September 21, 2014 | 996 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by MarlaIsOk

i really like this lip treatment it does honestly work and I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by phillipalouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought various shades of these when they were on 3 for 2 in boots when they were first released after watching reviews online and hearing the hype about them. I was so excited to use them as I usually use Revlon Lip Butter or vaseline and fancied something different.

I was sadly mistaken about the quality of this product. I don't know whether it was just my skin or had a bad reaction but this dried my skin out around my lips to the point it became flaky. I dont even have sensitive skin, nothing ever irritates it! Ive never had that happen before! I had used the plain one a couple of times to see if it was an ingredient in any of the coloured ones but in fact it just made them worse. I was so disappointed as the colour was so sheer and just what I was looking for but I certainly wont be using these again.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend these to anyone, a bad purchase in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by koreancracker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is something to die for! It leaves your lips so moist and kissable. I am currently using the pink one which leaves a pink tint onto my lips which I use as a base for my lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Pretty meh, but leaning toward the better side, which is why it got 4 lippies. I noticed a lot of people saying that this dried their lips out; not so for me. After hearing thirty bazillion good things about this from friends and family, I bought one, and...I'm not really that impressed. When I buy a tinted balm, I'm looking for something that's not "whoa lipstick" but is not just barely MLBB. The glossiness of these is nice, and I find that if I use it enough, it does actually help with my chapped lips (which happens way to frequently for me.) I like the mint scent (although I'm not sure if they all smell the same way), and overall, I think it's a decent product. I wouldn't get excited if I got a bunch of them, nor would I be super depressed if they were discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lildzik

The gloss and the colors are fun, but when you first buy it the product dries and chaps your lips. I've found that after a over a year of avoiding the product, it has finally begun to improve. My mother said the same thing, but fears it's because of the carcinogens coming out.....but it works well after a long time of letting it settle, but I was really disappointed when I first got them

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

These are okay. I like the packaging... I never thought they were really hydrating or doing anything. I guess if you wanted a tinted balm they're okay at best.

I'd rather buy Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers, Cherry/Strawberry Chapstick, or Nivea Vitamin Swirl to name a few.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbrowne123

Never buy this lip balm. I bought the shade cherry me . I like the smell and the packaging is cute and I like the tint .. It creates a naturalish red tint . However this claims to have 8hr moisture which it doesn't . I usually use Vaseline which really is good I don't suffer from chapped lips but my lips have become really dry lately from baby lips ... It lasts about 15 minutes on my lips which is stupid never buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by celyco

not so great for lip protection or moisturizing but I love the gloss and colors

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely like this lip balm though it's not my favorite one.(Actually I don't have a favorite lip balm yet lol!) I have tried their Grape Vine and Quenched, they were both good but I personally prefer Quenched because I like the clear and nice glossy looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I've been using Baby Lips ever since it was first released in Australia. The packaging differs from the US Baby Lips but it's the same packaging as the ones sold in the Asian market. There are a few ranges offered here: the non-tinted ones, the "Lip Glow" and the "Loves Color" ones. I've only used their non-tinted and "Lip Glow" range.

In terms of the formula of the lip balm, I cannot do a comparison between different markets because I've only used Australian Baby Lips products. I'm unsure if there was a change in the formula but the non-tinted lip balm I have from when it was first released is on the greasy/oily side (glossier) and the "Lip Glow" is drier and waxier. Their "Lip Glow" range has a similar concept to Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm, in which the colour adjusts to your lips depending on the pH. It gives a light tint but is buildable to an unnatural pink. The flavours are strongly fruity (with the exception of menthol). SPF20 is a bonus but this is only in their non-tinted range.

I would not use these lip balms (non-tinted) underneath majority of my lipsticks because of their oily formula. I prefer a waxy lip balm instead but the exception is for lipsticks that are waxy and hard.

As for how moisturising it is, it's a decent lip balm but I don't find it very moisturising. It only serves as a physical barrier against the weather but I'd say after 2 hours, you should reapply because it eventually leaves your lips drier. I find that I don't need very moisturising lip balms most of the year and they work well for summer. They're affordable and they work for me, so I'm likely to repurchase again.