April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Up until recently I had been using the Eco Tools stippling brush, and in the interests of expanding my brush horizons, I gave into the Youtube hype and got this one.

I really wanted to like this, but it ended up being a miss, such a disappointment as I'd heard so many good things about it.

The tips of the bristles are really pointy and spiky, making foundation stippling almost painful, and the application is just streaky and weird.
I found it was better for blush and highlighter, so it wasn't a total dud, but I was really hoping to use it for liquid foundation (as per its intended purpose).
I'm giving 3 lippies to account for the fact that it might have just been a bad one, but honestly, I highly doubt I'd repurcahse.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Lalalaletesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best stippling brush i've ever used. i had been looking for a brush like this or a while, all the other stippling brushed i've come across are either too large or too small (like the mac 187 and 188), but this one is PERFECT. i've recently got into using a lot of cream blushes and this is the best brush by far to apply them with. i have 5, one for every color blush. great quality and super affordable. blends my blush just right. not one complaint over here.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

I've purchased 3 of these brushes. One of my favorite brushes. Great for foundation and blush. The price is pretty reasonable, especially when you can catch it on sale at Ulta's buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is excellent for applying tinted moisturizer (for foundation, I prefer the Expert Face brush). I stipple it on, buff, then re-stipple dark spots. It takes very little time, and the result is flawless coverage. I tested this brush on one side of my face and used the MAC 187 on the other, and it wasn't even close--the RT brush was so much easier to use and more effective. I paid only $1 for this brush at Ulta (sale plus coupon plus points), but it would be a great value even at its full price. Not only would I buy again, I already did.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by PetiteAndChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For someone on a budget these brushes are affordable and well worth it.
I go to ulta where they are widely sold and shop with a coupon to take a few dollars off to save some mollah.
This stippling brush was very pleasing, when I first bought it I had doubts but when I used it I was very impressed with how it worked to make my foundation glide on easy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

The best stippling brush I own, hands down!

The bristles aren't too soft, but doesn't hurt my face. The white bristles also aren't too sparse, so I get good coverage with foundation. The best part is how short the bristles are--it makes so that the brush doesn't have too much give, so buffing is easy and flawless. Also doesn't soak up too much product.

Overall, one of my favourite brushes from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Sophina1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is a make up god-send! Used many different types of foundation brushes but this was my first stipple brush and nothing sets my foundation in place as well as this.
It doesn't go on streaky like the conventional foundation brushes and really helps in giving you that airbrushed/flawless look.
Bottom line: LOVE! MUST HAVE BRUSH. Can't wait to try their other brushes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

compared to other stippling brushes, like the mac 187 or elf studio flat top powder brush, this is very small! it's duo fibered with very soft hairs that NEVER shed. i use this to apply estee lauder double wear foundation. the brush itself is pink and the bottom is flat which is easier to store. i feel like because the brush is so small, it makes my foundation routine take longer, and prefer something bigger. but all in all, its a good soft brush and my first RT brush. it was under $10 at ulta, i can't remember the exact price, so for such a good quality brush the price is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been following pixiwoo for a while and have been looking to build up my brush collection. I freaking adore Sam.

I just got a new Dr Jart BB cream and realised that my current brush wasn't cutting it. I grabbed this bad boy in priceline for $22 (why must australia be so expensive fml).

I understand this brush is for 'stippling' but I have seen it used in the tutorials as being swept over the face which is how I mostly use it. I thought it would be perfect for my BB cream!

>> Design-- the brush is a lovely pink color, and has perfect weighting - it doesn't feel cheap. The bristles are super freaking soft.. I thought they were soft when I touched them by hand, but when used on my face I was shocked by how lovely it felt!!

>> Application - So perfect! it literally blends the cream in perfectly - does not look streaky or anything. and you just Stipple to get more coverage, which I did for my undereye circles. It truly made my BB cream look pixel perfect and my face glowing. I also tried it by stippling a Nars illuminator for highlight - it works perfectly for this.

BUY THIS BRUSH if you use tinted moisturiser / BB creams as a base - it made my face f***ing flawless (: I will never use another brush for my face base ever again!
Looking to buy the whole range now - go sam!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Eh this was nothing great I felt that it just smeared my foundtaion around on my face. The expert face brush is way better. This I now use for buffing out very pigmented blushes and my contour. Otherwise I dont use it.