October 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Frouwke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Was very happy to read the positive reviews: finally, a base for me! But nope. As vivid as the colours are when I apply, after an hour the intensity is gone and after 2 hours there's creasing. I don't have overly greasy eyelids, just hooded, so I'm very disappointed. Definitely not buying again and back on the look-out for a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by chunligirl

There was a sale at Ulta and I ended up picking up this base for about $3.00 after coupons/discounts.

I personally like it. It is not as tacky as UDPP but works just as well. My lids are not too oily but there was no creasing with this primer at all and I generally wear my makeup for at least 8+ hours when I go out about time.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this base,it works well for me. Even though I have oily eyelids it does keep my shadow from creasing all day! At $7.00 it was well worth it! It's not too dry or too wet :) i only gave it 4 lipsticks because I am sure there are even better primers out there that I have yet to try! i would reccomend this and repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe it's because I have oily lids, so for dry people, there's a chance. As for me, this product creases wayyy too easily! I applied this primer, left it by itself for 10 seconds, then this thing gave me lines throughout my lids!
I thought applying setting powder over the primer would help it crease less because I do in fact like the other features of this primer, like the fact that I don't break out and that eye shadow applies pretty well.
However, I still creased a lot, as if I put grease on my lids. It's actually worse for me to apply this than to wear eyeshadow alone!
I don't get the love on this product, sorry everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

This is a great eyeshadow primer!!! I don't have much experience with eyelid primers so don't have a whole lot to compare this too, but it does everything I want. I apply a tiny amount with the sponge tip directly to the eyelid, then use my fingertip to spread and pat it across my eyelid, up to the browbone. It dries to a slightly tacky finish in seconds. I then apply my eyeshadow and bam, strong colour for the rest of the day and ZERO creasing on my crazy oily lids. Skip the expensive brands, this one does the job for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I've used UDPP but this has better staying power. My shadow was still in place with zero creasing after 18 hours! The other great part...it's only $7 at Ulta!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works very well for the price, but it doesn't perform better than UD primer potion on me. This didn't crease, but I did notice fading at the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this to someone on a tight budget. This is just good to me, but not my favorite eyeshadow primer for my hooded eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have previously used TF SI, UD PP, NARS, and LORAC BTS primers. I was in need of a new tube and had heard this was good... decided to try. I'm glad I did! I love the consistency of this. It is actually my favorite of all the ones I've tried. It holds my shadow and liner on like iron and it doesn't make my shadow look weird or thick over the top of it. It's also easy to blend over. Really brings the color and sheen out in e/s that otherwise seemed to not be very pigmented or shimmery. Love this - I will not be purchasing the overpriced primers anymore!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by BurgundyMist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Stop looking for another eyeshadow primer! This is HG material. I have very oily skin (confirmed by my sister, the aesthetician) and have tried to combat this with many different bases. I've used L'Oreal De-Crease, MAC paints, UDPP, ELF, and most recently TFSI for a while. I found that on my oily lids, TFSI performed better than UDPP, but it still wasn't standing the test of my 10 hour workdays.

However, the NYX HD primer does! I put on my face at 7AM and usually come home at 5ish. It even lasts through my post-work cardio at the gym! I started using this primer at the beginning of this week and couldn't believe when I looked in the mirror at the end of the day. I had zero creasing and no oiliness on my lids! My shadow still looked as crisp and blended as it had before I left the house! This is HG for sure! I feel sorry that I hadn't discovered it earlier.

If you feel like your lids are an oil factory, please give this product a shot. If it can stand up to my lids, it can withstand almost anything! continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by summerrose05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite eyeshadow primer. I used to use the ELF $1 primer, which worked pretty well for me, but now that I'm using this it seems like ELF's primer wasn't that great after all! I mean it did it's job, but it doesn't compare to NYX's in terms of staying power. I applied this under my eyeshadow at 8 am, and at 10 pm that night my eyeshadow had not creased AT ALL! I was shocked. Most of the eyeshadow was still there as well. I'm super impressed with this primer!!