July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This sheer pink blush gives me a nice glow on my light to medium skin tone. I apply it with a light hand so the color may not last twelve hours on me but that's okay. It goes on pretty smoothly too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this blush, but it just didn't work out. The pros are that it didn't break me out and it had good lasting power. Dollface is not as pigmented as the other amazonian clay blushes since I really had to pack this on just to get it to show up. Once I would finally have it on, it turned into a peachy mess on me. I returned this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this in a kit with another one of Tarte's product. I love everything about this blush: doesn't break me out, smooth application, cute packaging and it lasts all day. However, the color on my C4/NC40 skin is just too light for me. I feel like I need to pile it on for more color. But that's just my preference. It may work for others who have the same coloring as myself. I'm glad I was able to try it out though. I wouldn't mind trying the other colors they offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

TO start off with, I used to use Blissful the cheek stain by tarte (you can see a review I did of it earlier) I actually really like this blush and I'm quite shocked that the ratings aren't above 4.5 in fact! I went to Sephora and I wanted a pinky blush since I only had a coral colored blush. I picked out the tarte cheek stain in "dollface" thinking that I would loooveeee it at home. However, once i got home, it looked so violet and unflattering on my skin. It was also really light for some reason if I remembered clearly...which is weird since the tarte cheek stain in blissful can be very pigmented. I returned it the next day and decided to get "Dollface" (yes again) but in Amazonian clay!!!! First of all it was about 15 or 20 dollars cheaper (canada) so yay! ALSO, i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this blush. I have pale skin and when I put this pink blush on, it gives me that glowy innocent just-pinched cheeks kind of look! The best part about it is that it's not CLOWN pink nor is it too violet and cool. It's like the PERFECT pink. You can also layer it on and it's super pigmented. Usually one swipe of the blush will be enough color for me, so basically it would LAST FOREVERRRRRR... So for any girls who are pale in general, this blush will actually look amazing on you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This color was very underwhelming on me. Admittedly I have naturally pink cheeks,and this just didn't add anything special. This is one of the only matte blushes I have owned. Maybe I like glimmer/glitter in my blushes more than I know. For reference, I'm half asian, NC20-25.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Febere

This is a fantastic blush, because the powder is so fine it blends perfectly into the skin. It doesn't look powdery at all and it truly lasts all day on my skin. When I come home sometimes my foundation has already faded but dollface is still there.
As for the color, it's a really nice natural pink, which is not what I was expecting when I bought it, about a year ago. I thought it was going to be more like a bubblegum kind of pink, since the name reminds me of that shade. Instead it is just a healthy touch of light pink to your cheeks, but still lighter than those "natural rosy cheek" blushes, which I am not really a fan of.

Pros:
- A very fine powder
- Extremely long lasting
- Doesn't break me out
- Cutest color without looking too artificial
- Nice packaging, especially for those who, like me, have a ton of blushes, because you can see the color from outside
- Applies even and doesn't look powdery. Doesn't mess up your foundation underneath.

Cons:
- I guess you could find it pricey, but I just love it so much I think it's worth it. I have so many more expensive ones that I don't find as good as dollface (dior, nars, guerlain, givenchy)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift and have only used it once, but I find that it works great!
I prefer this powder over the cheek stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the prettiest color. It actually looks like doll coloring for their cheeks. It lasts a long time and has natural ingredients. Looking forward to trying the other colors out.

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Lilikoi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color! It gives me a very fresh and sweet flush on my asian olive skin. Just use a soft hand when applying. This color is almost universal. I can see how many skin tones would work with this. It's all a matter of how you apply it. I also have Exposed, but prefer this as a more natural blush. I use Exposed during the summer for a more bronzey look. The thing I love the most is that it has Tarte's famous Amazonian Clay so it keeps my cheeks not only perfectly flush but shine free too!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would i buy this product again? Absolutley. This shade again. NO.

Let me say, if you are as pale as a vampire, have red hair, and can see your blue veins on your wrist as clear as mine, this is not going to give you a "dollface" look like you would expect a "pale pink" to give. This is not a pale pink. This is just pink. Not really a bright pink, like amused is, but on me it shows up as i would expect amused to. I am now going to try illamasqua katie to give me the look i thought this would give me. I love everything about this blush, long lasting, fairly pigmented, natural ingredients blah blah blah but this shade is not a pale pink. Sorry Tarte