April 18, 2014 | 983 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this since I heard many good things about the UD 24/7 Zero eyeliner. I wore it to my staff Xmas party, and after about a half hour, I looked like a raccoon...The black smudged everywhere and ended up underneath my eyes. My eyes looked like they had dark shadows underneath, needless to say I came out horrendous in every picture. The pencil was creamy and pigmented, but it smudged like no other liner and was difficult to get a more defined line since it was too creamy. It can definitely be used as a black base for eyeshadows or to do a smoky look. I almost made my friend purchase this at the time I was buying it bc I was so sure it was going to be the greatest eyeliner ever...I was wrong. Very disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye pencil smears terribly. The lead is too soft. It has to be sharpened constantly and it's overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read lots of reviews that said this was great for contact lens wearers, and I couldn't disagree more. The minute I put this on, my eyes were blurry. I have a brand new pair of contacts in, so it's definitely this eyeliner that causes such discomfort. I really can't speak to staying power because I struggled with blurry eyes for the 5 hours I had it on. Yuck. Going back immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by karinjedwards

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome liner. I have oily skin and I live in Hot Humid Florida and this pencil liner stays on all day. Trust me I have tried alsmot everything but I really am happy I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sabz94

Just uploaded a picture of my eyes plastered with the thing, sorry about the crappy quality!

PROS:

Pigmentation! (Blackest of the blacks, just the way I like it)
Smooth application

CONS:

Unlike the Rimmel Eye Definer I ADORE, UD's glide on eye pencils require constant sharpening if you're an eyeliner addict like I am.
It stays put on the upper eyelid, but bleeds a little when used on the lower rim. (DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH THE RIMMEL ONE I PROMISE)
Pricewise, you would be better off with, yep, you guessed it, RIMMEL!

I'm doing this for your own good ladies! You will thank me one day :)
I myself am in dire need of a new Rimmel pencil. Boots here I come!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yikes..this is one of the worst eyeliners I've ever used. It's very smooth and super black but it has poor lasting power. I don't have oily eyelids but every single time I wear this, it migrates to my lower eye area. You can see very visible dark shadows under my eyes in a couple of hours. And like another reviewer, it strangely gets onto my contacts and totally messes them up to the point of having to toss them out. I am not a fan of the 24/liners either so I'm not suprised this was just a hot mess for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by jtblueskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

When I read reviews about this eyeliner pencil (in colour Stash, which shows up in MUA Top Picks), I was really excited to try this! I have been looking for an eyeliner that promised not to smudge for a long time, and this seemed to be the one!
I'm obviously writing now because it's not :(
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
---PACKAGING: The pencil itself is TINY! They are only about 3-4 inches long, and since the eyeliner itself is very soft, if I want to sharpen a point on it, I will lose the product very quickly. The eyeliner itself is contained in some kind of plastic (or plasticized wood?), which is difficult to sharpen but at least leaves no splinters behind in the product. I have a Quo eyeliner sharper, which creates the bluntish sort of point that's better for eyeliners (think vs. long pointy school pencils), but since the eyeliner itself is so soft, the point is still not blunt enough. I refuse to buy Urban Decay's sharpener just for this product.
---APPLICATION: Very soft, does not tug at eyelids and glides on very easily. BUT because it is so soft, the tip gets blunt easily and I end up drawing a fat line on my eyelids. I am constantly correctly with a Q-tip, and thankfully that's easy enough. I don't even bother extending the line past the outer corner, unless I want awkward teeny eyeliner, and I resort to my liquid eyeliner here.
---WEAR: Lasts well enough for an eyeliner pencil, but the worst part is that it travels. The effect is worse when I tight line. I don't get the raccoon eyes that I get from Mac's Kohl eyeliner, but it's bad enough to make me look more tired than usual at the end of the day. I'm a student trying to look fresh and fly--I can't look tired!! After all the hype about its wearing power, this is the point where I felt extremely let down.
---CONCLUSION: For the price of this product, NOT WORTH IT. I'm lucky I got them as a gift, but anyone with remotely oily skin or Asian eyelids (even double lids) will have no luck with this eyeliner. For shaaaaaaaaame :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Emohkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me, this is the best eyeliner that isn't liquid. It's super creamy, a very black pigment, and easy to apply. As I have always had a problem with liquid eyeliner, this is the pencil I use everyday. There are a few problems I have with it though.

1) I hate sharpening it. When I have makeup all over my fingers, and I go to sharpen it, it slides through my fingers. So I have to use my teeth, and that's not to good for them.
2) Sometimes right after you sharpen it, when you first go to apply it, the tip will break off because its so soft. So make sure not to sharpen it very much at all.
3) When using it, sometimes little black pieces will fall down on your face, and if you try to remove them they smudge black all over your freshly made up face.
4) if the tip falls off or little pieces do, or pencil shavings fall onto your counter, it's a PAIN IN THE A** to clean, it leaves big thick smudges all ove your counter when you try and pick it up, that you'll have to clean up right away.
5) It runs out pretty quickly...
6) The last thing that is pretty problematic is it smudges way to easily. This is great if that's what your using it for, but if you have an itch on your eye, it will smudge all over your eye make up if you scratch it. Way more so than any other eyeliner. And make sure to wash your hands after scratching so you don't get this stuff all over your clothes!

So yeah, I guess there are quite a few downsides, but I still use it everyday. And will continue to do so until I can find a better one. I just love how rich the color is and how easily it glides on.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate it. Sure, it's the blackest black pencil, but you can find liquids just as dark. I hate how super creamy it is, it smudges too easily, and sets too quickly. So when you use it, you need to have a steady hand and some Q-tips near by. One slip up, and your stuck with it! It will last ALL day, but good luck getting it off. I've tried it out several times with different removers, and every time I end up having to rub my eyes so much they feel sore! And it needs to be sharpened way too frequently! I have used it about 7 times and the pencil has less than 40% left to it! I have NEVER had a pencil go so quickly! Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ohsweetmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm honestly a tad disappointed. I have such high expectations of UD, and they let me down with this one. While the color is BEAUTIFUL because it is such a dark black (which really pops out my blue eyes!) it's a disappointment because I feel that it wears off so quickly! Keep in mind, I rim my lower lash line, so that is what my review is based off of. I don't rim my upper lid, simply because I don't care for the look on me, only if I'm getting it professionally done :) Anyway, still looking for that eyeliner that lasts a long time, and this one isn't quite it. Have to admit, a lot better than a lot I've used, and certainly up there. I'd repurchase, yet I'm planning to still continue shopping around.