August 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by NC11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A pink lover, I jumped on this when it was re-issued. This is a fun, unique color high on impact and quite unlike (also delightful) Show Orchid. Worth buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this color and it is very vibrant. I wear it with an smokey eye look. Its very long lasting. I can wear this lipstick for evening as it is. Or sheer it out with a nude lipgloss. Loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just the fact that I own this lipstick blows my mind a little bit, because MAC has a habit of re-issuing Candy Yum-Yum at 6AM and being sold out of it by noon. I’d forced myself to dismiss the idea of ever getting my hands on a tube, but it appears that for once, MAC has put supplying the demand over flaunting it--either that, or they're fed up with Ebay sellers getting all their money. I bought it for the standard $15 at the Asheville Mall, two or three days after Christmas, no may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favour involved. So, okay, the acquisition itself may have been a little anticlimactic, but the product…DAMN. If you’ve ever wanted your lips to have the same effect as a jagged-edged comic book bubble that reads WHAM! or POW!, look no further. This is pink at its most shocking, nothing Barbie or baby about it, opaque and pigmented enough to assert itself against virtually any skin tone, from PPP (my end of the spectrum) to rich ebony. No lipliner required, which is just as well—I can’t stand the stuff. Its matte formula seems more at home on my lips than that of Ruby Woo or Russian Red, but that could be a psychosomatic thing, in that red lipsticks, much as I adore them, are a staple in every makeup company, whereas bold neon pinks are a rarity, if not a novelty. This is going to be a makeup no-brainer on days when I want to show my guts, but don’t feel up to the time consumption of sculpted gel liner or the severity of a coal-dark eye. Thank you, MAC, for coming to your senses on this one; please maintain the present course.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by iamthequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's back!

M·A·C By Request has taken fans by storm.

You asked, and we answered…

Candy Yum-Yum Lipstick is returning for good! Now back in a neon pink flash of colour - permanently!

Received this message from their website today.

Good news for those that really wanted this lipstick. You no longer have to pay the outrageous prices that people are selling if for on Ebay. But I feel bad for those that did pay premium for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by missprettybrown

Luv me some Candy Yum Yum. It is so bold and shockingly PINK!!!!!!! I pair it with Magenta,(for everyday wear), also with Current and Night Moth lip liner for more intense looks

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I think this product is great, don't get me wrong. It is a gorgeous color and it has earned the 5 lippies that I have given it. However, I do not think it is worth eBay price. As the previous review pointed out, there is a Barry M lipstick that is almost a dead-on dupe for this one. CYY (Quite Cute) was drying on my lips, the new CYY (By Request) is less so. This is a vibrant blue based pink, as neon as it gets. The main reason I love CYY is that it makes my eyes look very, very green. I do recommend it, if you can get it for a REASONABLE price, but I would not overpay for it, just my opinion.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just had to write a review..I mean damn I did spend a year trying to dupe a lipstick I never even got to see outside of a google image! I must say my loyalty to stay on the trend with dupes and it comming back out I deserve to tell people my thoughts on it! Yes it is a GREAT color and YES I do believe the big deal made over it was valid..BUT I had the same EXACT color for a couple months with the barry m dupe. Theres talk that the formula changed and from swatches it seems it might have a little...but none the less it's still pretty much the same and there might be SUBTLE hints of difference between the 3, once u put it on 99% of people wouldnt be able to tell a difference (maybe us die hard neon lippie freaks!) The formula released with the by request is exactly like the nyc cream blushes, if u don;t have one its similar to a revlon matte..but to be honest revlons is actually a little creamier! But between the mac and barry m, honestly I would take the barry m. I cant say that about the original cyy as I never had it but this one after maybe 45 mins or so sinks into the lines of ure lips (im 30, and have no wrinkles so it's not my age causing it) and u can see seen a deeper neon pink stain come out from underneath where its sunked away. It's classic lovely mac smell (which is something I rather love) point is if u missed out on this again, PLEASE don't waste ure time as I and so many people did, get the barry m, or even the new occ lip tar nylon are awesome dupes that are actually better then cyy formula

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Spikesmom110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't care for this color on me, but that has nothing to do with my rating. The formula is horribly dry so whether or not the color suits me or you, I think it's drying to the lips and looks as bad as it feels. I've heard that the more recent release has a nicer formula, but it sold out the first day it was available.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore Candy Yum-Yum. It's one of the few lipsticks that makes me feel instantly more confident. I'm a MAC NC45 (pro-longwear foundation) and I originally purchased this product because it was something I couldn't pass up and knew that the chances of me looking good with this on were slim. Gave it a chance, slapped it on and loved it! If you're an NC45 then this color will look gorgeous on!

Since this is a matte finish I would high recommend doing some heavy moisturizing before application!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your looking for a perfect bright neon and I mean NEON PINK, then this is a great option. I love to wear this on days that I'm feeling really bold especially in the warmer mths.