July 25, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have actually been debating tossing this one for the last month or so, and keep talking myself out of it. There are great cheap dupes for MAC Trax and Beauty Marked on the right side; if you were wondering about either of those colors, pick this up. However, compared to Comfort Zone, the colors are much more chalky and harder to blend. I can only use one color from this palette at a time, because when I try to blend them with each other they go muddy. The two brow bone shades have started to crumble and fall out of the pan, which is odd because I haven't moved this palette since I brought it home from the store. Apparently they are so powdery they can't even stick the the pan. I think eventually I will talk myself into throwing this away. This is best for trying out new shades, but not for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a bunch of different eyeshadows, and a bunch of different brands. I went out the other night and used this for the first time. It was so pretty and pigmented. I used my Benefit Get Figgy as a base because I was going to do a gold look, but it didn't affect the colors of these shadows. It makes it so convienent to use this pallette and the colors are soooo amazing to be WNW. I have the brown and green one, and I want to get the third one. You can't beat these for the quality and the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by CristinaIsabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the 2 other 8-pan color icon palettes and they are absolutely fantastic. This one, however, is not as great as they are. I was not going to get this one but decided, "why not?" and went for it. The colors are beautiful in the palette but don't show up the same when you actually apply them. They are also a bit hard to blend. I do like this palette and am not upset over purchasing it though I was disappointed that these shadows weren't as good as the other palettes'.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product as much as I love comfort zone, as many other MUA users. but, just like the others, I was a bit disappointed. it's not that I don't like this palette, but the colors are less creamy and easy to blend than the other one I have. they are a bit more on the chalky/powdery side (especially the light ones). still, most of the shades are really pretty, and I use it a lot to do simple day looks which brighten my hazel eyes. I like to match them with purple or brown eyeliner for a subtle look. the dark colors are just too black unfortunately. once applied is really hard to see the purple shimmer. all in all, a nice product for everyday looks, just not so pigmented and easy to work with as the lovely comfort zone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I love purples and lavendars so I really gravitated towards this palette. I especially love using the right, eyelid shade (a gorgeous, red-based purple with gold shimmer) to blend my crease and my highlight together. Unfortunately, the formula left too much to be desired. It's quite chalky so it's easy to over-blend. I pack the color on and use primer and even still the color fades to a wash by lunchtime. If you love neutrals, this palette would be just fine for you (they look bold in the pan but they wash to a very neutral shade once applied. But for those of us who love very pigmented shadows, this palette was a bit of a disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this at walgreens for $5.

the colors are not very pigmented which is why i usually use the left column for work makeup.
These colors on the left side are very matte, not shimmery & that is why they are perfect for work.
I skip the glittery blue looking one.

The worst color is the top left white one (highlight), it is just chalky white blah. Nothing special at all.

The best color is the top right one (highlight), that pink is so silky & nice looking.

I also like the left side eyelid one because it is an all around cool color.

The reason i said i would not buy this product again is because it isn't as awesome or pigmented as the others. Yes i can use it for work & it looks fine but
I wish it was similar to the color texture & finish of "im getting sunburned" because now THAT is some thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Bellasima

I don't get all the hate for this Palette! I love the colors, they are vibrant and easy to blend, I get no fall out, and gorgeous eyes every time. I reach for this almost daily and as far as drugstore shadows go, if Wet 'n' Wild keeps their products like this, it may just keep me out of Sephora.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also have the "Comfort Zone" palette - which I LOVE so I bought this one thinking it would be eaqually as good. Not.

As previous reviewers have stated, the colors apply much differently than they appear in the palette. They become a muddy muddled mess. Very difficult to blend as well. I think I will be passing this on to a freind's teenage daughter ...

Not worth the $4.99 I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Color Icon palette that I've tried and didn't like. I will probably never use this. The colors are so appealing in the pan and when swatched (for the most part) but they are so awful to work with. The "definer" on the right side in particular seems to be a lovely black with shimmer, but appears to be the same color as the deep purple above it and when you try to blend it is a disaster. I like the highlight shades, but they are nothing special. If you already own Lust, don't buy this. And if you don't own either.. buy Lust. Please! It is better quality and less ...massive! I still love you WNW, I understand we all make mistakes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a huge disappointment for such a beautiful looking palette. Although the colors themselves look so gorgeous in the pan, the end result has much to be desired.

I bought this palette at CVS based on the hype I saw online. Given the price, I figured what the heck. Well, given the price, it was an unfortunate waste of money.

The paler shadows go on chalky and flat, and the darker shadows go on very unevenly and a bit muddy. The eyeshadows also seem very soft and crumbly, which translates into a ton of fallout on your face.
All of this I can handle for DS eyeshadow, but the biggest disappointment is that the color in the pan is not the color that shows up on your skin. (Note: I am NW20 with brown hair/eyes)

Also, this is a personal pet peeve of mine, but I find that swatches on wrists using water to dampen and a heavy hand do not translate that way onto your lid, especially if that is not the same method you would use to apply to your lids. Your fingers deposit much more color than you normally would get onto an eyeshadow brush.

Anyway, after trying different ways of using the palette, I was so fed up that I literally just threw the palette right in the trash. Thank goodness it was cheap, because it wasn't even worth the gas to drive back to CVS for a refund. :(

I liken this experience to one where you you watch an infomercial for one of those "As Seen on TV" gizmos. You watch the lady with the bright smile show you how wonderful the product is, but as soon as you buy one yourself and try it out, you find that it's cheaply made and it doesn't perform as well as you thought it would.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No