September 20, 2014 | 916 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by BeachPrincess10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good blush, good pigmentation, but at the end of the day its just another blush I don't find myself reaching for this a lot though, and its not HG for me so thats why I gave it 3 lippies

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by EncantadaX2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this blush. Packaging is great but I think Nars blushes somehow look more natural when applied. This blush is a very nice pink, but with some purple in it that doesn't go well with warm skin tones. I will keep looking for the perfect pink blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a matte blush, described by Tarte as "light pink." I LOVE cool candy pink shades like Nars Angelika, and thought that this would be similar. The shade is actually not quite as bright, and leans a little towards the mauvey-pink spectrum. Pigment is good, but nothing to call home about. There's nothing bad about a blush that isn't hyperpigmented, since it becomes easier to apply and blend. You can definitely smell the clay in this one - weird, but it totally makes sense. On my NC20 winter skin, this looks very natural and subtle. Almost invisible, but still brightens my complexion. It's undoubtedly nice, but really nothing special.

Now...about the whole 12-hour thing....no way. I put this on over foundation at 8AM in the morning, and it was completely gone by lunch. I feel like if a brand advertises a long-wearing blush, it should at least wear for half the stated time. The fading was just too disappointing for me to buy this again, especially considering that it's so expensive ($25 vs Nars at $28).

A quibbling complaint, but the packaging on these is sort of cheap. There's a nice and big mirror on the inside of the compact, but the plastic just feels flimsy, and it's made of that weird shimmery plastic that reminds me of McDonald's Happy Meal toys. It doesn't affect the usage, but I don't feel like a glamazon taking this out for touchups. And touchups are inevitable.

I bought this in a mini kit w/Tarte Park Ave Princess, so it was well worth the money to use as a travel blush...but nothing more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This sheer pink blush gives me a nice glow on my light to medium skin tone. I apply it with a light hand so the color may not last twelve hours on me but that's okay. It goes on pretty smoothly too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this blush, but it just didn't work out. The pros are that it didn't break me out and it had good lasting power. Dollface is not as pigmented as the other amazonian clay blushes since I really had to pack this on just to get it to show up. Once I would finally have it on, it turned into a peachy mess on me. I returned this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this in a kit with another one of Tarte's product. I love everything about this blush: doesn't break me out, smooth application, cute packaging and it lasts all day. However, the color on my C4/NC40 skin is just too light for me. I feel like I need to pile it on for more color. But that's just my preference. It may work for others who have the same coloring as myself. I'm glad I was able to try it out though. I wouldn't mind trying the other colors they offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

TO start off with, I used to use Blissful the cheek stain by tarte (you can see a review I did of it earlier) I actually really like this blush and I'm quite shocked that the ratings aren't above 4.5 in fact! I went to Sephora and I wanted a pinky blush since I only had a coral colored blush. I picked out the tarte cheek stain in "dollface" thinking that I would loooveeee it at home. However, once i got home, it looked so violet and unflattering on my skin. It was also really light for some reason if I remembered clearly...which is weird since the tarte cheek stain in blissful can be very pigmented. I returned it the next day and decided to get "Dollface" (yes again) but in Amazonian clay!!!! First of all it was about 15 or 20 dollars cheaper (canada) so yay! ALSO, i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this blush. I have pale skin and when I put this pink blush on, it gives me that glowy innocent just-pinched cheeks kind of look! The best part about it is that it's not CLOWN pink nor is it too violet and cool. It's like the PERFECT pink. You can also layer it on and it's super pigmented. Usually one swipe of the blush will be enough color for me, so basically it would LAST FOREVERRRRRR... So for any girls who are pale in general, this blush will actually look amazing on you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This color was very underwhelming on me. Admittedly I have naturally pink cheeks,and this just didn't add anything special. This is one of the only matte blushes I have owned. Maybe I like glimmer/glitter in my blushes more than I know. For reference, I'm half asian, NC20-25.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Febere

This is a fantastic blush, because the powder is so fine it blends perfectly into the skin. It doesn't look powdery at all and it truly lasts all day on my skin. When I come home sometimes my foundation has already faded but dollface is still there.
As for the color, it's a really nice natural pink, which is not what I was expecting when I bought it, about a year ago. I thought it was going to be more like a bubblegum kind of pink, since the name reminds me of that shade. Instead it is just a healthy touch of light pink to your cheeks, but still lighter than those "natural rosy cheek" blushes, which I am not really a fan of.

Pros:
- A very fine powder
- Extremely long lasting
- Doesn't break me out
- Cutest color without looking too artificial
- Nice packaging, especially for those who, like me, have a ton of blushes, because you can see the color from outside
- Applies even and doesn't look powdery. Doesn't mess up your foundation underneath.

Cons:
- I guess you could find it pricey, but I just love it so much I think it's worth it. I have so many more expensive ones that I don't find as good as dollface (dior, nars, guerlain, givenchy)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift and have only used it once, but I find that it works great!
I prefer this powder over the cheek stain.