October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

After Milani's illuminating powder caught my attention, I thought I'd next try this multitasking powder as well. While Milani's new packaging is very attractive, this powder is not all that special in my opinion. I had hopes that it would be similar to my drugstore HG (for the time being) Physician's Formula "Youthful Wear" . In comparison, the PF is better for my 40+ drier skin since it's creamier and smoother so it doesn't settle on fine lines or get flakey or cakey. The coverage is better with the PF and I also happen to enjoy the soft violet scent. I think Milani's powder (light-medium) is closer to my coloring than PF shades....however Milani overall is better suited for someone younger, with normal- oily skin and is good quality for the price. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Lxis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is matte and gives light coverage, but you can build it up to medium. I like using this to set liquid foundation better than translucent powders. I find that translucent powders, even matte ones, give me a white cast in flash photos, and this does not. It's great as an everyday powder too. I often wear it alone with just moisturizer underneath. For reference, I'm in NC25-30, and I use the Medium shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best touch-up powder on the market!
I gently blot with a tissue when I'm oily in the mid-afternoon, and lightly dab a bit of this powder on my oilier areas. My skin looks like I just applied my makeup! Makes me look totally revived and pulled together. Works great on hot, humid days. It controls shine really really well without being cakey.
The color selection is phenomenal and the price is great!
Pair it with that Milani HD corrector and your skin will be magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jcka

i love this powder it is my hg powder i put some concealer then i put it on top.it gives me coverage.really good!! it makes my acne marks disappear.i love it so much. i use to use the pallaido wet and dry powder but it made me look so dull but this product lets your natural glow shine trew i get so many compliments with this powder i have it in light tan but im medium but then again my face is naturally lighter than my body color so it fits me perfect!!love it!! i totally recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start off by saying this is very similar to the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder (compact).
This product glides on smoothly but the coverage is lacking. To get coverage one has to apply this a bit heavily. Then you get caking. It might just be me because everything cakes on me. I still haven't found out why it does this. I've tried different products (even those made for dry skin- my skin is not but acts like it). I've tried different primers, moisturizers and wait times in between letting those "settle" into my skin. Nothing works. So if you don't have this problem then you might like this powder. I have combination skin which tends to be pretty acne prone and didn't not see a single pimple from this. Although it does not control oil nearly as nicely as the Physicians Formula powder did. My face did stay matte all day other than my oily spots. I will probably not be re-buying this because I didn't care for it. It caked on my face but faded quickly from my oily spots (cheeks, nose & forehead). That and it did not cover redness (which I so desperately need). It might be a good setting powder for a liquid foundation but I haven't tried that. I just wanted something light to go with my concealer since I don't have much to cover. I left my over all rating a 3 because others might like this or can use it for setting liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I'm fair-medium but I bought this powder in amber color because I was looking for a matte bronzer. It works so well as a bronzer, It's super dark, not orange, and matte. It's extremely cheap and gave me a very natural looking healthy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this gem up at Walmart in medium tan. I am using it for a contour powder and it does a great job for me on my light olive (slight yellow undertones) skin. Really, I am quite fair as I work hard at not tanning any more. I have several good bronzers, both high end and drugstore quality, but none of them really work for me as contours. No sparkles, no orange tint, no streakiness. It is very powder-y so my brush tends to pick up quite a bit of product. I have to watch that. It is easy to blend out and does the job for me. I had not thought to look at face powder compacts as an alternative to bronzers. I was, in fact, looking at the baked blushes when this compact jumped out at me. Looks like a good amount of product in a sturdy container. There is the mirror and plush puff in the bottom which does make the whole thing a little bulky but I am unlikely to carry this around with me. My bronzers will remain my bronzers but I will use this from now on when I just want to contour.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by xoLoveMakeupxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst face powder ever !!! Everytime I apply it to set my foundation it made my face look super dark and I try it alone without foundation samething happen made my face look really dark ! I can't even explain it :/ but it literally left me black streaks in my face like my face look dirty and its a medium color I even try applying it with different powder brushes but No still didn't work for me and it also irritated my skin bad I was really disappointed :( since it has really good reviews .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful silky press powder that gives a flawless matte look. It sets foundation beautifully with no caking. I'm very impressed so far. I have ultra oily skin, so I do have to blot by 1pm or 2, but the oil break through is a nice glow. So it does control oil somewhat. I got light tan and I'm nc42. I use this to set Revlon's colorstay foundation. So far so good. I wish the packaging was more modern and sleek. It's nit cute to pull this out in public.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by snowdrop0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've bought three of these compacts so far. I love this stuff, it offers really good coverage and matches my skin tone perfectly. (keep in mind I have very yellow/warm undertones)