Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 9/29/2011 11:05:00 AM

This is a really good iron for anyone wanting beachy loose soft waves, or just a little volume. It's worth every penny in my opinion. I am very happy with it and it does the job. My hair is naturally pin straight and will not hold curl for more then 20 minutes, with this iron it pretty much stays for about an hour. But my hair will still have a lot of volume. I didn't expect my curls to last all day and night so i'm not mad about that.

Overall i really love this iron. I would repurchase if for some reason it broke.

This isn't normal...after using a product and I *immediately* want to share how much I am so happy I purchased this! After researching curling wands via YouTube and MUA...I just had to try this one out.

I'm very impressed. I hold curls well, but this one definitely was bouncy and spirally! I even tried it on my mom and the curl held in pin straight hair. Now this is a feat...seriously!

I got the 1 to 1/2 wand, but I am definitely going to purchase the larger barrel. I like looser waves, but this is a look (tighter curls) I enjoy as well!

on 9/16/2011 2:16:00 AM

I'm in love with this tool! I'm one of those girls who could never use a traditional clamp hair curler, and this changed my life! For the first time of my life I curled my own hair successfully under 20 minutes.

The wand is light weight and easy to handle. It heats up in a minute or two, and goes up to as high as 410F. I had it on 3XXF and curled large sections of my hair using the bigger end of it. The tip of the wand is 1/2 inch which is more suitable for creating tight curls. The glove provided with the wand made me work through my hair faster, because I didn't have to be super careful when wrapping my hair around the wand to avoid getting burned. You'll still feel the heat of the wand with the glove on, but at least you won't get burned.

Another great thing about using a clamp-free curler is the ease of doing touch ups. It just makes the process so much faster.

on 9/5/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good curler for its price, doesn't burn my hair, easy to use. Curls hold up pretty well throughout the day with a good holding spray.

on 9/3/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

They hit the mark with this one. I was researching conical wands for a long time, and they vary in prices so it's nice to buy one that is reasonably cheap while giving stellar results. The 1/2 inch to inch barrel gives you more options. I love the digital temperature that can be adjusted. You can also lock a temp and unlock it. This maintains heat throughout the wand and doesn't do the heat up/cool down that most curling irons do. The heat is not constant with those. As soon as I got home I used it on one strand of hair. It heated up fast, and the five second hold gave me an incredible curl. My hair is naturally thick and wavy, but most curling irons just make it crimp or fall after only a few minutes. This will give you many types of curls and long lasting curls. Be sure to use a good heat protectant with it. I use several, like Redken Heat Glide, or Got2b. If your hair is thick then those work wonders, but fine to medium hair might prefer Tresemme or Kenra. Curls last better with second day hair or when using heat protectants. Let them rest for awhile and then you can take them apart or brush them out. With this wand they won't fall or go flat. Update: I know why most people don't use the glove. It causes static cling and frizz! It works so much better without it, but if you are new to conical wands then please use the glove. Fingertips have a lot of nerve endings and it's very painful to burn them.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this curling wand! Best hair curling tool I've ever bought. If you want curls like Ashley Benson which I adore her hair this wand is perfect for you! I have naturally straight hair that curls easily but usually the curl falls out pretty quickly. With this wand curls last. I don't know what it is but it just feels like your hair is naturally curly. It heats up fast and is easy to get the hang of. I can curl my hair in about 20 minutes and I have really long hair. I used Kenra 25 professional spray with it, but I really think you could skip hair spray because that's how good of curls this wand gives you. I bought the 1" to 1/2 inch.I would highly recommend it.

I have never been able to get any lasting curls into my hair with my ghd straightner. So I decided I needed to invest in a proper curling device and looked at various hair tongs. My hair is quite long and even when I could get a curl it was always below my chin and no where near my root.

With this curling wand I can get the curl starting at the top of my head and though it might take a little practice it can be done very easily. The packaging for mine is also very pretty (i have the one with the glittery black cone.) and it came with a case which is great because all my friends want me to do their hair with this wand!

When using this I also found the curls stayed for a long time and if I did it at night I could curl each side of my hair, with the curls going in the same direction and then wrap the curls around each other into a ringlet for each layer of hair curled just by twirling them with my finger. I found i could sleep on them and brush them out in the morning and they returned to shape very well!

Recommended for those who have given up on getting curly hair for everyday wear!

on 8/12/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This curling iron is amazing for the price. I was looking at a more expensive one and decided on this one and i'm super glad i did. The curls look polished and last!!! Easy to use and gets super hot!!

on 8/12/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I AM CURLING IRON ILLITERATE... I have never been able to use one...UNTIL NOW! this is the best thing I ever spent $25 on! It's easy to use, & the curls LAST! I have stick straight hair, I've never been able to have those loose waves, but now that I own this, I'll have them ALL the time! give it a try, you'll love it!!

on 8/1/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am half Japanese, half German, and have lots of thick, dark, coarse hair. My hair does not take a curl well and will not hold a curl more than half a day without soaking it in hairspray. Prior to purchasing this wand, I rarely curled my hair because it would take 45-60 minutes. However, with this wand, I can curl my hair into lovely spiral curls in 30 minutes or less, and they will hold all day and into the next with little to no product. I also like that you have to hold down the power button to turn it off, and that you can lock the heat adjustment buttons, so you don't have to worry about accidentally hitting something while you're curling. The power cord is nice and long, and swivels so it doesn't get twisted.

The glove that comes with this is just a thin cotton glove. It will keep you from getting burned if you brush up against the barrel, but you definitely can't hold onto the barrel. That said, I'm accident prone and probably would have burned my knuckles off by now without the glove, so I'm glad it's there.

Overall I love that this wand is inexpensive, fast and easy to use, and effective. Definitely worth the $20 I spent!

Top Rated Remington Products