October 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Cheenebelle

I love pink lipsticks and i've been meaning to get this candy yum yum for such a really long time but it was always sold out. So when it came back for good i went to the mac counter right away, i tried it on and it felt so dry on my lips so i bought a cremesheen glass (Loud and lovely) at the same time to pair it with candy yumyum, i have to say that its a perfect combination very intense though. What i didn't realize is that the nars schiap lipstick that i have is very similar with candy yum yum! So my candy yum yum is still in the packaging, i'm still contemplating wether return it or not. :s if you are not a fan of a very vibrant, matte finish don't buy this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Lately I've been on a huge buying spree of red and pink lippies. CYY was one of the shades that made it home with me. This lippie is not for the shy at all. It is traffic stopping neon pink. Paired with MAC magenta lip liner it looks absolutely beautiful. Its very important to have exfoliated lips because this will show every crevice and then some on your lips. I actually applied a tiny amount of Chapstick lip balm before application. I can pair this lippie with either a black winged eye or a brown neutral eye. This and few others have gained HG status in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I am a nude lover. I buy bright and unique colors and never use them (not brave enough?). I just can't pass certain colors that catch my eye and I was sad that lipstck kept selling out so quick but I was not obsessed about having it. I saw some reviews that compared it to OCC nylon so I got that from Sephora and I like it but I still prefer lipsticks over the tars. When I saw that it was permanent, I was probably one of the first to race (why was I rushing?) to get it online. I gotta say...I really love it and that is probably because it is matte. I love matte anything, and matte neons just do something for me lol. It definitely is bright and smooth and pigmented. I would keep my makeup very simple when wearing this, unless you are adventurous with looks. I really like how it brightens up my fair skin and black hair. The color is so pigmented and bright that it appears consistent in color across different skin tones/colors but since it is permanent I would suggest trying it in stores first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by NC11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A pink lover, I jumped on this when it was re-issued. This is a fun, unique color high on impact and quite unlike (also delightful) Show Orchid. Worth buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this color and it is very vibrant. I wear it with an smokey eye look. Its very long lasting. I can wear this lipstick for evening as it is. Or sheer it out with a nude lipgloss. Loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just the fact that I own this lipstick blows my mind a little bit, because MAC has a habit of re-issuing Candy Yum-Yum at 6AM and being sold out of it by noon. I’d forced myself to dismiss the idea of ever getting my hands on a tube, but it appears that for once, MAC has put supplying the demand over flaunting it--either that, or they're fed up with Ebay sellers getting all their money. I bought it for the standard $15 at the Asheville Mall, two or three days after Christmas, no may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favour involved. So, okay, the acquisition itself may have been a little anticlimactic, but the product…DAMN. If you’ve ever wanted your lips to have the same effect as a jagged-edged comic book bubble that reads WHAM! or POW!, look no further. This is pink at its most shocking, nothing Barbie or baby about it, opaque and pigmented enough to assert itself against virtually any skin tone, from PPP (my end of the spectrum) to rich ebony. No lipliner required, which is just as well—I can’t stand the stuff. Its matte formula seems more at home on my lips than that of Ruby Woo or Russian Red, but that could be a psychosomatic thing, in that red lipsticks, much as I adore them, are a staple in every makeup company, whereas bold neon pinks are a rarity, if not a novelty. This is going to be a makeup no-brainer on days when I want to show my guts, but don’t feel up to the time consumption of sculpted gel liner or the severity of a coal-dark eye. Thank you, MAC, for coming to your senses on this one; please maintain the present course.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by iamthequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's back!

M·A·C By Request has taken fans by storm.

You asked, and we answered…

Candy Yum-Yum Lipstick is returning for good! Now back in a neon pink flash of colour - permanently!

Received this message from their website today.

Good news for those that really wanted this lipstick. You no longer have to pay the outrageous prices that people are selling if for on Ebay. But I feel bad for those that did pay premium for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by missprettybrown

Luv me some Candy Yum Yum. It is so bold and shockingly PINK!!!!!!! I pair it with Magenta,(for everyday wear), also with Current and Night Moth lip liner for more intense looks

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I think this product is great, don't get me wrong. It is a gorgeous color and it has earned the 5 lippies that I have given it. However, I do not think it is worth eBay price. As the previous review pointed out, there is a Barry M lipstick that is almost a dead-on dupe for this one. CYY (Quite Cute) was drying on my lips, the new CYY (By Request) is less so. This is a vibrant blue based pink, as neon as it gets. The main reason I love CYY is that it makes my eyes look very, very green. I do recommend it, if you can get it for a REASONABLE price, but I would not overpay for it, just my opinion.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just had to write a review..I mean damn I did spend a year trying to dupe a lipstick I never even got to see outside of a google image! I must say my loyalty to stay on the trend with dupes and it comming back out I deserve to tell people my thoughts on it! Yes it is a GREAT color and YES I do believe the big deal made over it was valid..BUT I had the same EXACT color for a couple months with the barry m dupe. Theres talk that the formula changed and from swatches it seems it might have a little...but none the less it's still pretty much the same and there might be SUBTLE hints of difference between the 3, once u put it on 99% of people wouldnt be able to tell a difference (maybe us die hard neon lippie freaks!) The formula released with the by request is exactly like the nyc cream blushes, if u don;t have one its similar to a revlon matte..but to be honest revlons is actually a little creamier! But between the mac and barry m, honestly I would take the barry m. I cant say that about the original cyy as I never had it but this one after maybe 45 mins or so sinks into the lines of ure lips (im 30, and have no wrinkles so it's not my age causing it) and u can see seen a deeper neon pink stain come out from underneath where its sunked away. It's classic lovely mac smell (which is something I rather love) point is if u missed out on this again, PLEASE don't waste ure time as I and so many people did, get the barry m, or even the new occ lip tar nylon are awesome dupes that are actually better then cyy formula