Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 1/2/2007 5:28:00 PM

This eyeliner gives a nice definition to one's eyes, and can be subtle or intense. I use the cafe shade and am very pleased with how easy it is to apply. It lasts all day, and even the next day. Overall, a great product. Bravo Lancome.

on 11/18/2006 8:01:00 AM

hands down, this is the best eyeliner i've found yet. stays put all day, doesn't run down my face if i uh, get something in my eye, and they have a good color selection also. the only downside is the price, at $22 a pop, but you can get it for half that on ebay. plus, when you consider all the money you've wasted on eyeliners you hated, it might not be that expensive when you use the entire thing! BEST EYELINER EVER!

on 10/29/2006 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ok I got this for $3 at an outdoor flea market. This stand carries only top name department store cosmetics(where does he get this stuff from?) and the price is right! I wouldn't spend $22 for LeStylo because it does have a tendency to smudge & fade after a few hours & doesnt't live up to its waterproof claim. BUT.. it does glide on smoothly and Noir is a true black. The formula is so creamy and doesn't tug or clump up like some liners do. I think I would re-purchase at the flea market again but wouldn't pay top dollar for it. Lancome should market a totally waterproof liner like MAC does; I really love Lancome products.

on 10/17/2006 7:34:00 PM

I have been using this for ages but never reviewed it. I must admit I am surprised by the very negative reviews as this is the best eyeliner I have found and is a staple for me. Simply put, it outlast any other pencil eyeliner I have tried and you cannot beat the convenience of a pencil.

Eye make-up never last long on me, first I seem to have oily lids for some reason so make-up "glides off" easily and second I travel a lot so there is a lot of dried eye that I rub, teary eyes because of sun and sweat etc.... So I went on a quest for an eyeliner that would stay on and this was the clear winner. It stays on for 8 hr with no touch ups which is excellent for me. I have Prune, Cafe and Bronze and love those colors.
Don't get me wrong, BB gel eyeliner stays on longer and I use it when I can but when I travel, I can't be bothered with the glass jar and the brush and when I am running late in the morning, I can't take the time to fuzz with the BB gel eyeliner when this pencil eyeliner takes 10 sec and I am done.

So in short, BB gel eyeliner is my HG when I have the time and this pencil eyeliner is my HG when I don't have the time or I travel.

on 7/5/2006 2:21:00 AM

PLEASE....Waterproof this is NOT!!! $22 for what? This is worse than any $5 truly waterproof drugstore pencil liner. I put this on and immediately it looked smeared....one hour later I looked like a raccoon...

I lightly splashed my face with water - I took a white paper towel and lightly blotted my face and then my eyes...what remained on my eyes came off...

I've been wearing makeup for as long as most of you young ladies are old...I've had my share of makeup and this is in the Wet n Wild category!

this stuff is going back!

on 5/24/2006 1:11:00 PM

Of course you can't sharpen it, it's not a pencil! It's in a swivel thing that you twist up. I've been using this for years, and I never had a problem using the swivel tip. It's the best eye liner I've ever used, and I've used hundreds, believe me! Stays put no matter what. Doesn't smudge off, cry off, not even sleep off, this product stays put. I still occasionally try other liners just because of the high price factor, but I still come back to this. It's simply the best.

on 5/2/2006 10:20:00 PM

This looks so nice- I like the package, the pencil design, the smudgy thing on the end... But the product itself f**king sucks. I can't sharpen it because it breaks off in the sharpener, it's not waterpreoof, and it does not stay on. Plus, it was really, really expensive as far as eyeliners go. Bad, bad, bad... ) :

on 3/4/2006 12:18:00 AM

I bought this on ebay which didn't come with the smudger end. The packaging sucks cause the pencil doesn't twist down. But I like the quality of the eyeliner cause it goes on smoothly and the black I got was nice. But I prefer the revlon colorstay one to this. UPDATE** I've been using this for more than week and find it ain't waterproof! I had some really mild tears today and my entire eyes were smeared with the black liner cause that was all I wore on my eyes today. Shame on Lancome!! Dropping this from 4 to 1.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product...in a word...SUCKS. Firstly, it smudges like crazy. An hour after applying, I have racoon eyes. Secondly, it is not waterproof at all. Thirdly, the mechanical pencil thing stopped working long before I had finished the product.

What a waste of money!

on 1/22/2006 7:36:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Noir and love it. It's not my HG as far as black eyeliners go because it doesn't appear jet black and also isn't very waterproof. However, the staying power is very good under normal conditions and it goes on very smoothly without tugging. I would give Le Stylo 5 lippies if it had the staying power of Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, but retained its super soft, rich texture.