July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this mascara. I'm a contact wearer and as a result have dry eyes that seem to water constantly. Waterproof mascara is obviously a necessity! This does a good job of accentuating even the tiniest of my lashes without clumps. My gold standard mascara is lash blast (regular, waterproof did nothing for me) and while it doesn't give me the amazing soft fullness that lash blast does, I still get a nice fluttery yet full effect. If you're looking for lift from your mascara this might not be the best choice, though. My lashes are naturally well curled and this weighs them down a little.

I've had problems in the past with Maybelline mascaras stinging my eyes and causing styes, but while this stings a little on initial application I haven't had any issues. It's waterproof enough to stay on through a day of my watery eyes but comes off easily with my favorite remover. I also use jojoba oil as my primary moisturizer and haven't had any problems with raccooning due to the oil.

Overall I'd definitely buy this again. It's almost impossible to find a volumizing, non-flaking waterproof mascara, and until I find that unicorn I'll stick with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by maeve520

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! its great i have uncurled eyelashes and so i dont really need the volume because i curl my lashes! but other then that this product is amazing!! it actually does coat the lashes one by one!! very happy!! will will defiantly be buying this product again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by dannieh00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the red and blue colour of the tube! The reason I use waterproof mascaras is because I am a contact lens wearer and they tend to flake less. This mascara is waterproof but not too waterproof to the point where it is hard to get off with make-up remover. It comes of easily and leaves my lashes pretty soft (for a waterproof mascara) during the day. It really does define every lash and the rubber bristles grab on so well to my lashes! I just love how the bristles are long and not stubby. It works really well on my lower lashes too. Usually, I coat my lashes with a layer of of Maybelline Great Lash (the one with the green and pink tube is Great Lash right?) and then go over with One by One which separtes and lengthens each lash so nicely. But I do use just One by One on many days too.

I am very impressed and will forever be repurchasing this item! My favourite Maybelline mascara so far. Ugh, I just hate how drugstore mascaras are mostly $20+ here in NZ. I got One by One at a makeup sale - darn, should've bought like ten more tubes while they were on sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by LittleRedDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was impressed when I bought this mascara. I liked how the brush was rubbery, and the amount of bristles were too many to count!

It truly does live up to it's name, coating each lash. Of course, it doesn't make your lashes look like in the ad, seeming the models have fake eyelashes or 'Lash Dramatisisation', but it is still wonderful.

I would buy this again, but I found it dries up rather quick after 4 or 5 months, so you will have to repurchase if you love it.

I would buy it again for a fact! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

My favorite mascara ever! This is the best mascara out there if your lashes are short and don't stay curled for a long time. I have short, asian lashes so they don't stay curled very long and have very little volume. I've tried a lot of mascaras and they only make my lashes droop. This is the best mascara I've tried by far, it doesn't clump and it holds the curl! My lashes are actually visable when I put this on. Only bad thing is that it's a bit hard to remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I came back to this after I became dissatisfied with L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes (was giving me spider lashes and flaking into my eye). Love this stuff!!!! Why did I ever stray? First of all, the price is so reasonable compared to other drugstore mascaras (since when did it become ok to start charging about $10 a pop??), second, it really delivers on what it promises. Two coats gives me lashes that are dramatic, yet appropriate for daytime and the color of blackest black is truly very rich and super dark. I love how fluttery and thickened my lashes look after a couple coats and this waterproof formula holds a curl for my stubborn, stick straight lashes like no other I've seen. LOVE! HG status. It's always a relief to find a go-to product, especially for a mascara---auditioning new mascaras is a pain.

UPDATE: Recent downgrade---L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lash has replaced this as my new fave. I recently switched mascaras as much for a change as well as to see if there was anything out there that delivered in volume and length. See my review :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by stefanie2590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara is good, but not spectacular for me. It does not clump, the brush is fantastic and delivers volume, but it does not lengthen. I will go back to Maybelline's the falsies black drama for more length.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetfreckels

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good color, nice applicator but if flakes after 4 hours

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Willow92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, it's the most waterproof one I know of. It lengthens my lashes but doesn't give much volume, which is exactly why I love it. It's around 8 which is more than I usually pay for mascara but it's worth it, even though I usually get this with my Boots Advantage Card points.

It's quite hard to remove so I always end up with bits of it under my eyes in the morning no matter how long I spend removing it. Maybe I just need a better eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by l0vebuzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Definitely one of the better mascaras I've bought! It really lengthens my lashes and it never clumps. The formula's really dry though, and it feels dry on my lashes. But overall, my lashes look great and I would definitely buy again.