part...it's only $7 at Ulta!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works very well for the price, but it doesn't perform better than UD primer potion on me. This didn't crease, but I did notice fading at the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this to someone on a tight budget. This is just good to me, but not my favorite eyeshadow primer for my hooded eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have previously used TF SI, UD PP, NARS, and LORAC BTS primers. I was in need of a new tube and had heard this was good... decided to try. I'm glad I did! I love the consistency of this. It is actually my favorite of all the ones I've tried. It holds my shadow and liner on like iron and it doesn't make my shadow look weird or thick over the top of it. It's also easy to blend over. Really brings the color and sheen out in e/s that otherwise seemed to not be very pigmented or shimmery. Love this - I will not be purchasing the overpriced primers anymore!!!