July 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

OK, I have been a do-it at home hair dye junkie since I was in the 8th grade. Started with wash-outs & moved my way up to permanents (even though I don't have any grey) just to try new things so I have used about every at-home hair color under the sun.

I naturally have very dark brown hair (Dark Ash Brown) & what always happens, even with permanents, is that they wash out eventually, not totally, but enough, & I am left with a medium brown hair with reddish (not brassy) highlights. The color actually comes out looking OK, so that isn't the problem, but I want my DARK hair color & every permanent I have ever used washes out to a lighter brown no matter how I maintain it after dyeing.

Well, I thought I would give this mousse in Darkest Natural Brown a try & I LOVE it!!!!

I will never use regular hair color again. The mousse is totally the way to go. It was easily to apply & covered all sreas, even the dreaded crown of the head that I always miss. I put it on in 5 minutes & had no dripping at all & the color is BEAUTIFUL!

It looked more black than brown when I started but a few washings & now it is that gorgeous Dark Ash Brown that I have been looking for. I did it recently so I am hoping that this won't disappoint & wash out too but it is hands-down the best at home hair color I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Kimpoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good hair dye! I was so surprised when i saw all these bad reviews, because to me this dye didn't have any downsides at all! I purchased the color 70 and it turned out to be exactly the same color as the box. The conditioner is very good too! Will definitely use this dye again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I am naturally a dark blonde colour, and for the past year have been bleach blonde.
I decided to go back to my natural colour to make my hair healthier and so I can grow it, So I went and looked at some hairdye kits..
I decided on 3 brands each claiming to give you shiney dark blonde hair... I picked this one, "pure dark blonde" (basically from the pretty packaging) and decided to use it the next day.
It seemed ok when I prepared the dye and put the lid on.
But first problem: I have lots of hair, and the moussey foam doesnt spread, So i ran out!! so I had to desperately mix water through my hair to spread it.
Second problem, it developed REALLY FAST! It says to leave it on for 30 mins.. I left it on for 15 and my hair was a dark brown!!
I was left with dark brown uneven color :(
The next day I had to go get a colour stripper from the salon (which was $50), and then the next day 2 toners and a treatment, another $45!!!!!!! And my hair is now a caramel blonde and damaged.
Terrible product!!! Maybe it would be ok for thin, dark hair.. otherwise DO NOT BUY!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rosieque

I wish I had looked at the reviews here before buying this product. My hair is really long and thick and I had never coloured it before but just felt I wanted to change it up a bit and bought this product on impulse. Well I put it in and waited the recommended 30 minutes and when I washed it out my hair felt so dry and dull. For the first time in my life I now lose hair when I comb and wash my hair. And the colour? Zip, nada, zero. The exact same as before but looks worse in my new frizzy set of hair... Don't buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lkandrews

This is hands down the worst hair color I have ever used, I have been coloring my hair for years and decided to try this product as I have a 1 year old son and husband that works out of town and thought maybe this "super easy to apply" mousse would save me some time. As I was applying the color I felt like there could be no possible way that I would get an even application as as soon as the mousse hits your hair it dissapears, there is no "lathering" involved as the photo would suggest. Finally, after the half hour processing time and rinse, my roots came out RED (by the way, the shade I chose was PURE BLACK) and the lighter fringe around my face turned BLONDE....how is this even possible. This is the WORST hair color ever, and the biggest waste of $10.00 and an hour of my time. I would love to email them and ask for my money back but conveniently there is no email address to be found for anyone, in the entire company. Thanks alot Loreal.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lilballerina

The mousse application was really easy, I even did it myself. It covered all of my hair evenly and it only took 30 minutes to dye my hair just like the instructions said (I have very dark brown hair). The only thing I didn't like about this product was the fact that it faded a fair bit the second time I washed it. I really liked the first colour it dyed my hair and then after I washed it for the second time it was noticeably lighter, but other than that it works great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by zone23

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A disaster. I used Light Brown and it came out very dark brown even though I only left it on for 15 minutes. To add insult to injury it completely ruined the condition of my hair. Avoid at all costs.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by witherme

I'll start out by saying that I have VERY damaged hair. It has been bleached to oblivion and, in defeat, I choose a nice light brown (pure light brown) to put in as a last resort to let my natural hair grow out. If I had read these reviews before putting the mousse in my hair, I most certainly wouldn't have braved it. However, I did not. Thankfully, my hair is in no worse condition than it was before colouring. Phew!

The colour developed very, very quickly. I can't imagine what colour it would have ended up had I left it for the suggested 30 minutes. As is, I put the colour on, foamed it up like a shampoo (very easy and neat), and washed it out almost immediately. The colour result is an even, light brown that is perhaps a little warmer than I would have liked, but shows some subtle highlights and is very nice and glossy (which is a mean feat with my damaged hair). If I ever planned on dying my hair again, I would use this. Just be sure to watch the colour closely as it develops.This one is super hasty on the darkening front.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll give this 2 points: 1 for the ease of application (it really is super easy and mess-free) and 1 for the color (the length of my hair was very shiny and healthy looking and the color was a soft dark brown--not too black, like with some dyes). But--and this is a big but--it didn't cover my grays!!! And since this is the *only* reason I color my hair, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by savannahleigh1

I saw the Loreal Sublime Mousse on a commercial and was so excited to try it knowing that I was due for an all-over color! I then went to Target to pick it up and went home eager to try this product. I had read reviews and was a little skeptical but still gave it a shot. The application was super easy and I loved the no-drip foamy consistency. It was not messy whatsoever, and it came right out in the shower. However, after my hair dried, I realized it did not dye my hair at all. It was the same color as it had been before I dyed it. I read the instructions and did everything right! This would have been a great product but it left my hair colorless... would not buy again!