Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Petal Pusher 736

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/7/2011 12:42:00 AM

not as buttery as the Comfort Zone palette but still very happy w/ the ICON series from WNW, always a great value for very pigmented shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely a great buy. For the price you pay the quality is excellent. I have paid a lot more money for similar if not worse quality. Not all the colours are clear winners but most are. They are all quite pigmented and last at least 6 hours - which is not bad considering that at $5 for the set, it comes out to less than $1 each colour. I'm not a WnW person, and only bought this on a whim. Someone had left it at the cash register when I was checking out some other things. I thought the colours were pretty and when I found out how much it was I figured, hey, why not. I was extremely surprised by the overall quality. So much so I went out to buy the other two sets.
A great buy!

on 8/19/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

The packaging on WnW products is usually crappy but for the price it's really nothing to complain about. I really love this palette and I've been using it alot lately. It looks amazing with my hazel eyes. The pigmentation is awesome, but even with a good base I find the color starts to fade around 4-6 hours after application. I do have oily lids though, so maybe that's it. I would definitely buy this again because 8 gorgeous shadows for under 5 bucks is a great deal! You can buy colors you might not usually try and it's no great loss if you don't like them. Plus you can return opened makeup to Walgreens and CVS so I really suggest trying this if purples are your thing.

on 8/18/2011 3:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Straight to the point, these we're not the shades of purples I was looking for. They were too dull, plain, and boring. I did a few looks with the palette and the next day took it back to Walgreens.

Wonderful pigmentation, had no problems with that and can see it working for people who LOVE neutrals yet b/c its summer i'm leaning more on vibrant bright colors. In my opinion these are just not for summer... Its just blah, my face looked blah with each look I did with this palette. End of story.

on 8/16/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What a disappointment for such a beautiful looking palette. Although the colors themselves look so gorgeous in the pan and that's about it. I bought this palette at CVS based on the hype I saw online. The paler shadows go on chalky and flat, and the darker shadows go on very unevenly and a bit muddy. The eye shadows also seem very soft and crumbly, which translates into a ton of fallout on your face. I have the other 2 WnW 8 pan palettes and LOVE them, so I figured I'd get this one, too. Out of the 3, this one is my least favorite. It is much more chalky

on 7/26/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great for the price. Lovely purple shades, excellent for brown and green eyes :D Smooth shadows, excellent pigmentation. A couple of near mac dupes in this palette. Worth looking into for the 5.00.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I guess I can understand the hate for this palette. I, myself, quite like it. I have this and Comfort Zone. Is Comfort Zone more buttery and pigmented overall? Yes. BUT, these are $5 palettes with 8 eyeshadows in them. Could WnW have done a better job with some of the chalkier shades? Yes. I've been wearing this palette for a couple of weeks now and have been working with it to achieve the highest level of pigmentation on my lids. Some shades I put on with my finger or a sponge tip applicator and they come off really well. I consider this more-for-your-money palette worth working with because it IS cheap and because it is NOT MAC. Even MAC has some hits and misses in their palettes. The shades in this palette are lovely. All of them are workable with a sponge tip and some primer. I had no problem creating a purple smokey eye with every. Single. Shade. The shadow that is in the right column, second one down is an almost spot-on dupe for MAC's Trax (with better pigmentation). If you buy the palette for that shade alone, you are saving money.

Overall, a few of the shadows are a bit chalky (that's why I took off a lippie) but the others are rich, vibrant, and buttery. Give this palette a chance, work with it a bit. Heck, for $5, I'll repurchase just for the Trax dupe!

on 7/8/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have the other 2 WnW 8 pan palettes and LOVE them, so I figured I'd get this one, too. Out of the 3, this one is my least favorite. It is much more chalky and much less pigmented. It's not BAD for the price, but it just doesn't measure up to the vibrancy and velvety texture of the other 2 8 pan palettes. While I use the other 2 all the time, I can tell this one won't be reached for very often....

on 7/4/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I purchased this and Comfort Zone. Of the two, this one is not my favorite. I mean it is not horrible but the pigmentation falls a bit short with me. A part of me was hoping that the purples would be more intense and true to color when applied on the lid. The texture is a bit soft on me, which in turn translates into muddy colors. I tend to use other eyeshadows from another brand and use one shade from this palette to boost it up, I guess. But for $5 USD, it is not the worst by far. Nice palette for someone new to makeup or is seriously cheap a.k.a. my mother *lol*.

on 6/24/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have actually been debating tossing this one for the last month or so, and keep talking myself out of it. There are great cheap dupes for MAC Trax and Beauty Marked on the right side; if you were wondering about either of those colors, pick this up. However, compared to Comfort Zone, the colors are much more chalky and harder to blend. I can only use one color from this palette at a time, because when I try to blend them with each other they go muddy. The two brow bone shades have started to crumble and fall out of the pan, which is odd because I haven't moved this palette since I brought it home from the store. Apparently they are so powdery they can't even stick the the pan. I think eventually I will talk myself into throwing this away. This is best for trying out new shades, but not for everyday wear.