MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

on 2/9/2013 10:04:00 PM

I've been wearing MAC lipsticks for years, but my lips hate this one. My lips aren't even particularly dry, but this shade makes them look in terrible condition, and applies streaky. It's almost impossible for me to obtain and maintain the smooth, even finish I manage with all my other MAC lipsticks (even mattes like Russian Red, Ruby Woo & Moxie). The color is interesting, but the overall effect of this on my lips is not flattering. If I want a pink lip, I'd reach for Moxie or Girl About Town instead.

on 2/1/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not on dry lips like mine... I have tons of lipstick but this one is really matte. The color is pretty but my lips cracked every time i wear this.

This lipstick is very bright, neon and PINK!! it's matte and very creamy and opaque. if you're not into the bold lip this lipstick is not for you. Candy Yum Yum will get you noticed by everyone! it's just that kind of beautiful brightness.

on 1/31/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I guess Candy Yum Yum falls into the category of "MAC Urban Legend".

I had heard so much about this lippie and every time I went to the MAC counter to get it, it was sold out. I ended up purchasing this on the MAC website, sight unseen. Crazy? Maybe.

While I like this color, it IS a very matte and a VERY, VERY bright pink. YOU MUST wear a lip-gloss over this color; preferably something that is a little darker colored pink to done down the brightness of this lippie. If worn alone, this lipstick is something right out of a horror show or a Quentin Taratino movie.

I got this in the mail last night, put it on, showed my hubs and prepared for the LOL'z to begin. He looked at me with horror in his eyes. I then swiped on a cheapo pinky gloss that I got from Forever 21 over Candy Yum Yum and suddenly I had pretty pink lips that flatter my light, cool coloring.

Candy Yum Yum is wearable if you think of it as a bright, pink BASE for the lip look you are trying to achieve. Itís sort of like when you use an eye shadow base and then build your eye look from there using different colors.

This is a bright, fun color that I will probably use more in the summer. I don't think I would repurchase it however, but I just LOVE the name!

on 1/25/2013 3:16:00 PM

For the life of me I CANNOT understand the appeal of this lipstick. Anything this neon belongs only on an entertainer, in my opinion. Absolutely hideous and non-flattering--why inflict this on yourself when there are millions of pinks out there? Yeah, I'm looking at YOU, Nicki M.!!

on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The last question is would you buy it again? Yes, but that is because I had no choice, I ordered it before the Holiday and I wanted to wear it for NYE. So I did and it looked fab, I used it with white lipmix and it was a beautiful ombre color but the reason why I had to repurchase it was because I lost it on NYE, smh!! I was so devasted & upset that I had to pay for it again when I only used it 1x but I will say I am very happy with it and glad that it did become available again! I hope I don't have to buy it again any time soon!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have kind of fallen out of love with MAC over the past 3 or so years but this lipstick made me go back to them for it! It's so pretty and wearable, I have really pale skin that is weird and sometimes pink this super saturated look terrible on me but this one works and is versatile! Totally worth it, great formula and wear...very very happy with this lipstick...really reminded me that even if I'm not into every MAC collection I still love the quality of their best lipsticks and Candy Yum Yum is awesome and one of their best!

on 1/23/2013 2:16:00 AM

Epitome of Barbie pink lipstick. The color is definitely on the vivacious side. I love matte lipsticks but I felt this one was kind of dry and the texture wouldn't come out right on my lips. All my other MACs btw are matte but this one in particular didn't come out evenly. I will keep trying however. Other than that, charming pop of animated color pleasant to the eye. Also love MAC lipsticks' vanilla scents. Definitely adds to the appeal of Candy YUM YUM. =D

on 1/21/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After waiting 3 weeks for MAC to re stock, I FINALLY received MY Candy Yum Yum, I am a PINK girl, I LOVE pink glosses, lipstick, blush anything :) This lipstick is GORGEOUS, I received a TON of compliments! U MUST MOISTURIZE ur lips prior to applying this lipstick, its matte so every dry flake will show up. I am ready to re order just to have for a back up

I have always been in love with bright, bold lip colors, but always from afar- until now. CYY is finally permanent and I tried it for kicks at my MAC counter. I knew I'd hate it, that it wouldn't look right on my NC25/30 skin, that it would be too bold... To my surprise, it's absolutely perfect. I've never owned a matte lipstick because I love gloss, but this is glorious. It leaves a gorgeous stain and never feathers or fades unevenly. Did I mention that it's perfect?

If you like bold colors, don't question if it will go with your skin color. Just try it! It's a new favorite. Highly recommend.

Popular Lipsticks