December 21, 2014 | 860 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I'm in love with this tool! I'm one of those girls who could never use a traditional clamp hair curler, and this changed my life! For the first time of my life I curled my own hair successfully under 20 minutes.

The wand is light weight and easy to handle. It heats up in a minute or two, and goes up to as high as 410F. I had it on 3XXF and curled large sections of my hair using the bigger end of it. The tip of the wand is 1/2 inch which is more suitable for creating tight curls. The glove provided with the wand made me work through my hair faster, because I didn't have to be super careful when wrapping my hair around the wand to avoid getting burned. You'll still feel the heat of the wand with the glove on, but at least you won't get burned.

Another great thing about using a clamp-free curler is the ease of doing touch ups. It just makes the process so much faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by colchester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good curler for its price, doesn't burn my hair, easy to use. Curls hold up pretty well throughout the day with a good holding spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

They hit the mark with this one. I was researching conical wands for a long time, and they vary in prices so it's nice to buy one that is reasonably cheap while giving stellar results. The 1/2 inch to inch barrel gives you more options. I love the digital temperature that can be adjusted. You can also lock a temp and unlock it. This maintains heat throughout the wand and doesn't do the heat up/cool down that most curling irons do. The heat is not constant with those. As soon as I got home I used it on one strand of hair. It heated up fast, and the five second hold gave me an incredible curl. My hair is naturally thick and wavy, but most curling irons just make it crimp or fall after only a few minutes. This will give you many types of curls and long lasting curls. Be sure to use a good heat protectant with it. I use several, like Redken Heat Glide, or Got2b. If your hair is thick then those work wonders, but fine to medium hair might prefer Tresemme or Kenra. Curls last better with second day hair or when using heat protectants. Let them rest for awhile and then you can take them apart or brush them out. With this wand they won't fall or go flat. Update: I know why most people don't use the glove. It causes static cling and frizz! It works so much better without it, but if you are new to conical wands then please use the glove. Fingertips have a lot of nerve endings and it's very painful to burn them.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this curling wand! Best hair curling tool I've ever bought. If you want curls like Ashley Benson which I adore her hair this wand is perfect for you! I have naturally straight hair that curls easily but usually the curl falls out pretty quickly. With this wand curls last. I don't know what it is but it just feels like your hair is naturally curly. It heats up fast and is easy to get the hang of. I can curl my hair in about 20 minutes and I have really long hair. I used Kenra 25 professional spray with it, but I really think you could skip hair spray because that's how good of curls this wand gives you. I bought the 1" to 1/2 inch.I would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by phoenixfeather99

I have never been able to get any lasting curls into my hair with my ghd straightner. So I decided I needed to invest in a proper curling device and looked at various hair tongs. My hair is quite long and even when I could get a curl it was always below my chin and no where near my root.

With this curling wand I can get the curl starting at the top of my head and though it might take a little practice it can be done very easily. The packaging for mine is also very pretty (i have the one with the glittery black cone.) and it came with a case which is great because all my friends want me to do their hair with this wand!

When using this I also found the curls stayed for a long time and if I did it at night I could curl each side of my hair, with the curls going in the same direction and then wrap the curls around each other into a ringlet for each layer of hair curled just by twirling them with my finger. I found i could sleep on them and brush them out in the morning and they returned to shape very well!

Recommended for those who have given up on getting curly hair for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shaynamae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This curling iron is amazing for the price. I was looking at a more expensive one and decided on this one and i'm super glad i did. The curls look polished and last!!! Easy to use and gets super hot!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Jhb08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I AM CURLING IRON ILLITERATE... I have never been able to use one...UNTIL NOW! this is the best thing I ever spent $25 on! It's easy to use, & the curls LAST! I have stick straight hair, I've never been able to have those loose waves, but now that I own this, I'll have them ALL the time! give it a try, you'll love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by terrenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am half Japanese, half German, and have lots of thick, dark, coarse hair. My hair does not take a curl well and will not hold a curl more than half a day without soaking it in hairspray. Prior to purchasing this wand, I rarely curled my hair because it would take 45-60 minutes. However, with this wand, I can curl my hair into lovely spiral curls in 30 minutes or less, and they will hold all day and into the next with little to no product. I also like that you have to hold down the power button to turn it off, and that you can lock the heat adjustment buttons, so you don't have to worry about accidentally hitting something while you're curling. The power cord is nice and long, and swivels so it doesn't get twisted.

The glove that comes with this is just a thin cotton glove. It will keep you from getting burned if you brush up against the barrel, but you definitely can't hold onto the barrel. That said, I'm accident prone and probably would have burned my knuckles off by now without the glove, so I'm glad it's there.

Overall I love that this wand is inexpensive, fast and easy to use, and effective. Definitely worth the $20 I spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great curling wand. I've never used one before I bought this one yesterday and this morning it took me less then 10 min to style my hair into perfect waves! I'm not very good at styling my hair and this made it so easy. My hair is a little above my shoulders and generally straight and flat. This gave volume and great waves. I didn't use the glove because it was alittle big and made it hard to grab sections of hair. I also really like that it has a digital temperature control so I don't have to use the highest setting and damage my hair. All in all this is a great curling wand and it's easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mbergmann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this wand! I read all the reviews and watched tutorials on YouTube before I bought it. I have a Hot Tools 1 1/4 curling iron and have always used that one. With the regular iron, it would take me 25-35 mins or so to curl my whole head. I get more of a glamorous look with that iron and have to use a lot of spray to make it hold all day.

With the curling wand, I get soft ribbon-like curls. This is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted something casual to be able to wear any day and still be able to pull my hair up in a pony without all the gunk in it from sprays/gels. It took me about 15 mins or less to curl my whole head. I applied a little gel to give the ending result some definition and a little spray for hold and DONE! Simple, easy, natural looking style. Definitely worth it! Only $25! I seen on YouTube that if you curl your hair the night before in semi-tighter than you'd usually wear curls, in the morning it still holds the style. Gonna give that a try tonight.

I got used to the method of curling with this wand right away. The YouTube reviews/tutorials are really helpful. :) hope this helps!