July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why did it take so long to just make a tiny mascara wand? I don't know, but it's brilliant. The formula never flakes or smudges on me, and gets all those tiny little lashes. I also use this on my upper lashes, in the inner corner where my lashes are super tiny. Will buy again, this is genius.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Whoever came up with this, *applause!*

i am Singaporean Chinese and have wimpy skinny lashes and almost invisible bottom lashes that most mascara brushes can't reach.

This helps get down to the tiniest skinniest lash and best of all, doesn't smudge and is easily removed with eye makeup remover,

LOVE!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Princesssmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this little mascara. It works so well. I can get all the tiny little lashes without making a mess. The end can get kinda clunky, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product and I'd probably buy it again. Standard "small" brush mascaras don't work on me because my bottom lashes are the very annoying Asian kind... short, sparse, and STRAIGHT; they point outwards at a 90 degree angle. Compared to people with just short/sparse bottom lashes, the biggest problem is that my lashes don't even point downwards! To the naked eye they are invisible practically! Even with tricks like using a business card under the eyes to prevent smearing, for normal mascaras...formulas can be iffy and I'd have this bad common problem of my bottom lashes tangling with my top lashes. For years, application for the bottoms were nerve wrecking and near painful because I would be straining my face attempting to do it correctly.

Clinique's formula is watery but pigmented, not too waxy and provides decent definition. It makes my life 100x easier when applying makeup, I don't need to skip mascara on the bottom lashes. The mascara is easily available and the company always has gift with purchases so the $10 price tag isn't so bad if you wait for these specials. I would like to give it a 5 rating however there are some Asian/Japanese brands who make tube mascaras for bottom lashes which are better but unfortunately harder to buy overseas... because of this I would definitely rebuy this as for a non-drugstore product the price is do-able.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the brush, it really helps getting every single lash, but this literally was flaking SO much I had to wash it off halfway through the day. It seemd like hundreds of tiny flakes, and it was driving me absolutely nuts.

I'm bummed cause I really liked the coverage it gave, but the flaking was simply not worth it. I will not be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jaylee74

It's a decent mascara; certainly not the best. I don't like putting mascara on my bottom lashes but I like how this cute tiny brush can get into every little lash my reg mascara (fairy drops) didn't get. I have a lot of lashes on my outer corner so this is perfect for that. I have tried to put it on my bottom lashes. It's decent. I did get some clumping, but scraping the extra off the wand helps that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought this mascara only bc I wanted the free gifts :P. When I opened it: cuteness(: It's literally the smallest wand ever haha. I give it a 4 on price bc it's pretty expensive for such a small product. Overall, it's all right. It just doesn't work for me bc I don't really have lashes to work with on the bottom. But I have experimented with it, and when I'm not too lazy, I'll put some on, then the mascara I use on my upper lashes. That way, they're at least half visible. I wouldn't purchase again though, only because my bottom eyelashes are basically nonexistent, so I don't need this product :p.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tawnyowl

I basically use this everyday. It never smeared or smudged on me...not even through super hot weather and swimming around in the pool/beach (of course I try not to rub my eyes). The packaging is great because it's small and I can fit it anywhere. The wand is tiny, which is great for precise application. Overall, I think this is a great product and I'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lovely concept, good execution, and the packaging is beyond cute.
I *sort* of understand the small quantity, as most of us don't slather on a ton of bottom-lash mascara, and surely a long wand would have defeated the purpose, but... still. Something about it grates when it costs the same as a full-sized tube of good mascara.
I liked it, it works well, and if you're curious, definitely give it a try. For myself, I won't repurchase as it's too many of my makeup dollars for such a small amount of limited-use product.
An excellent alternative to this is the drugstore "Lash Discovery" mascara with the tiny wand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

After anticipating this mascara for way too long, I finally bit the bullet during the lastest Clinique Prime Time. I just like to get free gifts! ;p As we all know, a tubing mascara only need warm water to take off so it's gentler on the lashes compared to normal smudgeproof/waterproof mascaras. This is no different from the half a dozen tubing mascaras I've tried and loved (for my bottom lashes--I need curl holding and waterproof for my top lashes). It works great and is layerable as long as you don't wait until it dries completely, and it's easily removed without fuss. What I like about it is indeed the tiny brush that grabs onto my smallest lashes and makes them look dark, silky, and noticable from three feet away. Although I have to say that I am easily pleased when it comes bottom lashes since mine are barely existant and any tubing mascara gives me the same results. The cute packaging is what made me decide to buy it. However, I was incredibly disappointed--after paying--that it only contains 2mL of the glorious product. Granted I won't need much since it's made for those tiny lower lashes, but even the GWP mascara I got from them contains more! (that one was 3.1mL) the normal quantity of mascara is usually around 7-9mL and CG LB has 13.5mL of jet black goodness inside its tube, so seeing that I paid for a mere smaller than sample tube makes me wonder how Clinique is laughing their head off watching us pay for this little bidule. I'll probably buy this for friends as a nice little surprise, but I will not repurchase this for myself. Overall, I do like it for what it does but I absolutely have to dock off a lippie for the scaming deal.