April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

For a higher end brand, this product is really not very expensive (about $12). The container is quite small though with little product. But, since it's only being used on your teeny bottom lashes, I suppose it's worth the price.
The brush is ADORABLE. It's so tiny! If packaging or gimmicks draw you in (yes, I'm a sucker), you'll fall for this immediately. It's like Barbie's miniature mascara. And not only does it look appealing, but it works well too. It catches all the little lashes and really opens up the eyes. The formula is great - no clumping or flaking. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by liimegreeen

This is an HG product for me. Up until I found this, getting mascara on my tiny blonde bottom lashes was a messy chore. The price is great too. My only complaint is that it's a bit on the wet side.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by RW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara and use it on both top & bottom lashes. For a non-waterproof mascara, the staying power is great - it lasts til the end of a sweaty, dancing club night!

It is very subtle and not flaky. Lengthening rather than volumizing.

Although it is a bit pricey for a small tube, it is a mixed blessing because it forces me to repurchase regularly (and mascara s/b replaced often).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sparrow4242

Fan-freaking-tastic! I have some seriously sparse, straight, oddly-curled bottom lashes, and this stuff is amazing. I also use it on the inner corners of my upper lashes, and haven't had any flaking or smudging. It's reasonably-priced, and the tiny little brush gets every single lash. My new HG mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have weird, curled bottom lashes, so I was never able to get mascara on them with the huge volumizing mascaras I like to use on my top lashes. It made me look like a crazy doll. Therefore, I was super excited to try the Bottom Lash mascara. The brush is the perfect size to catch my bottom lashes and it doesn't smudge at all. The reason I rated this mascara down? It gives me huge clumps! Maybe I got a "dud" tube, but no matter how I apply it, I get big chunks of mascara on my lashes that I have to figure out how to comb off (not an easy feat!) I will probably not purchase again. I love the brush but the formula does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by cick

I have always been a strictly top lash mascara girl...until now. This little bottle is absolutely great: the formula doesn't smudge and it is really easy to apply. The brush is tiny - like a doll's mascara. I have reaquainted myself with my bottom lashes - now my eyes look framed and fluttery (!) and I realise how lop-sided it all looked before...

I paid $28 AU which is fine for me. I gave it three stars because obviously I would prefer all fab products to be $2.95, however, I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by carolinewknight

I absolutely love this mascara from Clinique. It lasts throughout the day and doesn't smudge, aswell as being almost waterproof. Another one of their products I hoard up on when I go to the states. One tube tends to last me a while for me as I only need to go over the bottom lash 2 or 3 times at the most and I'm done. Also love how it is not difficult to remove at the end of the day, unlike many other mascara's I have tried in the past. Definately a repeat-buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been considering this for a while & finally bought it to bump up my Sephora order for free shipping. So glad I did! I am very nearsighted and struggle with the bottom lashes. It always smudges. This brush makes it SO fast and easy! Two swipes on each eye and you're good! I was concerned that dealing with a separate brush would take too much time, but it actually SAVES time spent manipulating the big brush and cleaning up smudges. In fact, I have even used this on my top lashes. Best of all the mascara, while not waterproof, is very water-resistant--no flaking or smearing and lasts long into the night. I hope enough people discover this product that it stays in the Clinique lineup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was quite taken aback by the size of the tube - it is tiny, smaller than the mascaras they give away in GWPs. I have pretty long lashes on the bottom, but they are very fair and tend to get covered in concealer while I do my make up, so I have always used a mascara on the bottom lashes. In fact, I was using a mini GWP tube of High Impact mascara on my bottom lashes before I bought this, and the brush itself was fine but it would always flake and smudge. My regular volumising mascara looked too dramatic for daytime if I used it on the bottom, so I was on the quest for a smudge-proof product. This is it. It doesn't budge all day and leaves me with the perfect definition without looking clumpy. It never flakes or smudges.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but my usual eye make up remover takes this right off, no need for the whole warm water and fingers removal. I am obsessive about getting every scrap of mascara off and my usual remover does this with absolutely no problems if I use it on a cotton pad as usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jekkah

This does not budge. It stayed in place w/o flaking throughout a 2-hour ballet class. That is all!