Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Tipsy

4.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Tricaprylin, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Alba, PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Tin Oxide, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470). ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 And Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 4/12/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

1st of all my photo is from gouldyloxreviews.blogspot.
Where do I start?
I was horrified when I 1st saw it at Sephora - there was no way I was gonna put that orrange thing on my face. Well, I did! That was the very 1st blush w/amazonian clay that I purchased and I will never regret it. It is short of miracle. It is strong peach w/coral undertones (it doesn't show in the pan though). Extremly easy to apply and blend, stays on (my skin devours make up with its dialated pores). I can go 4-5 hours without a touch up. Normal gals will get the whole day out of it. Don't feel intimidated by the bright orange color - it will show beautifully as a flush of warm peach with a bit of coral. Oh, it is perfect for summer especially. I use it almost every day with neutral eyes or warm e/s and warm lips (I like Buxom gloss or See sheer lipstick by MAC). I like to wear a peachy sweater or any other warm toned top and it will pick up the color and make it even more vibrant and just gives my face nice warm healthy looking complection. I wouldn't use it with smokey eyes though it is a bit too vibrant. If I want to tone it down for smokey look I put Tipsy and then Dollface (pink) and I get the best natural looking blush. The best part is that it is totally SHIMMERLESS (can I say that?). No sparkle, glits, just the nice even, natural looking color. You know the one "She is born with it".
Also I have crater pores on my cheeks and it never settles in them, never oxidizes or underlines my imperfections. Guess if I am gonna repuchase it.

on 4/8/2011 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Problem: I loved the color of Tipsy as a cheek stain but never could fully get behind the cheek stain formula.

Solution: Amazonian Clay blush in Tipsy

Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush is so far superior to the cheek stain in terms of finish and wear and offers the same beautiful shade. This intensely pigmented blush is easy to apply and blend and wears like a dream. No color change, no disappearing acts - just pure matte peachy coral prettiness. It's a fantastic spring/summer shade. You could go very bright with this quite easily, though I've found that I can easily ramp down the intensity with blending. My cheeks are not super oily, so I have not noticed much in the way of shine control, though I can say that this has not irritated my skin in the slightest.

I could take or leave most of Tarte's product line, but this blush is a winner.

on 4/3/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The outer packaging suggests this would be orange or peach but it's actually a lovely pink coral with some orange tones in it. It's a compact with a mirror and the powder has a design imprinted on it, nice :). Very very pigmented, and long-lasting as promised. I'd say these are pretty versatile as you can go really sheer for a natural perk me up, or with a regular hand add a punch of defining colour. I won't repurchase because I'll never run out, lol!

on 3/10/2011 7:27:00 PM

There aren't very many HG products out there for me, but this has got to be one of them!!!

Having the oily skin that I do, my blush tends to fade as my cheeks get oily throughout the day. NOT WITH THIS!!!! The color does not fade one bit, and keeps my cheeks looking naturally matte all day.

Tipsy is a color to die for! A beautiful matte coral. It's very natural looking but when built up looks amazing as well. I have many blushes, I almost talked myself out of this because of that. I kind have wished that I wouldn't have discovered this because now I want a few more colors.

I can see me using this a lot this summer. :)

on 2/22/2011 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this color! My first Tarte product was their cheek stains but I got bored with the color I purchased and thought that a coral color would suit my skintone better (NC44). I found someone's blog and they had posted up Tarte's new line of Amazonian clay blushes with various swatches and I immediately fell in love with Tipsy. I went to Sephora the following day and quickly tried it on, saw that it looked PERFECT with just a small dab of color, and grabbed the last one they had!

I walked by the MAC counter later on and the SA asked me what color I was wearing cuz he thought my blush looked really pretty! I also get compliments about the color from friends and coworkers ... Guess I found my HG blush :)

A week later I went into Sephora and Tipsy was STILL sold out! Grab it while you can!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Wow. Most amazing blush I've every tried (and I'm one of those blush addicts). This works for all skin types but oily skin girls YOU MUST GET THIS. I get very oily throughout the day which makes me look gross but this keeps my cheeks matte and healthy looking. I'm planning to buy tarte's finishing powder with amazonian clay too. The color payoff is amazing also and gives me a flush look. I'm planning to buy more colors.

on 2/1/2011 8:58:00 PM

LOVE, people. It IS the shade of Tipsy! Just in a matte version. The compact is so cute, too, in the exact shade of the Tipsy Stain packaging.

Okay, I am excited about these. I am def. getting more. This baby really is a true MATTE blush but it does not look flat on the skin, and I appreciate that. Sometimes you just need a good matte blush in a bright popping shade. This one IS surprisingly long-wearing, as well, for a powder blush. Try layering it over Tipsy stain after it sets for a minute. Good job, Tarte! I will try another color soon.