August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I just can't get on with this brush at all. I think it is just too large for my face so that when I try and blend sufficiently it covers too large an area- it is quite soft with a lot of give so it isn't easy to evenly precision target smaller regions of my cheeks. I also like to work blush into my skin and I don't find this brush great for that- instead it deposits the blush almost superficially so it's more sitting on top. I have tried it with a number of products- from the highly pigmented to the less so and just can't find a way to get the sort of results that I want- ie: an even, natural flush in a directed area.
I've given it a rating of two because it does seem well made, hasn't shed and it is lovely and soft. It just isn't a tool for me.

UPDATE: I'm going to bump this up a score because I have reached for it more than I thought I would and I have found a way to get it to 'work' for me. What it is good for is picking up a light amount of a moderately pigmented blush or highlighter and very lightly swirling on to finish off a look. I know the pink coded RT brushes are for 'finishing' so maybe this final touch approach is more what they had in mind for this brush because it is working pretty well for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EmmyJeanGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This quickly has become my favorite face brush. It is so useful for applying setting powder, loose or pressed mineral foundation, bronzer, and yes, blush. The bristles are soft, do not shed at all, are easy to clean and always deposit an even layer of powder. I have not used this brush for liquid makeup so I'm not sure how it works in that regard. I've washed and spot cleaned this brush several times and it has retained its shape with no bristle loss. The shape is actually very useful for setting the under eye area. Oh and it's super cheap!! I highly recommend the real techniques brushes and this one is my favorite. If I ever need to, I will definitely repurchase! (Pretty sure the only way this brush is expiring is if my cat decides to steal it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its such an affordable price, and has not shed one single bit since I purchased it. Sad to say I was in dire need for a new blush brush after my Mac brush kept shedding all over my face :( and this indeed did the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have most of these brushes now, and can't rave enough about them. They don't shed, they clean easily and well - they retain their shape and texture. The blush brush is the best bronzer applicator EVER! It allows for a sheer application, so you don't get hard lines. Congratulations to Sam Chapman for coming up with such brilliant products and making them accessible to US!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by xmaryx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this brush along with the powder brush from Real Techniques and I love them! They are really soft, and have a nice handle with a grip. I've washed them numerous times and none of the brushes have shed at all. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

- I use this brush for my face or cheek powders. It's great! It's soft and fluffy, good size and does not shed. The handle is Pink!!!!! It's a nice touch of colour amongst my other brushes. LOVE THIS BRUSH.

- You can get RT brushes for cheap on iherb.com. It's so expensive in OZ. If you do, here's a discount code: ZEH931. $5 off purchase of $10 for orders over $40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Disappointing. I found this one too big and floppy and not dense enough to give a good blush application.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After the Stippling Brush and the Expert Face Brush, I convinced myself I was in need of a new bronzer brush that wasn't a kabuki (I don't like short handle brushes). So to Boots I went and with it I came back.
The Real Techniques blush brush is not your average blush tool. It is a domed brush made of ultra soft taklon bristles featuring a slightly pointed tip with round chiseled sides. I find it really good for the bronzer task, it swirls around the cheeks leaving the most natural flush of tan. If paired with a good blush, it lights up the complexion as if lit from within rather than just on the apples of your cheeks.
At 9.99, another good achievement by this affordable brand

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by principessa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for applying bright blush colors because it initially applies a sheer wash of color that can be built up for more intensity. It's a large brush, but the tapered tulip shape prevents it from being too big for my face. The bristles are soft and plush, and I haven't noticed any shedding yet. The price point is absolutely fantastic -- I find this to be comparable quality to MAC or NARS for half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by arclightlux

A nice brush overall. It's definitely much larger than I thought it would be from watching the Pixiwoo videos. It applies a nicely diffused wash of color for a soft finish which is very nice. If you want a more defined contour line then perhaps go with a small brush like the MAC 109 or the Real Techniques Expert face brush which is also great at contouring (such an amazing brush). I would repurchase if my brush gets old since it's not too ridiculously expensive.