October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mimi822

Real Techniques continue to blow me away with these great brushes! I honestly have stopped using my mac and sigma brushes. This is the best blush brush ever! It applies blush so well and I've even found it perfect for powder. I use this daily (:
Cannot recommend it enough.
You can order Real Techniques from iherb.com and with the code QLV352 you can get $10 off discount (:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by LSaenz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the brush, but that is all . Kind of disappointed bc I had high expectations since all the other brushes from this line are GREAT. I would rather use it for powder other than blush. Doesn't pick up a good amount of product, either too much or too little. Definitely my least favorite of all her brushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

Either I got a bad brush, or everyone here is paid by Samantha. Because this brush is absolute crap. It hurts my face so much I can't even start to explain. It even hurts when i brush it against my hand. When I compare this to my eco tools brush, its like a baby bottom smooth vs a porcupine. not to mention that this is too big to be a blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I just can't get on with this brush at all. I think it is just too large for my face so that when I try and blend sufficiently it covers too large an area- it is quite soft with a lot of give so it isn't easy to evenly precision target smaller regions of my cheeks. I also like to work blush into my skin and I don't find this brush great for that- instead it deposits the blush almost superficially so it's more sitting on top. I have tried it with a number of products- from the highly pigmented to the less so and just can't find a way to get the sort of results that I want- ie: an even, natural flush in a directed area.
I've given it a rating of two because it does seem well made, hasn't shed and it is lovely and soft. It just isn't a tool for me.

UPDATE: I'm going to bump this up a score because I have reached for it more than I thought I would and I have found a way to get it to 'work' for me. What it is good for is picking up a light amount of a moderately pigmented blush or highlighter and very lightly swirling on to finish off a look. I know the pink coded RT brushes are for 'finishing' so maybe this final touch approach is more what they had in mind for this brush because it is working pretty well for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EmmyJeanGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This quickly has become my favorite face brush. It is so useful for applying setting powder, loose or pressed mineral foundation, bronzer, and yes, blush. The bristles are soft, do not shed at all, are easy to clean and always deposit an even layer of powder. I have not used this brush for liquid makeup so I'm not sure how it works in that regard. I've washed and spot cleaned this brush several times and it has retained its shape with no bristle loss. The shape is actually very useful for setting the under eye area. Oh and it's super cheap!! I highly recommend the real techniques brushes and this one is my favorite. If I ever need to, I will definitely repurchase! (Pretty sure the only way this brush is expiring is if my cat decides to steal it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its such an affordable price, and has not shed one single bit since I purchased it. Sad to say I was in dire need for a new blush brush after my Mac brush kept shedding all over my face :( and this indeed did the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have most of these brushes now, and can't rave enough about them. They don't shed, they clean easily and well - they retain their shape and texture. The blush brush is the best bronzer applicator EVER! It allows for a sheer application, so you don't get hard lines. Congratulations to Sam Chapman for coming up with such brilliant products and making them accessible to US!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by xmaryx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this brush along with the powder brush from Real Techniques and I love them! They are really soft, and have a nice handle with a grip. I've washed them numerous times and none of the brushes have shed at all. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

- I use this brush for my face or cheek powders. It's great! It's soft and fluffy, good size and does not shed. The handle is Pink!!!!! It's a nice touch of colour amongst my other brushes. LOVE THIS BRUSH.

- You can get RT brushes for cheap on iherb.com. It's so expensive in OZ. If you do, here's a discount code: ZEH931. $5 off purchase of $10 for orders over $40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Disappointing. I found this one too big and floppy and not dense enough to give a good blush application.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No